As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited July 2022 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

Cross-Play Comes to D2!
We finally have the ability to party up across platforms and team up for cross-play shenanigans. @Peen was kind enough to create a new Google Doc for sharing your deets and finding others with whom to party - so check it out, add your info, and find friends for Iron Banner or whatever you need. We're stronger together - and you don't have to go it alone!

szuuy5gycpri.png

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

We also have a Discord!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.
Peen's Google Doc: Find PA friends across platforms and team up for activities.

t1rxw8goxoya.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I’m pretty excited to be a space dinosaur

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Put too much time into making this
    https://youtu.be/NMXxuG6Db6E

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Oh, hey... new thread

26904.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Stupid wrote: »
    Oh, hey... new thread

Thanks for the reply about my campaign issues in the other thread. You are right that I had finished Shadowkeep. I guess it was so anti-climatic that I didn't realize =p.

And turns out I also finished Forsaken as well, it must have been back when I stopped playing a few years ago. But somehow I 100% missed the ending because I've always been wondering what happened to...that specific character. I must have skipped it by mistake or SOMETHING.

Anyhoo, I feel silly that I struggled so long to try and do something I'd already done =p.
    But I am done with both now and into Beyond Light, which I am enjoying the most of the expansions thus far.

vamen on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Can we all just agree that there’s no better feeling than a 3v1 trials clutch?

And that there’s no worse feeling than killing two leaving one weak and having your two teammates let the third recover and get the rezes?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Can we all just agree that there’s no better feeling than a 3v1 trials clutch?

And that there’s no worse feeling than killing two leaving one weak and having your two teammates let the third recover and get the rezes?

I get simultaneously anxious and excited, like it's a job interview or something

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Usually when it’s down to 3v1 I’ll just get steam rolled. But if I can get that first pick and stay alive it’s like ohhh here we go

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited October 2021

I’m going to pair the raptor feet with my Mask of Bakris so I can “clever girl” people when I teleport behind them

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Trials is absolute bullshit, man. Denied flawless 6-1 due to baboon connection nonsense.

Still, got a triple tap / vorpal Reed's Regret for the effort. Alright Saint, we're cool.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    So my clan was largely not around this week for various reasons and I ended up solo queuing trials.

After a tough first two matches that I managed to somehow win (matchmaking gave me teammates that never guarded res orbs or res’d teammates for one) smashed the third win with two competent players

We buddied up and I got them to their first flawless…wish I’d realised and wore the trials emblem to help guild my title. What a dumb requirement. I doubt I’ll ever manage that again.

On the upside, after my card got burned, we all reset and went flawless. Got an opening shot eye of sol that I’ll never use because I can’t snipe

Catalase on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

I think this will be the first event I go for all the cosmetics.

Space dinosaur !

I hope the skeleton weapons are back, too, as I really liked the look of them.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Hold up, is the Dinosaur thing real? I thought it was just something people joked about in the thread, but I'm reading that it's going to be for Halloween or something? That's fucking sick, holy shit.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Hold up, is the Dinosaur thing real? I thought it was just something people joked about in the thread, but I'm reading that it's going to be for Halloween or something? That's fucking sick, holy shit.

they had a vote a while back to let the player base pick between two cosmetic sets for this years Festival of the Lost. Dinosaurs won out over Monsters. so tomorrow we finally get to chase after our shiny new dino costumes.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »

They've been doing special halloween armor sets as part of Festival of the Lost for the last... 3? 4? years. This year's is dinosaur themed. If it goes like previous years the dino armor set will be purchasable with Silver starting tomorrow and then be available for bright dust in several weeks, probably.

There'll also be in-game papercraft-looking masks for you to wear while doing whatever this year's Festival of the Lost activities are to earn candy to buy more masks with, eventually culminating in buying a FotL gun with a bunch of candy.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Event armor typically is available from day one as an entire set for bright dust OR silver.

• Options
    Oh, okay. Yeah I've only recently jumped back into D2; I had completely forgotten about Festival of the Lost. Shit, now I'm super excited.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I finally got the GM done, twice even with two different groups.

