As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    abotkin wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yeah. I’d urge everyone to steer clear of the paid stuff. Particularly with the frequent discounted things; it can be a bit too easy to get into a routine of paying a little bit for the gamble.

IDK i'd like to drop a few dollaridoos if i still enjoy it in a month but also.... wow, the game is expensive!!

21stCentury In general with the various gachas I've played, if you want to toss a few dollars at them, you're generally best served by their basic monthly passes that give you a small lump sum of currency up front and then a smaller chunk each day that you log in.

Yeah, i crunched the numbers the monthly pack is what seems most generous... Like, the "most generous" pack ends up giving you a 10x pull for $23.07 and monthly pack (including the daily 50 beads per day) ends up giving you a 10x pull for $8.24

i think that's what i'll get IF I get anything.

EDIT: Honestly, i think it's probably not worth it to put any dollaridoos into this game.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I play a lot of gachas, I would like to stress this as much as possible: Do not put money into gachas.

The rate of return are, across the board, AWFUL. These are not games that try to position themselves where they encourage you to just give 'em a tenner as thanks and get some cool toys. They are built upon the fact that there are whales who will put in $300+ to pull a single character. The rates are dogshit, do not talk yourself into a "well I wanna thank 'em for making something fun." That is not the relationship between business and consumer here.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I play a lot of gachas, I would like to stress this as much as possible: Do not put money into gachas.

The rate of return are, across the board, AWFUL. These are not games that try to position themselves where they encourage you to just give 'em a tenner as thanks and get some cool toys. They are built upon the fact that there are whales who will put in $300+ to pull a single character. The rates are dogshit, do not talk yourself into a "well I wanna thank 'em for making something fun." That is not the relationship between business and consumer here.

yeah, good thing i cruncha the numbers.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yay, I got enough Regitare coins to get the limited-time copy of him.

Which really just amounts to an extra level cap break on him, but it’s something.

• Options
    Oh hey, something that isn’t obvious at first, but may be important to some.

Each unit that’s an actual character (so, not the lightning slime) can unlock Chapters on their Mana Board (the leveling system that unlocks new abilities and buffs). These are short stories regarding how the character met Alk and some stuff about their personality and backstory.

Also, viewing them earns 15 beads, like with any other cutscene.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I have discovered the light, and it is Pierce + Levitate. Just non-stop dashing through an enemy dealing very consistent high damage.

• Options
    Who do you have that does that combo?

• Options
    SO... I'm one of those people who loves to crunch numbers.

I set up a sheet for my bead amounts, to see how steadily that goes up or down.
    I set up a sheet for my pulls, to see how many 4 and 5*s i get as well as dupes.
    I set up a sheet for daily missions, to see how many days of those i need to get a 10x pull (about 38 apparently)
    I set up a sheet for microtransactions, to see if it's worth putting money in this (it is not. it is very not worth it.)

IDK what data point to really crunch next though.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited September 2021

Phiria + Vyron. Phiria also heals when the skill goes up.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Cruor wrote: »

Phiria + Vyron. Phiria also heals when the skill goes up.

Nice. I don’t have those, sadly. But I did find out that I have Alice and a Golem, and they do that combo together.

Main problem is that Golem’s attack also shoots the party directly up, and I don’t always want that. I should check to see if anyone else has Pierce.

Edit: oh, and I picked up a strange unit yesterday. Andy is a Dark-type zombie, whose abilities revolve around coffins. His special deals more damage if there are coffined allies, and one of his abilities increases coffin count. It’s a very unusual skill set.

Edit: ah, good. I have Conner; a Wind unit with a higher star rank and better special than Golem, who also grants Pierce. I also have Aurore; an alternate option to using Alice for Levitate.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Oh yes. I did another roll today (important info: the EX story battles have 25 beads as your rewards, instead of 15), and one of the units I got was Hanabi.

Hana I’d a Fire element ninja. Her Skill creates bombs as a multiball effect. But the best thing is her leader ability. When she’s the party leader, all Fire units start with the Skill gauge 80% full. That’s awesome! I really need to pay attention to leader abilities when building teams.

Edit:

Pfft. One of her main menu quotes as her refusing to say “believe it”. Except that her VA is clearly talking about being asked to say “nin nin”. The latter is something of a stereotypical “kids playing ninjas” noise.

Enlong on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    All the character profiles seem to have the character’s Race written in what I assume to be Korean letters. Did the team forget to translate that?

All of the Google achievements are still in Korean too, which made me laugh

Then again, most of what's in English feels like it was run through a bootleg Google translate and not really double checked

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I dunno. The dialogue isn’t exactly stunning, but it’s way more coherent than I’d expect from machine translation. Includes some in-jokes and such too.

