As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Got Capybara girl on my first free 10 pull, I'm basically free from this banner

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I got new years ellya and the light bartender 3 star I was wanting to do the light fever bad meme comp, nothing else of note yet though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    New Year’s Ellya is neat, as she gives Water an actually good Skill Damage leader.

Hm. Third free draw dropped Kharo; the new 3-star raised-by-wolves Light girl. I'm intrigued. Her leader skill boosts Light units' attack by 115% when in Fever mode, but does nothing outside of Fever.

I'm wondering if I could use that as a basis for a more offense-oriented Light Fever team (since the Nephteim composition is more about outlasting the enemy).

Maybe like, Kharo/Vyron, Raul/Corrina (or Raul/Finn), and Razelt/Dia? Healing, attack buffs, and things that boost me for getting healed.

Or maybe Keira instead of Vyron, though Vyron is very nice to have...

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Free pull got me Leon, which is a shame. Did one more pull for funsies that didn't end up amounting to anything.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I've been saving a ton of beads since the last couple of banners have been kinda iffy. So I dropped maybe 4 pulls and got the majority of the decent event related stuff from it. Now to figure out where to put them on teams since I got all the bread and butter ones already buffed for all the basic elements. Maybe it's time to mess around with a painbow team.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    Rainbow team concept is to lead it with Alk, right? I think he’s the only character right now who gives you a bonus for including characters of varying elements.

Ok, new Kharo team concept.

Kharo/Naska, Raul/Dia, Corrina/Kaiyu.

Corrina and Kaiyu provide a lot of healing, and Raul fills the meter when healed. Naska lets Kharo down bosses more often, and extends Fever time. Dia also extends Fever time, and gives the team an attack buff. I think this feels like a good plan, in absence of Nephtim.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    banner gave me Noene and Neph this morning! huzzah!

today i got NY Elliya, so that's the set, i'm done until the next great banner comes along, not spending gems on this one.

Picked up Eliya yesterday and Noenne today, so I have the full banner now. I did 3 extra pulls in total, so a pretty modest expense in the end. Not sure if I'm going to try on the Cypher banner or just wait completely until Shiue lands.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Got Noenne but still need NY Eliya. The Noenne animation is pretty cool!

edited October 2021
    eyy got noenne, I think I have all the limited units now
    I did one extra pull on the first day just because I was itching to gamble, got nothing of note from it though

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    ah looks like the free pulls are over? guess I lucked out getting everything

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited October 2021
    I wound up getting 2 of the characters that people were talking up for this banner. Noenne (I got like, 4 duplicates of her; it’s silly), and NY Luluca. Between them, my Fire team is pretty dang great right now; I can juice up power flips like whoa. Right now, the team is Hanabi/Vyron, Enni/NY luluca, and Noenne/Bianca. It’s a lot of fun.

Do wish I got NY Ellya; water needs better units, just in general, from what I hear. I do have a decent enough team using Alice, though, so that’s nice. Dunno, maybe I’ll try getting the lodes for another pull. But probably not. I already did 2 lode pulls in addition to the free ones, and the chance of getting a new unit that’s good is pretty low now. I did also get Liam, tho. He’s not featured on the banner, but he’s a nice Dark unit.

Enlong on
    Ugh. The level 70 Necropolis dungeon for Light teams is just the worst.

Breaking from the usual pattern (where the final boss of a level 70 necropolis is the story boss for the element in question), the first boss is a souped-up Arch Accursed. This one gets real annoying due to how much stuff he summons. Little demons clogging up the battlefield all over, firing bullet waves. If you have a Bruiser leader for the team, then god help you when it comes to breaking the boss's soft spots. There will likely be a bunch of demons standing in front of those spots, and you'll be hard-pressed to clear them out or bypass them without one of the other power flip types. He also just loves to leave mines around to damage you.

The second boss is the Dominator. And if the Arch Accursed spammed too many minions, this one gives you way too few. She puts up a barrier that keeps you from flipping into her one attackable location, until you clear out her minions. Her 3, sparsely-placed, minions. While she keeps summoning turrets and lasers. The targets are spaced so far apart that getting 9 hits for a power flip is very hard to manage without Levitate (which isn't exactly a major part of Light teams). And the longer it takes to take down the shield, the more time the Dominator has to whittle you down with lasers. Even after you drop the shield, the boss has some annoying properties. My favorite is how the turrets are independent of the boss's ability to move. If you paralyze or Down the boss, any turrets that were being summoned still show up and fire, because who needs consistency in game mechanics? The turrets weren't knocked down, so they can keep firing on you. And the boss will re-summon the shield after a short second phase.

And finally, the third boss is Orochi. Orochi isn't strictly a Dark-type boss. It uses every element. Which means that the main defensive gimmick of Light teams - tanks that can take hits for the rest of the team - is severely hampered, because you're probably banking on reduced dark damage dealt to light characters. Try sending Razelt against an enemy that's doing Fire damage, and he'll melt real quick, leaving you with just 2 party members against a big ol' snake. And he's otherwise really good in this dungeon, so this is a real kick in the pants.

And yes! The standard play of stacking Skill damage onto Ellya is quite effective; it's just really annoying that the design of the dungeon basically makes that one of only a few viable approaches, because it lets you sneak past shields and take out off-element snake heads faster.

yep light's one of my strongest elements and I struggle with the 70 dark necropolis

BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm fairly confident that there actually is no "reduced damage from your opposite element" mechanic, so dark damage is not reduced against light damage

liEt3nH.png
    i'm fairly confident that there actually is no "reduced damage from your opposite element" mechanic, so dark damage is not reduced against light damage

No, it's a real thing.You can find it in the game's tutorials (Menu > Other > Help > Battles). As it explains, "Units with an elemental advantage [Wind > Thunder > Water > Fire > Wind, and Light > Dark > Light] will inflict extra damage on foes and take reduced damage".

