As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Here are some cool [Wrestling] moves.

facetiousfacetious a wit so dryit shits sandRegistered User regular
edited March 2022 in Social Entropy++

• Options
    SpotlightKeilSpotlightKeil Registered User regular
    I bought a Kenny Omega action figure.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    wrestling move list with no armbars. terrible.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

I keep debating who to buy next to go with my Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy figures. I'm thinking the Lucha Bros, but the new Nyla figure looks amazing in photos so I may have to get her and someone for her to beat up.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

I picked the Undeniable line figure too.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

I keep debating who to buy next to go with my Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy figures. I'm thinking the Lucha Bros, but the new Nyla figure looks amazing in photos so I may have to get her and someone for her to beat up.

Britt's out in that line and Shida is soon. Plus Riho is still in most stores because that face sculpt is terrible.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Someone needs to talk to Tana about his hair today this picture only kind of tells the story

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Shibata just had a 5 min Grappling match with ZSJ and it was LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

then ran back in the ring at the end and did a bump

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    On the subject of WWE changing plans at the last minute so Xavier doesn't win King of the Ring and wanting to keep him happy:

I feel like there could be a disconnect between Vince & Co. and others in the company wherein the latter are more concerned with it.

Or booking the match that way without ever considering or being aware that it might make Woods unhappy.

Or both.

While many of WWE's decisions seem to come from a place of malicious pettiness (or should that be petty maliciousness?), I feel like a good many also just come from not giving a shit about what the people involved think or how it affects them.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    On the subject of WWE changing plans at the last minute so Xavier doesn't win King of the Ring and wanting to keep him happy:

I feel like there could be a disconnect between Vince & Co. and others in the company wherein the latter are more concerned with it.

Or booking the match that way without ever considering or being aware that it might make Woods unhappy.

Or both.

While many of WWE's decisions seem to come from a place of malicious pettiness (or should that be petty maliciousness?), I feel like a good many also just come from not giving a shit about what the people involved think or how it affects them.

All you have to remember is this
    WWE trademarks the term "complaining is not conversation"

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Ok im not going to spoiler this cause its serious

Ibushi did a Phoenix Splash and went face first into the mat looks like they called an audible and stopped the match and called Okada the winner

Edit no he went forearm first

Video is anyone wants to see it

https://streamable.com/lbogf3

Naito at the start and Ibushi now. This G1 is cursed

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    G1 ending was big oof. Sucks but shit happens.
    Ibushi broke his wrist so they had to stop the match.

edit: ok looks like it was a dislocated shoulder

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    First of all, ouch. Second of all, thanks to the video, today I learned about a referee named Red Shoes and that was fun and interesting.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    God, that was a terrible landing on the Phoenix Splash. Poor Ibushi.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    idle thoughts

interested in Deeb + Shida becoming heels, and see how far they are willing to take it

one thing i don't like about Britt's turn as a villain is that she's kind of trying to have it both ways, keeping the crowd on her side, even when she is cheating everyone is cheering for her.. i have to imagine that makes it hard for other performers to maneuver around you, tonally, which makes it hard for others to stand out in her aura. Ruby is the only one who has come close to really sharing the stage with her on equal footing.

i want Actually Evil Shida... Shin Shida

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Found a fun fact on Reddit
    This is Xavier's first ever singles PPV match in his 7 years with WWE

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    That's pretty wild, but he's in one of the most decorated tag teams of all time so it's not as wild as it seems, I guess

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Xavier stated that he has never had original singles music. First it was R Truth’s then Brodus’ and now New Day’s

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I guess now we know what it takes to get a win in your hometown in WWE.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Big Japan remembered they have a youtube channel and uploaded this tag match from earlier in the month, which was the build-up to a singles title match between Takuya Nomura and Daisuke Sekimoto for the Strong World Championship.

Strong BJ vs Astronauts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=715rJ-fyXNU

It's on the shorter side, around 10 minutes. And just an incredibly fun, hard hitting fight between two ridiculously large power dudes and two smaller guys who specialize in strikes and grappling. The sequences involving Fuminori Abe and Yuji Okabayashi are especially good.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    edited October 2021

This match fucking ripped, as expected. So much grappling and growling and then they took off their wrist tape to make it easier to punch each other. So good!

And afterwards Makowski called out that little shit YUTA!

This was easily my favorite episode of Uncharted's new season. In addition to the main, Willow Nightingale vs Megan Bayne was awesome! Trish Adora vs Eel O'Neal was a very good match that was made because Eel felt Trish let their team down last week, and the story is continuing via Jordan Blade. And the current Discovery Gauntlet champs, Waves & Curls, have an incredible big guy/little guy dynamic.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Yeah I cannot recommend enough seeking out that episode of Uncharted Territory on IWTV. Well worth your time; really solid matches from top to bottom (except for the Shook Crew match, which was simply not very good).

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I have actually worried about how far Hangman can go with the "fun alchoholic" schtick.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    I have actually worried about how far Hangman can go with the "fun alchoholic" schtick.

I’m hoping the lean off of it a little bit now. In the last in-ring promo the feel I got was less “I went home and got drunk and now I’m back to kick ass and get drunk” and more “I went home and spent time with my kid and now I’m here to kick ass and say SHIT to get crowd pops”

And I just hope they keep going on that direction.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Just have it be that having the kid put things into perspective and now Hangman's easing off the sauce to be a proper dad and dad's gotta be a champion to provide for his family. Boom, growth, motivation and arc.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    they dont have to have him drinking apple juice on every promo but i still do like the occasional beer chug on the walk out

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

The thing that really got Booker over with WWE fans the first time around was his comedic tag team with Goldust, so this is extra dumb.

• Options
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

The thing that really got Booker over with WWE fans the first time around was his comedic tag team with Goldust, so this is extra dumb.

It’s just weird coming from Booker, what with his Goldust stuff, the Grocery Store Brawl with Austin, the GI Bro era, and his last big run in WWE being the King Bookah gimmick.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    He also said Big E was never going to work unless he stopped being funny, he's at least consistent

Also, "he should ditch the booze to get over," is a strong take given that one of the most popular wrestlers in the history of the business is Stone Cold

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Booker seems to always be saying either something intentionally stupid to troll people and work his friends in the back, or something unintentionally stupid that he actually believes and boy, is it hard to figure which one he's running with most of the time.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Also like, Hangman is already over? Like...really over?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I watched some highlights of the KotR stuff. One of the ladies matches came on and I was highly confused as to what the hell they were wearing. Then I read that the show was in Saudi Arabia.

Oh...oh....

Like, there's so many layers of yuck to unwrap here.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    It has just been pointed out to me that Tyler Murphy, also known as The Vigilante Jolly Roger, is wrestling at ISW Slamtasia tomorrow. Which means I will be seeing with my own two eyes an honest to god Jolly Roger match in the year of our lord 2021.

I am not ready emotionally to process this information.

• Options
    Don't forget to take your V:tM book.

Wait. Shit.

Real strong, facetious.

This discussion has been closed.