As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2021
    Elki wrote: »
    I still have fond memories of my S10 confidence card with Jay on Dead Cliffs, where we were on fire and went on a 10 streak that included overcoming some top-tier opposition. Probably will remain my favorite trials card of all times.

I remember that, we went against yet another streamer and managed to clutch it out
    https://youtu.be/SRA1ANpqF1Q

Ah, that edit at the end as they depart the match when the lighthouse notifications are popping up. So beautiful.

Edit: Looks like I still have this. These were pretty high flawless numbers for the first season of trials.
    M22Rt6Zh.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I think my favorite clip in that one is a 1v1 I had. The guy is above me and gets me down to like 10-20 hp. I have a very tiny wall for cover. Like Neo, I see the code in the matrix. I turn, run along the wall, jump while tossing my skip directly at the wall so it bounces behind me to scare him away, swing into the base and then out and then. Bam, headshot with Arby.

It's funny, I'm running very similar loadouts still. Instead of Arby/Death by Scorn, I'm using Peacebond/Lorentz lol

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    , I'm using Peacebond/Lorentz lol

welcome to the thunderdome baybay

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    So with my PC losing stability, what’s the fastest way to farm pages and candy now if I want to get the event triumphs as fast as possible? Sustained gradual play may no longer be possible :/

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I think playlist strikes might be the fastest grind right now? Check if you get pages from non-playlist strikes because then just spamming Lake of Shadows would probably work best.

Then just run a ton of Haunted Lost Sectors.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    For paged instead of candy I would also look at public events.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    EDZ public events for sure. They're constant.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I managed to clear Shattered Realm flawlessly first try on the higher difficulty!

That's a fun little challenge and I definitely almost died a whole bunch. I wish there were triumphs for doing each of them solo and/or flawless, same with other activities like Expunges. I enjoy that sort of thing and wish I could track it.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Hell is attempting to hit 7 wins Solo in the Flawless pool. Not 7-0, just 7 at all.
    3 hours and I couldn't break past 5 wins, which was a brick fucking wall.

I am reminded that this game feels trash umbalanced sometimes.

Edit - evidently I just needed to complain since Bungo then granted me two immediate wins. Jeez. Garbage Messenger for all that work though.....

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Hell is attempting to hit 7 wins Solo in the Flawless pool. Not 7-0, just 7 at all.
    3 hours and I couldn't break past 5 wins, which was a brick fucking wall.

I am reminded that this game feels trash umbalanced sometimes.

Edit - evidently I just needed to complain since Bungo then granted me two immediate wins. Jeez.

Congrats, but I definitely don’t have the willpower to attempt that.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Just the wrong map for it I feel. Flawless pool has been miserable for this map, because it's so bipolar between snipers and chaperone matches

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I just gave up going flawless this week. Even though I love messenger this map has been hell.

Wish it had been on control point trials or something, but as it was, fuck that

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    I snatched a last minute flawless in the flawless pool thanks to a random Lfg that worked out
    0bovw0vv230c.jpg

We went against a top 500 player on game 4 and whomped him. Last game was also a nailbiter with a 4-4 round with 5 supers in the mix (we won because we had 3 to their 2 and it went to cap point)

• Options
    I gave up trying for the flawless last night. I made it to like 5 wins on one card with my mercy still intact and then the game just said "Fuck yourself" and gave me back-to-back games with teammates who were just way worse then the other team. One guy on my team in both matches had a fever and the only prescription was more sniper bullets to the face. Though frankly it's not like the matchmaking was probably any better before that. I just got the lucky end of the 5-0 or 5-1 games before then I guess. It definitely went to shit the minute it was just all randos and no groups.

