As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Im not understanding Sha’s value?

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Sha is basically used as a force multiplier for strong skill damage-based leaders. Her skill feeds skill meter to your leader while giving them a damage buff, and her mana board just keeps making those buffs stronger. On top of that, unlike a lot of support-style characters, all of her buffs don't care about what element you are. So she becomes very versatile and able to play in any element where you've got a great nuker for a leader.

liEt3nH.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Her skill also increases the leader's skill gauge by 30%, her passives give your leader +30% Atk (with another stacking attack boost of up to +40%, 10% per skill activation), and she starts the battle with a full skill gauge

Also also, because she's Thunder, you can use Whitetail's Axe on any element to get stacking skill damage bonus every time Sha Suzu activates her skill

Maddoc on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I couldn't resist and I did a reroll. Ended up with Cagliostro, Razelt, and Inaho, among others. Any good sites to see builds or useful things to do with these characters? Mostly I see tier lists that often disagree with each other.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    me sowing pulling 20 characters: This is awesome
    me reaping levelling them all up: God, this sucks.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Razelt is fantastic, and Cagliostro and Inaho have niche uses

Most of my suggestions to people are going to rely more on 4* heroes than 5* at this stage of the game though, if we're being honest

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    There are some good 3* units, even, though the 4*s tend to be better.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Finished the story missions and all desire to grind up gacha units instantly evacuated my body, it might not have been a particularly exciting story but without it I really have trouble maintaining interest I guess. Oh well!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oooh, yay! I did another pull, and got some good units. Phiria’s a Wind character I hear good stuff about. And I got Amelia, which I like just on the grounds of her being a fun character in the story. Plus, her Fever-related skills look neat.

I finished world 4 of the story.
    The boss is so cool. King Whitetail has some of the absolute sickest move names, man.

"For My Father"
    "For My Heir"
    "For My People"

I am having such choice paralysis with who to put as the secondary characters. No idea how to choose!

Try to use someone who compliments the Skill that your main uses. For example, if you have a character with a Skill that does a lot of damage, but requires them to be right in the enemy's face to get full power, maybe pair them with a Second who has a Skill that rushes the nearest enemy.

Or, if you have a character who has a buff-style Skill, maybe pair them with a second buffer, so that the rest of the team can enjoy a big burst of extra power all at once.

Main considerations for sub are,

They contribute their first two passives
    You also gain the effects of their skill when you use it
    The skill meter is the average of your main and sub, so you can use someone with a fast skill to speed up skill use

...oh dear. I'm starting to get into team-building. Like, I went and grabbed that meta axe that makes you want to run at least one Lightning Main character in most teams, just for the power benefits it brings. And I'm like, actually looking at skill meter sizes (because it's so annoying for the buffer to be ready last).

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    what is the purpose

of Astral Gems?

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    what is the purpose

of Astral Gems?

Combine them into Astral Shards. Then you can use those to unbind 5* units without dupes.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    what is the purpose

of Astral Gems?

Combine them into Astral Shards. Then you can use those to unbind 5* units without dupes.

ah, gacha.

Shadowfire wrote: »
    what is the purpose

of Astral Gems?

ah, gacha.

Actually, no!

... sorry.

fwiw, uncapping isn't actually that valuable since all the Good Shit comes from mana board, and all of that is available by level 45

I mean don't NOT do it, but a unit isn't going to see transformative change from it

Uncapping raises base stats by a percentage as well. It’s not nothing, but it’s also not a high percentage.

…I finished the main story and all of a sudden I’m back in a cygames gacha grind. It’s alright.

yeah but also only true swaglords have a fully uncapped owlbert

liEt3nH.png
    You joke, but I’m probably gonna farm that boss fight for extra Owlberts whenever I have spare stamina, lol

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm enjoying this game!

Enlong wrote: »
    You joke, but I’m probably gonna farm that boss fight for extra Owlberts whenever I have spare stamina, lol

this, but "whenever owlbert hits his level cap."

Who is this Owlbert Worldflipper i keep hearing about?

man, i wanted to play this game for like 20 minutes after i got up....

GOT TWO RANK UPS!! I'm still trying to spend all the stamina over an hour an a half later. TT_TT

I'll be over here in no Owlbert land, continuing to not see him drop ever.

Who is this Owlbert Worldflipper i keep hearing about?

He's one of Challua's friends, and the true form of that first boss from the plant world.

The EX version of that boss fight (not the Boss Fights menu version of that fight, for some reason) has a chance of dropping Owlbert as a playable character. He's a 2-star Wind unit, who is way better than you'd expect from that star level.

See, his Skill is Owl Blast. It gives everyone Levitate, and increases the Attack power and Skill damage of all allies for a while. It's a boost that basically any party can appreciate, and he pairs well with other supportive characters, like Sha Suzu or Shroombo. He also has abilities on the Mana Board to boost Levitate time, and give the party a further Attack boost while Levitating.

So, a lot of people feature him on their teams for the generically strong boost he can provide.

liEt3nH.png
    Holy shit. I finally got my first one a couple hours ago.

Hrmm. I want a lightning unit to pair with Owlbert (because of that axe that boosts the wielder's attack when a lightning unit uses their skill). But, as I don't have Sha Suzu, I find it hard to give him a partner that doesn't result in the buffing team having to charge their skills longer than the leader they're trying to support.

Man Owlbert's drop rate must be LOW

I got him the one time I did the ex version of that stage, I thought it was guaranteed lol

BahamutZERO.gif
    I got him my third run I think?

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I've been playing for 8 days, and I think I'm close to done. The game doesn't have any particular flaws, it's just... the actual gameplay feels solid but doesn't really require any brainpower. I actually really like pretty much everything about the game!

Also, it sapped my battery like crazy. I went from easily making it through the day to having to charge every evening, even if I wasn't playing much.

If anyone else is having this issue on Android, I restricted the app from using the battery in the background and I think it fixed it?

edited September 2021
    that was my experience with the other gachas I've tried as well, Dragalia Lost and Arknights. Big battery eaters.
    I think it's more the usage pattern of keeping the screen on, computing stuff constantly that does it more than a flaw in the software, the occasional times my house power is knocked out by storms I tend to drain the phone battery surprisingly fast just browsing the web too.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    It takes awhile before you get to fights that you actually need to engage with, which is definitely a flaw with the way its laid out

being much too slow to start the real non-baby gameplay is a complaint I had about Dragalia and Arknights too

BahamutZERO.gif
    Broadly speaking I would say that almost no gacha games are engaging for quite some time. They rely on the endorphins of incremental progression - such as in this game, slowly unlocking mana board, armaments, uncap etc - in order to feel satisfying up until the point where you actually have some thought to put into the game. And of course part of that is that they want to make starting the game approachable for players who have just the worst draws, but it still means you really sleepwalk through a lot. And for a lot of people, that's not necessarily gonna do it.

liEt3nH.png
    The funny thing I find is that I’m right between fights I can clear with ease (intermediate bosses) and fights that I’ve no chance of doing solo (advanced bosses).

I know that’s just a matter of increasing mg levels, though.