As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    There are two Haunted PS1 Demo Discs. One for 2021 and one for 2020.
    They are actually PC games, but in the PS1 style.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I just couldn't get very far in Yakuza 2 because they let me eat and fight and eat and fight and play Mahjong and eat and fight and get drunk and play Mahjong.

At some point, and I feel confident about this, there was other shit to do. But I didn't want to do those things.

See also: FF mini-games ending all hope of ending those games. I gotta start my 6th season of Blitzball I don't care about this Sin shit.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Do you want to watch how Quill from the VR game Moss is animated? Have 70 minutes to spare? How about just to see how a master animator works?

Well here you go!

https://youtu.be/F-74wntCctw

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    This is unbelievable. I bought all the Corpse Party games on steam 3 weeks ago on sale even though the Corpse Party game was the original one without the audio wizardy that I loved for the PSVita version.

Today the version with the binaural audio came out on steam.

The steam curse strikes again.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    There is this also. It is like a Haunted PS1 Demo disc, but for the holidays.
    https://youtu.be/NWaonPt6JGc

edited October 2021
    This was PS1 demos in a narrative.
    https://youtu.be/ahzxhY83nfE

Krathoon on
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    This is unbelievable. I bought all the Corpse Party games on steam 3 weeks ago on sale even though the Corpse Party game was the original one without the audio wizardy that I loved for the PSVita version.

You can get the bundle and get a tiny bit more discount.

I've been meaning to play them, come to think of it, and we're already in October! :lol:

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'm surprised there's no upgrade discount or something.

Also, we were discussing it in chat, but God of War (PS4) is coming to Steam.

I still haven't gotten around to playing the PS4 copy I bought at launch and paid launch prices for, nor have I played the PS4 copy of Horizon Zero Dawn (which I got for 20 bucks, but it didn't come with the DLC, so I kept waiting). I knew waiting several years to not play those games would come back to bite me in the butt.

Apparently Uncharted 4 is scheduled to come to PC someday as well, but I've already played that, so the curse cannot strike 3 times.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

You can get the bundle and get a tiny bit more discount.

I've been meaning to play them, come to think of it, and we're already in October! :lol:

Thank you, I will definitely grab the bundle to save at least a little.

Corpse Party is a great horror game, especially the version with binaural audio. Playing the game with a headset on is fantastic. The second game, Corpse Party Book of Shadows is good too but not as good as the first. I haven't played Blood Drive or Corpse Party 2 Dead Patient yet.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    u5acjtviawkk.png

@ironzerg has dispatched a chicken assassin.

I don't even know how to respond to this message! I guess let the chicken choking and bean flicking proceed!

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    an_alt wrote: »
    Fired up Yakuza 0 for the first time this weekend. Really enjoyed the vibe, the style, the writing, and a bunch else. Unfortunately, my poor RSI-addled arms did not like me playing a brawler so I had to put it down for now, but can't wait to pick it up again at some point.

Yakuza 0 felt more like a crime-themed action JRPG than a pure brawler to me, especially as you progress. I definitely would bring shotguns into fist fights with bosses once I unlocked them.

That said, you can lessen the pressure by stocking up on healing items from convenience stores. In fact, I highly recommend you do because the first boss fight felt tougher than later ones. Plus healing via rampant consumerism is just on brand for a game set in the 80s.

You don't exactly need to twist my arm to get me to load up on hunger-fighting goodness at a Tokyo convenience store. I drove far out of my way this past weekend to hit up a "local" place that makes and sells completely out of a wild assortment of those konbini sandwiches each day. Some of which didn't survive the return trip.

