As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] F-Zero PX II - Race Finale: The New Champion of F-Zero PX is...

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I have been on and off with picking rivals. I just want to win.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I picked a rival once and it was in the race where my starting position was bad. My thinking has been that the best chance for the village is to get one of us on the podium so I've focused on putting myself in a position where I can win.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I have no rivals, only a nemesis!

It’s different. More classy.

• Options
    TehSpectre

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Another idea is people could just let me win and guarantee a village win. Sounds good? Just something to think on. Food for thought and such.

• Options
    When I beat you @MamaWolf I promise to use some of my win-bucks to improve the living conditions of your no doubt impoverished dog planet.

• Options
    If you beat me @Endless_Serpents . When I beat you I will use the win-bucks to buy your wonderful mother all the sprinkled donuts her heart desires! Of course buy you a memento picture to put on your mantle

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    SPARKY DAVE HAS NO MATERIAL DESIRES

ONLY THE NEED FOR SPEED

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular

Virgil_Leads_You – feels personal. .]

Aww Jeez, not my intention.
    Sorry Romantic Undead.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    If you beat me @Endless_Serpents . When I beat you I will use the win-bucks to buy your wonderful mother all the sprinkled donuts her heart desires! Of course buy you a memento picture to put on your mantle

Thank you.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Yes. Vote for the guy who had the vote pulled off of him in an earlier day to take out a mafia dude. That's dumb, don't be dumb.

SLyM or Endless_Serpents are the shadiest 2.

Endless was attacked a ton of times by 3 different people last night and didn't crash.

SLyM has gotten first place multiple times.

These are things we can directly point to, other than "Spectre pushed the Green vote!", which I did and do not regret, per se, because I felt confident about it and we did not have anyone who was a more compelling vote at the time.

I helped move the discrider vote, tbh it was to cement a vote in his direction over me, but it still helped swing it.

I trusted Ahava and Gizzy and backed them.

Endless and SLyM are the best candidates.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    7 times to be exact.

• Options
    7 really poor times.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    I mean in this kind of game the vote is pretty much only good for the mafia to remove competition, yes. It's vanishingly unlikely we'd hit all the mafia in a 6 day game so the actual wincon for the village is to keep the mafia from winning the race.

Ok, but how does the village know who's mafia if they can't rely on the vote count? Attacking someone doesn't reveal anything about them. If you're insinuating that the Mafia has the power to both kill players AND control the vote, that's hilariously unbalanced! What chance would the village have to win?

Also, it doesn't make sense, because the only mafia to have died so far, died to the vote, so obviously what you just said can't possibly be true.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I haven't used the rival mechanic. The one race I won/did well in I basically seemed to pulled a Bradbury. Not ramming seems to have been the best option.

My point exactly. I've picked a rival every day, and I've basically stayed super low in the qualifiers and barely made up past midway in the races. It seems that if you want to win, setting a rival is counter-intuitive. Not to mention that there have been at least a couple of players so far that have been attacked multiples times, yourself included it seems, and they're still alive, so it seems like setting a rival is really only useful to folks who don't really feel they have a chance to win and just want to act as a spoiler for someone else.

I mean I took the bottomless pockets perk, so I have unlimited cars. Seeing as I figured lots of people would be ram happy I assume lots of people took that.

I took Survivor for the same reason, but boy was I wrong. I've only been attacked by one other player.

• Options
    Because we don't need to kill all the mafia? We just need a villager to get 1st place and that's a village win.

We've killed 4 villagers and 1 mafia in a game where the village has an actual wincon that is not "destroy the mafia." We have actively helped the mafia by reducing their competition for 1st place.

The mafia don't need to control the vote, they just need to let the village eat itself while they calmly take out people finishing high in races and position themselves to win the cup.

• Options
    Like, unless the village somehow activated Truesight and voted out a mafia every single night, this game was never going to come down to one side eliminating the other, it was always going to go to the side that wins the cup.

So then the question is, of the top 4 people in points right now, which do we think are mafia? Which do we think are village? Can any of them be stopped with a dogpile instead of the vote? Do any of them need to be voted out if they're mafia?

I reiterate that I'm 100% sure I'm going to be the kill target tonight, because I'm in 2nd and in a good place in the qualifying grid.

• Options
    Yeah, I think this social game was a question of how can we help each other? rather than how can we destroy the enemy?

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Pretty much why I called truce a day after rolling MamaWolf as my nemesis.

(MamaWolf, my nemesis)

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    *rubs temples*

I have never said we need to kill all the mafia, I understand how the game is won. I have explained my reasoning for pushing SLyM, and don't understand why folks are defending him, because he has done nothing to demonstrate that he is on the village's side. Just because he is low in the qualifier does not mean he can't come back to win this. If some of the folks low on the leaderboard were to come forward and pledge that they are going to keep him from scoring, then I would gladly change my focus to someone else, but that doesn't appear to be happening, as no one but me has bothered attacking him thus far, and half of the folks playing don't even want to use the Rival system because it appears to slow you down.

Now folks are voting for Spectre, who has, in fact, done something to suggest he's likely on the village's side AND he's not even that highly ranked, so I have NO idea why people think that Spectre is a better candidate for the vote than SLyM or ANY OTHER player, for that matter, ESPECIALLY anyone of the three above him in the standings, which are yourself, SLyM and Lucedes, who I note no one is even talking about. Even if Spectre is Crimson, which I highly doubt, why should we trust your word over his? What have you done to demonstrate you're on the village's side? Then you've got folks Endless_Serpents who is throwing out a vote for JaysonFour, who has no chance to win this, so what purpose does that vote serve at all?

