As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    i spent all of the main story currency looking for sha suzu, and then some of the EX stage currency, so my teams are SWOLE.

i have every unit for top tier light, fire, dark, and thunder teams, and i’m missing Sonia / Phiria for water and wind.

so far i'm running Light Skill damage as my main team. Ellya / Keira* for a billion homing damage. leveling sha suzu / owlbert for mid, subbed in Eclaire for a long time and she worked alright. last slot is Razelt / Corinne for endurance / healing / buffs to stack.

i have seen Ellya hit for one million damage on-element, and i have beaten light necropolis lv70 / all lv50 necropolis on auto with the team, it’s Good.

Lucedes on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Who is Kaina? I know Keira, but I don’t know if that’s the same person.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Maybe Kira? internet is not great with localizations for some of the character names yet
    Light 4 star sword lady with short blue-black hair?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Yeah, in the game as localized, that would be Keira. The one with a bunch of abilities focused on self-buffing Attack, with a Skill that targets the nearest enemy and slings piercing projectiles at them.

ah yes in global it's Keira I see her now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    What's the best way to farm up XP? I need a whitespire axe but haven't been able to beat that level on EX yet, which is how I assume you get it? I beat the campaign on normal, working through EX now.

Kaleidoscope EXP/Mana dungeons.

They award a bunch of EXP for the team that clears it, and it drops EXP for your level-up machine as items. It's, as far as I know, the most effective way per stamina to get EXP.

• abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    What's the best way to farm up XP? I need a whitespire axe but haven't been able to beat that level on EX yet, which is how I assume you get it? I beat the campaign on normal, working through EX now.

@SniperGuy I assume you mean Whitetail's Axe? If so, it doesn't come from farming a stage, it's purchasable in the boss shop using gold Whitetail coins, which come rarely from the intermediate boss fight, and much more commonly from the advanced boss fight. Also, make sure you do all the actual boss fighting through co-op, whether you're initiating it or joining someone else - you get more drops in co-op.

And yeah, that axe is fantastic for your main damage dealer on any team that slots in Sha Suzu as a main slot since she'll trigger the buff from the axe for you and her kit works as a pretty big boost regardless of element.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    abotkin wrote: »

@SniperGuy I assume you mean Whitetail's Axe? If so, it doesn't come from farming a stage, it's purchasable in the boss shop using gold Whitetail coins, which come rarely from the intermediate boss fight, and much more commonly from the advanced boss fight. Also, make sure you do all the actual boss fighting through co-op, whether you're initiating it or joining someone else - you get more drops in co-op.

And yeah, that axe is fantastic for your main damage dealer on any team that slots in Sha Suzu as a main slot since she'll trigger the buff from the axe for you and her kit works as a pretty big boost regardless of element.

Oh, fantastic! Thanks!

Boom, ran an advanced and got carried by two folks who did double my damage but I'LL TAKE IT. Got me a Whitetail's Axe!

I'm running Ellya/Keira, ShaSuzu/Owlbert, Razelt/Finn and it's working very well. I basically one shot everything by activating Sha's skill and then Ellya's. Gotta uncap owl though, he's maxed out!

Also how does weapon upgrading work? It looks like I can upgrade this axe if I buy like, four more axes? And I get weapon cores I can equip? I'm confused about all that.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Went through at beat the Necropolis Wind Dungeon lvl70 with my Fire team. Was tough but I got there eventually! Also went and cleared out the first stage of the rest of the elements to get the weapons.

Is the Necropolis a timed/limited event? I don't see any mention of it being limited time. I'd like to go back and get the weapon dupes once I have other elemental teams up and ready.

edited September 2021
    Aaargh, I want Marina. Seems like all the Fire teams suggest her as a major player in the team.

Which is understandable, as she is stacked with good effects for Fire teams. Attack boost, power flip boost, grants Pierce, summons and boosts Multiballs... I think the only thing she's missing is to have a power boost if the enemy has a Fire resistance debuff. All the good Fire team paths like at least 2 of those things, and often more.

Granted, there totally are units who can do some of the stuff she does, so substitutions are possible. But I'd love to have her to round out a team. Plus, she's just a fun character anyway.

Enlong on
    Yeah, I think Marina is the only unit I'm missing to make a big bad fire multiball team, especially with the new fire sword from the Necropolis.

For now, I'm gonna try doing a Pierce team lead by Hanabi and Vyron, with the dragon-hunter Azel in place of Marina, for further Pierce stuff.

Still running Marnie, though. I just can't make a Fire team without some persistent Multiball source, lol.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    This game is gonna do the same thing to me that Dragalia did. Push me away as it focuses too much on making single elemental teams and me being unable to clear content to strengthen my best team because I need my worst elemental team to clear it. Round and round the circle.

Have pretty much the exact units for the fire Multiball team. But my water team consists of the mermaid and a tigerman and thats about it. So I cant clear the Necropolis stage for my fire sword.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
    Reigner wrote: »
    This game is gonna do the same thing to me that Dragalia did. Push me away as it focuses too much on making single elemental teams and me being unable to clear content to strengthen my best team because I need my worst elemental team to clear it. Round and round the circle.

Have pretty much the exact units for the fire Multiball team. But my water team consists of the mermaid and a tigerman and thats about it. So I cant clear the Necropolis stage for my fire sword.

