As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Thread - Cut yourself with nagarythe blades, emo warriors

1545556575860»

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Having read up on the Shadow Warrior, I'm going to have a hard time going Destruction. The faggoty High Elves have all the neatest classes, for me.

I can prance around with a great sword, or I can prance around with highly utilitarian magic, or I can prance around shooting people in the ass, or I can prance around with a lion and an axe.

HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I guess it's only wrong if you don't like prancing.
    I don't.

Hiravaxis on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Judas wrote: »
    Just watched the video, Paul even states specifically - "...If this was a RvR video you would see people slinging a lot more spells and jumping around like lunatics".

That last part is pretty important, as it implies a fast paced, free flow to combat; There's no reason to be worried about slow PvP just yet.

but I like slow pvp

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    As of this point I'm thinking DE all the way; either sorcerer or Black Guard. And if I get to meet Malus Darkblade somewhere in the game world, why then the nerd within me may just start downing cartwheels of joy.

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
  • s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    As of this point I'm thinking DE all the way; either sorcerer or Black Guard. And if I get to meet Malus Darkblade somewhere in the game world, why then the nerd within me may just start downing cartwheels of joy.
    Definitely agree about the sorcerer/sorceress. The mechanic just sounds really, really cool.
    Just watched the video, Paul even states specifically - "...If this was a RvR video you would see people slinging a lot more spells and jumping around like lunatics".

That last part is pretty important, as it implies a fast paced, free flow to combat; There's no reason to be worried about slow PvP just yet.
    Fair enough. I never intended to call the whole of PvP play into question, though. Rather, I was expressing concern that the combat looks fucking boring, even acknowledging that there would be more movement in real PvP.

So, to that end, I'm not sure what that video was supposed to be showing us. It wasn't realistic gameplay. It wasn't a cutscene. And it wasn't even some staged-cool in-game event. It was just sort of... I'm not sure. But it wasn't very inspiring.

s3rial one on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/media/newsletter/2008_01/nl_Malus.jpg

they have concept art of him so you probably will

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Have they stated what the Magus' special mechanic is going to be? Sorceresses have the whole overload/dangerous magic bit, but I haven't heard about our other magic class.

captaink on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think they're like Bright Wizards, in that their special bit isn't a mechanic, but rather more visible (discs and fire).

Oats on
  • XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/media/newsletter/2008_01/nl_Malus.jpg

they have concept art of him so you probably will

That picture made me cry tears of fanboy joy.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2008
    I'm suprised he took his helmet off.

Unknown User on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oatway wrote: »
    I think they're like Bright Wizards, in that their special bit isn't a mechanic, but rather more visible (discs and fire).

:|

That's not very exciting. Here's hoping they both have something extra.

captaink on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hiravaxis wrote: »
    I don't.

What are you, straight or something?

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Lly wrote: »
    well i got in on this new phase of the beta, i'm very excited D:

edit: also about the pvp, when i went to gamesday i got to play in a battleground, the pvp was slower then WoW but it was still fun

How much slower? I really hope they don't keep it as slow since the game is essentially selling itself quite heavily on the pvp aspect. Slow pvp = boring pvp, but I'll obviously reserve judgement till it is released. I just really don't want to be dissappointed by this game after the load of lackluster mmo's i've tried in the last couple of years. I know people hate comparisons with WoW but it really is the fluidity of the movement and combat, the feeling of it being "real time", that keeps me going back.

Well for example in WoW battlegrounds you can get destroyed in like 3 seconds, when i played(keep in mind this was a 5v5 with no one who knew what they were doing and i was a tank class) I only died like once and i was getting hit for like a minute by a couple of people

edit: it is definately not like eve pvp where you hit f1-f7 and just sit back, its still quite intense, also i got number one in that skirmish

Ah, well if you mean "slow" as in fights take longer, then that's fine by me! I thought you meant slow as in the action wasn't fast paced. If a battle is a 30 second frantic struggle then that's great. If it's a dull slow paced 30 seconds then thats not. But I am going to assume it's the former.

Happy pancake day!

Lly on
    edited February 2008
    Malus Darkblade? Is his best buddy Gwar Angryman?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wren wrote: »

I carries the sword Talon Reallysharp and is possessed by the daemon Tr'yjihakkekjr'iuhu Evildude.

Cynic Jester on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wren wrote: »

I carries the sword Talon Reallysharp and is possessed by the daemon Tr'yjihakkekjr'iuhu Evildude.

<Lore Nerd>

Darkblade is a nickname, kind of like black sheep. It seems to be somewhat ironic, used by other Druchii (or his possessing daemon) when mocking Malus and making light to his tendency to cause the deaths of his companions and family.

</Lore Nerd>

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Hiravaxis wrote: »
    I don't.

What are you, straight or something?
    yeah.. But also not very coordinated.

Hiravaxis on
    edited February 2008
    the hero of my VC army is a converted Malus Darkblade (replaced one of his arms with a strigoi arm). It's awesome.

Unknown User on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Khorne is the best Chaos God.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

When you die of some new disease that has never been seen before and can only be described as the rot. Nurgle will have a word with you.

Toothy on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Toothy wrote: »

When you die of some new disease that has never been seen before and can only be described as the rot. Nurgle will have a word with you.

Compare the bloodthirster or changer of ways to the great unclean one. It's not even a debate.

Talking of greater demons, earlier on someone linked information about killing a bloodthirster being an end game raid, has their been any indicatrion as to whether we'll get to kill the other greater demons?

Leitner on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You could see a great unclean one in one of Pauls video blogs.

Also, the bloodthirster will be the most powerful of raidbosses at launch. He'll be waiting at the top of the bastion stair instance

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited February 2008
    thirsting for blood

and you don't kill them, so much as banish them.

also there's that fallen human champion dude who worships khorne. in some arena area, taking on all challengers. I forget his name, but in homage of Malus, he shall be named Gore Bloodblade

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    There's a Lord of Change walking around in one video. I'd imagine he'd be all buddy-buddy with Destruction PCs though.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    Hey guys, I'm going to put up an epic first post. With extra discussion of giant cocks.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    ...I didn't know halflings were in this.

Toothy on
    edited February 2008
    Toothy wrote: »
    ...I didn't know halflings were in this.

They're busy polishing their provincial symbols.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    not if I beat you to it

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    I'll beat you both.

I won't.
    even try.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2008
    Hah!

This thread has a sexy date with Old Man Morr.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    the kind of date that involves date rape drugs

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    I know a guy who knows a guy who might have something you'd be interested in.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    I know a guy who knows a guy who might have something you'd be interested in.

where to get illegal drugs?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    I know nothing about that.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2008
    you don't.

but the guy you know does

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    I don't think he knows anything either, but the guy he knows may have information pertaining to someone who knows about this.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2008
    It's like I just looked at a cereal box with a guy on it. Who's holding a cereal box. With a guy on it. Holding a cereal box....

Toothy on
This discussion has been closed.