As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    So...how do you actually get to the new haunted lost sector thing because I could not find anything in the directory or at the tower to let me do them. I assume its something completely obvious that I walked by 5 times.

you need to follow the quest steps. talk to Eva, do an activity and that should open it up. the node will be in the Tower where the Haunted Forest node usually would be.

Wraith260 wrote: »
    Okay, so how bad is this page grind? Are we talking "do 3 lost sectors, merge pages, unlock a thing" or are we talking "run 50 lost sectors, merge pages because you hit the currency cap, repeat 5 times, unlock a thing"?

so after one lost sector where we got all possible page fragments(?) i was able to to unlock the first two pages at 2 fragments per. the first 3 are 2 fragments, then it goes up to 5 fragments and then the rest(most of the pages) cost 9. so yeah i expect its gonna take some time to grind it all out.

EDIT: and i still have 21 'Spectral Pages' in my inventory, so honestly i don't know what's going on. maybe just ignore me.

EDIT 2: ok i've got it figured out. you get Spectral Pages from activities. defeating the bosses in the Haunted Lost Sectors transforms them into Manifested Pages, and you can only get so many per LS. you then use the Manifested Pages to unlock Shrouded Pages in the book next to Eva. that's where the 2/5/9 cost comes in. so yeah again, this is gonna take some time to get done.

ok so this might not be so bad after all. defeating the bosses in Lost Sectors turns each Spectral Page into a Manifested Page so its not like you'll need to grind out a ton of the first to get enough of the second to unlock the lore book pages. you're still gonna have to run activities and Lost Sectors to get and convert pages but it seems way more reasonable than i was initially making it out to be.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I like the three sets from last year way more than I like the new dinosaur sets, it kills me to say it but it's true. The Titan set is laaaaaame compared to what it could be, y so smol.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    If you've got the Ascendant lenses from last year, you can take it to Mara sov and cash it in for a nice reward

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I like the three sets from last year way more than I like the new dinosaur sets, it kills me to say it but it's true. The Titan set is laaaaaame compared to what it could be, y so smol.

I love the titan set. Well, the helm, anyway. That helm is nearly pure Grimlock and I adore it. The other parts are perfectly fine, I think.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Vampire Warlock from last year still wins, but I am definitely getting T-Rex Titan.

Some nice looking Ghosts and such as well.

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be a T Rex with Synthoceps. Short arms, long punches.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    The new activity is pretty fun and overall it's actually a fairly simply loop. It's a matchmade run through a lost sector with a bunch of minibosses and lots of exploding enemies and it's pretty hectic fights in tight quarters. Just do all the quest steps and it'll all unlock.

For the whole loop you just do anything with the mask on and you get Pages. If you do the new activity with Pages in your inventory they will turn into OtherPages. Converting the pages also increases your chance of getting the new Pulse or the two old Festival of the Lost ARs from the encounter. Then you can just go back to the tower and spend the OtherPages to unlock Lore things in the book. And that's it so far.

Maybe if you unlock all the pages there's somewhere else to dump Pages as their is with Candy, but we'll see.

But yeah, basically just go around doing stuff with your mask and then occasionally you can go do the new activity to get more loot and more stuff to unlock the Tome Book thingy.

shryke on
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    So...how do you actually get to the new haunted lost sector thing because I could not find anything in the directory or at the tower to let me do them. I assume its something completely obvious that I walked by 5 times.

You should have a new quest in your quest tab.

You first have a quest to visit Eva in the tower, get your mask, do an activity wearing it (I did a strike) back to the tower, hand it in, and you can then start the haunted sectors from the director or in the tower.

Also, if you still have the prismatic lens from last year, you can give it to Mara Sov in the HELM to get 21 pages and three of the new pulse rifles.

Also, I used 8000 bright dust to buy a Skellington outfit for my warlock.

Okay, so how bad is this page grind? Are we talking "do 3 lost sectors, merge pages, unlock a thing" or are we talking "run 50 lost sectors, merge pages because you hit the currency cap, repeat 5 times, unlock a thing"?

so after one lost sector where we got all possible page fragments(?) i was able to to unlock the first two pages at 2 fragments per. the first 3 are 2 fragments, then it goes up to 5 fragments and then the rest(most of the pages) cost 9. so yeah i expect its gonna take some time to grind it all out.

EDIT: and i still have 21 'Spectral Pages' in my inventory, so honestly i don't know what's going on. maybe just ignore me.

EDIT 2: ok i've got it figured out. you get Spectral Pages from activities. defeating the bosses in the Haunted Lost Sectors transforms them into Manifested Pages, and you can only get so many per LS. you then use the Manifested Pages to unlock Shrouded Pages in the book next to Eva. that's where the 2/5/9 cost comes in. so yeah again, this is gonna take some time to get done.

ok so this might not be so bad after all. defeating the bosses in Lost Sectors turns each Spectral Page into a Manifested Page so its not like you'll need to grind out a ton of the first to get enough of the second to unlock the lore book pages. you're still gonna have to run activities and Lost Sectors to get and convert pages but it seems way more reasonable than i was initially making it out to be.

I only did 2 sector runs, but we killed 9 of the minibosses each time, so it shouldn’t be too bad.

shryke wrote: »
    The new activity is pretty fun and overall it's actually a fairly simply loop. It's a matchmade run through a lost sector with a bunch of minibosses and lots of exploding enemies and it's pretty hectic fights in tight quarters. Just do all the quest steps and it'll all unlock.

For the whole loop you just do anything with the mask on and you get Pages. If you do the new activity with Pages in your inventory they will turn into OtherPages. Converting the pages also increases your chance of getting the new Pulse or the two old Festival of the Lost ARs from the encounter. Then you can just go back to the tower and spend the OtherPages to unlock Lore things in the book. And that's it so far.

Maybe if you unlock all the pages there's somewhere else to dump Pages as their is with Candy, but we'll see.

But yeah, basically just go around doing stuff with your mask and then occasionally you can go do the new activity to get more loot and more stuff to unlock the Tome Book thingy.

I like Glints comments, and I’m looking forward to reading his Lore entries when the book is done. Gonna save them up.

Does anyone know if the leylines and ascended realms stuff count as activities ?

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Override did so I'd be surprised if those didn't.

M-Vickers wrote: »

I only did 2 sector runs, but we killed 9 of the minibosses each time, so it shouldn’t be too bad.

yeah looks like you can get a max of 10 before the big boss and then another 3 during the boss phase so even sub optimal it shouldn't be to bad. just remember that you've got to get a hit on those Headless bosses to get the page conversion from them.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Is the Gambit rank bonus all week or for just like the next 24 hours? The message just said "for a limited time" or something.

august wrote: »
    Is the Gambit rank bonus all week or for just like the next 24 hours? The message just said "for a limited time" or something.

All week, those things all run Tuesday to Tuesday.

just popped into Crucible to get the last of my Guardian kills for the Lorentz Driver(got them!), but more importantly i'm really starting to appreciate just how much of a power house The Messenger is. there were engagements that i absolutely should not have survived and yet i was able to walk away relatively unscathed. got a Range Masterwork on this one too so i'm able to destroy folks from almost clear across the map. now if only i could play as well in Trials as i do in Control.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

All week, those things all run Tuesday to Tuesday.

Great that mean I have time to knock out the Ornament quest.

Does anyone know if there's a limit on the number of pages you can hold before you have to go run lost sectors to convert them? I had 50 at one point which is a suspiciously even number but it wasn't colored like full item stacks usually are.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Control matchmaking is a mess. Across 8 Control matches I played, I matched with or against 9 Legend Elo players (per DestinyTracker). Only two of my matches were close, and those were the only two without any of those Legend Elo players.

The other matches would just swing wildly based on which team got the top player. Some matches I'd fail to even reach a positive K/D, other matches I'd earn the most unsatisfying Undefeated medals.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I just ran a control match against 3 on the other side using Vex, sitting in wells and being obnoxious. We beat them by 50 points but they really tried hard to ruin my night

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Solo legendary Shattered Realm was a fun little challenge. Since flawless is not a requirement for the triumph I went with a top tree arcstrider punch build.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Playing Gambit last night. My team's getting styled on. I had a teammate who lost close to 30 Orbs. Other team is way ahead, and summon their Primeval when we're still in the 60-70 range. I've got heavy ammo and my Super ready to go, but my allies keep invading and being ineffective. Somehow, we catch up, and start really burning our Primeval down quickly, but the other team is so far ahead. They've got like 10% left before they win. Portal comes up and I manage to get the invade. Triple kill. Their primeval health jumps up over ours, and for the first time in the match, we've got a chance. End up just barely winning, and it felt great.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Solo legendary Shattered Realm was a fun little challenge. Since flawless is not a requirement for the triumph I went with a top tree arcstrider punch build.

That plus trinity ghoul liar handshake with one two punch shotty is just the best way to play anything below raid level pve

616610-1.png
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Damn we on page 2? Never would’ve happened if we didn’t vote Dino’s

616610-1.png
    I randomly matched against Elki last night in Gambit. And lost.

At least I can take solace in going 3-for-3 in wins against 4-stacks as all rando teams. You'd think teams showing off their gilded Dredgens and gilded Flawlesses would put up more of a fight.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    great news everyone, i've figured out why there were any posts in the Destiny thread for like a week

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    great news everyone, i've figured out why there were any posts in the Destiny thread for like a week

Dammit, who gave the game away?

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Just got my second ever We Ran... In comp lmao

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Arteen wrote: »
    I randomly matched against Elki last night in Gambit. And lost.

At least I can take solace in going 3-for-3 in wins against 4-stacks as all rando teams. You'd think teams showing off their gilded Dredgens and gilded Flawlesses would put up more of a fight.

Those stacks are nothing to me, a bonafide Reckoner.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Made it to legend on stream!

I put the vods on my yt if you want two hours of pain as I claw my way from 5000 to the max rank
    https://youtu.be/ew-zpZsyg5k

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I logged in last night intending to start the Festival of the Lost stuff, but instead got tricked into doing the first three missions from Season of the Splicer. I was playing the game (albeit free-to-play) during the second half of this season - I came in for the Solstice event catchup - and I think I now understand why I was so completely confused by the narrative elements of the Season of the Hunt and Chosen. There are so many references to things that occurred on the weekly rollout that are no longer in the game, have been resolved, or were explained away. For example, the very first "mission" on the Season of the Splicer journey plops you down into the finale event. So you hear VO about how Saint and Variks are BFFs while fighting. (I actually had to run this twice to advance the story for some reason.) And then the next in-game RTE is Saint telling Variks about how he doesn't trust him and we shouldn't be spending resources on the Eliksni. Another example is all of the references to the "Endless Night"... which is no longer in the game and isn't explained anywhere that I've seen. If I didn't already more-or-less "know" how that seasonal storyline went, I'd be completely confuzzled by these references and anachronisms.

The Expunge: Labyrinth mission can eff right off though! There's a Triumph to do that in less than 10 minutes and Bungie better be offering a $100 bonus for me to even try to get through that again. I mean the mission was interesting and the fight at the end was fun, but it took me over an hour to get through just the jumping parts (I'm NOT good at jumping puzzles). It is nice to finally be able to start farming for a better Gridskipper. (The one I've been using has, let's just say, less-than-impressive perks.)

Maybe I'll try to actually start the Festival stuff tonight. At least I'm racking up quite a backlog of candy doing this stuff!

26904.png
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    I logged in last night intending to start the Festival of the Lost stuff, but instead got tricked into doing the first three missions from Season of the Splicer. I was playing the game (albeit free-to-play) during the second half of this season - I came in for the Solstice event catchup - and I think I now understand why I was so completely confused by the narrative elements of the Season of the Hunt and Chosen. There are so many references to things that occurred on the weekly rollout that are no longer in the game, have been resolved, or were explained away. For example, the very first "mission" on the Season of the Splicer journey plops you down into the finale event. So you hear VO about how Saint and Variks are BFFs while fighting. (I actually had to run this twice to advance the story for some reason.) And then the next in-game RTE is Saint telling Variks about how he doesn't trust him and we shouldn't be spending resources on the Eliksni. Another example is all of the references to the "Endless Night"... which is no longer in the game and isn't explained anywhere that I've seen. If I didn't already more-or-less "know" how that seasonal storyline went, I'd be completely confuzzled by these references and anachronisms.

