As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Tooth Serum

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Tooth Serum

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    MaryAmeliaMaryAmelia Registered User regular
    Gabe acted in self-defense, one of the dentists was trying to kill him.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    MaryAmelia wrote: »

That wasn't a dentist, that was just Robert Muldoon in the waiting room

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    When I've had teeth pulled or drilled I've never gotten violent, just let out anguished moans. The anesthesia usually kicks in by the time I'm on the bus home.

Anon von Zilch on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    It sounds like Gabe went to a sedation dentist, instead of getting local anesthesia, and some people do get weird on those.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bsctgodbsctgod Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I actually think it went down like this: "You broke my cover! They'll kill you all! My name is not Quaid!" Then erased his memory, and stuck him in a Johnny-cab.

bsctgod on
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    It sounds like Gabe went to a sedation dentist, instead of getting local anesthesia, and some people do get weird on those.

Had to go under when I got all four of my wisdom teeth out at once and woke up with a ton of bruises on my arms and all down the left side of my body. Apparently I really wasn't a fan of the part where they basically used pliers to break up two teeth (that were coming in sideways) while they were still in there.

I also have absolutely no recollection of leaving the dentist's office with my father or the ride home, which is frightening in its own right.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    Somehow they almost let me drive down the staircase in a PowerWheel at the Children's Hospital.

• Options
    blueArcanablueArcana Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    MaryAmelia wrote: »

That wasn't a dentist, that was just Robert Muldoon in the waiting room

Clever girl

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Melatonin. Does not exist. In this dojo. DOES IT?!

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

Had to go under when I got all four of my wisdom teeth out at once and woke up with a ton of bruises on my arms and all down the left side of my body. Apparently I really wasn't a fan of the part where they basically used pliers to break up two teeth (that were coming in sideways) while they were still in there.

I also have absolutely no recollection of leaving the dentist's office with my father or the ride home, which is frightening in its own right.

Had a few procedures done with full sedation. While I didn't go hog wild (that I know of), I do know that there were memory blanks. I know that because I had identical procedures done on each shoulder. For one of them, I remembered all the way to the gurney ride down the hall where I had to shift over to the operating bed. For the other, I remember nothing after the whooooosh of the drugs going into the IV.

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Melatonin. Does not exist. In this dojo. DOES IT?!

No, sensei!

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I wonder which version Gabe used: John Kreese, Johnny Lawrence, or Joe Swanson?

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    TheSchaefTheSchaef Registered User regular
    Plot twist: his dentist turned out to be Corbin Bernsen.