As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Australian & NZ Politics: Double Dipping in Luxonry

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    the notes I took down were

Healthcare workers full vaxxed by 1 Dec, First dose by 30 October
    Education workers Full vaxxed by 1 Jan, first does by 15 Nov

Anybody not fully vaxxed by 1 Jan will have to go through weekly covid swabs. I think there's a 15 Jan deadline before being fired? but my kid was tired of being quiet by that point so I missed it.

Level 3 restrictions remain in place for Auckland as is until at minimum next Monday.
    Waikato and Northland remain in place until Thursday, with a confirmation/change/update on wednesday.

The Northland positive case is still being uncooperative. Police and Public healht have ID'd the person traveling with the case, but have not at this time actually located them. Most of the Question Time after was devoted to the Press trying to get the PM to give more details on the Police investigation and her getting more irritated every time she had to remind them "i am not giving police details away"

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    oh is there a new health record app?

Yes, the one they announced a few weeks back, with the vaccination passport. You can access it at https://app-beta.covid19.health.nz

Gotta love that the URL still has beta in it.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    And you need to go through your Real Me setup.

Which I'm in between status right now so I'll just wait.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I always forget my RealMe login.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I support the first application to ever use RealMe, which is held together pretty much by tape, glue and the personal force of my own will, so I not only have my own RealMe memorised, but also about a half dozen test logons for various environments.

I use the test logons more than my own, but so far I've never accidentally logged in as a test user when I meant to be logging on as myself.

Well, not in a live Production environment, at least.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    i just need to verify my ID

but with covid and this chest infection that i've got that is not Covid but is still fucking annoying as fuck, i'm not going to be getting near a photo center any time soon. and by the time I can get there, I might as well just take the nz passport photos as well for that application and just do everything all at once

• Options
    exisexis Registered User regular

but with covid and this chest infection that i've got that is not Covid but is still fucking annoying as fuck, i'm not going to be getting near a photo center any time soon. and by the time I can get there, I might as well just take the nz passport photos as well for that application and just do everything all at once

I thought you could take your own photo? You can for passports at least.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    exis wrote: »

I thought you could take your own photo? You can for passports at least.

When I did this, I took the photo / video with my phone, and it got cleared

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    I've got an ominous blue underglow from the living room tv in mine.

• Options
    oh really? neat!

I might want to wait until I'm less of a congested hot mess mouth breather look than I am right now though. lol

but hey, covid negative and i've got some antibiotics now so hopefully i can still get my 2nd shot as scheduled in a few weeks

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Clive Palmer lost his latest High Court challenge.

Feels good.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Air New Zealand is converting a 787 into a vaccination clinic, some breweries are releasing beer advertising vaccination, and most importantly, KFC is offering free popcorn chicken as a reward for vaccination.

Seems like we're adding the right incentives, at least. ( Though, as a vegetarian, I'm hoping my local donburi place gets in on the action)

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    my local community center has got the bus coming through tomorrow for easy/free access. and somebody in the community has paid for 50 coffees for the first 50 people to go get their vaccines. We've got an amazing little coffee cart right next to the local dairy/community center and Aunty just makes amazing food.

I've still got this stupid pneumonia, so I can't get my 2nd shot right now.

I'm angry at my lungs. But Ecco's double vaxxed as of yesterday

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    my local community center has got the bus coming through tomorrow for easy/free access. and somebody in the community has paid for 50 coffees for the first 50 people to go get their vaccines. We've got an amazing little coffee cart right next to the local dairy/community center and Aunty just makes amazing food.

I've still got this stupid pneumonia, so I can't get my 2nd shot right now.

I'm angry at my lungs. But Ecco's double vaxxed as of yesterday

Awesomed for para 1 and the latter half of para 3.

Not for para 2 and the first half of para 3.

Get welll soon.

• Options
    Oh Victoria, honey, no.

2,297 cases today :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So the vaccine pop up went well it sounds like!

They had 72 folks come down for their shot. Neighborhood came together and folks organised coffee vouchers for the first 50 people, vouchers for the local dairy, which the dairy them offered to match in price, cleaning product hampers and a few other giveaways donated by individuals in the community.

I'm so proud of my little area. We've got some antivaxx nonsense, but even with that, the community numbers are so good so far.

Antibiotics are kicking in and the inhaler is helping. I should hopefully be ok enough to get my next shot as scheduled.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Oh look the new nsw premier wants to ruin everything by opening up to double vaxxed international travellers with no quarantine on nov 1.

Can I have Gladys back this one is a lot worse.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Oh look the new nsw premier wants to ruin everything by opening up to double vaxxed international travellers with no quarantine on nov 1.

Eh, at this point I doubt double-vaxxed travellers are going to be a significant source of new cases compared to local idiots.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Indeed, this is Very Bad.

He didn't even ask Morrison, who called a press conference to announce it. Victoria had no idea, despite wanting to open up to nsw on that date.

Qantas announced they'll bring forward international flights 2 weeks to the 1st.

NSW is dictating policy that effects the entire fucking country. Fuck.

And south tassie just went into lockdown because some dipshit escaped hotel quarantine.

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2021

Last i heard it was in-home 7-day quarantine for vaxxed travellers?

tynic on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    No quarantine at all.

Morrison slapped it down anyway and said only Australians. No tourists just yet Perottet sorry. Your money will have to wait.

Turns out you dont control the international border after all.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    On a lighter note.... someone was arrested today trying to deliver heroin to an Adelaide medi hotel in food delivery bags.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Eh, at this point I doubt double-vaxxed travellers are going to be a significant source of new cases compared to local idiots.

There are variants that significantly penetrate existing vaccines out there and lots of countries with not enough vaccines that are a melting pots for breeding wonderful new variants.

This is gambling that tomorrow will be the same as today.

That hasnt worked out so far. cough Delta cough

Morninglord on
  • Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    That will be pretty much true from this point forward, though, as well as being true of many other diseases/pathogens.

You're basically making an argument for sealing off the country forever.

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

There are variants that significantly penetrate existing vaccines out there and lots of countries with not enough vaccines that are a melting pots for breeding wonderful new variants.

This is gambling that tomorrow will be the same as today.

That hasnt worked out so far. cough Delta cough

Sure, but there's nothing we can do about it once our population is at sufficiently high penetration: COVID elimination doesn't work, and requiring negative tests + double vax from travellers is more then adequate.

At this point what I'm more grumpy about is the weak-sauce messaging from the government on vaccinated objectives. Get to 90%? Why not 95%? etc. I want antivaxxers stamped the fuck out.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Our office has a resident anti vaxxer.

Last week he got Covid.

• Options
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    plufim wrote: »
    And south tassie just went into lockdown because some dipshit escaped hotel quarantine.

As a Tasmanian, yup. Snap full lockdown here for three days until we know more (a good and prudent move), but I'm expecting it to go on a lot longer.

The complete dickhead travelled from NSW to Tasmania without a permit, was excorted to hotel quarantine, tested positive, then escaped the quarantine hotel. He was picked up the next day at a mate's place, and is reported to be uncooperative with police and refuses to wear a mask. He's also refusing to say where he's been, with community reports indicating he at least went to a supermarket and park. Newspapers published his face and the address he stayed at, so safe to say he's going to have a pretty bad time even if he avoids jail.

It's also been confirmed he had delta. If it was passed on (I can't see how not, really), we're fucked. We have 19 ICU beds total and our healthcare system's already collapsing under normal loads (which successive governments have failed to improve).

Not much to do now but wait. :(

• Options
    Fuck that sucks! Honestly, it only takes a few uncooperative dipshits to ruin everything

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    In some good news, Supreme Court just dismissed two cases challenging vaccine mandates for workers in NSW.

• Options
    plufim wrote: »
    Fuck that sucks! Honestly, it only takes a few uncooperative dipshits to ruin everything

Was bound to happen eventually. Least Tasmania's one of the highest-vaccinated states, and the experiences of NSW and Vic have hammered home to people by now that delta isn't something to fuck around with.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Solvent wrote: »
    That will be pretty much true from this point forward, though, as well as being true of many other diseases/pathogens.