You know what, I'm gonna take a stand here and say that I hope Spectre wins. I don't have a real shot at this, but he does, and I'm pretty sure he's village, so go fellow undead dude!

• Options
    That was a joke post I went for TehSpectre straight after. I’m sorry, I’m a bit of a jester.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    The top racers would have to be knocked out and not place at all (pretty much) as well as me taking first.

There's less than a 1% chance for me, but I appreciate the sentiment

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    The top racers would have to be knocked out and not place at all as well as me taking first.

There's less than a 1% chance for me, but I appreciate the sentiment

Believe in the heart of the cars.

• Options
    You know what, 3cl1ps3

- thinks the vote is useless, which it demonstrably is not
    - has a decent shot at winning
    - insists that the village should leave him alone because the Mafia will "definitely" kill him (oh yeah, you really should trust him on that guys, don't attack him or vote for him, he pinky swears!)
    - He and Endless_Serpents seem to get along real well, backing each other up about how useless the vote is, and agreeing each other's posts and so on, plus a lot of folks think Serpents is suspicious as well ( Mafia Buddies backing each other up?) I'm mainly choosing 3cl1ps3 over Serpents because he's higher in the standings
    - Endless_Serpents, on the last day of the game, puts out a throwaway vote against a player who can't even impact the game at this point
    - Both are trying to suggest Spectre is a bigger threat to the village that SLyM, Lucedes or each other, despite the fact that, unlike either of them, Spectre actually helped kill a mafia. Why should we believe the word of two other folks who haven't proven anything over the word of someone who voted for a mafia before there was even a bandwagon on them? Because Spectre could be a secret mastermind who threw his companion under the bus, only to then play me and Ahava for patsies? C'mon guys, Occam's Razor here, do you really think Spectre is that smart or ruthless? (sorry dude :biggrin:)

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I will join a 38th vote.

Sorry for being so inactive, I have just not had the mental capacity to engage after all the work I was doing for and after the wedding.
    hmm.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I did a grid analysis of where everyone stands and what needs to happen to cause either clinches or potential wins:

5co6h0dbkhjn.jpg

I know the clinching phrasing is a bit weird, just assume that if someone is listed as dying they survive but everyone else in that cluster dies.

What we can see immediately is that some people basically mathematically cannot win, and some people would require a straight up act of god to win. The top 5 of us are all in the hunt for it pretty well (Spectre, your chances are better than you think it seems based on this).

So, the question becomes, do we bully SLyM with rivalries or vote for them, or do we try to make a read on if Lucedes or Spectre are evil and oust them instead (again, I'm operating under the assumption that I will be killed tonight).

• Options
    I will join a 38th vote.

Sorry for being so inactive, I have just not had the mental capacity to engage after all the work I was doing for and after the wedding.
    hmm.

I'm always suspect of this style of post.
    I empathize with feeling like you might need to respond to folk's expectations in thread, but also folk (citing my own experience as mafia) tend to not feel like the need to apologize for inactivity unless they got something cooking under the hood.
    But yo that sounds rad about the wedding! Congrats 3cl1pse3! It's a ton of work but I bet it will turn out nice!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Also nice graph yo!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    The answer is clear to ME at least.

The top 5 need to die!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    I mostly just feel pretty guilty if I join a game and then go afk, because inactive villages really help mafia players. Just doesn't sit well with me when I do it.

But thank you!

• Options
    Eh, you're doing turns, you're kicking ass at the race. From my view if you are village you are doing amazing.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Red is good in that chart, right?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Ok I'm convinced 3cl1pse3

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I mean to be clear I definitely think SLyM is mafia and have said as much multiple times :P.

My question isn't "is SLyM evil," it's do we vote for SLyM or bully them in the race to try and force a last place finish while voting out someone else we're suss of (which I guess is me right now).

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    3clipse did the math, so i'm voting for SLyM.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Red is good in that chart, right?

Orks tell me that red ones go faster.

In fact, go fast 3cl1pse3

• Options
    Please bully anyone but me so that I may leverage my small chance of winning.

Also I am not suspicious. There is nothing suspicious about an infinite supply of snakes.

• Options
    Eh, I'm kinda leaning against voting out Eclipse now.
    SLyM

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Lucedes wrote: »
    3clipse did the math, so i'm voting for SLyM.

Putting in a lot of effort, though mine was art, was why I lasted so long as a mafia in the last game. It’s a good last day post, either side of the coin, so I appreciate it too 3ć1953.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    You know what, 3cl1ps3

- thinks the vote is useless, which it demonstrably is not
    - has a decent shot at winning
    - insists that the village should leave him alone because the Mafia will "definitely" kill him (oh yeah, you really should trust him on that guys, don't attack him or vote for him, he pinky swears!)
    - He and Endless_Serpents seem to get along real well, backing each other up about how useless the vote is, and agreeing each other's posts and so on, plus a lot of folks think Serpents is suspicious as well ( Mafia Buddies backing each other up?) I'm mainly choosing 3cl1ps3 over Serpents because he's higher in the standings
    - Endless_Serpents, on the last day of the game, puts out a throwaway vote against a player who can't even impact the game at this point
    - Both are trying to suggest Spectre is a bigger threat to the village that SLyM, Lucedes or each other, despite the fact that, unlike either of them, Spectre actually helped kill a mafia. Why should we believe the word of two other folks who haven't proven anything over the word of someone who voted for a mafia before there was even a bandwagon on them? Because Spectre could be a secret mastermind who threw his companion under the bus, only to then play me and Ahava for patsies? C'mon guys, Occam's Razor here, do you really think Spectre is that smart or ruthless? (sorry dude :biggrin:)
    To be fair, I have done that before.

Don't make me argue against myself, RU!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg