As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WRECKAGE — Tactical Carnage

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Is that cover high enough to block melee access? Could the guards still be bopped on the head from somebody standing on the other side?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    You can get 1G at least.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Has the initiative order changed?
    I thought the guards were moving on 6.

Oh fart. I was just wrong. I’m posting by phone this week.

Pa’ew! Intercept them!

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Pa'ew moves to the cover next to Awoo and takes a shot at 3G

Geth roll 2d6+2 for pistol (2 damage)

pistol (2 damage):
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=1, 5]

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    edited September 2021
    I am unsure of the boardstate.
    So current quantum map because I like drawing squiggly lines, noting that 1G also appears to be/not be in range, (assuming range 5) if that matters @Tox It doesn't, range 7

Quantum resolves when the guards move at 6, or when host observes it
    o8zwjf5a0zt5.png
    Might be the difference of another two damage. 3Gs previous position being at max range, but not getting +1 to hit from flanking

discrider on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    yeah idk I'm just taking my turn I think that was all right but idk about the damage since it's already past my turn I'm just trying to get out of the way

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Yeah, no, your turn looks fine.

I just took a while to figure out that 3G was closer now, and was not sure when the "intercepting" above was happening.
    And then drew a quantum map cause that was a fun way of thinking about it.
    And may have gone overboard.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    As the guard rushes past Geon-Zo, attempting to attack Awoo, the table leg lashes out in a crushing overhand swing!

Off-turn melee attack! +1 to-hit from Battle Rhythm, 3 damage on a connection.

Geth, roll 2d6+1 for FINISH IT

FINISH IT:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=1, 5]

Pa’ew & Geon-Zo
    Pa’ew fires upon the enemy, taking its head from its shoulders at the exactly moment its Geon-Zo slams down on it, dropping what remains to its knees.

@discrider

Psst, you want one of these?

You’ve earned 1 Wrecking Die for being a cool quantum untangler.

@Darmak Awoo is up.
    Then the guards finish moving, and then Myo.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Aight, so Awoo fizzes with excitement at seeing 3G get merked, then they run up next to Xim and fire off the remaining round from their bone gun at 1G to try and help

Geth roll 2d6+1 for 3 damage

2d6+1 13 [2d6=6, 6]

JtgVX0H.png
    The closest foe is down, and the remaining two are hiding behind cover taking shots at 'Xim! This will not stand. Myo feels a growing kinship as he pilots his skinship over towards the Guards. The leaking corpse is wiggly and hard to steer, but whose fault is that?

Look out! It's very slowly coming 2G's way!
    "Drr... Drr... Drr..."

Move 2 spaces NE, and 2 spaces E.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Awoo

As the guard back-peddles towards cover you open fire, the bone shrapnel round knocking it off it’s feet. Literally. The feet stay put and the rest collapses a yard back.

It’s dead.

edited September 2021
    'Xim has lost track of how many times he's been shot (probably some number between once and twice) and is more leery about whatever is about to bring his world crashing down through the north wall.

discrider on
    So depending on whether Xim has taken 2 or 4 damage due to 1G dying, @Endless_Serpents , they are probably barfing on Geon-Zo or taking form of wall with Myo

I’m calling 4 due to parallel universe collapse.
    We are now hopefully quantum detangled.

edited September 2021
    'Xim sluices some blood off their chest with an arm.
    No-one is left inside pounding range.

.. So Myo is swiftly surprised as 'Xim rushes over to squeeze their cadaverous carapace.

'Whatever happens next Overseer, we'll face it together', 'Xim says.
    Several eyes looking at the ominously bowing north wall

'Xim moves west of Myo and takes cover.
    I assume going NW of Myo and taking cover at the wall SE there is unlikely to give me cover if the north wall blows

discrider on
    A quick twitch and a look over its shoulder and that cleaner by the escape tunnel is gone.

vgag90fwtihj.jpeg

At that moment the wall shatters! Thick, rusty legs scrap at the base of the tower—a big ass metal head is gunning for you! All the others were washed away in the rain.

“Everything you need to grow your business online”, booms Papa, their voice crackling, “Start start start…”

Far into the horizon you can see a great blaze and pockets of gunfire. Who knows what’s going on over there. Other squads, other abominations. You have more localised problems to deal with right now.

Papa is going to have crap aim shooting from all the way down there, and it’s likely exhausted it’s supply of explosives blowing the wall down. It is still formidable however, so it might be wise to flee once you’ve taken out the immediate threat of the last guard.

Or are you done running?

