As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Elden Ring] Has Shattered (CLOSED SPOILERS)

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I didn't realize Bloodborne only had like 21 bosses (minus chalice dungeons), which isn't too far from DS3's 25,

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Oddly the best (but also worst) part of Bloodborne for me was the Chalice Dungeons. I didn't actually see any of those in LPs because the LPs I watched didn't even touch them whatsoever. So they were new to me and so were the bosses there.

Can't wait to do some Dark Souls 3, only a week and a bit!!!!

Does Elden Ring even have a release date?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Oddly the best (but also worst) part of Bloodborne for me was the Chalice Dungeons. I didn't actually see any of those in LPs because the LPs I watched didn't even touch them whatsoever. So they were new to me and so were the bosses there.

Can't wait to do some Dark Souls 3, only a week and a bit!!!!

Does Elden Ring even have a release date?

January 21st.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I wonder if I can get a PS5 by then.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Wonder if they would also announce something new in Gamescom too tonight

Peas on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I wonder if I can get a PS5 by then.
    Just...just let me camp out in front of a Target for 2 days. Mark 6ft spots.

I can do this, but having a random 10 minutes every few weeks to get one and have 90% immediately get scooped up by bots is killing meeee

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Eurogamer describes the 17 minutes of gameplay footage they saw

https://youtu.be/RtjSDV-3ZaI

It all sounds good to me? And not in an overhyped way but like a general gameplay sense.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Can’t be assed to fight that Manus, but overall it looks great!

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Closed Network Test signups. It's happening over 5 time periods in November. Signups close on November 1st.

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/landing/elden-ring-closed-network-test#more-info

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar

That is presumptive.

I don't have any patience.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Ah it's only a month.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Possible gameplay. Possibly on an Xbox One X, albeit through not very good capture hardware.

Synthesis on
    edited October 2021
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Possible gameplay. Possibly on an Xbox One X, albeit through not very good capture hardware.

You're gonna get people asking you to spoiler that @Synthesis

jungleroomx on
    Can you please spoiler that, @Synthesis?

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    ...yup, that's a souls game.

Yeah I watched it and its a highly compressed video showing... exactly what all of us were probably hoping it was.

I mean I saw joking based on jungle's post, but I'm actually not going to watch that.

I signed up for the closed network test but I may not actually even want to play that.

I want to be in the dark until whatever date the game comes out. I'm even avoiding news about the release date.

(Joke. Or is it...?)

Drez wrote: »
    Can you please spoiler that, @Synthesis?
    Synthesis wrote: »

You're gonna get people asking you to spoiler that @Synthesis

Sure, better safe than sorry--should've thought about that.

I saw it a few days ago and they were taking it down left right and centre and people were popping it back up. Not sure it shows anything we haven't seen before, unless you're a purist who hasn't watched anything?

I honestly thought the quality and general-ness alone didn't warrant a spoiler tag, but if people feel differently, why not?

Nosf wrote: »
    I saw it a few days ago and they were taking it down left right and centre and people were popping it back up. Not sure it shows anything we haven't seen before, unless you're a purist who hasn't watched anything?

Just probably better safe than sorry, especially since this is not actual released gameplay footage from Fromsoft.

edited October 2021

I actually haven't watched any footage, official or otherwise. I've only seen a few screenshots, but only via a mirror out of the corner of my eye so it doesn't count like when Perseus killed Medusa.

Drez on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Stoked on the beta test... not stoked about the delay. If it makes the game better, then no worries.

No network test for PC.

BOO FROM

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    No network test for PC.

BOO FROM

I mean, I get it, most companies don't want to do network tests/betas for PC because of the certainty of a datamine. Doesn't make me like it, however.

• NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    I mean a delay of a month is likely for bug reasons. Or they are adding a bit of time in case the network test shows more work needed than they anticipated. With it being so close to open world, I can deal with it being just a month later than originally stated.

