As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Blades in the [chat]

kedinikkedinik Captain of IndustryRegistered User regular
hello nerds,

I'm playing Blades in the Dark with some other nerds. it's a cool TTRPG.

have a good chat :heartbeat:

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Riemann couldn't even make a theory, just a lousy hypothesis.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    The international tier of the Wyrmwood table kickstarter that ran last October is supposed to ship in January 2022...

Their update from today showed they've shipped tables for the following tiers:
    January 2021
    February 2021
    March 2021 (50/300)

Hmmm....I think they're a little behind.

Nova_C on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    hello nerds,

I'm playing Blades in the Dark with some other nerds. it's a cool TTRPG.

have a good chat :heartbeat:

I really like the levelling system, but my dude essentially had to be retired after, like, two missions, because getting hurt is super punishing.

So I invented a sibling for him that turned out to be a way more fun character.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I thought I'd watch a minute or two of this video to get the gist and I got sucked in and watched the whole thing - it's so interesting!

https://youtu.be/U54HRmglYEA
    Aaron Fletcher has grazed his sheep and lived off the land as a traveling shepherd for 12 years. He calls it guerrilla grazing (a step above guerrilla gardening, he says) and he lets his sheep graze - with permission- public parks and side lots. Homeless by choice, he offers his services to small farms in exchange for food or a place to stay (though half his calories come from his sheeps’ milk).

With a tiny metal cart home pulled by his sheep, he has a bed, a refrigerator/evaporative cooler, a shower (he uses a pesticide sprayer to pump up the water pressure), power (solar panel), sun oven, a mailbox stove for heat, bicycle tire wheels and a corrugated plastic roof.

Fletcher makes cheese and butter from his sheep milk and forages for seeds, fruits, vegetables and herbs. He’s created a map for foragers in his region. He makes some money with his scythe business - cutting noxious weeds for locals -, but he insists he’s not interested in making money and just hopes to serve as an example for other homeless interested in guerrilla grazing.

@amateurhour

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i commissioned my friend and holy shit this sketch is a really good start.

ega4zsbddwlo.png

She's giving me the inkling special. :biggrin:

I thought I'd watch a minute or two of this video to get the gist and I got sucked in and watched the whole thing - it's so interesting!

https://youtu.be/U54HRmglYEA
    Aaron Fletcher has grazed his sheep and lived off the land as a traveling shepherd for 12 years. He calls it guerrilla grazing (a step above guerrilla gardening, he says) and he lets his sheep graze - with permission- public parks and side lots. Homeless by choice, he offers his services to small farms in exchange for food or a place to stay (though half his calories come from his sheeps’ milk).

With a tiny metal cart home pulled by his sheep, he has a bed, a refrigerator/evaporative cooler, a shower (he uses a pesticide sprayer to pump up the water pressure), power (solar panel), sun oven, a mailbox stove for heat, bicycle tire wheels and a corrugated plastic roof.

Fletcher makes cheese and butter from his sheep milk and forages for seeds, fruits, vegetables and herbs. He’s created a map for foragers in his region. He makes some money with his scythe business - cutting noxious weeds for locals -, but he insists he’s not interested in making money and just hopes to serve as an example for other homeless interested in guerrilla grazing.

amateurhour

Just a man and his sheep wives livin off the land.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    New sex education season is on and it’s a delight!

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I’m playing Disgaea 4 as a palate cleanser game.

I need something utterly ridiculous, because next week is when Diablo 2 comes out again. And I will spend a great deal of time playing that.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    @Organichu have you seen that Brian Laundrie is now also missing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    Organichu have you seen that Brian Laundrie is now also missing
    Officers eventually cleared protesters and media off the lawn, but they remained huddled outside, at times chanting things like, "We want answers," and "Dirty Laundrie."

😳

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    New sex education season is on and it’s a delight!

Please make a ace education season next, i'm starving. :(

(Just kidding, i know that's never getting made)

That dude lives a sheep lifestyle that is not for me but he seams very happy. Good for him.

I uh like sleeping in a nice bed every night. I had a discussion with one of my neighbors who wants to backpack across Europe next year after high school and stay in hostels. And I was like dude, stay in hotels. I then explained the difference between hostels and hotels. And he uh decided to look into hotels.

zepherin wrote: »
    That dude lives a sheep lifestyle that is not for me but he seams very happy. Good for him.

I uh like sleeping in a nice bed every night. I had a discussion with one of my neighbors who wants to backpack across Europe next year after high school and stay in hostels. And I was like dude, stay in hotels. I then explained the difference between hostels and hotels. And he uh decided to look into hotels.

Aren't hotels about 10 times as expensive?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread

what's the diff?

like, you share rooms but is there more to it? Also aren't hostels like only for young people or something?

(i've never been in a europe)

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Where does that guy shit

Checkmate, hippies

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    JebusUD wrote: »

Aren't hotels about 10 times as expensive?

Depends on the hotel, and the hostel. But he had luck finding hotel rooms for 50-60 Euros a night. And the hostels he was looking at were 35-40 Euro a night. And it made his mom happy.

I would never stay at a hostel after watching that Eli Roth documentary

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

what's the diff?

like, you share rooms but is there more to it? Also aren't hostels like only for young people or something?

(i've never been in a europe)

According to an expert (Rick Steves) age cutoff hostels are rare:
    Don't rule out "youth" hostels just because, by every standard, you're older than young. If you're alive, you're young enough to hostel just about anywhere in Europe (hostels with age cutoffs are rare).

https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/sleeping-eating/europes-hostels

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I know people who stayed in hostels and it seemed fine. Some stories seemed great.

I won't stay in a motel and I am suspicious of anything less than $150 / night unless I feel we got a great deal.

So if I'm dropping $x grand on a trip to anywhere I'm staying somewhere nice i dont have to wait for rando eurotrash to finish fucking before i can shit.

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    The trick to cheap travel is being too much work to murder

Tumin on
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I went to soak my feet and I used wayyyyy too much lavender oil lmao

I believe these can be smelled down the street

It's delightful, but it's a lot of a good thing

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    u7n7oytdsjnu.jpeg
    :whistle:
    Harmony and Understanding
    Sympathy and trust abounding…
    :whistle:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I know people who stayed in hostels and it seemed fine. Some stories seemed great.

I won't stay in a motel and I am suspicious of anything less than $150 / night unless I feel we got a great deal.

So if I'm dropping $x grand on a trip to anywhere I'm staying somewhere nice i dont have to wait for rando eurotrash to finish fucking before i can shit.
    The hotels didn’t seem scrub tier for 60 a night, but it’s likely because of Rona they weren’t booking up. The only place he had problems finding a good price was Berlin. That hotel seamed a bit sketch.
    I’ve traveled for business a lot and generally stay in sub 100 hotels because that’s the per diem. Hilton of Marriott business hotels are fine. Hampton inn is the Hilton one I usually shoot for. Even on vacation I’m like govvy contractor rate plz.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/pq83rw/easiest_touchdown_ever/

I had to replay this about 5 times to figure out what the hell happened. Holy shit.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Hello my friends!

How it's going for you all?

Here it's going fine. We got federal elections finising up at the same time as municipal elections are starting.. so we got a LOT of signs on our roads right now!

(Note : In Québec, it's not often than you'll see a sign on a private propety. Here, the campaigns are 95% done on public land. You will often see one lamppost with 4-5 signs on it!)

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    edited September 2021
    Do you watch Letterkenny in Quebec and 1-10 how accurately do they portrait it

Edit - To be fair, quebecois aren't presented as the most trustworthy sorts.

zagdrob on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    ugh

I'm struggling to find something good but Deathloop has nearly no redeeming qualities other than the protagonist and antagonist being cool

it might be the worst game I've paid full price for since... fuck... duke nukem forever?

override367 on

W-What?

I must be missin a joke here or somethin' :biggrin:

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Dangit. Roommates went on a trip. They’re gonna be gone like 60 hours. And they left a sink full of dishes.

This isn’t ideal.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    It’s not a fun solution but chu I believe in you being able to problem solve your way out of this

Jean wrote: »

W-What?

Letterkenny is a show on Hulu around rural Canadians (Ontario). It p. Much nails small town rural life, Canadian or not.

Quebec people are one of the mirror villains and a big part of the show for a few seasons.

I can't believe I'm Americansplaining fucking Letterkenny to a Canadian.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Dishes are done, man!

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    RedTide wrote: »
    Dishes are done, man!

So glad I'm not the only one where 'dont tell mom / babysitter dead' scene is a regular in joke.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    ugh

I'm struggling to find something good but Deathloop has nearly no redeeming qualities other than the protagonist and antagonist being cool

it might be the worst game I've paid full price for since... fuck... duke nukem forever?

This is the absolute opposite of what I've heard from my most trusted game recommender, tell me more.

What is this I don't even.
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I haven't seen my mom in two years and forgot she marinades steaks in something that instantly gives me the butt pees.

It was a really good steak tho

are YOU on the beer list?
    Letterkenny Quebecois all wear blue plaid and are weirdly hostile for no reason.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    ugh

This is the absolute opposite of what I've heard from my most trusted game recommender, tell me more.

-Makes launch Cyberpunk 2077 look good by comparison, I have an overclocked ryzen 3600 with 32gb of ram and a 3070 - that wasn't cutting it so I borrowed my roommates rtx 3090/threadripper system and it still runs like dog shit (hard hiccups every 5 seconds)
    -The AI is incredibly inconsistent, on one hand, stealth isn't an option in the game because somebody's going to psychically pinpoint your location and beam the GPS coordinates to everyone else, on the other hand they will happily file one at a time through a doorway, it's okay though because ~~~
    -All the guns in the game are dogshit, don't feel good to use, and jam every 10th bullet, to prevent you from just gunning everyone down. Your guy also refuses to carry more than 2 magazines of ammunition
    -There is no reason to explore the map, the game leads to where you need to go and then you just do that, and move on. Exploring the map is pointless because *anything* you find, including super powers, goes away when you die
    -I can't see myself ever being able to beat this game - I was expecting something like Dead Rising with the loop, where I would level up during loops and I would somehow unlock things that I get to keep at the start, to make it easier each time - no such luck here. This game has an asinine system where you "send to safe house" upgrade thingies you find, that you can't use when you find them, and have to go back to home base and the use a loadout screen to equip, which advances time to go to, and you lose all this shit when the loop resets - so what's the point? Lol you really want me to explore the map to find an uncommon upgrade that reduces weapon recoil by 5% that I wont be able to use until the next 1/3rd of that day's loop and the will disappear after that, requiring me to spend 20 minutes of my life to walk back and pick it back up if I want it?
    -I was expecting metroidvaynia type deal maybe? Maybe it gets there? I'm guessing 5 hours into this game every loop will be "you must do these 47 actions IN EXACT ORDER AND WITHOUT MAKING ANY MISTAKES" before you can "start" your loop attempt, because otherwise you'll just be unupgraded asshole with no superpowers and a shitty light smg

Seriously, skip it, just play dishonored and delete your save whenever you die, it will be more satisfying, because at least the enemy AI is fun to fight and your weapons work

override367 on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I ordered this SSD for the PS5. It seems to be the cheaper one.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/crucial-p5-plus-1tb-3d-nand-internal-pcie-gen-4-x4-nvme-solid-state-drive-m-2/6468900.p?skuId=6468900
    Here is a heatsink:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CYCJ7N4?psc=1&smid=A3JISXJ5AQCA73&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

I would really like a 2TB instead of a 1TB, but the price is too high. It is like around $360 for a 2TB. Compare that to the cost of an entire PS5, that is ridiculous.

Krathoon on
    Jean wrote: »

W-What?

Letterkenny is a show on Hulu around rural Canadians (Ontario). It p. Much nails small town rural life, Canadian or not.

Quebec people are one of the mirror villains and a big part of the show for a few seasons.

I can't believe I'm Americansplaining fucking Letterkenny to a Canadian.

I'm not canadian, I'm québécois.

I've genieunly never saw the show you are talking about!

This discussion has been closed.