As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I grabbed outfits for Mountain, Blaze, and Vigna.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I grinded the heck out of stuff last night, so now Kal'stit and Skadi are both e2 :3 Whatshername (Glaceon? Gladiator? I don't remember, something with a G I think :P) that new girl from the event is e1lvl80 but I'm short on cash to promote her ATM. Also I got antsy so I did two more 10 pulls and got the 5* new character too, so she's somewhere in the middle of e1 atm :3

Skadi e2 is sweet. I love the animated background! I forgot this was a thing they were doing (I think I heard about it back when this was all announced on that Japanese super special stream or whatever that global never gets because screw us peons, we don't get KFC skins... :P). I vaguely recall them saying they want to do this for more characters? Maybe? Surprised they didn't do it for Kal'stit...

Went through all the event missions (hey I didn't slack for a change!). They were kind of stupid easy this time. It's nice to have a "boss" who doesn't just one shot everyone from halfway across the map. Actually used all my currency to get all the money so that's how I was able to afford e2'ing Skadi and Kal'stit haha...

I also ended up buying that top operator thing. Since I have everyone, picked Surtr because +1 seconds of invulnerability at 1hp? Hell yes please!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    The Live 2D thing is supposed to be for limited-time characters going forward. Swimsuit Ch'en gets it and Nian has it on CN and should be updated for us at some point (probably 2nd anniversary?). Then I imagine somewhere down the road Dusk will also get it (probably next time she shows up on a banner).

Lorek on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    rosmontis and W are also limited, and w at least is very popular so i expect she'll get it at least.

kal'tsit is in the training room for s3m3 right now, gonna start skalter s2m3 after that. finished all the mats up this morning. then i guess i'll probably do skalter s3 for +atk memes.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It took me 213 pulls yesterday.
    2 Spooks (Magallan then Saria).
    1 W.
    2 Kal'tsit.
    Then finally Skadi.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    rosmontis and W are also limited, and w at least is very popular so i expect she'll get it at least.

kal'tsit is in the training room for s3m3 right now, gonna start skalter s2m3 after that. finished all the mats up this morning. then i guess i'll probably do skalter s3 for +atk memes.

Are those the skills to go for? I literally haven't looked at anything yet but I probably should start working on masteries.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Skalter s2m3 is a great fire and forget skill and will be what you use probably 80% of the time. S3M3 is for either attack memes, or maps where you really need an on demand stupid high attack buff. I haven't looked at future CCs too much, but I imagine that S3 will be preferred for high risk stuff just for dealing with annoying waves (though S2 is still really, really good and probably works nearly as well).

For Kal I think both s2 and S3 are nice, but true damage feels like a stronger/rarer niche so that's what I'm training first (M2 is currently cooking, have the mats for m3 ready).

Either way I'll end up M6ing both of them eventually.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    S3M3 going on Mudrock. Probably will work towards the same for Kal next.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I haven't had much luck pulling for any of the new units. Got 3 Akafuyu's and 1 Platinum. :bigfrown:

As far as farming goes, whats the best way to farm these events? Just choose a level that has an item drop you're looking for, and just farm that till you have enough event money for what you want to buy?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    I haven't had much luck pulling for any of the new units. Got 3 Akafuyu's and 1 Platinum. :bigfrown:

As far as farming goes, whats the best way to farm these events? Just choose a level that has an item drop you're looking for, and just farm that till you have enough event money for what you want to buy?

Basically yeah. The later event stages usually have better efficiency than permanent stages for their item drops so most people just end up spamming those and building up a huge stock of that particular item.

In this event, for example, SV-7 and SV-8 are about equal to the permanent stages for their respective drops, while SV-9 is much better than normal for Integrated Devices. Since I need a ton of those anyways, and they are basically always useful because they are used a lot for crafting high end mats, I am pretty much gonna live in SV-9 until the event is over.

This is my go to sheet for arknights farming needs, shows the best farming spots for each mat and regularly updates for events.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NakocJ9Ky0I

Arknights Anime announced.

They're making it internally.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u82r6NIkTbU

This is the animated short that their internal studio (Yostar Pictures) produced for their first anniversary. It was pretty nice; interested to see what they do on a TV anime production schedule though.

The other big news from the stream was a new Kazimierz major event along with the usual new ops (Flametail escapes NPC jail as a 6* vanguard, Nearl the Radiant Knight as a limited 6* guard), and a permanent roguelike mode (basically IS2 except permanent) featuring Phantom and his troupe.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    And, I just got 2 more Akafuyus... back to back.