Honestly I feel like freelance is gonna be a shitshow next weekend and expose just how much of solo Trials is completely out of the player's hands. For people who can't just 1v3 all the time it's going to be entirely luck of the draw. The matchmaker will decide whether you win or lose.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    For some reason, Destiny 2 now stalls out on loading. I'm on PC, I've reinstalled drivers, verified files, reinstalled the whole game, restarted the computer, etc, and it's still happening. Just grinds to an awful slowdown on the loading screen. When it finally gets to character select, it's a slide show. Happens in both fullscreen and windowed mode. Does not happen to other games I have installed on the same drive. This started up yesterday afternoon, I'd loaded the game without issue earlier that day. No clue how to proceed at this point in troubleshooting.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I played some solo yesterday and it wasn't a whole lot of games but the consistent takeaway was that I did fine when it was all or mostly single players and got dumpstered when it was a 3 stack. I don't know how solo queue will go next week but I'm willing to give it a shot, you just can't have 3 solos against a stack in Trials that's successful unless the 3 solos are all very good.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I found it very very hit or miss. Sometimes we had 3 solos versus a stack and then we obliterated them, as if it was compensating for the stack by sending in solid solos. Othertimes we went up against 3 stacks with each player in the triple-digits of Flawless runs who ate us immediately (and then had me match against them again so they could go to the Lighthouse while I am chilling at win 4).

My annoyance was that at like win 4+, every single match was against a 3 stack, and 80% of the time my team was solos, not duo. So there was clearly enough solos in the queue to make full matches of 6 solos. Cmon Bungo - at least try to throw the teams together when the queue has enough people and queue times were still usually sub 20 seconds.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    I played some solo yesterday and it wasn't a whole lot of games but the consistent takeaway was that I did fine when it was all or mostly single players and got dumpstered when it was a 3 stack. I don't know how solo queue will go next week but I'm willing to give it a shot, you just can't have 3 solos against a stack in Trials that's successful unless the 3 solos are all very good.

My experience was Sunday night the 3 stacks were wiping the floor with us. By Monday night it had flipped (I presume because all the 3 stacks just trying to go flawless were in jail by then) and the remaining 3 stacks were relatively easy whereas the games involving solos were often horribly lopsided affairs in favour of the solo queuers.

Either way it felt like most matches were decided at connection.

• Options
    I said that exact thing to friends yesterday, how is it that there are enough solos to put me on a team of three solos every time but so few that we have to match a 3 stack every time? It's weird!

• Options
    Between GMs and double Gambit rep, I decided to save my sanity and not grind out more wins for Adept Messengers in the flawless pool.

Thanks to all the GMs I went from being nearly shardless to maxed out on all my characters with all my legendary armor masterworked. And I took the opportunity to clean up and clear out unneeded armor for vault space. In Gambit I managed to reset the rank and get a lot of wins towards gilding Dregen, which I never bothered with before.

• Options
    Yeah hopefully the freelance queue next weekend eases some of the pain for solo queue.

Obligatory trials montage
    https://youtu.be/hSFlUfH7v8E

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I said that exact thing to friends yesterday, how is it that there are enough solos to put me on a team of three solos every time but so few that we have to match a 3 stack every time? It's weird!

It kinda makes sense. So if youresolo in order for it to match you against 3 solo it needs to find 3 solos before it finds a stack

Because if it finds one or two solos before a stack those will just be your teammates

Plus any session that already has a stack and one or two solos could be matched with you.

So it’s probably just a lot quicker for it to match solos against a three stack

616610-1.png
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    My hope for solo queue is not to go flawless, I think the sheer randomness is too high for that. What I really want is to just be able to grind out 7 wins and then farm engrams/shards without getting my face kicked in every 3 out of 4 matches.

• Options
    I forgot to complain about this but I completed 5 or 6 GM Nightfalls in the past two days and got all Adept Swarms. I don't know what the odds of that are but it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

• Options
    I forgot to complain about this but I completed 5 or 6 GM Nightfalls in the past two days and got all Adept Swarms. I don't know what the odds of that are but it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I ran a shitload and barely topped of my golf balls, I didn't get one from my second flawless chest either so maybe they stealth nerfed some drops (or it's just not double drop week and it's actual RNG)

• Options
    Looks even more Titan-y in the game. My new Titan. Asymmetrical legs, hoodless, big arms, noble constant red shader.

nwG6nqyh.png

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Fashion time?

