As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Endwalker! Game sales resume Jan. 25th. USE SPOILER TAGS.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Leaked skill stuff, BRD specific
    I am almost 100% sure that the leaked BRD tooltip is actually a 120s cd, and the 90s is just a typo/hasn't been updated since songs were moved to a two minute cycle.
    They did say that songs are on a 45 second rotation or something though, which is weird?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »
    Leaked skill stuff, BRD specific
    I am almost 100% sure that the leaked BRD tooltip is actually a 120s cd, and the 90s is just a typo/hasn't been updated since songs were moved to a two minute cycle.
    They did say that songs are on a 45 second rotation or something though, which is weird?
    They mentioned in the live letter than songs are 45 second duration and a 120 second CD, so, assuming the relative value of each song stays the same (aka AP still sucks), you would run a 45/45/30 song rotation instead of the current 30/30/20.

If the new buff was a two minute CD, which I suspect is the case, you would just use a weak one in the opener, then the full buff every two minutes. It would just be a tech step with downside (sucks on the first use of each fight). Hell, this is what you would do even if it was actually a 90 second CD, because gaining one extra use of a 4% buff over a 10 minute fight (cause you can't actually get the full 5% if you use it on cd) is strictly worse than having the full 5% every time, even before you consider buff/burst alignment with other jobs.

Anyways, this is why tooltip speculation at this point is stupid, because the tooltips are often straight up wrong in these media builds, it has been an issue literally every time.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    clipping broil vs weaving with ruin 2 was pretty marginal so it's not much of a buff.

it doesn't matter either way to me because trying to optimize healer dps is a truly miserable experience

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Leaked BLM tooltip:
    Paradox is the name of the Fire/Ice spell. It deals unaspected damage, and provides an additional effect if you’re in Ice or Fire mode. In Ice, it has 0 MP cost and refreshes Umbral Ice. In Fire, it refreshes Astral Fire and has a chance to trigger Firestarter.

So… it seems to be a beefy Blizzard I in ice mode, and a beefy Fire I in Fire mode.

The interesting thing to me is that it can’t be assigned to a hot bar. Meaning it transforms from another skill. My guess is that whatever skill gives you the Paradox status also transforms your Blizzard I and Fire I Buttons for the duration.

Not super interesting, but it’s a nice concept to juice up the rotation.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the real healer DPS optimization game is eliminating overhealing anyway

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    the real healer DPS optimization game is eliminating overhealing anyway

actually it's "force the other healer to do all the healing while you see how high your GPM (that's "Glares per Minute") can get"

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I thought it was "just keep pushing broil cause the WHM will push two buttons and top off the party before I can do anything anyway"

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    watch the WHM and SCH fight while you smoke a joint and set up a bomb to detonate in 20 seconds

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    gotta get quicker with those indoms

• Options
    Maybe the real healer DPS optimization is the friends we didn’t heal along the way.

• Options
    I didn't make any friends. In fact I got killed by a tank who was upset I wasn't healing them on a tower run.

in my defense they were provoking the boss with multiple vuln stacks and it was really messing with my parsing

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Maybe the real healer DPS optimization is the friends we didn’t heal along the way.

if they’re take damage they aren’t worthy of healing and if they’re don’t take damage they don’t need healing

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Guys I got 3 recs in Doma Castle and I feel like I earned them! I was playing WHM and no one died, I made good use of my tiny shield spell and I even yanked someone out of an AoE when I thought they might not have gotten out in time. It was just such a smooth run.

• Options
    it's the best month of the year, get your glams out

zIReuxx.jpg

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited October 2021
    I am doing a quest where all I have to do is pet birds

game of the decade

Knob on
  • Options
    But I play BLM. I’m a witch all the time already.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    That video seems fair.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    rathalos ex makes me not only not want to play monster hunter it makes me wish death upon the entire franchise

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I enjoyed the fight. It was something different, but I was surprised how well the Monster Hunteresque combat worked in FFXIV.

What bothered you about the fight?

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    yeah that's kind of a nuts reaction. even the ex version is a fairly relaxed fight. not something they really need to make more of but a fun gimmick I didn't mind grinding a bit for the mount

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    I enjoyed the fight. It was something different, but I was surprised how well the Monster Hunteresque combat worked in FFXIV.

