As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I've noticed a lot of mistypeset dialogue in character stories too where the text goes out of bounds rather than having a line break and gets all glitchy off the right side of the screen.

sure but then there's the pirate lady saying "Winner Winner Seafood Dinner" so it's impossible to say whether the translation is good or bad.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I've noticed a lot of mistypeset dialogue in character stories too where the text goes out of bounds rather than having a line break and gets all glitchy off the right side of the screen.

sure but then there's the pirate lady saying "Winner Winner Seafood Dinner" so it's impossible to say whether the translation is good or bad.

Oh the translation and localization are top notch in the dialogue. We can tell they didn't skimp there. The typesetting of that dialogue is rough at times, and the translation of skill details is super rough.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Arrgh. There just simply isn't enough stamina in a day to do all the EXP and material farming I want to do, to prepare all the weird-ass team compositions I want to try. I want to do a Thunder Fever team, a messed up multi-element Multiball team (featuring Razelt from the dying horribly series), and some form of Dark-focused team. But the mana board is such a hungry thing; it's proving tough just to gear up the Wind and Fire teams I arguably should be focusing on.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Oh the translation and localization are top notch in the dialogue. We can tell they didn't skimp there. The typesetting of that dialogue is rough at times, and the translation of skill details is super rough.

My point was that the gulf between the two makes it hard to find the average.

• Options
    So, something I just learned about Multiballs.

Did you know that if a character's skill summons Multiballs that can dash (Marina's pirate's, Arum's shadow chariot, Aureo's Baloosh buddies), those multiballs will be treated like a party member, fully? They will recieve any buff effects that apply to the whole team. And this includes the Pierce/Levitate buff that is granted by a Support-type Power Flip.

This means you can make a team set up to fill the screen with extra balls that all get buffs from characters like Owlbert or Razelt. And Marnie's a Multiball-focused Support character, so you could totally set up a Pierce team with her at the head, making the balls swarm enemies through obstacles with each flip.

• Options
    World 5 was a rollercoaster for me, who pulled Rec Register early and loved him.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I have fully uncapped Owlbert

FEAR MY BIRD

• Options
    edited September 2021
    So, turns out that Vyron is fun to use (wow, what a shocker). It's particularly fun to use Sha Suzu to feed him extra meter, so you can go into "break everything forever" mode more often. And then, it's fun to put Arum on the same team, so that her super durable multiball can get the pierce buff as well.

It's a fun dark team concept. Only trouble is it takes some time to spin up.

edit:

Oh ha, Falsche sacrifices HP at the start of battle to boost own Attack, and fill some Skill gauge. That's basically just what I wanted here. That would give Vyron some time at the start to mess with the enemy, and build meter for the others.

Enlong on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Up to 440 gold orochi coins, so close to Murakumo... I have 840 silver coins I have nothing to spend on left lol. Will be able to instantly re-buy-out the orochi silver coin stuff in a week when the shop stocks refresh.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Up to 440 gold orochi coins, so close to Murakumo... I have 840 silver coins I have nothing to spend on left lol. Will be able to instantly re-buy-out the orochi silver coin stuff in a week when the shop stocks refresh.

Look forward to a Murakumo drop when you are about to hit 500

• Options
    question.

That spreadsheet with all the characters and their abilities and junk.... it shows up to 6 abilities for the characters. i only see 4 on mine, though, and that's including the weapon core... how do you get the 3 others?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    question.

That spreadsheet with all the characters and their abilities and junk.... it shows up to 6 abilities for the characters. i only see 4 on mine, though, and that's including the weapon core... how do you get the 3 others?

There will be a second mana board added to each character later on

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Not until you actually drop the coins.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    This game has taken over my life and I hate it. But man do I love to powerflip the laser beams.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

Not until you actually drop the coins.

honestly neither of these would I mind, 5 star uncaps are expensive so non-gacha dupes are still appreciated. That said I got my 500 coin one and have not yet fought Orochi again.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yay, I put together a fun Dark team. Vyron/Falsche, Arum/Sha Suzu, and Marianne/Razelt.

Vyron’s skill works perfect with Falsche’s; her damage aura is the exact same area as his, so they double up the proximity damage. Sha Suzu does her thing. Marianne and Razelt debuff the enemy while buffing and healing the party. And Arum’s multiball enjoys Pierce from Vyron, and all the buffs from Razelt. Once things line up right, Vyron can just rip big chunks of health off of bosses.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Man, it's really frustrating seeing a bonus drop from Orochi, only to have it be a big chunk of silver coins. Particularly when I'm already sitting on 500 of them after buying out the shop. They really need to add a way to convert between silver and gold coins. Or at least add more silver coin items to Orochi's shop.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    looking at the update info, it seems we’ll be having Christmas soon… but why? i know the answer, and it’s because we’re following the earlier progression, but this is the most awkward time for Christmas.

