As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

19495969798100»

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Hey I get what you are saying and I wouldnt have put in so much time in PoE if i had to use trade chat like you had to early. The system works ok. But it is objectively bad when you are not going for one offs. There is a reason communities such as poemap.live exist. And various discords for trading crafting stuff. I also updated my statement to include that AH does exist in the game just not for everyone.

That said I imagine there will be plenty of trade discords for D2R complete with reputation systems and it will be much easier than PoE in many facets to get what you want.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    In D2 the bosses are what drop the loots. So there isn't anything like a Rift you can jump into. You start a fresh game, and kill end-act bosses over and over again for the loot.

Well bosses and max ilvl zones from any mob. People also go through max ilvl zones like the pit and kill magic/elite packs which can drop all items like bosses.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    In D2 the bosses are what drop the loots. So there isn't anything like a Rift you can jump into. You start a fresh game, and kill end-act bosses over and over again for the loot.

Generally yes, but there are a couple other non-boss areas that can be lucrative in Hell difficulty. I can only think The Pit, Travincal, and whatever that certain sewer is in Act 2 off hand though.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Hey I get what you are saying and I wouldnt have put in so much time in PoE if i had to use trade chat like you had to early. The system works ok. But it is objectively bad when you are not going for one offs. There is a reason communities such as poemap.live exist. And various discords for trading crafting stuff. I also updated my statement to include that AH does exist in the game just not for everyone.

That said I imagine there will be plenty of trade discords for D2R complete with reputation systems and it will be much easier than PoE in many facets to get what you want.

Oh totally -- I'm not really trying to say PoE has a perfect trade system. But the thought of having to go to discord and more actively talk to random people, and have to build up rep and stuff.....ew yeah, very not for me at all. Maybe if I were at the maxxx top end and needed some super specific item, but I would never want to engage in that 10+ times a day like I do with PoE's. But hey it works for some people and I'm sure has its perks.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Time for another thread @Noggin :+1:

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Time for another thread Noggin :+1:

Oh wow, I lost track of the page number.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Is the Amazon a tanky class or is that primarily the Paladin?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Amazon isn't particularly tanky, no. I wouldn't say any class is inherently tanky but some have skills that increase their survivability. Paladin eventually gets Holy Shield, Barbarian has Natural Resists, warcries, I think natural armor increase, Sorceress has Energy Shield though you need high Mana for it, Amazon does have Dodge and Evade but it requires a lot of Hit Recovery so you don't get animation locked, Necro has Bone Armor and synergies, Druid has the elemental armor with synergies, Assassin has Fade.

Being tanky involves a few things, which any class can do:
    Stack Vitality
    Max out your resists
    Run a good shield with enough Dexterity to have high block chance combined with Fast Block Rate so you aren't animation locked (this isn't required, but if you're concerned about being tanky...)

Basically, no class will be tanky if you don't try to make it tanky.

This discussion has been closed.