This is just not my banner!

On the plus side, I got SilverAsh to E2 today! I think I'll be focusing on Cuora next. Though, should I level up Gladiia, if they make the harder stages focus on the new units' strengths?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Gladiia is probably not going to be a game changer even for the EX stages. If you don’t currently have anyone else to build at the moment go for it.

In the past stages might have favored a new unit but none I can recall where it was an appreciable difference over meta operators.

• Options
    'Oh hey, these are interesting new mechanics'
    /proceeds to ignore them with the absolute power of Thorns/Saria

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Wooo! Finally got a 6* from the banner on the free pull today! It was....
    W! I don't even know who that is!

So, Skadi and Kal'tsit still elude me. :(

Also, in other news, holy cow does SilverAsh's E2 just obliterate things! My auto deploy on SV-9 was a little flaky using E1 SilverAsh, but having him leveled to lvl 40ish as E2, activated that ability, and the slicing and dicing was crazy. Killed the boss about halfway through the level!

Also, I had a really rough time with the contingency contract (I think thats the name, the daily map with the choose your own debuffs) map. I tried all the ways I could think of to trigger the caster mobs 1 at time so I wouldn't just get swarmed, but I just couldn't pull it off. The best I could do was using Gravel to keep summoning and triggering one at a time, but the plan never quite came all together.

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    On the plus side, W is another limited-time unit from the 1st anniversary that's a repeat on this banner (will a very low pull rate, so uh.. congrats on that least?).
    So you at least got a 6* unit that you couldn't have pulled on any normal banner.

• Options
    I was feeling like I wanted to pull again so I did a couple more at lunch... first 10 pull was garbage all 4*/3* (I swear this should not be a thing, it's an insult). Second pull, two 6*s - Skadi and Kal'tsit :D haha... so now both of those are +1.

• Options
    I'm only like 70 pulls away from the 300 pity; I'll probably end up buying out the yellow cert shop when it refreshes and blowing all those and a bit more to get the pity. I mean, I should save for the new Ch'en since that's probably only two months away... but what is self control?

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    I'm only like 70 pulls away from the 300 pity; I'll probably end up buying out the yellow cert shop when it refreshes and blowing all those and a bit more to get the pity. I mean, I should save for the new Ch'en since that's probably only two months away... but what is self control?

I'm doing the same thing because I'm an utter moron.

Like, I should 100% be saving pulls for future limiteds instead of throwing stuff at this banner, especially since I already have everything I want and more from it, but my brain sees that I technically could spark by buying out the November yellow certs + throwing a few more pulls and, whoops, my hand slipped.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »

I'm doing the same thing because I'm an utter moron.

Like, I should 100% be saving pulls for future limiteds instead of throwing stuff at this banner, especially since I already have everything I want and more from it, but my brain sees that I technically could spark by buying out the November yellow certs + throwing a few more pulls and, whoops, my hand slipped.

This happened to me last limited banner :/ The sparks are mean like that. This time I'm telling myself I don't wanna spend money so I don't care about sparks (and all the rolls I've done so far have been with tickets or existing currency :P Not that I didn't buy a bunch of the new special packs but that's more cuz they were a good value :3)

• Options
    At least chen alter doesn’t seem particularly meta. This banner is a lot spicier from what I can tell

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Unfortunately Chen alter is incredibly good.

Like, "more DPS than Silverash S3" good.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Meh, how many large aoe dps operators do you need at some point.

I’m sure she’s good but like, I’m not hurting for aoe dps.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Yeah, like you'll still be perfectly fine without her, it's mostly that she does a metric fuck ton of damage while also filling a few really nice niches that make her stand out. She's a high ground op (not necessarily a strength but does differentiate her from Silverash, which is otherwise her easiest comparison), true AOE in that she hits everyone in her range with no target cap (not usually relevant but it is nice), has the same ammo system as Ash that gives her a lot more flexibility in controlling her downtime (50 SP cost for her s3, but you can cancel it early to get it recharging faster) and for some fucking reason her s3 also comes with an AOE -45% slow and -220 DEF for anyone she hits. This is in addition to the +100% atk, +150% damage boost and double strike on every hit. It's just an incredibly dumb, overloaded skill, and easily the strongest M3 in the game currently.

