As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I just realized Regitare got censored in the global version

original art:
    3tklflsgogef.png

Global art doesn't look a thing like his sprite.

pt84pxc98o8r.png

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I like his global art, but I'm pretty sure that change was to satisfy China censors.

edited September 2021
    weird, because I thought they had lightened up about the no-showing-skeletons thing.
    also because his boss sprite is still obviously the first art.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    New month! Go get those cheap boss weapons and uncap materials.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I went and maxed out the fancy sword from Orochi since I got the unit to drop from the fight and had a bunch of coins that were gonna go towards buying him.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ok. A thought.

Support class power flip applies levitate, Pierce, and attack up to the party.

Claw gains Fever meter every time he gets an attack buff.

Fever team led by a Supoort class character?

Just finished my Light SD team, all mana boards complete, can auto lv70 necropolis on-element.

Debating what to build next.

I'm just about wrapping up my wind team for the next event, then I'm working on water for Golem Ex.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    eeeeey, a new boss event, and some thunder skill weapons! need to look up if these are strong

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    looks like they've cleaned up some of the garbled description text in abilities and such too.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    What I've heard that some places are cleaned up, but some of them have been made more confusing in what I assume was an attempt to clean them up lmao

liEt3nH.png
    edited October 2021
    looks like they've cleaned up some of the garbled description text in abilities and such too.

Some of them were cleaned up, but some others were made less accurate, lol.

For example: abilities that reduce the number of combos you need to get a level 3 Power Flip now claim to change the number of combos needed for a level 3 Power Flip to the number in question.

So like, Sharon. Her Leader ability (among other things) reduces the combo needed for a level 3 power flip by 3. Yesterday, it was translated like “combos needed for level 3 power flip -3”. A bit clunky, but readable. Now it says “Reach power flip level 3 with a combo of 3”. Which is completely wrong.

I mean, I get what probably happened. They probably went into the code they use to translate this stuff, and swapped out certain phrases. But this causes some issues to go away, and some new ones to crop up. Can’t they assign a team to translate these things themselves, or at least proofread the results of the machine translation some more?

Oh, and Race info? Still in Korean letters. I wouldn’t mind so much, but that’s actually a thing some abilities take into account.

Enlong on
    sometimes the bosses just drop the event weapons!
    i got a shadowflash sword that way, so i finished the event unexpectedly early.

if only i'd gotten that with Orochi's character drop...
    now i'm down to grinding Orochi and working on my second team.

i'm missing key characters for wind, fire, and water, so... lightning and dark it is, i guess,
    until a better banner drops and i can roll for some of the key 3* units i'm missing in wind/fire.

edited October 2021
    I'm most fucked in dark still, water's not great either but I have something assembled at least. Should be good enough for the golem EX event.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    I think I have some stuff to put together a decent Dark Team, which I may start working on. All my fire team needs is a LOT more Dreamer Crests, and those will just trickle in at the beginning of every month with the boss coin exchange/other events.

you can also get crests from clearing the deep labyrinth stages, if you have the stamina to spare

BahamutZERO.gif
    you can also get crests from clearing the deep labyrinth stages, if you have the stamina to spare

Yeah, but the drop rate is pretty abysmal in my experience. I'd rather not burn myself out grinding too hard for them.

the chance for extra copies of the labyrinth weapons is also an incentive

BahamutZERO.gif
    Oh, wait, I was thinking the wrong stage for dreamers crests. Yeah, doing the lvl70 Fire Necropolis is pretty doable for me and it drops a lot of crests. Guess I can do some light grinding.

i'm drowning in crests since i started autoing lv70 necropolis

Lucedes wrote: »
    i'm drowning in crests since i started autoing lv70 necropolis

Yeah, I've started throwing stamina at lvl70 necropolis and I've gotten a ton of crests so far. Just maxed out Sha Suzu's mana board because she seems like an eternal good choice.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I really feel like I'm holding people back by not having her. Almost every coop game I'm bottom of the board because I just can't get my skills cycling fast enough. I'm still contributing, but not we much as I probably should be.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    At this point I'm really just looking forward to a banner that's worth pulling on. I'd like to fill some holes in my roster. If we get the free new years pulls people are expecting that will help, but other than that I'm mostly waiting on Shiue's arrival.