And the shops in the Yakuza series are lovingly crafted in-game representations, by developers who are presumably frequent flyers at 7-11, Family Mart, Lawson Station. I love it.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    This dozen make sense.
    I think that it is pretty clear this time.
    In order to be "safe" in the thread you will need to avoid number 12 and its divisors at all cost:
    • Don't post in pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12 of the thread
    • Avoid writing posts #1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12 of any page
    • Avoid using words with 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12 letters in the thread
    • Avoid using numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12 in any post of the thread
    • Avoid posting when the date/time of your post will include any of those numbers
    • Avoid posting exactly 1, 2, 3, 4 or 12 times in the thread
    • Avoid any thoughts related to those numbers while posting in thethread
    • But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget, no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he begs, never feed @MNC_Dover after midnight... or perhaps midday?

Instructions unclear. Gift @Pixelated Pixie

steam_sig.png
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Fired up Yakuza 0 for the first time this weekend. Really enjoyed the vibe, the style, the writing, and a bunch else. Unfortunately, my poor RSI-addled arms did not like me playing a brawler so I had to put it down for now, but can't wait to pick it up again at some point.

Yakuza 0 felt more like a crime-themed action JRPG than a pure brawler to me, especially as you progress. I definitely would bring shotguns into fist fights with bosses once I unlocked them.

That said, you can lessen the pressure by stocking up on healing items from convenience stores. In fact, I highly recommend you do because the first boss fight felt tougher than later ones. Plus healing via rampant consumerism is just on brand for a game set in the 80s.

You don't exactly need to twist my arm to get me to load up on hunger-fighting goodness at a Tokyo convenience store. I drove far out of my way this past weekend to hit up a "local" place that makes and sells completely out of a wild assortment of those konbini sandwiches each day. Some of which didn't survive the return trip.

And the shops in the Yakuza series are lovingly crafted in-game representations, by developers who are presumably frequent flyers at 7-11, Family Mart, Lawson Station. I love it.

Oh my god the Yakuza games make me so fucking hungry for food that is just not available in fucking Nebraska.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Funny enough, you may have figured it out.
    Or may not. BWA HA HA HA!
    ajtv1b7c76i6.png

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    u5acjtviawkk.png

@ironzerg has dispatched a chicken assassin.

I don't even know how to respond to this message! I guess let the chicken choking and bean flicking proceed!

Thanks! <3<3<3

I figured it was a good way to spice up the new Steam thread with some puns on masturbation...because, hey why not?

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular

If you can't be doing with the fighting, there's always the latest, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which has all the stuff you like but turns the series into a turn-based JRPG.

Added to the wishlist, but hopefully I'll be able to play 0 before that drops to a decent price.

For now, I've gone back to Death end re;Quest. The story is interesting and I want to see how it plays out.

The battle system is somewhat unique in that it's a turn based system, but it's free roaming and enemies get knocked back across the battle field after getting hit. If an enemy getting knocked hits another enemy, the both take damage. If the enemy hits a teammate, the teammate gives them another hit and sends them flying again. If the knocked enemy hits the edge of the area, they take damage. Also, there's always an area of attack which is different sizes and shapes for different characters. It's fun to guess at the geometry required for getting as many extra hits in as possible and group enemies to set up a teammate with a larger AoE attack. That said, the battles can turn into a bit of a slog at times which is probably why I put it down last fall.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    @Elvenshae Got me good!

5q2eavdvcia6.png

Filthy hobbitses!

Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    @Elvenshae Got me good!

5q2eavdvcia6.png

Filthy hobbitses!

Thanks!
    The Pathfinder games are sooooo good.

The mythic paths in WOTR in particular are really cool.

You want a play as a lich? Of course you do. Roll them d20 bones.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Does that mean its elvenshae's birthday?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Happy birthday Elvenshae!

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    A heads up for the Dune fans: No Man's Sky just started its latest limited-time expedition, which will apparently allow you to unlock a rideable pet sandworm.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    edited October 2021
    Gonna finally start a new playthrough of Baldur's Gate EE and actually finish it this time.

Created a neutral evil blackguard named "Steve The Human".

If you're going to force me to play as a human to use Blackguard, this is what happens.

Dr. Chaos on
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Gonna finally start a new playthrough of Baldur's Gate EE and actually finish it this time.