Hopefully you’re all in the right place!

That big ol’ bot has been inserted into the turn order directly after 'Xim.

You all have a +1 attack bonus against it from having the high ground.

Papa

The mighty metal head weapon platform fires at the first target it spies: Myo!

Geth roll 2d6-1 for Bad Aim Gatling (2 damage)

Then it switches targets to the guard. Guess it has no clue who’s siding with who!

Geth roll 2d6-1 for Bad Aim Gatling (2 damage)

Bad Aim Gatling (2 damage):
    2d6-1 6 [2d6=1, 6]
    Bad Aim Gatling (2 damage):
    2d6-1 8 [2d6=6, 3]

Papa pops a couple of holes through the guard’s left arm! The rest of its dozen of so rounds rip through the ceiling, the shaking aim evident in the trail it leaves behind.

Oh, it goes without saying, but always try to surprise me.

Dare you think it… success is in the air.

edited September 2021
    Endless_Serpents on
    So.. Can we jump on the giant robot? What does the terrain look like down there and will we be able to hold on? Does it provide effective cover from the robot's guns to do so?

1. Yes. You’ll take only 1 damage to do so.
    2. The terrain is mud. It’ll spread your impact.
    3. Not especially, but the legs and underbelly are less armoured than what you’re looking at right now.

It would be, uh, really bad for me to take a hit from the big bug bot bam-bammers right now. Jumping down on top of it would only be slightly less deadly.

I'm thinking asking 'Xim to toss me one of the extras he's carrying around.

While that's going on, do we want to just run out of the door, or do we want to try and fight the rather large, intimidating robot right now? Because, as mentioned, I'm really not in a good shape for a protracted fight.

I’m hoping one of you gets wrecked soon so your view of losing all your blood is enlightened…

(( As the Point, I am compelled to mention that escape is right over there. Is there one Cleaner left that we haven't rescued?

Last time we were on top of a giant robot it shot itself trying to reach us. These things ain't too smart. We'll be fiiiiiiine.))

GNU Terry Pratchett
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    What's the worst that could happen???

edited September 2021
    Bursar wrote: »
    (( As the Point, I am compelled to mention that escape is right over there. Is there one Cleaner left that we haven't rescued?

Last time we were on top of a giant robot it shot itself trying to reach us. These things ain't too smart. We'll be fiiiiiiine.))

There is one cleaner NW of the exit, and another directly N of 'Xim

And 'Xim will probably follow Myo if he leaves

discrider on
    The tower is shook.

Papa decrees from below, “You cannot work a second job! Give 16 months notice if you find other employment!”

It continues to slam its legs into the side of the tower, but cannot climb up it.

edited September 2021
    @Elvenshae Not sure what type of action throwing you Blood would be.
    Taking cover looks like it prevents 2 damage per shot, so you would be fine aside crits I think.
    Otherwise 'Xim could send you some HP next turn, but I wasn't sure how much of a help two characters on 4 (or whatever) would be. Compared to 'Xim charging something.

discrider on
    1 action to throw it to me; free to catch it because we aren't incompetent. :D

Taking cover gives you a better Dodge Rating, so getting tagged would still be possible and "lethal."

I thought DR was damage resistance :(

discrider wrote: »
    I thought DR was damage resistance :(

Aw man! I’m the worst! I haven’t taught much to you guys at all.

Maybe we should wrap up this encounter and end the session?

In person it plays really fast and simple, but I can see the confusion. You’re also not playing with many abilities, because again, it’s fast in real life and so you’d have a dozen levels by now.

You guys have done great with what you had. Really fun ideas and choices made by all!

Simply agree with this post if you’d rather we had a round up!

edited September 2021
    I could use 'Xim's action to give Geon-Zo 3 health of taking cover if taking cover only grants a -2 (-1) to hit.

discrider on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    ((sorry I haven't posted much, I'm on vacation! I'll be home Wednesday, but I work Thursday and Friday so I dunno when I'll really be able to post much))

JtgVX0H.png
    Okay, I think everyone's had a chance to weigh in, and I vote for rapid exit from the tower via a not-on-top-of-giant-robot method, so that's what I'm going to do.

"My squad, we are leaving!," Geon-Zo singshouts as it continues to wipe streaming blood from its eyes. "This tower will not be our grave!" With that, the purple beast dashes towards the exit tunnel, aiming a kick at the still-pulsing remains of the heart, in honor of the dead Overseer.

Move basically straight east, twice, and through the tunnel.

Geon-Zo has escaped!