What bothered you about the fight?

everything? turning off healing, the 3 'lives', the combat style, getting kicked around and stunned constantly because I don't like the combat style which makes me not want to learn a fight I don't like and only get put in it because people don't seem to understand they should be doing it unsynced in a farm party to get scales and even if I do learn it other people will die and you have to go through a too long cutscene and do the whole thing over again

I don't want to play monster hunter. and I don't appreciate having to play monster hunter in a game that is not monster hunter.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    music box arrangement of a shadowbringers tune, music spoilers? I guess?

https://youtu.be/d1yCPoTxMDM

another wow animator, captain grim, has made a ffxiv thing

https://youtu.be/8cMkQRBknto

and like carbot before him, he says he's not jumping from full time wow content to full time ffxiv content, so much as he's using his recent distaste for wow as an opportunity to make more generalized stuff, starting with an ffxiv thing because that iron is currently hot and it's what he's been playing lately

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I hit 80 and I'm assuming I'm only halfway through ShB since everything is 75-76ish. I really want to keep playing the story and not take a day or two off to grind an alt job up to 76, but damn, I feel like that would just be flushing a massive amount of xp down the crapper.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    If you have any other jobs in the high 60s or low 70s I'd personally try to catch it up for that easy exp, but grinding up an alt job fuether than that does take a bit so I'd only bother if that sounds fun on its own and I could stand putting the MSQ on hold for a few days or a week.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Also if you do decide to level up another job I would suggest doing a job that gives you access to a different role quest than the one you already have. The 4 are tank, healer, physical dps, and caster dps.

I would highly recommend getting one of each role to 80 eventually anyways since there is some pretty good, and imo important, lore behind finishing all the role quests.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    The role quest split is actually physical DPS and magical DPS, not melee and ranged. I used a caster and Bard.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Well shit you're right. Thanks for the correction.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I finished heavensward and a little bit of the post-HW stuff but then I was already at lvl 70 and it seemed like I should level up another class to do msq stuff with for a while

red mage is really fun! I had tried it before and it didn't really click for me, but once I got used to it a little more you can really sling out some damage.

My only complaint is the goddamn giant handles on all the red mage swords look awful

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    For Endwalker they're going to add an extra set of Role Quests, so it'll now be Tank, Healer, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, and Magical DPS - so if you want to beat those for the inevitable follow-up sidequests I guess I'd recommend getting one of each type of class to 80 before November.

But also, yeah, don't bother levelling alts to finish up the MSQ if they're not already close. The MSQ gives a fair amount of EXP, sure, but 71-80 is pretty fast anyhow through the methods unlocked at level 80 (mainly Bozja).

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    For Endwalker they're going to add an extra set of Role Quests, so it'll now be Tank, Healer, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, and Magical DPS - so if you want to beat those for the inevitable follow-up sidequests I guess I'd recommend getting one of each type of class to 80 before November.

But also, yeah, don't bother levelling alts to finish up the MSQ if they're not already close. The MSQ gives a fair amount of EXP, sure, but 71-80 is pretty fast anyhow through the methods unlocked at level 80 (mainly Bozja).

And will be slightly faster post expansion too.l for alt classes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    too many bards just playing the same repository stuff. gonna start playing truth hurts on loop

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    on Scholar (endgame spoilers in the footage)

https://youtu.be/Bpk3BAJnp-c

The good news is all of those problems are being addressed!

...on Sage.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    I don't really think Sage solves any of Scholar's problems other than "not having to worry about Pets", and like, if you are a scholar, part of the hook is that you are a pet class. You don't want to play the class without a pet, you want your pet to be good.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    I don't really think Sage solves any of Scholar's problems other than "not having to worry about Pets", and like, if you are a scholar, part of the hook is that you are a pet class. You don't want to play the class without a pet, you want your pet to be good.

My point is that Sage’s toolkit bypasses a lot of the issues in SCH’a toolkit that are comparable.

Spoilers for tooltip leaks.
    For example, the entire issue with Dissipation doesn’t exist, as the Sage equivalent is simply a 60s CD that grants you an Addersgall. Additionally, healing with Addersgall isn’t a DPS loss because they have no Energy Drain equivalent.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    By all means, I think Scholar has issues Sage doesn't have. But also there's already a few clunky issues that can be seen in the Sage kit that I'm going to be very frustrated with too.
    the stance swap alone is SO FIDDLY jesus

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    sage doesn't interest me at all but it seems that everyone I know plays sch right now so I'll probably end up on ast anyway even though I don't like the new seal stuff

• Options
    months late and all that
    my3tdmp.png
    then I won every item that dropped
    YhLhDr4.png

This discussion has been closed.