• Options
    abotkin wrote: »
    Man, it's really frustrating seeing a bonus drop from Orochi, only to have it be a big chunk of silver coins. Particularly when I'm already sitting on 500 of them after buying out the shop. They really need to add a way to convert between silver and gold coins. Or at least add more silver coin items to Orochi's shop.

Well, at least the coin shop will refresh eventually and you can get a decent chunk of resources immediately after.

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    looking at the update info, it seems we’ll be having Christmas soon… but why? i know the answer, and it’s because we’re following the earlier progression, but this is the most awkward time for Christmas.

Yeah. Well, there’s no real getting around it if we want to match the power creep progression. And the characters are explicitly Christmas-themed variants of existing characters, so they couldn’t really rewrite it to fit Halloween or something.

• Options
    I've been using this as a resource for looking at future update stuff, assuming they stick with the exact same order of events the japanese version did: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTw80hJzgAEQdGXl2DajLp9opuDxMaFcwehJm9jFij3_U45ViL8v7lgBd8B_RFG__or_bYTL5LUXpdW/pubhtml#
    also some editorializing by the document writer on what banners have important characters to try for and which are basically a waste of currency

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Maintenance is done. The launch and Necropolis banners are gone, and we've got the Christmas event and banner. It includes a couple of new characters that aren't holiday-themed (and presumably not limited like those ones).

Also, you get Christmas Challua as an event reward. She's... interesting? Her skill raises the party's ATK and fills Fever gauge, like Dia's. But her abilities are focused on boosting her slot's own ATK power, rather than extending Fever mode. She's also a Water unit.

And that's an interesting quirk; the alternate character costumes can all be entirely different elements or niches than the original character. Christmas Inaho is Light type, for instance.

• Options
    I got Clarisse fully leveled and mana boarded and got my first Amity Scroll. Felt like she'd be a good unit to max out first since she will be very good in fire comps going forward.

• Options
    Supposedly the limited characters in this banner are all pretty terrible.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    What’s a limited character?

• Options
    characters in the gacha that only show up in the current banner and then never again, to trick people into spending money trying to get them because of Fear of Missing Out

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    How long has the game been out in Japan? I would assume that holiday characters would come back around the next time we have that holiday. But I could be wrong.

• Options
    they do not come back, there's different limited christmas characters next time. It's been out since just before christmas 2019 in Japan.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Huh. Well, that's more than a little annoying.

Welp. No reason to worry too much about them if you don't get them, then. Characters who don't come back will almost certainly have their niches filled by other characters later.

Still gonna throw some (non-paid, obviously) beads at the banner later, just in the spirit of things.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    the banner after the next one should have some more worthwhile limited characters but still not amazing. This particular gacha seems to employ the limited character concept quite frequently so don't get too worked up about missing them, you WILL miss lots/most of them without spending very large amounts of money. Don't be the sucker.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Decided to throw a single 10 pull on the Holiday banner. Triple 5* pull with Clarisse (dupe), Marina (first one, now I think I have everything needed to build a meta fire multiball team) and Phiria (dupe). All in all pretty nice!

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i threw a single ten-pull and got xmas inaho, who i am never going to use in anything.

...cool souvenir, i guess.

• Options
    She seems neat for a Light-based Fever team. Heck, people swear by Nephtim, whose Main skill boosts Fever by 25 when she regains HP (meaning the Recover effect makes her gain meter at a consistent rate). Christmas Inaho gains 30 Fever gauge when she regains HP, which seems real nice for that strategy. And it's not her Main skill, so she can go in the back row with her healing spell.

Granted, Nephtim is way more of a combat character, with a Multibomb skill instead of a healing one. Still, I think Christmas Inaho seems neat.

I myself rolled, and I got Chirstmas Aureo and Fiora.

XAureo is kinda neat; he summons multibombs instead of persistent multiballs, and his abilities are based on Fever mode. 2 of them are identical Fever Mode duration boosts, and his Main skill boosts the power of Multiballs, and boosts Thunder skill damage and fills a bit of the Fever gauge every 3 Multiballs that spawn. I'm totally gonna try to make some wacky Thunder Fever team with Regis, XAureo, and Colt (since Colt is my only other Thunder Multiball guy). Or maybe I could run Sha Suzu as the third main, and pair her with Hanabi? Hanabi's got super low skill cost and summons more than 3 balls. So I could be passing meter to Regis while also filling bits of the gauge. Could be fun.

