As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Pocket Monster Hunter would have you make weapons out of Zapdos parts.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

While true, that isn't so different from the number of times you need to grind pokes to fill out their 'dex entries. "C'mon, just use Quick Attack one more time!" vs "Dear RNGesus, can I have an Orb?"

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

No?
    The Pokeballs are the weapons, so you'd make quick balls or something.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The real weapons are the friends we made along the way.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Well yes, but the professors tend to frown on me sewing Zapdos wings to Pikachu

discrider on
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Ah yes the practices of the now disgraced professor Moreu.

I hear they took away his pokemon license the same week they hit professor Harkness.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Holy... they fixed the fps issue big time didnt they?

Excitement for Arceus just went up a fair margin.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    So, with the release of Pokemon Unite I've finally been bitten by the pokemon bug after not playing any of the games for more than 10 years. Dusted off a copy of Soul Silver to start with and was wondering if it is possible to trade pokemon over wifi in that game?

I don't know anyone near me with a 3ds so was hoping I might be able to connect with one of ya'll if it's possible to get a few of the evolutions.

If not, it's all good. I also picked up a few other games like alpha saphire and Pokemon Y. Figured I'd wait on Pearl until the remaster/remake is out.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    So, with the release of Pokemon Unite I've finally been bitten by the pokemon bug after not playing any of the games for more than 10 years. Dusted off a copy of Soul Silver to start with and was wondering if it is possible to trade pokemon over wifi in that game?

I don't know anyone near me with a 3ds so was hoping I might be able to connect with one of ya'll if it's possible to get a few of the evolutions.

If not, it's all good. I also picked up a few other games like alpha saphire and Pokemon Y. Figured I'd wait on Pearl until the remaster/remake is out.

You definitely *could* trade over Wifi in Gen 4, but I think they might have shut down the service a few years ago. There might be some software that lets you mimic it? I'm not sure if it's within the rules on the forum to discuss though, so you'll have to google it for yourself. You'd need to find someone else with that software as well, though.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    That only makes me love Jessie even more

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtBHGbBLJTU

Some more new pokemon showing up, looks like boss legendaries that you'll fight with your PC as well as your pokemon

also pokeball drive-bys

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Game looks rad af!

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Rami wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtBHGbBLJTU

Some more new pokemon showing up, looks like boss legendaries that you'll fight with your PC as well as your pokemon

also pokeball drive-bys

Looked like a regional Scizor evolution, so maybe Nobles aren’t Legendaries, but stronger normal Pokémon.

Edit: ok yeah on research it does appear to be a Scyther evo of some sort.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    Gah I am still so unsure on that game. I *think* I wanna get it, but I'm still slightly wary... but I might just risk and pick it up anyways.. it seems like something I am gonna like...

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Yeah, the design and name of Kleavor just screamed "Scyther regional evo" to me, and the official website confirms that.

Also, yeah, Nobles seem to be this gen's version of Totem Pokemon from SuMo.

• Options
    Huh. So, you first have to fight Kleavor yourself for a while, and then when he's stunned, that's when you can send out a pokemon for a turn-based battle?

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    That’s also how it appeared it works with rampaging Pokémon from the previous trailer.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    it doesnt look interesting to me at all. it still mostly looks like soulless areas like in S&S. im not sold on it. and the older i get im just like why do they have to fight?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So with new regional Pokemon in a region we've already been to, just in the past, implies that there was a mass Pokemon extinction event, likely caused by humans.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So with new regional Pokemon in a region we've already been to, just in the past, implies that there was a mass Pokemon extinction event, likely caused by humans.

Not extinction Pokemon just adapt faster

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Climate change made the new, heavily furred Stantler Evo unnecessary. Same for Growlithe. Kleavor just became Scizor due to the growing availability of metal. Basculegion and Braviary were hunted to extinction because they both taste amazing.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Climate change made the new, heavily furred Stantler Evo unnecessary. Same for Growlithe. Kleavor just became Scizor due to the growing availability of metal. Basculegion and Braviary were hunted to extinction because they both taste amazing.

You could argue the rivers became tamer and the two no longer needed to evolve to surive and hunt

• Options
    Wouldn't Basculegion disappearing mean that there are fewer Basculin deaths in migration? I think that would suggest an increase in population, if anything.

• Options
    Wouldn't Basculegion disappearing mean that there are fewer Basculin deaths in migration? I think that would suggest an increase in population, if anything.

They ate the ghosts too.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

All new pokemon eventually evolved into Bidoof :3

• Options

I mean if they eventually died out in the region then it wouldnt matter and I guess the BW region was less harsh to them

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Does anyone have an extra Celebi/zarude code? My wife didn’t realize you had to sign up by a certain time and I used both codes before I realized it too. :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options

the 25th anniversary set came out today. 25 cards in the set, along with a bonus 25 card set of foiled reprint iconic cards from the entire TCG.

Got some cool stuff!

• Options
    What.
    Is Rain Dance legal again?
    I guess the one trainer rule makes it less powerful

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    What.
    Is Rain Dance legal again?
    I guess the one trainer rule makes it less powerful

The bottom row of reprint cards are not tourney legal. They are just a small classic collection for fun

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    New Pokémon Legends Arceus footage just dropped- or rather they cleaned up that “found footage” and revealed new Hisui-regional variants of Zorua and Zoroark.

Going to be interesting to see what they can do- or if they’ll even see an official Pokémon battle.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    I dont see why they wouldnt.

• Options
    So GameStop is giving out code cards for Shiny Zacien and Zamazenta starting today (well 1 today, 1 in a few weeks).

Just snagged one this afternoon

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten mine yet, it says they send them out on Monday, but a UK retailer has a form online to request a code for em. They're not splitting them up so you can get both right now.

• Options
    so i guess apparently the zacian only works in Shield, and the zamazenta in sword?

so I have an extra zacian code i cant use if anyone wants it.
    U11438WQMU841LWD

• Options
    I gotta go get those tomorrow.

Do they expire? Im getting my girlfriends kids the games for Christmas and tbatbwpuld be a neat perk

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    expiration is feb. 2022

pity there doesn't seem to be a way to "smuggle" extra doggos... you can't trade them to other people after redeeming

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Huh, I just got an email that there is a new pre-order bonus for Arceus, some sort of fox mask. Are they gonna make me pre-order this for all these clothing items? :/