Her only real downsides are her DP cost (32 at e2) and the fact that her s3 needs 20 seconds before it's ready at m3. So she does significantly more damage and has better total uptime than Silverash, but her higher cost and longer initial charge time means that she is much worse as a quick helo drop.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    So, how does W rank in terms of usefulness? Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have a long list of E2 prospects:

Already promoted: SilverAsh, Myrtle, Exusiai, Ptilopsis
    Actively looking to promote: Eyjafjalla, Siege, Cuora, Specter, Amiya
    Next in line after them: Mudrock, Rosa, Texas, Hoshiguma

Where would you rank W in there?

• Options
    edited October 2021
    W is niche, but very strong in her niche.

The problem with AOE snipers is that they are very expensive and have a relatively slow attack speed, so if you aren't getting mileage out of their splash damage it is hard to justify using them.

On the other hand, the long attack range is very nice on certain maps, and W in particular can really cripple dangerous waves with her skill 2 stun mines. She's particularly good in most annihilation style maps, or anywhere else with a steady stream of multi enemy waves.

I'd say she's a luxury, but a useful luxury. Eyja (completely busted, promote her asap) and a solid block 3 op that can solo hold a lane (mudrock, specter, hoshi) would be a higher priority, but you'd get solid use out of her.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Huzzah!

Skadi Alter showed up today.

• Options
    Refresh a recruitment slot this morning into Top Operator, Crowd-Control, Senior Operator, Survival, and Shift.

I took the 50/50 and pulled Hellagur.

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Refresh a recruitment slot this morning into Top Operator, Crowd-Control, Senior Operator, Survival, and Shift.

I took the 50/50 and pulled Hellagur.

I still hate how they throw all the good tags into one thing so it's like "Here's Top Operator and here's all the fuck you tags you won't get to pick" :P

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Huzzah!

Skadi Alter showed up today.

I too got new Skadi today!!! 😁

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cle4sQutp4

Really dig Nearl Alter's theme

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Almost done with the event - knocked out like half the EXs last night. I might just look up solutions for the later ones because even EX-4 was getting annoying (stupid stunning guys). I'm on track for the store medal this time so I dunno wtf I screwed up last time to be so off.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    got around to new annihilation since event ended and can spend sanity on things other than mat farming

wow this new map was absurdly simple

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    got around to new annihilation since event ended and can spend sanity on things other than mat farming

wow this new map was absurdly simple

Same and same. I did look up a guide (since honestly I can't be bothered for fucking 400 enemies) but it was basically "put some guys here and afk"

• Options
    And now the hoarding begins anew! Stock up again until end of the year, which is probably when Swimsuit Model 3 is going to drop.
    In the meanwhile, time to knock out the last two medals I have to get. I hit rank 120 during the Under Tides event, so now I just have two left. Have to finally go back and complete the chapter 8 H-levels and then grind Savage up to 200% Trust for the last paradox simulation medal.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    And now the hoarding begins anew! Stock up again until end of the year, which is probably when Swimsuit Model 3 is going to drop.
    In the meanwhile, time to knock out the last two medals I have to get. I hit rank 120 during the Under Tides event, so now I just have two left. Have to finally go back and complete the chapter 8 H-levels and then grind Savage up to 200% Trust for the last paradox simulation medal.

I really need to restock on XP card things. They just go so fast :/ Really wish they're rebalance those and money to not be so incredibly expensive. Especially since both are *required* to level each operator, unlike other games where maybe you can get XP from just doing missions and stuff or grinding special levels. (at a minimum I'd love them to lower the total LMD cost from e1 lvl 1-80 because it's absurd and I think more than the cost to e2 someone which you ALSO need to pay)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    running a 2/5/2 base has helped me, but I only put in 40 of the T3 Battle Records per day so that I stay mostly even on EXP/LMD per day just from base production. This is slow, but allows me to focus on a single Operator at a time and get them built over the course of 7-10 days.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Uggg, I have a setup for that annihilation map but somehow occasionally there is exactly one leak and I never catch where it's coming from (fuck watching 400 guys go through). I don't see anyone dead so it must be something not dying fast enough and slipping through the tanks, but I dunno... *sigh*

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Uggg, I have a setup for that annihilation map but somehow occasionally there is exactly one leak and I never catch where it's coming from (fuck watching 400 guys go through). I don't see anyone dead so it must be something not dying fast enough and slipping through the tanks, but I dunno... *sigh*

The key to fixing Annihilation setups less boringly is to take note of the kill count where something occurred and then narrowing it down. Are you still good at 350 kills? Issues around 375? I had to fix a leak in the 375 to 400 countdown, it's honestly the only even slightly pressing segment.