It's not too terrible once we figured out a good composition. It's a good, satisfying challenge most of the way through. There are some dumb spots, particularly when the only entrance to the next room is a cramped doorway.

• Options
    I think I need to come to terms with the fact no matter how hard I try and how much i play I’ll never be able to match this super shifty shotgun dudes

I dunno if they just play on insane sensitivity or what but I just can’t keep up. Bakaris helps a bit but not enough

And I can’t compete with the top tier snipers either. The dudes who slide in and instant pop you any time your in the open.

Gunna switch to le monarque hand cannon and use get my swap down. Not that it’s easy or anything but I think it’s a play style that can be effective for the team even if your out classed. Unlike shotty hand cannon with is pretty much you are useless once the enemy is significantly better than you (which is often)

616610-1.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Cry enemy team! CRY! CRRRRRRRY!
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

They Will Sing of You against a 3 stack. Even if i dont get Flawless this weekend, i think i can be proud of that.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    This time tomorrow night, I'll be Reptar-stomping motherfuckers all up and down the Crucible in my dinosaur armor. What a time to be alive.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Did Bungie wait till the day of last's year's FotL start to show anything about it?

• Options
    Last year they didn't add much to it, so it was little fanfare other than the new armor set

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Stayed up way too late and tried to squeeze in some last minute LFG attempts at Flawless for this week. Got a group saying they were shooting for Flawless, but they were already at 4 wins on the card when I joined. We promptly won 2, then lost 2 - they both had never been Flawless before, and the pressure of the final match got to them, particularly with a close last match. Felt sad for them (and myself), but they were definitely a bit more on the lower tier, so I wasn't super surprised.

Found a second group. They were on a fresh card. One person who was evidently playing on their friends account, because they were pretty damn good but their Trials Report indicated they were way worse. The other someone who had never gone Flawless, but was at least trying their best and definitely pulled out some good work and clutch saves now and then.
    WWWWLWW and we get to the final match. My carry buddy and I are having a pretty good match, but the enemy team of randoms are individually better. Things start to swing away from us during heavy round (cause I rushed heavy way too hard hoping to secure Heir Apparent and win the round), putting us 1-3. Another round after goes poor, and we're 1-4. Our poor guy who had never been to the Lighthouse is buckling under the pressure, losing every duel and not sticking with the team effectively.

We put on our game faces and claw back to 3-4. Supers are popped, novas and blades are dodged, and we're in sight of things as we get to 4-4 and we have 1 remaining super. It's popped quickly securing a kill, and I trade, and it's 2v1 and we're going to win the match.
    And then our noobie fails to defend an orb or secure my res and it goes quickly to an unsustainable 1v3 and we lose, fulcrum shift in like 10 seconds of gameplay.

We fail again. I feel annoyed that our team k/d was 2.00, 3.00, and .33 and unfairly blame our weakest link, but ultimately we just didn't play it well.
    And that is the beauty and pain of Trials. It's been a bit since the going was tough. And I suppose it was good to remember that success is not a guarantee. But it remains bitter when you can feel the warmth of the Lighthouse only for it to be dragged away. And I felt bad letting down 3 different people on their potential first trip.

Trials, ya'll. Trials.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    @Zombie Gandhi Vibes. If you're on pc/dont mind pc pool, hit me up (I'm The Zombie Penguin on discord and steam) - Didntm ake it to flawless this week either, got close but oof.

• Options
  • Options
    L E T ' S
    F U C K I N G
    G O O O O O O

• Options
    KiSoPix.jpg
    OhfqZyF.jpg

New rides look nice. Also, there's a lore-book coming out for the event.
    Bungie.net wrote:
    Book Of The Forgotten - A book filled with memorable characters and heroic deeds—well, almost filled. If you can find the missing pages and avoid smudging the words with chocolate, you’ll have quite a story to tell. When you do, make sure the flashlight is directly under your chin.

It also seems like they actually added some story to the Haunted portion of the event too.
    An Exo and a Vex Mind have merged to become something... new, a Guardian on Nessus is being hunted for their Ghost, and headless creatures prowl through the dark chasms of the Moon. Grab your favorite mask, join a fireteam, and embark on three new tales of terror.

