As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I was able to pick up Zidane's LD and he's pretty ridiculous with that alone, it's great to see him in the powercreep; so much delays and turn deletions. Here's to hoping to get his BT in a later banner, though luck has not been gracing me much lately.

I do have enough BT tokens for a few. Lucky Zidane and Y'sh would have been nice but I may have to just buy those.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Fortunately I already have Y'shtola's BT, but now I need to power through some Pandemonium to get gems and tickets so I can keep trying for ExDeath's EX for the next couple days. I swear the RNG is laughing at me.

Then I'll focus on Zidane. Maybe I'll get another Exdeath BT before his EX so I can pity Zidane's just for extra irony.

UPDATE: FINALLY. And drew Zidane's LD as well. Now I can rest.

411Randle on
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    There are so many upcoming banners that I want to pull on, it is a fucking brutal stretch.

Think I'm probably skipping Zidane entirely for that reason alone, unless I get his BT while pulling Raines, and then I might feel obligated to get his LD too.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    So between the community event tokens reward, realizing, and..some other reward, we have enough to get a full BT+ right off the bat. I pumped that into 'Shtola and took her into the new Lufenia+ with Porom and Zidane (might as well have been LD-only)

It's a pretty appreciable power boost! With an extra burst finisher you get a double dip on the aura and it hits like a truck even on this tanky punk.

As for Lufenia+, like I said there is a noticeable buff in sponginess and tankiness, and the boss's adds can pump out some pretty serious damage that you need to mitigate but I wouldn't call it a huge jump over stuff like the latest Dimension's End tier.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I am not looking forward to dealing with 90% BRV damage reduction and 90% BRV gain reduction at the same time.

• Options
    The damage reduction is definitely more potent than the gain reduction. Porom's the frickin energizer bunny.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Yeah, finally got around to trying the Luf+ and Porom was fantastic for it. Zidane and Yuna rounded out my team. Be careful not letting your CAs or friend get damaged when they are out.

Finally caught a break and got Aphmau:s LD with tickets. A bit late but I'm sure she will be useful later down the line.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Yeah, if you use a call to push past a threshhold, he'll nail the called unit for a ton of damage and you can't heal them so you basically can't perfect

Anyway I was going to brute force it with an Amidatelion call and units that buff whenever they attack like Tidus, but I ended up getting Zidane's LD so change of plans, gonna go with Y'shtola BT+, Zidane, and Porom

Just need to do my summon board farming for Zidane first

EDIT: Okay yeah, absolutely trivial fight with that lineup, Pandemonium never even came close to taking a turn, and with Porom there I couldn't even notice that there was a BRV reduction

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Got it done with Cor, Porom, Vaan, friend Zidane. Calls were Kurasame, Jack, Ami. Friend Zidane came in early for Vaan to deal with the first two no-BRV-gain auras, then Ami call handled the last one.

You might think Vaan would be bad against an enemy that absorbs Wind, but you would be incorrect! That's how ridiculously much BRV he gains in between all of his many dumps.

• Options
    I finally ended up giving Porom blue armor after the fight, just as an acknowledgement of how incredibly useful she has been

• Options
    Porom was pretty clutch in the Guy LC Luf+ as well.

Setzer Vaan Porom (Kura, Jack, Gabranth CA), Odin summon and Setzer friend (I only had a 3 turn) was relatively painless. Freeze Joker and Porom trivialized incoming damage, and boosting Vaan to rainbow is just plain disgusting damage output.

• Options
    I actually benched Porom for this one

Cordus once again handled it, 0 boss turns

2uf21vualk4o.jpg

• Options
    Setzer is too cool for artifacts, apparently

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Look, farming artifacts is mind searingly frustrating

My support Y'shtola still doesn't have artifacts either, because I've gone through well over a hundred without any good combos

EDIT: Speaking of, my ID is 668834662 if anyone wants to add me, just lemme know so I can follow back

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Events with Chaos co-op, like the one open right now, are great for getting good artifacts on any of those characters that you care about. I've already gotten perfect ish artifacts for Yshtola and Zidane, working on Beatrix now.

Incoming Cid Raines hype!

• Options
    I tend to uhh, go a little over board with trying to get good artifacts, especially when an event provides the stuff for a character.

So now I think I've got the best-in-show artifacts for the entire roster, and now all the events without new characters are gonna be a waste of materials.
    No stress about getting good artifacts though!

(Actually I'd still work on getting lower CP artifacts or secondary options, even if I don't really need it. Any CP 15 artifact, regardless of best skills, annoys me.)

• Options
    Went through another couple hundred artifacts for Y'shtola and got two good ones so far, so it's something

• Options
    Free pull had Raines EX, that was nice.

Too bad the LD took 8 more draws, but at least I didn't have to pity. Got enough of his 15 and 35 and a couple extra EXs as well.

Now to level him up and stuff

• Options
    I went to 300 coins, no EX

Thought it over for awhile

Went to 500 coins, no EX

Started spending tickets like a desperate fool, went like 50 tickets before getting his EX, and bought Zidane BT

• Options
    Ok, the Cidmau (Aphraines?) combination is ridiculously ridiculous. I did one of those 0 boss turn Luf+ runs with Raines, Aphmau, and Yuna in 11 turns. Loved it.

• Options
    Yeah if you have the right characters, this Lufenia+ is essentially a gimme

0 boss turns, finish super quick, Cidmau is busted

• Options
    I feel like I'm missing something. I have Raines completely maxed out, and I have Aphmau mostly maxed (minus blue armor), and I have all the good calls (Jack, Kurasame, Gabranth). I'm still having incredibly slow grindy fights that I eventually lose when I run out of stuff. Not sure what I'm missing. Aphmau is garbage, other than that she gets to grant Raines extra turns (which is, admittedly, Very Good). Am I not supposed to be using Cinque as my third, at least for the Raines fight where she's synergy and does stuff that's pretty relevant (delay, big DEF down, HP damage up, nontrivial damage)?

• Options
    Your third person should not be even getting turns, replace Cinque with a strong support BT aura like Yuna, Butts, Y'shtola, Garland, etc etc

• Options
    Here's a "6 turn" run using Cidmau and Yuna

https://youtu.be/LSs8B-VY3uM

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Your third person should not be even getting turns, replace Cinque with a strong support BT aura like Yuna, Butts, Y'shtola, Garland, etc etc

Yea I went with Y'shtola and almost fucked up at the end by letting the boss have a turn, but thanks to not using my summon yet I was able to piss around (just barely! had to cancel some of Raines' launches so as not to kill the boss) until she had her ex charged to revive and heal for mission requirements

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    If you're using Y'shtola specifically, I'll say that Keiss LDCA is a fucking life saver

If you don't have that, Iroha LDCA is also good

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Just got into a multi lobby with two Zidanes with BT+3 and literally none of their other weapons. What are the odds I'd find two of those at once?!

(Saddest burst phase ever. Four turns of just BRV attack and HP attack after their two skills were gone.)

• Options
    Free pull scored Ace LD, hooray! No BT but at least I can save my gems and tickets for now.

Good luck on your free pulls!

• Options
    Went all in on this extremely mediocre banner because it completes my FFXV collection

Took many tickets, but I got both Prompto and Aranea's full kits, and also got Ace BT off the free 10+1

• Options
    I used way more tickets and gems than I had wanted to and still whiffed hard on Prompto LD....but got Ace BT in the process so ok.

And then after getting some rewards from this LC, a 10-ticket finally dropped Prompto too.

Used some BT Tokens to get Y'shtola. Debating if I want to green her or Bartz, or maybe both?

• Options
    I ended up greening them both

Overkill to have two supports? Maybe, but they're also kind of the ones that benefit most from the increased uptime on their BT aura currently

• Options
    Free draw

spoilered for NSFW
    W2lkxKvl.jpg
    See you next mission!

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Prompto is actually super fun, and actually really good once he gets his c90

Currently he is merely Good

Solid off turn damage as long as he gets turns occasionally, a neat 100% evade+lock ability, Fast+ recharge on his EX+ that enables a def ignore HP+

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Man Cidmau is...it's just really damn good, huh.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Left gate of Transcendence 5 is tricky to manage without Ace LD. Trey is great (needs enchant, though) and Porom can also help.

• Options
    Leon worked pretty good for left gate as well.

• Options
    Celes it's very good for it, there's enough options where I think it's totally doable without Ace

• Options
    Yet again spent more than I would have liked, but Quistis LD get as well as an extra Ace BT in that final draw.

Quistis has good overall improvements, and manages this week's Luf+ with ease.

Despite the text description for her costume announcement, she doesn't wear glasses with the alt suit. Booo.

• Options
    Yeah I ended up dumping a lot of tickets into this one, but Quistis is just super dumb and her "Delays can't be prevented" mechanic still hasn't been power crept in JP

• Options
    So Transcendence 9 was recently released in JP version, and to beat the turn count, your average damage has to be upwards of 1.2 million per turn? Yeesh.

Quistis only being able to deal a quarter million on a good turn is sort of power crept by that, even though she has delays for days.