I didn't even know it had a release date. What's a month? It's not like we don't have a mountain of games to play and keep ourselves busy with as is.

"I don't have a backlog!" you say.

YOU'RE A DIRTY FUCKING LIAR AND YOU KNOW IT.

Nitsua wrote: »
    I mean a delay of a month is likely for bug reasons. Or they are adding a bit of time in case the network test shows more work needed than they anticipated. With it being so close to open world, I can deal with it being just a month later than originally stated.

Yeah I'll take a delay over having day 1 gamebreakers.

There's so much these days I can't really keep up, so if they want to take extra time and get it right off the bat, more power to them. I'd be content for games to take an extra year and avoid crunch.

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Elden Ring Nominated for Gamescom Awards (Day 435) 2:38

Best Microsoft Xbox Game
    Best PC Game
    Best Sony PlayStation Game
    Best Action Adventure Game
    Best Role Playing Game

Eh folks I know people are hyped but maybe at least wait for the game to come out first lol

Well they know none of the writers will be able to muster the competence to get past the tutorial area so they're just cutting to the chase.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    It’s one of those things like, DS2 is the worst game in the “Souls” era.

Dark Souls 2 is also EASILY one of the top 20 games of all time.

So like, yeah, just get it out of the way fam.

• NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    I didn't even know it had a release date. What's a month? It's not like we don't have a mountain of games to play and keep ourselves busy with as is.

"I don't have a backlog!" you say.

YOU'RE A DIRTY FUCKING LIAR AND YOU KNOW IT.

I have a backlog going back to the original Xbox. *sigh* At this point I’ll be passing on my backlog to my son in my will.

DanHibiki wrote: »

Best Microsoft Xbox Game
    Best PC Game
    Best Role Playing Game

Eh folks I know people are hyped but maybe at least wait for the game to come out first lol

Well they know none of the writers will be able to muster the competence to get past the tutorial area so they're just cutting to the chase.

Judging by the Metroid Dread reviews, I imagine it's going to be horrendous.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

Best Microsoft Xbox Game
    Best PC Game
    Best Role Playing Game

Judging by the Metroid Dread reviews, I imagine it's going to be horrendous.

The fact that “you play like a games journalist” is quickly becoming a common insult is hilarious to me.

Also a bit below the belt I’d say.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.

Best Microsoft Xbox Game
    Best PC Game
    Best Role Playing Game

There's a CHASE?

Spoilers!!!111111

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »

Or Covid reasons.

It’s one of those things like, DS2 is the worst game in the “Souls” era.

Dark Souls 2 is also EASILY one of the top 20 games of all time.

So like, yeah, just get it out of the way fam.

Dark Souls 2 is still my favorite Dark Souls game. Demon's Souls was very raw. Dark Souls 1 was cool, lore-wise, but felt a bit itchy to me. Dark Souls 2 is pure bliss. Dark Souls 3 is like trying catch an eel that has been dipped in WD 40. Bloodborne is just Dark Souls 3 with guns. Sekiro should be renamed Seppuku. And Elden Ring is like an onion ring but without the onions.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Bloodborne is far and away my favorite of the Soulsbornes...but if we're talking just Dark Souls, mine is also Dark Souls 2. Which is blasphemous to a lot of people but I don't care. It was the game that finally hooked me in to the series. I went back and played Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls (a second time even with the remake), and they are both great. That said, I still think Dark Souls 1 is looked at with incredibly rose tinted glasses by a lot of people. The back half of DaS1 is kind of crap compared to the rest of the game. You can feel the development team running out of time and energy as you close out that game.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The number one thing that keeps Dark Souls 1 on top for me is the world being so well interconnected (mostly - I agree on things breaking down in the back half). It just feels better put together than the others in terms of the environment? And the other two games feel a lot more constricting on routes (2 is okay because it has a decently open first half, but then it shoehorns you into a single path for the second half. 3 is just super linear in general)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.