• Options
    Yo I want that Mothra ship BAD

• Options
    Getting intital transmog-bounty deja-vu from reading this.
    Bungie.net wrote:
    This year's Festival of the Lost also brings a new vendor, the Book of the Forgotten. The Book of the Forgotten contains new lore, which can be purchased with Manifested Pages. Manifested Pages are created from Spectral Pages, which are earned in Haunted Lost Sectors, and are created by defeating Headless Ones in Haunted Lost Sectors. Manifested Pages can also be obtained from chests at the end of Haunted Lost Sectors.

• Options
    It's spooooky how dumb that is

• Options
    New masks this year are:
    Ada-1, Taniks, Eramis, Pyramid (with little Pyramids), Sweeper Bot, and 'Honk Moon'.

• Options
    Made it to the lighthouse right under the mark. Holy fuck.

Highlights included denying my team any kills on one round where i got a pick with messenger, kicked Desperado live and just ripped the other two apart. And another round where my team had it bad, they got heavy... and then i shotgunned heavy guy, stole his heavy, rocketed the next guy, then side stepped and shotgunned the third guy in the back as he came for me.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Getting intital transmog-bounty deja-vu from reading this.
    Bungie.net wrote:
    This year's Festival of the Lost also brings a new vendor, the Book of the Forgotten. The Book of the Forgotten contains new lore, which can be purchased with Manifested Pages. Manifested Pages are created from Spectral Pages, which are earned in Haunted Lost Sectors, and are created by defeating Headless Ones in Haunted Lost Sectors. Manifested Pages can also be obtained from chests at the end of Haunted Lost Sectors.

"Book of the Forgotten pages drop sometimes when you play Haunted Lost Sectors."

Just do that! What is WRONG with you guys???

• Options
    Destiny 2 is now available on Game Pass for PC and it looks like all current expansion are available there and not just Beyond Light as i had initially assumed.

Coinciding with this year’s Festival of the Lost event, Destiny 2 joins @XboxGamePassPC today where members gain access to all three expansions: Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light. Details here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/12/destiny-2-xbox-game-pass-updates-and-festival-of-the-lost-2021/

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm a little late to this so you guys might already know but you can survive a Landfall as a bubble titan, you just need to slide out of the bubble when they float overhead and pop super. Apparently the bubble survives the super but the damage travels through and kills the Titan, which pops the bubble. People like @Zombie Gandhi probably want to know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FH6u3fro8M

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    The spider sparrow's legs move!! THE SPIDER SPARROW'S LEGS MOVE!!!

• Options
    Okay, so how bad is this page grind? Are we talking "do 3 lost sectors, merge pages, unlock a thing" or are we talking "run 50 lost sectors, merge pages because you hit the currency cap, repeat 5 times, unlock a thing"?

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Okay, so how bad is this page grind? Are we talking "do 3 lost sectors, merge pages, unlock a thing" or are we talking "run 50 lost sectors, merge pages because you hit the currency cap, repeat 5 times, unlock a thing"?

so after one lost sector where we got all possible page fragments(?) i was able to to unlock the first two pages at 2 fragments per. the first 3 are 2 fragments, then it goes up to 5 fragments and then the rest(most of the pages) cost 9. so yeah i expect its gonna take some time to grind it all out.

EDIT: and i still have 21 'Spectral Pages' in my inventory, so honestly i don't know what's going on. maybe just ignore me.

EDIT 2: ok i've got it figured out. you get Spectral Pages from activities. defeating the bosses in the Haunted Lost Sectors transforms them into Manifested Pages, and you can only get so many per LS. you then use the Manifested Pages to unlock Shrouded Pages in the book next to Eva. that's where the 2/5/9 cost comes in. so yeah again, this is gonna take some time to get done.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    So...how do you actually get to the new haunted lost sector thing because I could not find anything in the directory or at the tower to let me do them. I assume its something completely obvious that I walked by 5 times.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    So...how do you actually get to the new haunted lost sector thing because I could not find anything in the directory or at the tower to let me do them. I assume its something completely obvious that I walked by 5 times.

I'm stuck in a work conference all day so can't play but if it works like the old Faction Rally Lost Sectors, you just go to the normal lost sector and the new stuff shows up.