Fiora is a more generally useful unit. She's the Thunder-type healer, which I've been wanting. Healing and regen to all units, and her skills boost Thunder units' survivability. Always nice.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I got regular Inaho who seems weird and I question why her race is listed as Ghoul but here we are.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Only just noticed that the christmas event is offering the items that uncap your 5* units, rather than just the shards like the bosses

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    She seems neat for a Light-based Fever team. Heck, people swear by Nephtim, whose Main skill boosts Fever by 25 when she regains HP (meaning the Recover effect makes her gain meter at a consistent rate). Christmas Inaho gains 30 Fever gauge when she regains HP, which seems real nice for that strategy. And it's not her Main skill, so she can go in the back row with her healing spell.

Granted, Nephtim is way more of a combat character, with a Multibomb skill instead of a healing one. Still, I think Christmas Inaho seems neat.

I myself rolled, and I got Chirstmas Aureo and Fiora.

XAureo is kinda neat; he summons multibombs instead of persistent multiballs, and his abilities are based on Fever mode. 2 of them are identical Fever Mode duration boosts, and his Main skill boosts the power of Multiballs, and boosts Thunder skill damage and fills a bit of the Fever gauge every 3 Multiballs that spawn. I'm totally gonna try to make some wacky Thunder Fever team with Regis, XAureo, and Colt (since Colt is my only other Thunder Multiball guy). Or maybe I could run Sha Suzu as the third main, and pair her with Hanabi? Hanabi's got super low skill cost and summons more than 3 balls. So I could be passing meter to Regis while also filling bits of the gauge. Could be fun.

Fiora is a more generally useful unit. She's the Thunder-type healer, which I've been wanting. Healing and regen to all units, and her skills boost Thunder units' survivability. Always nice.

supposedly the reason holiday inaho is a trap is that in half a year a half-anniversary banner with a limited alternate version of nephatim will be available that blows both holiday inaho and regular nephatim away and makes the light fever team amazing somehow. I dunno what exactly it is she does but the guy writing that google doc with the JP banner history stresses trying to pull that unit when it comes around eventually.
    Only just noticed that the christmas event is offering the items that uncap your 5* units, rather than just the shards like the bosses

one or two of the higher tier bosses have complete 5 star unlock stones in their shops I think? I can't remember. Maybe was just Orochi.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

you can only get 2 total, though, I think?

• Options
    edited September 2021
    yeah they're just commenting on being surprised it's offering completed uncap rocks and not the shards you have to trade in 10 of for a complete 5* uncap item, 5* uncap items are usually pretty big grinds.

Also I looked up half anniversary nephtim and she's just, numbers VERY large

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yeah. Here's a comparison.

Original Recipe Nephtim:
    • Leader Perk: Light characters' ATK +40%. Fever Mode duration +30%
    • Skill: Summons 3 bombs that deal Light damage, and fill Fever gauge (60)
    • Ability 1: Fever Mode duration +20%
    • Ability 2: Self deals +25% damage to Downed enemies.
    • Ability 3: When in the Main slot, Light characters' ATK +60%. When self regains HP, fill fever gauge (25)

Half Anniversary Nephtim
    • Leader Perk: During Fever mode, Light Characters' ATK +120%. Fever Mode duration +30%
    • Skill: Grant Light characters regen (150 HP) for 10 seconds. If activated during Fever Mode, also give Light characters a multi-hit buff (causing them to hit twice and deal 20% more damage overall)
    • Ability 1: When in the main slot, Light characters gain 100% Skill gauge at the start of the battle
    • Ability 2: When in the main slot, when self regains HP, fill fever gauge (30) and boost Light characters' ATK by 1% (Max 25%)
    • Ability 3: When in the main slot, when in Fever mode, Light characters deal 200% more damage when directly bumping into enemies.

So, to sum it up, Halfiversery Nephtim gains more meter than Original Recipe Nephtim, under the same conditions, and can give a wild number of bonuses to Light characters specifically.

Mind you, I think she can pair with Original Recipe Nephtim just fine, and I figure Christmas Inaho will do just fine in the right team. But yeah, that's some strong stuff.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    a leader skill with conditionless whole team +120% to all damage on its own just seems bonkers good even without the fever mode duration, original launch units getting an unconditional +100% to just skill damage with no side benefits makes some units top tier build-arounds (Eliya). I guess that's gacha power inflation for you. I suppose Eliya also has a strong damage skill to pair with it though, and easy ways to synergize to boost her skill damage even more with teammates, so it's not just her leader skill.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif