As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WRECKAGE — Tactical Carnage

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Looks great to me, team. Geon-Zo is ready to run in and start hacking things apart. Also, today is Monday, not tomorrow. Holiday threw me off.

Anyone mind tossing me one of the table legs to use? I'm kinda down a melee weapon at this point.

I don't think anyone lay claim to the one 'Xim didn't find

((Yeah, I tossed the one I found to Geon-Zo already. Pretty much tossed it all to you, really, lol))

JtgVX0H.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Smelling more Goo, 'Xim rushes forward, before coming face to face with another heaving wall of meat.

There's a tense moment of silence as the brothers regard each other.
    Before the new abomination breaks it, roaring in defiance at the one that now stands a calcium block taller than it.

'Mine', 'Xim shouts flatly, standing astride the Goo, before teeth come down on the fleshy mass in front of him.

Minion roll 2d6 for 2 damage ignoring armour

2 damage ignoring armour:
    2d6 7 [2d6=5, 2]

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Yeah, I wasn't sure which ones of the items found were being put to immediate usage.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Due to unforeseen events this fight is gonna be rougher than the last, as I don’t have time to do… anything.

'Xim! You smash your doppelgänger in one of its larger eyes, your mace embedding in their gnarly mass!

7zvaiah1f51x.jpeg
    db58soj3sism.jpeg

Endless_Serpents on
    Geon-Zo

Now is the time, you can almost hear the triggers being pulled—you move instinctively.

What do you do?

edited September 2021
    Endless_Serpents on
    edited September 2021
    Wielding its battle-table-leg, Geon-Zo charges forward with a musical roar* and slams into the Xim-alike! One pincer-like hand reaches out to grab the thing, while the other rears back and employs Geon-Zo's scavenged weapon with focused brutality!

Move to southeast of the Xim-alike and tackle it! Prepping to hit it with an off-turn melee attack as soon as it comes up in the initiative order!

Which, checking my notes, should be pretty much immediately, so I'll go ahead and roll that now against a reduced DR! On a hit, Geon-Zo will do 3 damage: 1 for the table, +2 Brutal.

Geth, roll 2d6 for Tackled Ximlike 3 damage

Tackled Ximlike 3 damage:
    2d6 8 [2d6=2, 6]

Elvenshae on
    Lost in rage and confusion, the fresh lump of anger swings once at 'Xim, and carries than swing around in the hopes of cleaving Geon-Zo in twain!

Melee Attack + Melee Attack

Geth roll 2d6 for 3 Damage to Xim
    Geth roll 2d6 for 3 Damage to G-Z

3 Damage to Xim:
    2d6 5 [2d6=1, 4]
    3 Damage to G-Z:
    2d6 2 [2d6=1, 1]

The doppelgänger misses its twin, which provides it the momentum to shatter its axe into Geon-Zo’s head! A gaping wound runs along the purple pursuer’s face!

Geon-Zo! You suffer 3 damage and 1 bleed. Bleed deals 1 damage if you move.

Geon-Zo has acquired an item: Most of a broken axe.

Pa’ew

Your orcish whiskers twitch. You can smell the breeze pulling in through the tunnel. Escape lies beyond your enemies.

What do you do?

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Pa'ew is sometimes known for being cunning, and sometimes for being clever

And sometimes for just fucking shit up.

Aiming for the heart in the center of the room, Pa'ew double-taps center mass, like you do.

((Pistol is 1 damage, plus 1 damage for Volatile, plus 2 damage for Gun Nut, which also adds 2 range))

Geth roll 2d6+1 for laser guided pistol (4 damage)
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for laser guided pistol (4 damage), 2nd shot

laser guided pistol (5 damage):
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=6, 4]
    laser guided pistol (5 damage), 2nd shot:
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=2, 1]

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    edited September 2021
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Wrecking the second shot

Wrecking the second shot:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

Tox on
    Ranged weapons are +Volatile to damage, which is still 4 per shot

discrider wrote: »
    Ranged weapons are +Volatile to damage, which is still 4 per shot

((woops, ty! edited))

b2eapifpqwzi.jpeg

In quick succession both rounds blow through the heart, collapsing its chambers and blowing chunks of decaying meat across the room. One final pained thump of the heart blasts the adjacent guard into the wall, cracking its skull. It’s knocked out! It slumps awkwardly, neck bent at a right angle. Looks like a broken arm too.

1G will miss its turn. There will be no reinforcements.

A terrible, deep and distorted groan vibrates through your bones. The tower is dead. Pa’ew, tower slayer. It was a kindness, in the end. It was never meant to be this way. The overseers dreams ended long ago.

After a pause as the guards look back in shock, a cleaner is dislodged. It falls to the floor and immediately kicks a guard in the shin.

Geth roll 2d6 for Kick (1 damage)

Kick (1 damage):
    2d6 6 [2d6=4, 2]

It doesn’t hurt the guard, but you’ve got to admire the defiance.

edited September 2021
    Awoo

Time for violent undulation.
    @Darmak

Things you sense:
    This tower is dead. That was probably pretty integral to its structure.
    That last quake wasn’t just the heart exploding; something is hitting the northern wall of the tower!

Endless_Serpents on
    edited September 2021
    Sometimes, your enemies will falter when their leader dies, or they lose that which they wish to conquer, steal or protect. These enemies? This tower was all they had, all they were. Now only bitter revenge is in their hearts. Kill them all or flee through the tunnel.

Endless_Serpents on
    Expanding inside the suit until it looks like an inflated balloon, Awoo takes off running with an awkward gait straight at the lump of flesh that attacked Geon-Zo. Nobody hurts their squaddies!

At point blank range, they aim the bone spitter at center mass and attempt to send it to join it's mother tower

Geth roll 2d6 for BLAM

Use a WRECKING DIE

Geth roll 1d6 for WD

BLAM:
    2d6 9 [2d6=4, 5]
    WD:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

JtgVX0H.png
    ((Oh, and I'll do 3 damage if I hit))

JtgVX0H.png
    7h4mrmjeounr.jpeg

Awoo! You blow its insides out. Several eyes hit the ceils. It craps itself. Very dead.

It’s body stays standing however, causing a bit of an obstacle.

edited September 2021
    2G

Arms shaking, eyes bloodshot, the guard focuses on survive first, murder second. It slides up to some cover to the north of the chamber and hunkers down.

Move + Duck

3G

At the same time, another guard runs towards Geon-Zo and throws something… it hits the floor between their legs with a soft tink.

Geon-Zo

You find yourself airborne. It’s interesting. You’re staring at the ceiling, then at Awoo, who is upside down. Oh, actually, you’ve just been blown up.

Geon-Zo! You suffer 3 damage! You’ve been caught in a grenade blast! You land on your ass! Mostly intact!

Move + throw a grenade. It appears it only had one.

e2mtdavmgf74.jpeg

Endless_Serpents on
    Myo

With the battle well under way, you need to make your move. Your rattling, heavy, determined move.

Consider using 1 action to improvise, if it’s funny or interesting I’ll likely allow it.
    @Bursar

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Move to the space west of Geon-Zo

Myo rumbles forward, its finger twitching on the activation switch for the Cutter. The awful double of 'Xim is standing right there, but... something's off. The eyes are spinning in different directions (some of them spinning on the floor, in fact), and that gaping hole going through its torso is a big indication that this creature isn't much of a threat anymore.

"This hole...
    It was made for Myo."

From past experience, those bone guns hit pretty hard. Maybe an extra temporary layer of muscle would dampen some of the blow.

You ask for an Improvise, things are gonna get weird.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Also, you're lucky the heart isn't close enough to reach in one turn, because "dance in its raining blood" was an option

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    edited September 2021
    Myo

You squeeze your way in and stand, triumphant, wearing the corpse like a suit.

You will ignore the next damage inflicted upon you, then lose your meat suit. You’re movement is reduced to 2.

Endless_Serpents on
    The Cleaners

Together they run, and make it to the tunnel.

1c remains on the map, right in front of the escape route.

Round 2

F I G H T
    +1 bonus to hitting stuff now!

2G is harder to hit as it is against cover.

edited September 2021
    'Xim gingerly removes their mace from .. Myo.
    If there was a connection before, it pales in comparison to the raw feelings that are pumping through 'Xim now.
    'Xim is momentarily distracted by images of 'Xim and Myo playing Catch-The-Bile together and dreams of a better future.

'Xim sighs.

As much as they want to just spend their time hugging the overseer, the fight is still raging.
    'Xim steels themselves, and charges to the nearest guard.

Move to the west of the top guard, 1G, and attack.
    Possibly pick up the blood if just picking it up is a free action and Geon-Zo is not thinking of spending his turn doing the same.

Minion roll 2d6+1 for Helping Dad and two damage

Helping Dad and two damage:
    2d6+1 12 [2d6=6, 5]

discrider on
    Also recommend someone drops a cleaner on 3G's head

edited September 2021
    I’ll allow that goo grab! Everything is usually 1 action no matter what, but you guys have got this encounter. That heart was supposed to last longer, spawning in reinforcements. :biggrin:

From the force of your blow, the downed guard springs to life and commando rolls away from you, 'Xim! A split-second later the north wall is struck by explosive force! Great seeping cracks appear across its surface! A single ray of dim light shines through the largest crack, and cool air pushes through.

3y8wphhtd73g.jpeg

A violet light races along the crack, scanning, up, down, left and right.

Endless_Serpents on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WN_KsHHeOY
    @Elvenshae

That dude throw a grenade at you.

edited September 2021
    One thousand kings! One thousand crowns! The bones made dust, the metal reforged—fit for club and haft!

None shall reign in the Land of Kur! No throne will remain untoppled by Time and Ruin!

Kur Abandon! The edge of Oblivion!

Look above! Seen is the Higher World descending!

Lä!

A guard hisses, another lets out two sharp clicks. Nonsense, or a language only they know? Some kind of coordination between them, a last ditch effort about to be revealed…

Endless_Serpents on
    edited September 2021
    Alright, back from camping!

Geon-Zo quickly* recollects itself, sliding an arm across its face and swiping away a small tub's worth of blood, and aims its anger at the guard who dared to throw something at the purple monstrosity. Two can play at that game! Geon-Zo leaps into the air, grabbing at one of the trapped Cleaners, and hurling it into the stupid guard's ugly face!

* in gametime, anyway, heh heh

Move to the cleaner above 3G and try to pull it away from the grasping hands. Not sure what stat to add to the roll, or if you want a roll for this, but I'll roll it anyway just in case. If possible in a single turn (not sure if this would be coded in the rules as move-manipulate or move-manipulate-attack), huck it at guard 3G. Just in case, I'll roll an attack for that, too, but it's probably one action too many.

Geth, roll 2d6 for Add whatever stat to grab Cleaner
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Huck at guard if allowed

Ed: Thanks, Disc! I’d forgotten that the ceiling cleaners were in another castle on another map.

Add whatever stat to grab Cleaner:
    2d6 8 [2d6=4, 4]
    Huck at guard if:
    2d6+1 13 [2d6=6, 6]

Elvenshae on
    edited September 2021
    There is a yet unnamed cleaner stuck to the ceiling directly above 3G.
    Of the original three, only 1c is still escaping; the others got out I think.
    Roof image (orange blobs are stuck cleaners, other enemies are out of date):
    xi13z4xhru1f.png

discrider on
    I mean, what kind of animal disregards a roll of midnight (6 + 6)?

Geon-Zo

The purple powerhouse whip-cracks a cleaner free from the grasping ceiling and launches it at the guard! It folds its many limbs into its chest and bombs into their bone plated face!

The guard’s head is crushed into its neck! It has suffered terrible internal injuries. The cleaner bounces away, protected by its chitinous shell, and rolls off down the escape tunnel.

3G has suffered 4 damage. You have earned 1 Wrecking Die, Geon-Zo.

3o98po1cryis.jpeg

3G is forced to move from the damage. That’s a trait I forgot to account for just now.

tb4jv8dculbo.jpeg

edited September 2021
    1G
    Aware they’re wide open, this guard fires their gun at 'Xim while backpedaling towards cover.

Geth roll 2d6+1 for Shoot (2 damage)

2G
    Tucked up against cover, it takes two well aimed shots at 'Xim.

Geth roll 2d6+1 for Shoot

3G

Seeing no chance of survival, the last guard runs towards Awoo and takes a shot!

268bc2wkdfu7.jpeg

Shoot (2 damage):
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=2, 6]
    Shoot:
    2d6+1 5 [2d6=1, 3]
    Shoot:
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=3, 5]
    Shoot:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=3, 3]

Endless_Serpents on
    Xim

You take 4 smoking hot ventilation damage.

The Squad

Pa’ew, Awoo, Myo, you’re up next in that order.