I cleared that stage with my Wind team.

The damage bonus you get for hitting an elemental weakness is significant (1.5x), but not enough to make a weak team useful over a strong one. The community on the game's reddit advocates focusing on one or two teams, because having a particularly strong one can clear just about anything right now, on-element or not. Apparently, elements are going to be more important later on, but still not so much that it pushes out teams that have really powerful skills and synergistic buffs.

I'd suggest trying that stage with your strongest team in whatever element, and seeing what that gets you.

I used my fire skill damage team to clear the first level of all of the Necropolis stages. Clearing the harder stages is doable off-element but difficult (tried getting a dupe for the fire sword and got my ass handed to me).

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Focus on one element to start, there is no such thing as elemental disadvantage here, only advantage

At the top end and later on, having that elemental advantage will be more significant, but at this early stage, having one team at high level with unlocked mana boards that synergize together will be more valuable than spreading your resources too thin

Oof maxing out the whitetail axe needs like 200 gold coins and I get somewhere between 3-10 a battle. That's gonna take a bit.

Oof maxing out the whitetail axe needs like 200 gold coins and I get somewhere between 3-10 a battle. That's gonna take a bit.

You can luck out and get an extra drop of 25 gold coins. It's rare, though.

I'm still trying to get Murakumo. I'm like, halfway to 500 gold coins, and I really just wish the dang character would drop from the fight instead.

edited September 2021
    you can get a LOT of free runs of the bosses by joining co-op when the bell icon shows up, when you join a random summon it doesn't cost any stamina. If you choose to run it again with that host afterwards, assuming they run it again and keep the room open, it costs you half stamina. You get more currency from your first 3 boss runs that you host yourself per day but other than that I think it's identical rewards for joining via co-op.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Good points. 500 coins is still a lot of coins, one way or another.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Game is exactly as described on the tin. Also, are there one and two star units? If not it makes the rarity seem a little dumb. I did the free 11 pulls and the game seems to be a bit less stingy than other games (GENSHIN IMPACT in particular): I got three rainbow rarity units and three four star gold units which. . .seems good? No idea.

. . .seriously though, I rolled my eyes hard at the games description and first few minutes, but then the actual gameplay depth jumped out like a snake in the grass waiting for doubters. Hopefully RELINK is just as surprising (if it ever comes out).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    there are, they are special cases that drop as mission clear rewards in the game though rather than from the gacha, the gacha does not drop lower than 3 star units.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i can pack it in.

I got a 9x chain. i've won the game.

You're Winner!

BahamutZERO.gif
    apparently there's special armaments you can get by killing the training dummies.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    apparently there's special armaments you can get by killing the training dummies.

Yeah, but they're pretty bad!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited September 2021
    oh are they? oh well.
    I killed the one what's weak to wind but not fast enough for an S+ and didn't get anything, is it a random drop chance or a first time S+ clear bonus? e: ah no they just get put directly in your inventory via an achievment

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited September 2021
    things I dislike about the UI: doesn't tell you when there's mail, so if you never randomly check you might be missing out on a ton of free pulls because the mail expires, like the 1500 they just mailed everyone a minute ago.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    I am unreasonably angry that the 16 day celebration gift is 1500 gems.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Shadowfire wrote: »

wait, 16 day celebration?

What an odd number to celebrate.

i hope we get 1348.5 beads for the 42.25 day celebration, though

21stCentury on
    Shadowfire wrote: »

wait, 16 day celebration?

What an odd number to celebrate.

i hope we get 1348.5 beads for the 42.25 day celebration, though

Sounds like a Kingdom Hearts Collab.

there's some abilities that say things like "+8% to damage - When Paralysis"
    I assume this is a poor translation of "+8% to damage when hitting a paralyzed target" because on the same ability it says "self immune to paralysis"?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1moWhlsmAFkmItRJPrhhi9qCYu8Y93sXGyS1ZBo2L38c/

This is a fan translated database used for JP World Flipper, much better than Kakao's machine translated nonsense

There's a lot of things like that, like "+% skill damage to leader when debuff"

Like, does that mean when the leader is debuffed? Or when the enemy is?

• abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Man, it's getting really frustrating having multiple days in a row of using all 3 lab boosts on the highest level stage and not getting any of the big element drops. For as many as you need, the drop rate on them is pretty garbage.

Also, the matchmaking in this has to be doing something weird. For the last few days in particular, I've had big stretches of time playing where I get almost no bell notifications, and almost all of the ones I do get end up saying room already full even with me being super on top of trying to use them. And then when I'm hosting and recruiting, I can sit there for 30 seconds or more without someone joining.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    Cruor wrote: »
    There's a lot of things like that, like "+% skill damage to leader when debuff"

Like, does that mean when the leader is debuffed? Or when the enemy is?

In that case, it means the leader of your party deals extra damage when attacking an enemy that has a debuff.

This game’s translation is garbage when it comes to stats and ability descriptions.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's a weakness of the publisher, Guardian Tales which they also put out here has a ton of wonky translations in the quest text

liEt3nH.png
    I've noticed a lot of mistypeset dialogue in character stories too where the text goes out of bounds rather than having a line break and gets all glitchy off the right side of the screen.

BahamutZERO.gif