Artereis wrote: »
    I'd like to fill some holes in my roster.

i'm not missing many units, just some of the incredibly important ones.

Oops, used up all my mana. Guess I should grind the event a bit more and grab all the mana from that.

Happy New Year 2 weeks to Halloween!

happy year of the... uh... the rat again. that's a good halloween spook, right?

Something to actually celebrate (or adjust back to normal); the app had an update that actually makes the characters' race information appear in the latin alphabet.

looks like the event / banner changeover is in ~8 hours, with a maintenance.
    the shadowflash serpent event is still up and there are missions for today.

I'm pretty happy to be doing some actual pulls. I'd love a few more fire/light/dark characters while I wait for more of the meta wind float characters to hit.

edited October 2021
    so looks like a free 10 pull every day for this event?
    well that makes it easy to not spend any currency I guess

also they have apparently renamed pull currency lol
    and if you're still playing this and not checking your mail regularly, they give out significant quantities of pull currency through there frequently so you should do that

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I have played a lot of this. I got the 500 token character from Orochi. I have a very good light team and am working on fire, lightning, and wind teams. Haven't spent a dime but am really enjoying it! Wish I could get certain characters though, need to spruce up my teams.

First free New Year's 2020 pull got me Noenne. She's a fun new healer for Fire teams, and Power Flip Fire teams especially.

I snagged Luluca from my pulls, along with one of the garbage 4* NY units. Hoping I'll get Noenne before the end of the free pulls.

nothing but the NY 4* units so far, for me.

i did get the one bad 3* character i was missing, now it's only jester and enni for missing 3* units.
    the downside of having good 3* units in the game is that now i'm praying for specific 3*s...

I got the new 5* Water unit from the free pull. I'd love to get Noenne to replace Jin on my fire skill damage team. I did a couple pulls and got a few dupes and the 5* wind dude with the green and black hair who I have seen on a few teams.

edited October 2021
    The 5-star Water version of Ellya is apparently quite nice. She gives Water teams an avenue for an actual Skill Damage team, as she's got a similar Skill Damage leader buff as her 4-star Light self, or Rams.

edit: Second free pull is up; seems the rest will happen at the usual daily reset time (4:00 PM Eastern, lol)

Free draw got me Renoir, which is exciting! I keep seeing her on suggested compositions for Thunder teams, particularly in skill damage teams with Rams.

...also, I got 2 duplicate Noennes. I'm terribly sorry for anyone still trying to get her. This is particularly strange luck.

Enlong on
    I've gotten 4 copies of Luluca so far, but no 5*'s, on banner or otherwise.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    First free New Year's 2020 pull got me Noenne. She's a fun new healer for Fire teams, and Power Flip Fire teams especially.

She also has a capybara which puts her at the top of any tier list that matters.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Cruor wrote: »
    I got the new 5* Water unit from the free pull. I'd love to get Noenne to replace Jin on my fire skill damage team. I did a couple pulls and got a few dupes and the 5* wind dude with the green and black hair who I have seen on a few teams.

Green and black hair wind dude, Leon, has a cool design but is kind of bad as far as I can tell. Maybe useful once more wind units for a power flip-focused team show up? His tanking for slot 3 ability seems bad, unless there's some specific good synergy where protecting a single unit is valuable in wind that I don't know about. Light and water seem to be the ones with "bonus damage for being at high HP/not getting hit" mechanics which is why the light 5-star knight guy who protects both the other slots and has a healing and defense buff active skill is useful.

BahamutZERO.gif