As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Surviving Mars] Tropico... in SPAAAAACE!

123457»

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'd guess that Haemimont might have been put on Surviving Mars 2?
    I know that hasn't actually been announced, but you do see it fairly often where the original devs are put onto a sequel or brand new follow up, and DLC is handed off to a new team on the basis that they just have to modify what's there rather than create something from scratch.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    klemming wrote: »
    I'd guess that Haemimont might have been put on Surviving Mars 2?
    I know that hasn't actually been announced, but you do see it fairly often where the original devs are put onto a sequel or brand new follow up, and DLC is handed off to a new team on the basis that they just have to modify what's there rather than create something from scratch.

I'm guessing that they aren't -- they entered into a publishing deal with Frontier in 2019 (after Green Planet came out) and seem to be working entirely on their new stuff with Frontier. Paradox's entire MO is to churn out quite a bit of DLC too -- I don't think they planned on a sequel anytime soon, as seen with stuff like Cities Skylines. There was a pretty clear gap after Green Planet -- I expected more DLC, but Haemimont appears to have stopped most of their involvement on the project and went onto their new stuff with Frontier. Paradox has made a bunch of really puzzling moves in the last year, which makes me a bit curious if there was a fallout or something.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JusticeJustice Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Anyone with recent experience with the Below and Beyond DLC for Xbox? The reviews all say it's buggy, but it's been a while and I'm wondering if they ever patched it. I can't find any way to see the most recent update date for DLCs, at least prior to purchase.

Edit: Ooh, looks like I can install mods! Any I should? Kind of wondering if the bug fix ones have been superseded by official patches.

Justice on