My hunter's PvE look
    pu88gqah94wp.jpg
    rzte38dxts44.jpg

qycc15q67kgb.jpg

Local H Jay on
  • Options

I ran a shitload and barely topped of my golf balls, I didn't get one from my second flawless chest either so maybe they stealth nerfed some drops (or it's just not double drop week and it's actual RNG)

That's crazy, you should at least have gotten a bunch of mats, I got that. I can't say I enjoyed the GM experience exactly, even for an easy one, but I do like having lots of balls.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Hey everyone. We’ve seen some debate around the new dungeon content and wanted to clarify how it will be delivered next year.
    If you get the Digital Deluxe Edition of The Witch Queen you will receive the expansion, all four Seasons for the next year, and the two Dungeons. If you get the Standard Edition, you can still upgrade to the Deluxe Edition to get the dungeons later. We will also be offering a separate way for you to purchase the Dungeons in the future, but they will not be included in the Season passes.
    We will share more info on this closer to when this content is set to go live.

Well, that’s fucked. What the fuck is Eververse and Seasonal Passes even funding at this point?

ronzo on
  • Options
    It really sucks because they're also taking away dungeons at the same time. So if you wanted those Pinnacles get fuked

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Bungie has reinvented premium multiplayer map DLC years after literally everyone in the business decided it was a bad idea, actually.

• Options
    Ok I totally missed that, what the fuckin shit? Are they going to start charging separately for raids next?

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Ok I totally missed that, what the fuckin shit? Are they going to start charging separately for raids next?

They just clarified it a few hours ago, I think because people were confused because they assumed they wouldn’t be money-grubbing this hard.

Remember when they said that two $7 ornaments on whisper funded Zero Hour?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    Hey everyone. We’ve seen some debate around the new dungeon content and wanted to clarify how it will be delivered next year.
    If you get the Digital Deluxe Edition of The Witch Queen you will receive the expansion, all four Seasons for the next year, and the two Dungeons. If you get the Standard Edition, you can still upgrade to the Deluxe Edition to get the dungeons later. We will also be offering a separate way for you to purchase the Dungeons in the future, but they will not be included in the Season passes.

Well, that’s fucked. What the fuck is Eververse and Seasonal Passes even funding at this point?

CEOs airplane, probably

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    It really sucks because they're also taking away dungeons at the same time. So if you wanted those Pinnacles get fuked

Witch Queen is gonna completely shake up pinnacle sources anyway presumably. I would guess anything not in the core activities will be transferred over to new stuff dropping with the expansion.

• Options
    My group cleared Exodus Crash GM first try using the "hide behind the machinery in constant rifts" strat. I was worried about this one since I never played any GMs during the seasons that Exodus Crash was in play, but it was fine. Getting to the boss is painless, if a bit slow, and the boss is manageable with the cheese.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Bungie makes this game impossible to recommend.

I'm feeling the fatigue myself, honestly.

I don't know when I walked away from Warframe. Apparently I put 600 hours into it, which seems really low based on memory. But one day I just... never logged in again. I didn't know that would be the last time. There was no catalyst for it, and I remember Warframe fondly today. I want to go back and see my stuff as a sort of time capsule, not to actually play though.

At over 1000 hours (ok, I've... dabbled in AFK farming, we'll say) in Destiny 2 since the launch of shadowkeep I think I'm at the point where I'm beginning to wonder if I'm good?

Shooting aliens in the face is pretty great, but after 1000 hours of it you either
    1. Enjoy that so much you ignore all the really rough edges and endless silly dev decisions. Or;
    2. Realize you're content having shot all the aliens in the face that you have, and it's not so good that you can ignore the rough edges after 1000+ hours and dev shenanigans.

And that's no one's fault - it's not even a problem. Those are each valid, subjective options.

It just really do be like that sometimes.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    I don't think I could get into any other MMO like this without a PVP component. And then this is the closest thing to a good halo we've had in a long time, I'll ride destiny out until the end. That being said I don't like buying seasons ahead of time because of how badly Curse of Osiris burned me. Even if it's technically cheaper to buy all of them up front, I don't like getting suckered into a season or DLC that feels bare bones. Bungie's been a lot better about it recently but I'm also not dumb enough to give them my money before I see the goods

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdqxZp0Jli0

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

Witch Queen is gonna completely shake up pinnacle sources anyway presumably. I would guess anything not in the core activities will be transferred over to new stuff dropping with the expansion.

I'd rather lose Nessus or EDZ over dungeons and other great content