As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    As with most things PvP, take everything I say with the "I'm bad" salt mound...but I find Messenger much better in PvP than NTTE. I like NTTE but I've kind of fallen off the pulse-as-primary in PvE train at this point (heating up/rampage/handling chroma rush has that effect). Once I got a Messenger, even with a middling roll, I've not looked back in PvP. I've run a Messenger/Igneous Hammer setup recently and enjoyed it. I'd like to replace the Hammer with a Palindrome so I need to get grinding NF's.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Trials weapon is Messenger so y'know, good weekend

Map is bannerfall which is fairly meh

Local H Jay on
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    I used rapid fire fusions until I was distracted by the shininess that is Xur's Main Ingredient. MI fits the traditional fusion playstyle I'm used to. Rapid fire feels like a whole different playstle.

I find that if I treat RF as a shotgun+, I win fights even against Main Ingredient. If I am in the air or otherwise make a mistake and don't 1 burst, Main Ingredient eats my lunch. That roll is just so sweet.

But I am also pairing things with Precious Scars when I run Sentinal, and Main Ingredient being arc means it loses just slightly in that department.

Fusion meta is back, baby.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Trials weapon is Messenger so y'know, good weekend

Map is bannerfall which is fairly meh

your backpack ready for a passenger Jay cause i'd like to book myself one ticket to the Lighthouse please.

• RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Hey, look, Freelance Trials is coming!

And without even the lighthouse exclusion I felt would be appropriate, considering.

Nice to see some common sense.

We ran into a former #1 player with 300 carries on game 4

We lost but hey, took them to 5-3

And knocked out at 6 by an insane Chaperone whomstve never missed a shot

Owie

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Daaaamn I’m out of town all weekend starting tomorrow

Someone carry me to adept messenger tonight! It’s my only shot!

616610-1.png
    Disrupter wrote: »

I'm around after 1030ish central, if all things go accordingly

Disrupter wrote: »

I'm around after 1030ish central, if all things go accordingly

Sweet I’ll be around. Hopefully desirable loot helps counter Friday night sweat a bit

616610-1.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    akaHOlCh.png

That's a decent roll for a Vulpecula, right?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Bungie Help
    @BungieHelp
    Due to issues, we have disabled the Raiju's Harness Exotic Hunter chestpiece in all activities and the Telesto Exotic fusion rifle in all PvP and Gambit activities.

Uh-oh! Oopsy-daisy! We made a wittle fucky-wucky!

apparently, the bug is that if you're wearing Raiju's and get stuck with Telesto shots you become immune to damage lol, the Telesto shots stick on you and block all the damage like body armor, it even blocks supers

Crippl3 on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Telesto is actually an engenious software bug checker that has prevented numerous game destroying issues pre-emptively. It's the carbon monoxide detector for their codebase. And for fun, it also shoots bullets in the game, sometimes.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Oh whoops I was wrong, looks like the Raiju's Harness issue was entirely separate
    Raiju's allowed you to glitch into infinite Whirlwind Guard that entirely blocked stuff from the front, even after your super ran out, even if you changed subclasses

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Telesto is actually an engenious software bug checker that has prevented numerous game destroying issues pre-emptively. It's the carbon monoxide detector for their codebase. And for fun, it also shoots bullets in the game, sometimes.

Lel

Lost our 4th game (and mercy) to a team already on their flawless match. Why can that even happen Bungie

A lovely, truly flawless flawless where we didn't give up our mercy despite extreme late night sweat in the PC pool! With @timeboxer and @Zombie Gandhi

e7rh7sub4hai.jpg

Seriously sweaty map, just a lot of chaotic rounds. It vacillates between extreme up close slugfests with Chappie, to long range snipers ruining my lunch. Good times!

Swords don't always work out, but when they do...
    https://youtu.be/h8TlC313CzM

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I guess it's good to know that I can wait until tomorrow to play once the flawless pool is in effect, but it does kind of make Saturday night a raw deal.

We got to four and lost some close games and then couldn't find our rhythm again, it is a very weird map in this meta with a lot of primaries being almost but not quite perfect for the lanes you get. I'd like to snipe but the 50 zoom snipers are just too damn much, give me back 35s you cowards!

Yeah it's a map where having a good up close and keep away build is key, I was swapping between Chappie/Sidearm and Wishender/Summoner regularly to keep people on their toes.

Extremely sweaty, lost a bunch to start, but we went flawless again @Arteen and @Mustachio Jones

fh7j1dg0xwna.jpg

Down to the wire, I woke up 3 hours early and we only eeked it out right before I had to leave for work

Yeah there is a weird situation where I honestly felt like I’m playing some of my best destiny this trials but the competition has been sweaty

616610-1.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The tough matches are so frontloaded now. Once we made it past three wins on the passage this morning we had it.

I'm very curious what the metrics will look like for Trials this week. The weekends since the first Iron Banner intermission are way rougher and more akin to Trials of old.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    It still feels like a situation where Bungie needs to decide what Trials is. If it's meant to be solely sweaty end game PvP, than fine, but expect people to continue to complain about lack of access to the guns which are extremely good. If it's not and Bungie wants the pool to widen, the rewards for losing have to be more compelling.

I'm very curious to see what next week looks like with the freelance lab in play.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I wish I had time to do more trials this weekend. It feels like Friday-Saturday matchmaking is now in a slow spiral, where the tougher it gets the more people decide to wait to play on Sunday-Monday, which makes the matchmaking tougher, which makes more people decide to wait for Sunday, repeat.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    That video on the last page about the meta opens up with the opinion that right now is the best weapon balance in PvP in, like ever.

And honestly, having only played since shadowkeep I'm inclined to agree!

Sure, there are overperforming outliers, and a lot of neglected archetypes within a weapon type, but I'm seeing folks clean house with a pretty decent variety, all things considered. Trials less so, but with its fixed map for the weekend that usually lends itself to certain weapons you prepare for and equip accordingly. But still.

Obviously HCs and shotguns still stick around, but I'm seeing pulses, bows, snipers, breech loaders, fusions, and even some higher RoF autos and scouts! And I think peacebond might help the future of sidearms in pvp, too.

The current gun meta is as healthy as I've known it.

Still sucks vex will get nerfed before I slap with it though. Shame. I fucking love autos.

That video on the last page about the meta opens up with the opinion that right now is the best weapon balance in PvP in, like ever.

And honestly, having only played since shadowkeep I'm inclined to agree!

Sure, there are overperforming outliers, and a lot of neglected archetypes within a weapon type, but I'm seeing folks clean house with a pretty decent variety, all things considered. Trials less so, but with its fixed map for the weekend that usually lends itself to certain weapons you prepare for and equip accordingly. But still.

Obviously HCs and shotguns still stick around, but I'm seeing pulses, bows, snipers, breech loaders, fusions, and even some higher RoF autos and scouts! And I think peacebond might help the future of sidearms in pvp, too.

The current gun meta is as healthy as I've known it.

Still sucks vex will get nerfed before I slap with it though. Shame. I fucking love autos.

i can't speak across the board but i will say that pulse rifles are in a very good place right now after being pretty much trash for a lot of D2's early life. they've always been my go to primary but i don't think its controversial to say they get screwed over bad in the switch to D2 and it took a while for them to come back into their own. i don't think they've ever been quite meta but at least now they can hold their own and there's a few decent options to pick from too.

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    At this point I'm convinced that the final voice in the darkness is going to be a sentient Telesto.

rndmhero wrote: »
    At this point I'm convinced that the final voice in the darkness is going to be a sentient Telesto.

final boss of the final raid, the canonical last fight of the Light vs Darkness Saga, and its just a giant Telesto that can only be defeated by other Telestos. unfortunately, Telesto will be disabled the week that raid goes live due to a game breaking issue. Destiny 2 never ends as a result.

There are still some underperforming weapon archetypes, but I hestitate to say that there are any overperforming archetypes, at least of the legendary variety.

Disabling double scavenger mods also helped to open up the space more for primary engagements, without invalidating special weapons.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    There are still some underperforming weapon archetypes, but I hestitate to say that there are any overperforming archetypes, at least of the legendary variety.

Disabling double scavenger mods also helped to open up the space more for primary engagements, without invalidating special weapons.

It still boggles my mind they ever let them stack. As soon as they changed over to the mod system I was fully expecting they wouldn't stack because that was the only thing that made sense with what they were saying their goals were.

And then it took 2 more years.

Map was Dead Cliffs and my team got the bad initial spawn. I considered backing out immediately, but...
    3uui7j7h.jpg

I died literally seconds from the end too. Definitely one of my best matches and a nice little confidence booster after a rough time in Trials this weekend.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i'm kind of baffled why stuff like witherhoard has a pvp requirement for the catalyst

it just sucks and i'm legit inting crucible matches to finish it

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i'm kind of baffled why stuff like witherhoard has a pvp requirement for the catalyst

it just sucks and i'm legit inting crucible matches to finish it

The reason is that it was a seasonal exotic, which all have some strike/pvp/gambit requirements.

Also, witherhoard is legit good in stuff like control or smaller maps with chokes. Fire it at a point and either push them or run off. Any direct hits will be a kill, and its hard to get away from the pool fast enough most of the time.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    So after banging my head against the wall for two days both solo and with multiple groups of friends, I finally got flawless this week. And got a Rapid Hit/Desperado adept messenger! The barrel, mag and masterwork aren’t top tier but they’re decent!

Then on turn-in of the passage to Saint I got an Outlaw/Desperado with Hammer-forged, High Cal and a range masterwork.

Worthwhile I guess! Makes up for the fact that my only partly broken motherboard is now failing seriously now and I probably won’t be playing much til I can get it replaced

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Map was Dead Cliffs and my team got the bad initial spawn. I considered backing out immediately, but..

Fuck Dead Cliffs

Just delete it from the game please

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Map was Dead Cliffs and my team got the bad initial spawn. I considered backing out immediately, but..

Fuck Dead Cliffs

Just delete it from the game please

I like it in 3v3.

In 6v6 it's completely busted though. Which is basically just "the respawn system is busted". Which has been one of the biggest but kind of lowkey problems with PvP for most people in this game since launch that doesn't get talked about much by the main PvP content types.

It's combination of shit spawns and maps that were made for a much slower D2. Bannerfall feels tiny even though it's bigger than the D1 version, all because of the movement abilities. On PC the dawnblades pretty much dominated the map, either by hanging way up high and sniping down or just using their speed to zoom around corners and chaperone you

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I still have fond memories of my S10 confidence card with Jay on Dead Cliffs, where we were on fire and went on a 10 streak that included overcoming some top-tier opposition. Probably will remain my favorite trials card of all times.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited October 2021
    Elki wrote: »
    I still have fond memories of my S10 confidence card with Jay on Dead Cliffs, where we were on fire and went on a 10 streak that included overcoming some top-tier opposition. Probably will remain my favorite trials card of all times.

I remember that, we went against yet another streamer and managed to clutch it out
    https://youtu.be/SRA1ANpqF1Q

Local H Jay on