The Expunge: Labyrinth mission can eff right off though! There's a Triumph to do that in less than 10 minutes and Bungie better be offering a $100 bonus for me to even try to get through that again. I mean the mission was interesting and the fight at the end was fun, but it took me over an hour to get through just the jumping parts (I'm NOT good at jumping puzzles). It is nice to finally be able to start farming for a better Gridskipper. (The one I've been using has, let's just say, less-than-impressive perks.)

Maybe I'll try to actually start the Festival stuff tonight. At least I'm racking up quite a backlog of candy doing this stuff!

The splicer gauntlet upgrades unlock shortcuts and stuff in the expunge missions, making that timer a lot less of a problem.

Though having done that when the season was current, I am actually unaware if you can still upgrade that and unlock those?

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    If they want pages to be tied to time investment why don’t raids give pages?

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    I realize I'm the very last one to the party, it's fine, but have you guys seen the Palindrome? I did some nightfalls last night and didn't get any particularly good ones and my goodish one still feels incredible and is a stat monster, just, man. I'm going to play more to try to get an actual good one but boy even this one feels nice to shoot.

TeNksUs.png

I realize I'm the very last one to the party, it's fine, but have you guys seen the Palindrome? I did some nightfalls last night and didn't get any particularly good ones and my goodish one still feels incredible and is a stat monster, just, man. I'm going to play more to try to get an actual good one but boy even this one feels nice to shoot.

TeNksUs.png

I'll be grinding nightfalls this weekend for a few quests, I'll cross my fingers.

I could do with a nice void handcannon, for when my warlock is running with her helmet that gives super energy for void kills. Something Sin, I forget.

I also got a pretty good Stasis Getaway Artist and I found out that grenade kickstart does work when you eat your grenade for the super buddy and that should probably be illegal.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The kickstart mods are actually fucking ridiculous, I love them

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Ascendant Nomad out here trying to get my loadouts taken away as the top two archetypes in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeFEoG9sJrU

It's a good video, but now more people gonna be rocking RF Fusions.

I kinda want to grind out a Zealot's Reward from Garden. Null Composure is really really good this season, but Zealot's has a few better perk chances. I deleted so many of the damn things and now I feel bad about it.

I've considered picking up NTTE for my primary, simply because I'm already crutching so hard on Cold Denial/Messenger/Legal Action, but my loadout keeps me with exotic Heavy as my main pick. Which like, ok, that is great for Survival, but less useful for Trials.

But Surplus Legal Action is just so crisp, I'm using it more than the other crutches, and it just feels great. My roll has Wellspring, which helps offset it, but I wonder if Surplus/Rampage would be as brutal as I imagine. It feels more forgiving than my Headseeker Cold Denial (if only because Cold Denial simply can't compete at any real range), and while yeah, no Desperado, the consistency is higher than Messenger.

But the point of this is - don't sleep on Rapid Fire Fusions.

Ascendant Nomad out here trying to get my loadouts taken away as the top two archetypes in the game:

It's a good video, but now more people gonna be rocking RF Fusions.

I kinda want to grind out a Zealot's Reward from Garden. Null Composure is really really good this season, but Zealot's has a few better perk chances. I deleted so many of the damn things and now I feel bad about it.

I've considered picking up NTTE for my primary, simply because I'm already crutching so hard on Cold Denial/Messenger/Legal Action, but my loadout keeps me with exotic Heavy as my main pick. Which like, ok, that is great for Survival, but less useful for Trials.

But Surplus Legal Action is just so crisp, I'm using it more than the other crutches, and it just feels great. My roll has Wellspring, which helps offset it, but I wonder if Surplus/Rampage would be as brutal as I imagine. It feels more forgiving than my Headseeker Cold Denial (if only because Cold Denial simply can't compete at any real range), and while yeah, no Desperado, the consistency is higher than Messenger.

But the point of this is - don't sleep on Rapid Fire Fusions.

as someone who as used NTTE as their main primary since it was added i'll say that i feel Messenger is by far the better option for PvP. just feels like it hits harder and does much better at range than NTTE. there have been numerous engagements i've won using Messenger that i know i'd have lost if i was running NTTE. i should probably give Cold Denial and Legal Action a try sometime though.

I used rapid fire fusions until I was distracted by the shininess that is Xur's Main Ingredient. MI fits the traditional fusion playstyle I'm used to. Rapid fire feels like a whole different playstle.