It does go on to say that a player's units well never take increased damage, even when they are at an elemental disadvantage; these effects are strictly to weaken your enemies. But this just means that you don't take extra damage from being a Thunder unit fighting a Wind enemy. The lack of reduced damage from being at an elemental advantage is effectively taking extra damage, because a lot of fights seem to be tuned with elemental advantage in mind.

It's why you can't just field Razelt or Faf as a tank in every elemental team. They die way faster when tanking hits from the elements they're not designed to take hits from.

edited October 2021
    I'm 80% sure you take the same damage no matter what, EXCEPT there's some specific character abilities that reduce specific element damages. Like Razelt has passive dark resistance in his skills, along with the resist all elements buff from his active ability. So he does take "more" damage against non-dark element enemies.
    e: yeah my Razelt has a massive 40% dark resistance passive that could be as high as 80% if I finished his mana board.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    It's both things. Characters take reduced damage against elements they're strong against, and Razelt has a big passive for Dark damage on top of that.

Check out what happens when you have a team of 2 Wind characters, and 1 lightning character (such as Sha Suzu) against a lightning enemy. The non-wind character will lose health more quickly to the same attacks.

i just auto it with Ellya Light SD, but i have that team fully built.
    it's been the easiest dungeon for me since i built that team first, now i'm struggling with everything else in the necropolis.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the rank 3 dark necropolis is the only one I can auto. But my light team is fully built and kinda stacked with Ellya as the lead.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Yeah, Ellya stuff is really effective. And I absolutely have that as an option.

I'm just kinda salty that the dungeon seems really stacked against other options. I want to try out more of a Fever-based team, using some recent characters I got, but it's a really rough dungeon if you're using a Bruiser or Support flip (and the characters I'm trying are that class), or if you're relying on Razelt to keep characters on their feet.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I saw this title and thought it was a game where you had to renovate planets and then sell them for higher value and now I'm sad that is not a thing...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited October 2021
    World Flipper; the new Dragonball Z game. Become a planet-finder in the Freeza Force, and flip promising worlds to wealthy space-moguls for a tidy space-profit!

Enlong on
    Man, this mini-event is really strange, though I imagine I'd understand it better if I knew anything about the performer in question. The crossover characters don't seem that useful, either, which is a bit of a shame.

Pulled once on Cypher's banner. Didn't get her, but did get Marina, who was the missing piece to my fire team. Running Hanabi/Adil, Noenne/Luluca, Marina/Bianca now. I'll start dumping resources into them once I'm done with my water team.

huh what is this event with the... vtuber I assume? I don't know them
    and are these new banners that weren't in the JP version?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    First pull on the new faces banner, got both Cipher and Cagliostro so I think I did good.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
    First (and possibly only) pull on the new faces banner dropped Adonis. He's not exactly a chase character like Cipher apparently is, but he seems neat. He's like, a cross between a combo unit and a Fever unit. His Skill boosts Fever gauge and his own ATK, plus makes him deal Lightning damage when bumping foes. He gains a significant amount of ATK when the combo is 10 or more, and he has a multi-hit buff when Fever is active.

Main question is if I want his skills more than Christmas Aureo, or Kazuchi. Alternatively, I could pair him with one of those, or with Claw.

huh what is this event with the... vtuber I assume? I don't know them
    and are these new banners that weren't in the JP version?

the banner images are new to global, the actual banners, no.

did three ten-pulls for cypher, first two had zero 5* units, last one had FOUR. got cypher, no more pulls until next actually-good banner!

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I swear to god, nothing feels worse than seeing the pachinko screen pop up during a pull multiple times and the ball completely whiffs each time.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    That’s the worst, yeah. It shouldn’t even appear if the upgrade isn’t happening.

Hell, your 5-stars should just show up in the initial drop. I don’t see a good reason for the pachinko screen at all.

gaming human psychology somehow or other

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited October 2021
    gaming human psychology somehow or other

A good reason, lol

Enlong on
    edited October 2021
    So, on a better note:

The Japan version of the game was recently announced to be getting some form of free-to-play pity system for character draws. You may know that the game already has a pity system, but it's only for paid draws; draw enough with paid stones, and you get Star Silvers, which can be traded for characters. Well, they're adding some additional system (we don't know what exactly just yet) that will add some way of selecting characters after doing enough draws with free stones (possibly by adding a new currency like Star Silvers, but again, not known yet).

And today, it was announced that they're working to bring that system to the global version soon, effectively 2 years ahead of schedule.

It's always nice when we get something like this ahead of schedule. It would be nice to also get some character and mechanic buffs (I hear Poison will become much better later) as well, but this is a good get (depending on how it works).

Enlong on
    Honestly, Kakao has been great for the mobile games I play. Guardian Tales is also run by them and they've been super on top of the community.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Godly Golem is out

it's pretty funny that people are just closing the room if you queue up with anything non-water, considering that every time i've actually done it my wind team was highest damage :o)

liEt3nH.png
    Bad experiences, probably. I’ve had a couple of runs where someone joined with a high-power Murakumo team, and wiped instantly the first time the boss was allowed to use Firestorm. Leaving us with just 2 teams.

Now, a Wind team with Faf or Walter, that’s something different entirely.