As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
"Fuck Shadowfire you're doing another gacha" I know help me please

Pinball! Gacha..? CyGames (Dragalia Lost, Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse, Princess Connect, etc etc) are merging the two into a cutesy pinball table full of goofy characters and special abilities.
Coming out 8 September!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMORyiMGAs

Should I reroll? Who should I go for?
It's a gacha, so maybe yeah. Rerolling should be pretty easy (it sounds like a literal two minute process), and there are a bunch of characters at the start that you could aim for. Pick a favorite and grab them. This tier list was put together by underl1ght on reddit and appears to be pretty well received.

Who is the publisher? Is it good?
Kakao is publishing the global version. They've done well with Guardian Tales and are well liked by the community. That said, this is a gacha. If that is a problem for you (ethical reasons, gambling issues, whatever), nothing about how generous or stingy they are will change anything. But the game looks and sounds fun so I'm in for the start anyway.

Alright, I'm an idiot like you. Where can I get it?
Play Store, iOS

Links:
Official site
Twitter
A good FAQ for new players

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Did this finally actually come out? It vanished into no release date limbo I thought
    Ah I guess tomorrow. Seems like they flubbed their launch a bit since I thought it was indefinitely dead and this is the first I'm hearing of the actual release.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well it's been out in japan for years it just never had a western publisher

liEt3nH.png
    right I meant the global release

BahamutZERO.gif
    seems to be out now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    See I've sworn off gacha games but this looks unique enough for me to put some time into.

5 re-rolls and still no 5* :( Now I remember why I swore them off.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I looked at the actual gameplay thinking a real pinball game would be neat, but this doesn't seem to be that. It's closer to just a timed clicker, no classic pinball mechanics at all, you just keep the ball up in the air?

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I looked at the actual gameplay thinking a real pinball game would be neat, but this doesn't seem to be that. It's closer to just a timed clicker, no classic pinball mechanics at all, you just keep the ball up in the air?

Yeah you use the bumpers to launch your guys in the air. Tap the screen to dash (with a cooldown) and the longer they stay up the more they build combos. More combos = more damage. You get skills per unit and each unit has a different type of attack. You can also choose a "second" unit for your primary that changes their skills slightly. For example I have the dragon who by himself does a line of damage. But I mixed him with someone else and now he moves back and forth.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Well I'll pass. It looks like pretty bland gameplay. I was briefly interested in the idea of using actual pinball gameplay.

What is this I don't even.
    Yeah I mean the flippers are the pinball mechanics. If your units go down between the flippers (lol) they lose some HP. It does require your attention though. I don't know how well the Auto works yet.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    For those unaware, they removed the quick reroll button for Global. No reason why since Korea released same day and they have it.

urahonky wrote: »

oh is a 5 star not guaranteed? lmao I just got one by accident my first 10-pull then, that sucks

BahamutZERO.gif
    urahonky wrote: »

oh is a 5 star not guaranteed? lmao I just got one by accident my first 10-pull then, that sucks

It took about 7 rerolls to get it. Luckily you can skip the tutorial so it took like 4 minutes to get to the rolls.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Alright, rerolled a bunch of times and got a double 5* pull with Clarisse and Phiria, two pretty high tier characters. I think I'll call that good. Now to see if the game's fun!

I ended up with Clarisse and the Fire Dragon dude which is great because they synergize well.

how do the special abilities interact when you set a sub-unit?

BahamutZERO.gif
    how do the special abilities interact when you set a sub-unit?

Honestly I'm not sure how to tell other than using it once by itself and then again with another unit.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Welp. I'm stonewalled 2 minutes in by a 2 gig download that my local network is neither fast nor stable enough to pull off.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Welp. I'm stonewalled 2 minutes in by a 2 gig download that my local network is neither fast nor stable enough to pull off.

Did it clear up at all? Around 3ish the servers took a huge dunno.

Shadowfire wrote: »

Yeah, it was bad for a bit trying to do anything even on a very fast wifi signal during my lunch hour (3EST, 1MST)

I ended up settling on a roll with Veron, Lazelt, and mah boy Wagner. I don't care if he's bottom tier because dragon.

Servers are still a bit toasted right now.

Looks like the game is going down for emergency server maintenance. Gotta love those launch server woes.

Gonna swap out the 386 for a Pentium.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Am I the only one that just... doesn't re-roll? Seems to just anger the Gacha Gods.

Anyway, I got Inaho, a thunder 5*, on my first ten-pull.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I rerolled a few times. Kept the roll that had Cagliostro, water poison guy and the top tier wind lady. I'd have gone further if they had kept that reroll button, but I'm content with those pulls.

PMAvers wrote: »
    Am I the only one that just... doesn't re-roll? Seems to just anger the Gacha Gods.

Anyway, I got Inaho, a thunder 5*, on my first ten-pull.

me too, but not for RNG superstition, I just can't be bothered :P

BahamutZERO.gif
    I rerolled until I at least got a 5*. I wasn't aiming for anything big lol

Shadowfire wrote: »

Haven't tried a lot. I'm up to like, 8%, lol.

But my physical location is currently really bad for wifi connection and cell data. I'll try again later when I go out to a dentist appointment or something.

edited September 2021
    I really like the pinball mechanic of the game but worry that it won't hold my attention for very long.

e: 90% of the reason I get sucked into these games is because of known characters. FFBE for example.

urahonky on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    oh no. I'm enjoying this.

edited September 2021
    Got the game going. Did some initial pulls. Got some fun looking characters. One combo I like is to use the buff dude who gives the party a buff as his special (Walter), and pair him with the lightning dragon (Rams). Her special doesn’t require any positioning, so it’s safe to do whenever I want the buff.

Edit; oh, jos buff is only a defense one against fire damage.

Enlong on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Got the game going. Did some initial pulls. Got some fun looking characters. One combo I like is to use the buff dude who gives the party a buff as his special (Walter), and pair him with the lightning dragon (Rams). Her special doesn’t require any positioning, so it’s safe to do whenever I want the buff.

Edit; oh, jos buff is only a defense one against fire damage.

Rams is great. An ancient lady dragon? Fucking amazing. A+

Oh i guess she's good in the game too.

Not familiar with this type of game. I checked the microtransactions.

How do those bead packs with 0/1 work? Is it per month or per lifetime?

Those are probably one time offers, or once a week or month. If it doesn't say anything about the shop resetting it's one time to hypothetically lure you in andget you hooked and paying for the more expensive MTX next time.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Yeah. I’d urge everyone to steer clear of the paid stuff. Particularly with the frequent discounted things; it can be a bit too easy to get into a routine of paying a little bit for the gamble.

All the character profiles seem to have the character’s Race written in what I assume to be Korean letters. Did the team forget to translate that?

Yeah. I’d urge everyone to steer clear of the paid stuff. Particularly with the frequent discounted things; it can be a bit too easy to get into a routine of paying a little bit for the gamble.

IDK i'd like to drop a few dollaridoos if i still enjoy it in a month but also.... wow, the game is expensive!!

I suppose that’s fair. Just be sure that what you’re paying is worth what you get.

For instance, in Final Fantasy Record Keeper, a no-discount draw that guarantees a strong item costs about $30 in game currency. And I always think “I could buy another game or two for that kind of cash”.

• abotkinabotkin Registered User regular

IDK i'd like to drop a few dollaridoos if i still enjoy it in a month but also.... wow, the game is expensive!!

@21stCentury In general with the various gachas I've played, if you want to toss a few dollars at them, you're generally best served by their basic monthly passes that give you a small lump sum of currency up front and then a smaller chunk each day that you log in.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405