As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I really hoped I wouldn't have to make another [Quarantimes] thread

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    There's a possibility we shut down the 23rd, and if that's the case I can maybe flex that Monday. But I have no way of knowing. I'll have to see if I can talk to my boss and work something out.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Don't talk to anyone, then they'll know you're faking it if you play hookie

• TefTef Registered User regular
    This guy bludges

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Well the problem is if I call out sick and then oh hahaha whoops look there's Juggernut all over social media dressed up like a dumb viking when he's supposed to be out sick hmmm

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Why don't you dress like a smart viking then

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Well the problem is if I call out sick and then oh hahaha whoops look there's Juggernut all over social media dressed up like a dumb viking when he's supposed to be out sick hmmm

Would they know that the advertisement was filmed the two days you would be out "sick"?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Those pictures could have been taken any time

Also don't ever let your work know about your social media if you can help it

edited September 2021
    And also, have you considered

“Fuck em”?

More seriously I had a young manager who was outraged that one of our welders had chucked a sickie on a Friday so he could have an extra long weekend for the Queen’s Birthday. This manager was going to drive around his house and check that he was actually sick.

I told this manager that:
    1) he would look like a supreme fuckhead doing that
    2) not only would we have lost a welder’s hours, we’d also lose the better part of half a day for a welding superintendent as well
    3) they’re his sick days and he can use them however he damn well pleases
    4) you can guarantee the rest of the team will all sick out, just to wind you up

Yeah like, it sucks to be a tradie down when we wanted to square away stuff before the long weekend but like, there’s a reason we build slack into our schedules and quotes. Just update the project plan, inform the client and get on with your day

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    I need out of the apartment this weekend but I don't have anywhere to go so I'm probably just going to sit around and mope instead.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Ordering parts to fix a vacuum cleaner that's old enough to be making poor financial decisions after college.

I need out of the apartment this weekend but I don't have anywhere to go so I'm probably just going to sit around and mope instead.

If you can't get away, maybe refocus on a home project?

Weaver wrote: »

If you can't get away, maybe refocus on a home project?

Yeah that's not a bad idea

I'm not sure what to do though

I have a bad track record of half started projects ya know

Part of it is I need motivation I can really only get from interaction with other humans but I'm a weird little guy what doesn't get along with other humans very easy.

Straightzi wrote: »

Those pictures could have been taken any time

Also don't ever let your work know about your social media if you can help it

Oh I don't but unfortunately I do have coworkers who found my shit. So I kinda can't get around that.

It's hard but do the thing.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Can you go to an early daytime movie session?
    Can you go swimming at a public outdoor pool?
    Can you volunteer somewhere or find a free outdoor class?

I 100% understand the need to get the fuck out of the house for a bit, If all else fails, grab a book, or some earphones and a podcast, walk to a park and sit under a tree while consuming that media. Get some fresh air into your lungs.

I have a free admission still from when star wars was messed up

I could see something I guess but I dunno what's out right now that's good

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I went to Shang Chi last week and enjoyed it.
    Green Knight is good if it's still playing nearby.
    Candyman is also a good time apparently if that's your bag.

For me it's not even really about the movie tbh. Going to the movies is like meditation for me.

• sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    @Tef I'm gonna add "chucked a sickie" to my vocabulary

It is delightful and will confuse my coworkers

640qocnq4ske.gif
    It is also an absolutely essential part of the Australian dialect. Not just the words, but the concept.

Is it, like, you're throwing the sick day at the boss/workplace? Like, "eat this, nerd!"?

640qocnq4ske.gif
    nah, "Chuck" is sometimes used to replace generic verbs like do, take, give, have etc, so a direct translation is just "take a sick day"

So like, if you're driving and you miss your turn, you might go another block then "Chuck a Yooie" (do a U-Turn)
    If you're spending time with a toddler and they get very frustrated because you won't let them have ice cream, they might "Chuck a Wobbly" (break down in a tantrum)

but "chucking a sickie" has an implication of faking illness to miss work. If you get food poisoning and you can't come to work because you're talking to god on the big white telephone then your coworkers will likely just say you're "off sick". But if you take the friday before a long weekend off with no notice by calling in at 9am and coughing a couple times and saying you're crook as, then you're deffo chucking a sickie.

Thank you @#pipe for the detailed explanation

And double thanks for the second new phrase I've learned today, "talking to god on the big white telephone"

640qocnq4ske.gif
    hands down my favourite euphemism for vomiting, followed way back by "Yelling at the floor"

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I think yelling at the floor probably actually is my favorite

It's to the point and visually very evocative

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I'm a huge fan of the Aussie word "chunder" for barfing. You hear that word and your brain automatically clicks what it means into its little niche.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I miss “technicolor yawn”.

• OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Painting the tiles

• Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    Driving the porcelain bus.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Ingestion (Remix)

GDdCWMm.jpg
    i was always partial to, "driving the porcelain bus"

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    *poof*

Blake T on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Good for you, well done. Bullying bosses can eat shit

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I don't really think that's chucking a sickie though, that was legitimate. Mental and emotional health are just as real as physical health. Stress isn't just something in your head, it affects your whole body.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah, but that’s what chucking a sickie is low key about (it was a a high key day that day though) it’s about your mental health and the fact that you want a day off you should take it.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2021
    The pandemic has taught me that my face recognition is very reliant on people's noses and mouths, while apparently other people are less so, because I've just had approximately my fifteenth conversation with someone I could swear I've never met but who acted as if we knew each other well and immediately called me by name.

how do they do it???

(Mind you I've been told I have "very recognizable hair."

I'm still shook about the time last month when I went into a bubble tea place in Boston that I have not been into since December 2019, fully masked, and the girl behind the counter said "oh I haven't seen you in a while, how's it going?")

tynic on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm back at the office 2 days a week. It's not too bad. They're only asking 2 days from everyone and they've spaced out the days enough to where there's never *too* many people in the office at one time.

Today's weird though. As far as staff goes, I'm pretty sure it's just me and the receptionist today. There are a couple attorneys in the office, but they're in the back so essentially the office feels mostly empty today. Which is weird, but kinda fun. I could probably play music on my speakers and not worry about bugging anyone!

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    My team is mostly WFH at the moment, but I went into work one day last week and now I'm thinking about working a couple days a week in the city for a few weeks because it's the Burger Festival and I wouldn't mind eating specialty burgers a couple days a week for the next month (which is, you kinow, what I usually do for #BurgerWelly). Plus it'll help out the hospo industry, who are hurting after the recent lockdown.

But mostly the burgers.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Went to the Museum of the American Pigeon.

gkcqgmou17mt.png

A+ pigeons, would fancy again.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Just got a Solo Stove Bonfire firepit for my birthday, now just need some rain so I can try it out!

Picture is an example of the model.

hzul4n99ssmb.png

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    this is actually the funniest thing that any member of the tampa RNC has ever done

A key member of the Hillsborough County Republican Party died of COVID on Saturday and now the party lost access to its campaign finance software.

tweeter is a dude, but the article links to the TBT, a leading national paper

PiptheFair on