If you're going to force me to play as a human to use Blackguard, this is what happens.

Should've gone with Haggard the Blackguard.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am still tempted to buy every Resident Evil game (Remake, Remasters II, III, Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil 7, Running Away from a Tall Woman Simulator) and play them.

If I get will and time, Revelations I and Revelations II as well.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Isn't RE4 getting a remake? Maybe skip that one for now...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

Meh it's not something I particularly care about. I'm playing them for NOSTALGIA and to watch Leon jump over lasers.

Aegeri wrote: »

Meh it's not something I particularly care about. I'm playing them for NOSTALGIA and to watch Leon jump over lasers.
    Speaking of nostalgia, heres an indie game patterned after the first RE you might want to check it out.

Haven't played myself but reviews seem positive. If it doesn't have tank controls, its a 0/10 though.

As long as I am inserting Rooster keys into the Chicken door I am all for it.

• SudsSuds Registered User regular
    God of War. Holy shit. I never thought I’d see the day. I bought a PS4 for this game.

camo_sig2.png
    edited October 2021

Speaking of nostalgia, heres an indie game patterned after the first RE you might want to check it out.

Haven't played myself but reviews seem positive. If it doesn't have tank controls, its a 0/10 though.

It does have tank controls.

There's also Tormented Souls, which is a great little RE-type game that I wrote up a bit of a post about here.

There's demos for both available right now.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Holy shit Tormented Souls looks great. Will definitely be looking into that one.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    A heads up for the Dune fans: No Man's Sky just started its latest limited-time expedition, which will apparently allow you to unlock a rideable pet sandworm.

If it doesn’t blare a Toto guitar riff when you climb on the sandworm, the devs have utterly failed

5gsowHm.png
    edited October 2021

It does have tank controls.

There's also Tormented Souls, which is a great little RE-type game that I wrote up a bit of a post about here.

There's demos for both available right now.
    Oh wow, graphics look great on this one.

Dr. Chaos on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    What's on the menu as far as spooky games?

I might drop back into Secret World Legends for a bit- nothing like a little sci-fi/horror MMO to get the old blood pumping.

After that, well... I might drop into Castlevania Collection and see how far I can get in it. These are games I've seen for decades but never got the chance to play.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    Suds wrote: »
    God of War. Holy shit. I never thought I’d see the day. I bought a PS4 for this game.

Sweet! Now c'mon, Ghost of Tsushima.

And hopefully at some point, the tipping effect gets M2 ShotTriggers to quit hiding behind the single dumbest excuse any company has ever made for not releasing on PC. "We'd have to deal with different operating environments. Now check out this trailer for ESP RA.DE, available now on PS4 and Nintendo Switch!"

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Didn't The Secret World severely dumb-down its quests?

If so that seems like a real shame since it was one of the few things going for it. The gameplay was complete shit, even after the update.

I think my Spooky Game for Halloween shall be Call of Cthulhu.

RT800 on
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    My Halloween game should be Alien Isolation finally, because I tell myself each year I'm going to play it. But in reality I'll probably go play Luigi's Mansion 3 instead because it's not pants-shittingly terrifying. Or maybe the Castlevania Advance Collection.

Also, I continue to murder my way across Greece, and I think I should get back to Bloodstained. Praying all my game saves actually are where they're supposed to be . . .

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Let me guess. White guy, short brown hair, stubble, vaguely constipated expression?

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    @Elvenshae Got me good!

5q2eavdvcia6.png

Filthy hobbitses!

Thanks!
    The Pathfinder games are sooooo good.

The mythic paths in WOTR in particular are really cool.

You want a play as a lich? Of course you do. Roll them d20 bones.

I have never seen the appeal of being a dessicated corpse that doesn't die.

But then, when it comes to Mythic Paths, I'm torn between the hippies and the sadists, so I guess I just don't appreciate the lich's cold intellect.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Elvenshae also got me with Pathfinder, which I hear is one of the better digital simulations of tabletop that is available on the market.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00