Those variants that penetrate already exist right now. In a world of the vaccinated, this stance is akin to the ones who originally said we cant do anything about covid in the first place yet we succeeded for a very long time and have still succeeded in avoiding mass devastation from the virus.

Im just saying maybe wait until the rest of the world isnt fubared? Or maybe have I dont know a few rules where we dont just let in anyone from any country regardless of their situation? Such as, perhaps, ones with such variants? Or places where its raging out of control unchecked?

This is not an all or nothing thing. Its allowed to have a soupcon of scrutiny.

Or if you wanna repeat the last two years all over again I guess you can play the really shortsighted unable to learn from the past card.

Its very human to do that after all might as well go full hog on it.

We can all enjoy our new lockdowns while we wait for the new new vaccines together.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Well, I am honestly surprised.

We went out on the weekend to get a few things. Small local businesses were actually enforcing occupancy limits, distancing and check ins, and also making sure to check peoples vaccination certificates.

I do, however, live in one of the most vaccinated LGAs in Sydney so everyone here takes it seriously.

• Options
    Solvent wrote: »

Those variants that penetrate already exist right now. In a world of the vaccinated, this stance is akin to the ones who originally said we cant do anything about covid in the first place yet we succeeded for a very long time and have still succeeded in avoiding mass devastation from the virus.

Im just saying maybe wait until the rest of the world isnt fubared? Or maybe have I dont know a few rules where we dont just let in anyone from any country regardless of their situation? Such as, perhaps, ones with such variants? Or places where its raging out of control unchecked?

This is not an all or nothing thing. Its allowed to have a soupcon of scrutiny.

Or if you wanna repeat the last two years all over again I guess you can play the really shortsighted unable to learn from the past card.

Its very human to do that after all might as well go full hog on it.

We can all enjoy our new lockdowns while we wait for the new new vaccines together.

This is specifically regarding double-vaxxed travelers right?

I don't know what your definition of fubared is but I would say that the world is going to be struggling to cope with this for years at least. Double vaxxed is probably the best we can expect for a very long time.

• Options
    Okay. I give up. Lets throw everything open. Caution to the wind. Let them all come.

Pandemic over guys, we won.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Some rare good news: looks like a miracle happened and not one contact of the dickhead who escaped quarantine in Tas with delta actually ended up contracting it. Snap lockdown is over as of two hours ago with no additional cases detected, with masks mandated to end of the week just in case.

Very relieved.

Suriko on
  • Options
    Okay. I give up. Lets throw everything open. Caution to the wind. Let them all come.

I get that it's frustrating but what is the long-term solution here? Mandatory quarantine's in perpetuity? Or is there some set of measurable criteria where it can be opened up? Covid is not going away, regardless.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    exis wrote: »

I get that it's frustrating but what is the long-term solution here? Mandatory quarantine's in perpetuity? Or is there some set of measurable criteria where it can be opened up? Covid is not going away, regardless.

I have already stated that. After the fubared sentence, I added other possibilities after thinking that waiting until after the whole world was no longer fubared would be too much. These were a set of reasonable possibilities for discriminating which countries are safe to let people in from without mandatory quarantine. This was ignored, in favor of attacking the easy target, the whole world fubared comment. I have no further input to make than I already have.

It's clear that trying a moderate position means I hate opening and want australia to remain closed and there is no other position I am making.

I'm not frustrated because we are opening up. I'm frustrated because its being turned into a binary question, open vs closed for the whole world indiscriminately, and that's nonsense. All countries already do border controls.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    This traffic light idea is bad imo. People (sort of) understand covid levels, even with modifications being made all the time "level 3.5v1.12delta". I don't think a traffic light system is going to be simpler and easier to understand unless they don't mess with it like they did with the levels. And I'd bet all of my money that they will modify the traffic light system with each outbreak, because they already do that with the levels. It's not going to make things easier to understand. ...Maybe it was a bright idea someone had after watching Squid Game.

• Options
    I haven't been paying much attention to the details, or the sketch of the details.

I thought the traffic light thing was for which countries could send visitors and how they go through MIQ or not?