As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everything Tastes Like Mint

Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her|Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
I am worried that I may have had some sort of small stroke and/or seizure a few weeks ago. Also just today everything I eat & drink has started tasting vaguely of mint, even water?

I tried calling NHS 111 but can't get through. Should I be worried at all? Also there are 'lines' of a sort a burning/fizzing sensation in my head, and especially my forehead. No idea what is going on. :confused:

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    I think seeking medical advice is your best bet here. I don't fully know what that looks like where you live so it is hard to be certain on the details. Going to the equivalent of Urgent Care at a minimum seems like the way to go.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Definitely go see a doctor ASAP. In the immediate term consider common environmental causes like carbon monoxide poisoning, nutritional deficiencies, new foods/clothes/deodorants/etc. You may not be able to do anything about them right now (except maybe the CO poisoning) but it's good to take inventory beforehand, because your doctor will absolutely ask you about them and you want to be as thorough as possible.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Itis COVID.i am goingto be selfisolating.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Called NHS 111.

• Options
    I need a new phone.

• Options
    Argh!

• Options
    I am double vaxxed too., 😭

• Options
    I hate living in an actual dystopia. It fucking sucks.

• Options
    I love you all and this planet so much.

My feelings for the majority of the human race are all over the place.

• Options
    Ofcourse itwwould be mint.

• Options
    I would say that I am too cool and minty fresh for this planet.

• Options
    But that would be very arrogant.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Ugh, that's terrible to hear. Sorry you caught the bug. =( Hope you get well soon!

The good news is being vaccinated means your chances of coming out of this OK are significantly higher. The main things vaccination prevents are hospitalization and death - not catching COVID in the first place is more of an ideal.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Good luck, Zilla. The only rhing I know to do is treat it like the flu, if you've been vaxxed. So keep warm, eat, drink lots of fluids.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Changes to sense of taste or smell are a very typical Covid symptom. A doctor will not be concerned.