As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

No, It's the Artisanal Cheese Villains Who Are Wrong in the [BAD FOOD] Thread

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    o9HWxpX.jpg

Pencil crayons.

Nowhere on that box does it say pencil crayons, although it does say crayons of colour.
    Hoist by your own rainbow petard.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I always assumed the 'lead' of a coloured pencil was the same substance that crayons are made of and that's why they were called pencil crayons.

I always assumed the 'lead' of a coloured pencil was the same substance that crayons are made of and that's why they were called pencil crayons.

this is quite probably it. Just put a wooden shell around a wax crayon, bam, pencil crayon.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    o9HWxpX.jpg

Pencil crayons.

Nowhere on that box does it say pencil crayons, although it does say crayons of colour.
    Hoist by your own rainbow petard.

It says Colored Pencils Crayons de Couleur and that is my theory as to where the term pencil crayons comes from.

And I like it.

Pencil pencils.

oh yeah well I'll SEE YOU at my ordinary lead mine!

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Pencil crans

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    pencil canyons

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    As long as they are basil flavored

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm hungry as a result of a joke I made in another thread so I'm picking up some buffalo chicken fries with sweet Asian chili sauce and a dulce de leche shake, both new offerings.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hey gang you know what are super flammable? Pencil shavings! Don't ask me how I know, or why I'm scared of pencil shavings.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I don't have any food in my house and I need to eat quick so it's time for my old standby, The Juggernut Special.

It's just rice, black beans and chopped up turkey kielbasa. S'pretty good.

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I spent a good hour and a half cooking down a pot full of caramelized onions

all for the animal style...

Dnb9rArl.png

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I've always preferred Kermit style.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Great, fuckin' marathon weekend and Plaza Fest are overlapping for the next two days. So instead of just wandering to the nearest bad food I have a hankering for, I have to lay in supplies early tomorrow morning. Just to be safe, I should probably cook something really delicious and unhealthy so I'm not tempted to brave the hordes.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Frogs are animals!

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Pencil crans

Peensill craans

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    Frogs are animals!

But Kermit is a Muppet AND a frog. And while frogs are animals, and humans are animals, muppets are not human, so while we are at a minimum 50% animal, we can't just assume the rest.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    You should kermit this information to memory.

Frogs are animals!

But Kermit is a Muppet AND a frog. And while frogs are animals, and humans are animals, muppets are not human, so while we are at a minimum 50% animal, we can't just assume the rest.

What percent animal is Animal, then?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Frogs are animals!

What percent animal is Animal, then?

100% and 0% simultaneously
    schrodinger's animal
    Wait, isn't that just a cat?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    west coast US here, cray-on like ray-on

east coast US here

we agree

Late but, mid country US here

We also agree.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

odKXLKXl.jpg

It was delicious. Still have over half remaining because when I ask for extra chicken they take it as a challenge.

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    The local Krogers had, for some inexplicable reason, some rapini.

I love rapini. So I made some steamed rice, and some take-out chinese-style egg fu yung sauce, then stir-fried up some of my rapini.

Added in some garlic and oyster sauce, a few (3) beaten eggs, and had rapini-eggs over rice smothered in oyster-sauce-flavored-chicken-broth-thickened-with-cornstarch-slurry (aka egg fu yung sauce).

God, I love rapini.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I have tasted Froot Loop Poptarts

It is exactly what it says it is

...I don't want to condemn the entire human race just because of Froot Loop Poptarts, but it's definitely going on the list

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    @Karl I used this recipe
    https://www.thekiwicountrygirl.com/homemade-soft-pretzels/

And then today I made cinnamon rolls. Because

Why not.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Look at that bullshit ordinary lead, what a shameful failure of a pencil crayon.

The lead part makes the whole thing even more absurd. You know, the thing in the middle of the pencil. That's neither lead nor chalk. In this crayon pencils that are actually either crayons or pencils.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    You got your gyros plate in my breakfast burrito!
    You got your breakfast burrito in my gyros plate!

Two great taste in one goddamn heart attack:
    p5ux9sxttzkp.jpg

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    clearly not in my hearing or I would have fucking lost it probably

Me neither - coloured pencils all the way through childhood and my trip to the Derwent pencil museum, and they should know

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    MichaelLC wrote: »

Oh dang, this is basically what we had for breakfast this morning. We had gyros last night and there was leftover meat and pitas so this morning I fried up the leftover meat with some eggs and stuffed it all into pitas it was delicious.

Honestly I wish all meat was gyro meat. Grind all meat down into a paste and smush it all together and grill it. That's what I want all the time.

#pipe on
    Listen, Steak'umm has been saying this for years and all they get is insults.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »

Oh dang, this is basically what we had for breakfast this morning. We had gyros last night and there was leftover meat and pitas so this morning I fried up the leftover meat with some eggs and stuffed it all into pitas it was delicious.

Honestly I wish all meat was gyro meat. Grind all meat down into a paste and smush it all together and grill it. That's what I want all the time.

I would also accept kefta/kofta.

Felicia Day's pantry started out better than my staples cabinet, now I'm worried about me and mad at Amy Okuda, this is the worst possible outcome.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I think Felicia just learned to be careful what you wish for. Damn Amy has a tidy pantry.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I mean, Amy also has a ridiculous amount of more room and less awkward angles to deal with. If I had a pantry that big with that many right angles, i might just be able to be that organized

They have pantries. I have open shelves. Things go where they fit and don't fall off too much

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Cereal box tops left open.

I understand it, but I do not condone it.

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I've been living mostly off freeze dried powder meals these last many many months. I miss maillard. I miss it a lot. Also, dietary fiber.

Shout out to the market hunters who traded some rein deer for a powdered cake and instant coffee . That was a good day.

Fuck off and die.
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I've been living mostly off freeze dried powder meals these last many many months. I miss maillard. I miss it a lot. Also, dietary fiber.

Shout out to the market hunters who traded some rein deer for a powdered cake and instant coffee . That was a good day.

This raises some interesting questions for the bad food thread. You still in Greenland? I don't think I've ever had a whole meal of freeze dried powder meals, how's that treating you? Sounds like reindeer is pretty good by comparison?

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.