Edit:

Oh you mean stuff like profile info and skill descriptions. Yeah, a bunch of that really needed another pass in editingA lot of sentences don’t even have spaces between them.

Enlong on
  • Options
    I have discovered the light, and it is Pierce + Levitate. Just non-stop dashing through an enemy dealing very consistent high damage.

Just found out that if your party lead is Support type, your Power Flips will give you Pierce and Levitate briefly. That’s a nice option.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    So I'm clearly earning trophies as I play, which are different from missions. Do they not give rewards? I haven't actually found where you can view them.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Just found out that if your party lead is Support type, your Power Flips will give you Pierce and Levitate briefly. That’s a nice option.

Huh. That explains the weapons I've seen in the shop that give bonuses while levitating.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    So I'm clearly earning trophies as I play, which are different from missions. Do they not give rewards? I haven't actually found where you can view them.

They appear to basically just be achievements. They also can be used as your title, which will be viewable when you join a multiplayer battle.

To see your trophies, and any ones you haven't earned yet, you can go to Menu (the rightmost option on the bar at the bottom) --> Profile, and then click on the little banner on the same row as your name. If you haven't set a trophy as your name, it'll just be "World Voyager"

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I didn't bother rerolling and got a Nephatim who I guess isn't awesome but seems to be pretty rad so far, but I'm still in World 2. It's fun but I dunno how long I'll stick with it.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    This is fun! But it is also cygames so that is no surprise. Did a fair amount of rerolling to just keep the first top end I got. Ended up with Vyron and Sha Suzu so that was an easy keep. Also got Razelt in one of the later pulls after playing for a bit and all the free beads they give you. Its fun so far but Vyron feels like cheating with the pierce heh. Have him wiith Liesel as my healer Using Marianne right now with Sha Suzu for the beam. And Keira with Razelt for the charge. When they all proc together its pretty rediculous dmg heh. Up to world 6 and they have cut through 99% of everything at S+.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Ohohoho. So, I've just learned that I will want to be keeping Rams as the leader of my Lightning-based teams for a while, or until I find someone with a stronger leader skill. Rams's boosts the Skill damage of Lightning units by a whopping 75%. And there's a lot of high-power, aggressive Lightning skills in the game already, so nearly doubling the power is amazing. Plus, her Power Flip is nice. I'm farming the hermit crab for denarii, and a Rams-led team knocked out the boss in about half the time as a team led by someone else.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Damn, you people with your galaxy brain strategies. I'm over here 5* goes brrrrrrr.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I've been grinding the boss fights for characters, so I've been looking into what my leaders and combos actually do, to get an edge. The story mode thus far is an easy steamroll with high-level units.

• Options
    Rams is legit my fave character.

• Options
    Rams is one of the best 4* units in the game for a LONG time, and a Rams team should be pretty capable of getting through almost all content

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Rams+Lunalu+Sha Suzu can melt crab in literally seconds

You can even tune it so that it'll do it on auto

https://youtu.be/UqFWZ668PUQ

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I can't quite do that, but my lightning team can shred the crab as soon as they get their Skills active.

My leader is Rams, with Claw (black panther-man) as her second. Then I have Mino (the berserker lady) and Bonnie (the bee lady). Mino's special is absurdly strong, but is very limited in range; only hits directly above her.

So, I position the party vaguely below the enemy and use the Rams team's skill. Rams's thing just auto-hits the target, but Claw has the party rush the nearest enemy and do an attack. That puts Mino in perfect position to get max power out of her special. And like I said, Mino's special is absurdly strong. If I can actually hit the crab with all three swings, that's it for the fight. Bonni's attack is basically an afterthought at that point, but it synergizes well with being at point-blank range with the target. If anything survives, she inflicts reduced thunder resistance, poison, and paralyze.

And, even better, one of Rams's Mana Board abilities (which I don't have just yet) boosts the skill damage of all allies when she uses a skill. So eventually, that combo will be even better, as Rams will boost Minos's power just by using her skill first.

I can only hope I find party members half as good for the other elements, lol.

The light element is getting there, tyough. I have a 4-star unit, Ellya. Like Rams, she has a 75% Skill damage boost as her leader ability. I just need to work out a really busted combo, lol. She is a Deadeye unit, though; I don't care too much for that class's power flip, compared to Warrior, Bruiser, or Special. But I can learn to make it work.

Different topic: check out Rain, the 4-star Water unit you can get from the crab battle. His special applies Levitate and Pierce to the party for a decent amount of time. Also, check out his full portrait; his shoes are bonkers.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm about 5(?) 10-pulls in and i have a good crew, saving currency for future banners now.
    was going to reroll, but my second 10-roll gave me three !! 5* units.

my light and dark teams are stacked. Vyron, Belsidia, Lazelt, Eclair, Ellya, it's disgusting.
    lightning has Cagliostro, Renoir, basically good not-Rams units.
    fire is hanabi and the all-star 4* units, it's a decent team.
    my water is garbage, absolute garbage, and my wind is very okay (feat Celtie).

really wish i had Sha Suzu and Rams, but they'll arrive in time. everything else is okay.
    except my water team.

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i'm about 5(?) 10-pulls in and i have a good crew, saving currency for future banners now.
    was going to reroll, but my second 10-roll gave me three !! 5* units.

my light and dark teams are stacked. Vyron, Belsidia, Lazelt, Eclair, Ellya, it's disgusting.
    lightning has Cagliostro, Renoir, basically good not-Rams units.
    fire is hanabi and the all-star 4* units, it's a decent team.
    my water is garbage, absolute garbage, and my wind is very okay (feat Celtie).

really wish i had Sha Suzu and Rams, but they'll arrive in time. everything else is okay.
    except my water team.

If you want a decent water unit, you could try grinding out the boss battles against the Hermit King crab. 300 silver denarii will get you Rain, a 4-star Water unit with a decent support-style skill.

• Options
    So, I've seen some people talking up Owlbert as being meta, and I can see why. For being a 2-star unit, he's got surprisingly powerful support abilities. His Skill boosts the party's attack and skill damage, and applies Levitate. And his Mana Board, while small, gives him abilities that increase Levitate time, and apply a further Attack buff to the party when they have Levitate.

He's quite easy to get from the first boss you unlock, and is even a drop option in story mode against that boss.

• Options
    Yeah, he's extremely good sub for Wind Levitate teams, since you want to have as close to 100% levitate time as possible

• Options
    I've also seen him used (alongsied Sha Suzu) as a generic support unit for any team at all, just to get that power boost. You use him for the buff, and then set off your other two characters.

Anyway, sihnce I learned about Owlbert, I've been delving into the EXP dungeon to level him up. Putting him on whatever elemental team the dungeon favors at the time.

And I gotta say, that EXP dungeon is intoxicatingly effective. You get so many levels in just one run, and I imagine it's doing wonders for my EXP pod as well.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Damn, you people with your galaxy brain strategies. I'm over here 5* goes brrrrrrr.

I'm right there with you. Started this Sunday and rerolled a bit. Got Marina, 2x Phiria, Razelt, Inaho, and (best character design in the game) Bianca. And not much else.

I've just been 5* smash things until I cant then level everyone up until I can again.

Edit: I've heard the release banner is a waste of resources after the initial gift gems right?

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Reigner wrote: »

I'm right there with you. Started this Sunday and rerolled a bit. Got Marina, 2x Phiria, Razelt, Inaho, and (best character design in the game) Bianca. And not much else.

I've just been 5* smash things until I cant then level everyone up until I can again.

Edit: I've heard the release banner is a waste of resources after the initial gift gems right?

Nothing on it is unique; everything on it will be on every other banner forever.

ed: once you get your basic crew together, it's worth waiting, but if you do a few more 10-pulls to round out the gang it's not a waste.
    just don't keep spending on it past that.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    So I should stop pulling on armaments? Ive got some 5* so far. Meteora and the pickaxe looking one.

• Options
    DON'T PULL ARMAMENTS! (unless you have tickets for them)

the main source of armaments is grinding bosses and events, and most of the top tier armaments are free.
    save your currency for units.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular

Nothing on it is unique; everything on it will be on every other banner forever.

ed: once you get your basic crew together, it's worth waiting, but if you do a few more 10-pulls to round out the gang it's not a waste.

I have a mixed elemental crew. Ill worry about building out elemental specific teams when new banners hit

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Armament banner is whalebait

• Options
    edited September 2021

I have a mixed elemental crew. Ill worry about building out elemental specific teams when new banners hit

There are certain characters that work no matter the element, but honestly your front line should all be the same element (+Sha Suzu, optionally)

Don't fall into the trap of only using your 5*, particularly at this stage because I guarantee some of your 4* and even 3* are better

The best bang for your buck is going to be pushing one elemental team as far as possible to be able to more efficiently farm stuff

EDIT: Since you have the most important Wind character, that's probably not a bad place to start though

Soushiro, Phiria, Sha Suzu is a very good lineup (Soushiro is the 4* Wind Samurai)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    broadly speaking at this point in the game's lifecycle, your ultimate goal is making a team that can farm Orochi, who doesn't have elemental weakness

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Characters of the same element are frequently better at helping other characters of the same element, the notable exception being Sha Suzu who is the true MVP