As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Best Way to Sync Images, Videos, Etc Between Android Phone and Windows 10 Computer?

So my new laptop came with an app called Your Phone that pairs with an Android app called Your Phone Companion, and honestly I've found it lackluster, with one of my biggest complaints being that imported images from my phone aren't organized in folders in Your Phone like they are on my mobile device. I also don't see way to transfer videos saved on my phone to the computer with these applications.

What would be a better solution for my needs?

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    You can plug in your phone to a USB port on your computer, open the Photos app, and have it sync everything over. It will import everything new so you don't have to worry about duplicates when you do it the next time.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    So my new laptop came with an app called Your Phone that pairs with an Android app called Your Phone Companion, and honestly I've found it lackluster, with one of my biggest complaints being that imported images from my phone aren't organized in folders in Your Phone like they are on my mobile device. I also don't see way to transfer videos saved on my phone to the computer with these applications.

What would be a better solution for my needs?

Do you have Dropbox?

If you do, you can use that app to sync photos/videos. I’ve done it for years now, never had an issue.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Most of the cloud storage options (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Photos, etc.), won't replicate the folder structure you're using on your Android phone as far as I know. In other words, they're basically like Your Phone, except sending it off-storage.

You may be better off just plugging your phone in via USB (and making sure it's accessible and not just charging), and just copying the folder structure into your archive on your PC. If you merge everything it'll keep the folder structure intact.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Syncthing does everything you want and doesn't cost: https://syncthing.net/

It will provide a Dropbox like experience across both platforms, and is very flexible.