As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I just try to hold my team in the flippers and then ram the orb at high speed. Guarding against the sphere allows me to survive the hit.

Granted, I mess up my shot fairly often and still lose someone.

Enlong on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    it's extremely funny how farming regitare is still just like "alright guess that orb's gonna kill someone soon as we start" because everyone's still baby and squishy

You can avoid it and it will disappear in ten seconds or so.

i think i avoided it maybe once ever.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Razelt had it coming.

(he always does.)

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm caught up on the story, guess I can run through the EX stages now. Also spending all my stamina on farming up mana board mats.

Decided to switch my team around to an all out fire skill damage team, since I have Clarisse's mana board filled to the point where she gives +125% Fire Skill damage. The team is:
    Clarisse/Vyron
    Enni/Sha Suzu
    Lilial/Bianca

When I can just unload skills on things they melt super fast, and will melt even faster when I can finish out these mana boards. Also have Clarisse/Vyron equipped with a Flux Spear (and a Flux Spear Core)for the +Pierce damage.

Consider putting Sha Suzu main, and equip Clarisse with a Whitetail Axe

Oooo, great idea! I'll try that out and see how it does.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    it's extremely funny how farming regitare is still just like "alright guess that orb's gonna kill someone soon as we start" because everyone's still baby and squishy

You can avoid it and it will disappear in ten seconds or so.

315dlir0f7ec.png

liEt3nH.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Or just not launch I think?

Or actually I think it doesn't start counting down until you launch, maybe? But if it's on top of you when you launch you auto guard it.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Or just not launch I think?

Or actually I think it doesn't start counting down until you launch, maybe? But if it's on top of you when you launch you auto guard it.

In solo, you gotta launch for the boss to start doing stuff (annoying when fighting Arch Accursed, as he vanishes first thing). In multiplayer, the boss will start acting regardless, presumably to accomodate for 3 different people and latency. So in that scenario, I'll wait on the flippers, or launch low and return to the flippers, so that I can ram the orb.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ram into it and take drastically reduced damage

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i got tired of not knowing what's a good investment to get materials so i started a spreadsheet to see that info... I know the plural of Anecdote isn't Data but, uh... maybe my anecdotes will be useful.

i got tired of not knowing what's a good investment to get materials so i started a spreadsheet to see that info... I know the plural of Anecdote isn't Data but, uh... maybe my anecdotes will be useful.

ah!

https://i.redd.it/rvd7wdmjkbo71.png is a quick cheat sheet put up by someone else.
    the best place for elemental drops is always going to be kaleidoscope lv50, even for low-level mats.

also, double post, but the new banner and event drop 10pm Pacific / 1am Eastern.
    Necropolis (AKA Labyrinth) will be available, and the banner matches the JP banner so far.

Interested in seeing if we get the Christmas banner next, or if they shuffle things around to actually match the holidays...?

edited September 2021
    Aha, oops. I went and rolled again today, not knowing that a new banner was dropping tonight.

Oh well. I mean, there are still some EX chapters to run through, we're getting another 500 beads tomorrow, and I got a fun new unit out of it, so I don't regret it. Specifically, I got Regis, who makes a Thunder Fever team something I can throw together. It's a fun concept.

Enlong on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The news website for the event is hilariously unreadable.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hah, I did another pull without realizing the new banner was dropping

But also I got Phiria so I don't need the new banner!

...hmmmm, why would i try to clear anything with a team that isn't my Light Skill Damage team?

Ellya's hitting for like 250k on-element and 170k off, and the team has sustain for days.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Did 3 pulls on the new banner and got lucky on the third one. Phiria for my wind tean and Sha Suzu for everyone.

So, that new banner is around until the 29... but it's just a different rarity table, right?

Like, the only difference is that instead of all the 5* and 4* characters having the same drop rate, it's increased for a few and reduced for the rest, right?

So, that new banner is around until the 29... but it's just a different rarity table, right?

Like, the only difference is that instead of all the 5* and 4* characters having the same drop rate, it's increased for a few and reduced for the rest, right?

Yes, exactly right.

Lucedes wrote: »
    ...hmmmm, why would i try to clear anything with a team that isn't my Light Skill Damage team?

Ellya's hitting for like 250k on-element and 170k off, and the team has sustain for days.

I feel similar about my Wind team. Soushiro and Rams can just delete things when skills line up right.

...but, I still think it's a fun idea to run other teams. I really want to grind up my Fire Multiball/Power Flip team, and my Thunder Skill Damage/Fever team.

I'm having a blast with my Fire Skill Damage team. Missing a unit or two to try a full multiball variant. Ran a bunch of Orochi yesterday (trying to go for the 5* unit with coins, it's gonna take awhile) and was generally 1st or 2nd in damage. One run I hard carried two people who maybe shouldn't have been doing Orochi and did 16million damage.

edited September 2021
    Yeah the only reason to pull the new banner over the generic one is if you want the specific rate-up characters, there's no new units.

Also it's a little frustrating having pulled 8 5-stars and 4 of them have been dupes :rotate: Meanwhile my dark team is just a pile of random whatever I could scrape together more than a proper team. Gacha is cruel.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    I've seen some very effective Dark teams out there, one of which was able to consistently out-damage me and another fire multi-ball team against Orochi. I don't have the units for one, but I am a grimdark apologist and would love to build a full dark team eventually.

Maaan. I love the idea of fire multiball, but I'm missing Marina.

I wonder if I could do some sort of messed-up multi-element multiball team

I think at this early stage, it's best to focus on one team that you have all or most of the pieces for

Thunder is going to be a popular one right now I think because their skill damage team doesn't require any 5*, Light can similarly make a solid skill damage lineup with only 4* and 3*

The fire weapon from the Necropolis looks to be very good for fire multiball. Also, necropolis starts getting painful when you hit the level 70 stages. My fire team has no healing at the moment, but I did pull a Jin that I can power level and manaboard up to give me some sustain.

Yeah, Jin is the fire healer, so there's that to use.

Gotta love bosses whose response to having their attacks cancelled is "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again (like 5 times in a row before it takes)".

Maddoc wrote: »
    I think at this early stage, it's best to focus on one team that you have all or most of the pieces for

Thunder is going to be a popular one right now I think because their skill damage team doesn't require any 5*, Light can similarly make a solid skill damage lineup with only 4* and 3*

Then there's me who is missing one key piece of any elemental team and just says 5* go brrrrrrr instead.

2b3VS9Z.png

watching the healing head just *boop* all of them back to full health over and over is soul-crushing

BahamutZERO.gif
    i have every unit except sha suzu
    (also missing phiria and sonia)

gacha is suffering

why is this 3* not real
    why is rate up a lie

Lucedes wrote: »
    i have every unit except sha suzu
    (also missing phiria and sonia)

gacha is suffering

why is this 3* not real
    why is rate up a lie

I have all of the 3*s I think except her. Yeah, it's painful. But I'm figuring out a different team that I'm having a good time with so it's all good.

Who is Sha Suzu?

A 3 star Thunder unit. She’s a student at a magic school who’s way more interested in guns than magic.

Her Skill, Calibration, partially fills the team leader’s Skill gauge and boosts their Skill damage.

Her abilities buff the Leader’s attack (always), gives the Leader a stacking Attack buff when she uses a Skill, and (if she’s the Main unit in her slot) fill her Skill Gauge at the start of battle and give the party a stacking Skill Damage buff when she uses a skill.

She is built to be a powerful support character, who allows the leader to use their Skill more often, and get way more damage out of it. Her buffs also don’t care what element the characters are, making her fit into many teams. And, because she’s a Thunder unit, the leader can equip Whitetail’s Axe, and they will gain a further buff when Sha Suzu uses a skill.

Unofficial 6*

I GOT HER THO

FINALLY I CAN REST

edited September 2021
    How's everyone's team's looking? I have the pieces for what the internet tells me are top tier current meta wind and light teams, something that works but isn't especially optimized for fire, water and lightning, and just utter garbage for dark.

Wind is samurai high skill damage guy leader with a pierce skill fire dragoon guy sub, the 5 star wind healer+levitater with utility buff remover/paralyzer 3 star wind trap guy sub, and sha suzu+owlbert in the last slot.

Light is the light mage that shoots a shotgun of particles leader with shroomba sub to aim her skill, sha suzu/owlbert, 5 star tank and heal light knight guy and the 3 star water healer monk for buffs.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    I'm still mixing my teams some because it's what I have, and I started spreading myself too thin early on. Light team, bunches of damage feeding into the main, with pierce from the leader's sub. Some tankiness on slot 3. Yuwei, the water guy? He buffs strength for everyone regardless of element, so he's in.

x7xka7r8pj3q.png

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Finished the story mode today and started clearing ex stages. Got my copy of Owlbert on the first clear. Now to decide if I want to farm uncaps or use the items for him. Leaning toward the latter. Celtie team has all the people now, just need to farm weapons.

Artereis on
    edited September 2021
    Don't use uncap items on owlbert or any of the other farmable guys imo, unless you really have nothing better to spend them on, especially since most of their benefit comes from their abilities and thus their mana board and not their raw attack power and HP.

Conversely, I don't think you can get more copies of shroomba or Alk so they require stones to uncap.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif