As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Smash Bros Fighter Pass ∞ - Congratulations! (Village wins)

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    [*] Locus was vigged and mafia killed
    Somehow I managed to pull off being both too suspicious and too villagery.

Special hunting is hard, I suspect.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Whew, what an interesting start.

I was a guard.

Day 1 - Vig and Mafia try to shoot me. No extra kills for the day and Lucedes connects to understand why their Vig shot didn't land.
    Day 2 - Mafia bus drove me onto premium. Some confusion here, but premium was also a guard, so we were both guarded, and their kill didn't land (not sure who was targeted, premium or me). Seer targets premium and lands on me because of bus drive.

So, on Day 3, myself, Lucedes (Vig), and Calica (Seer) were networked.

From there, Calica seered Kime and mrpaku, but because Thralls exist, they weren't pulled into a group PM.

A good vote out of Bucketman along with a good shot by Lucedes on MamaWolf, and we went into yesterday knowing 2 names that seered village, the 3 specials alive, Locus (who led Bucketman vote), and the 3 unknowns (Wildcat, Aura, 38th).

Literally all the good things that could happen to the village happened here to build a fast network and keep people alive long enough to narrow the list of possible mafia. Plus, no mafia thrall infiltrated a network, so they didn't have a picture of who else might be a special out there.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    But the most important question remains: mrpaku, were you Q-Bert?

q3c0qxnfpbll.png

sfzxzyer5yz0.png

5133e5ijozyx.png

Damn right! 8-)

I also finally got to 10 coins! But, the village win ended up making them unnecessary, so I'm not sure what lesson was ultimately learned here

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    2 guards a seer and a vig is a lot for a 16 player game! Especially with potential Resurrection.

Also 2 of the mafia just died to the smash matches.
    I'm not saying mafia loss wasn't the mafia's fault, we had some confusion on orders being submitted one day. That being said I can't see this ending any other way then village victory.

I had a lot of fun playing. Thanks for running @H3Knuckles

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Finished the game technically alive and undefeated in smash, despite never once having an arena/items/etc that advantaged me

Keep telling yourself that, lightweight

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    2 guards a seer and a vig is a lot for a 16 player game! Especially with potential Resurrection.

Also 2 of the mafia just died to the smash matches.
    I'm not saying mafia loss wasn't the mafia's fault, we had some confusion on orders being submitted one day. That being said I can't see this ending any other way then village victory.

I had a lot of fun playing. Thanks for running @H3Knuckles

This pretty much took the words from my mouth! Great game overall!! Thanks @H3Knuckles

Also here is the Mafia discord:
    https://discord.gg/Spy9A24e

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Lucedes wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Also glad no-one questioned where that bye on Calica came from...

i did! but Calica seered me night one, so i just asked her. :rotate:

Ah
    Mafia got told by H3 without asking.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thanks for running! I'm super amused at Austin's story here, how the mafia found a special, so busdrove in order to bypass the guard and kill the special, but they busdrove with the other guard :D:D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile

I was a guard.

Day 1 - Vig and Mafia try to shoot me. No extra kills for the day and Lucedes connects to understand why their Vig shot didn't land.

Sounds like you should have died N1 also.
    Normally a guard only blocks the first kill.

I was a guard.

Eh. That varies a lot. I'd actually say that normally it would block all kills? Well OK, normally it's not specified :P

Steam profile
    I guess technically the way H3 worded it, it sounds like all attacks
    You are a special Village role, the Guard. Each night you can protect one player of your choice (including yourself) from attacks.

What I've really learned from this is that it was my time to eat a Day 1 death, so I'll be expecting that next game.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Could guards self guard as well then?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited October 2021
    Yep

I self guarded Day 1 and Day 2, then guarded Seer and Vig Days 3 and 4

AustinP0027 on
    oh yikes.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Yeah like day 3 me and Austin were both guarded, so when you bus drove us to try and get around a guard...

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

I was a guard.

Eh. That varies a lot. I'd actually say that normally it would block all kills? Well OK, normally it's not specified :P

Yeah this kinda changes from game to game

Wow, that's ... a lot of special power there.

@Calica @Bucketman Hey hope you two enjoyed the game and join in next game too.

Speaking of, who is next?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Wildcat wrote: »

What all did the mafia have? A kill, obviously. The busdrive, which is powerful. Anything else?

Steam profile

I was a guard.

Nah.
    Pretty much always it's been it only blocks the first attack so that you don't get days like day 1 where everyone attacks the same target and gets blocked by the same one guard, slowing the game down markedly.
    Usually it's so that the SK can double-tap with the Mafia rather than the Mafia and vig.

It's also a bit disappointing that the village network was built from self-guards instead of actual verified villagers who were guarded and then saved from the Mafia.
    Need more mafia guards apparently.

I still think you're wrong on the guards, although it only comes up once every 4 years or something :P

Steam profile
    It's possible that it's only specified when it's specified so it just seemed that way.
    Also someone needs to guard 38th from Rogue Legacy, just why

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    The guards were super effective at confirming villagers, since none of my kills went through until day 3 and actually, looking at it, even my final mafia vig was busdriven onto Locus instead. Wellllllll…

How so?
    Self-guarding doesn't make you villager.

How so?
    Self-guarding doesn't make you villager.

That is a bit of a risky assumption yeah. Often SKs get one free guard a game, or a single mafia member will, or such.

Steam profile
    edited October 2021
    Like, guards can confirm by blocking the Mafia kill on someone else and then contacting them, which is what likely happened N2 with the self-guards being bus driven.
    But that's the guards knowing the alignment of the guarded.

discrider on

I'm so close, I can reach it! Its ours! Yours and Mine!

f9h5h3knxx5h.png

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

What all did the mafia have? A kill, obviously. The busdrive, which is powerful. Anything else?

Thralls also. Not that it did anything this game because neither of them were seered the whole game.

38thDoe wrote: »

I'm so close, I can reach it! Its ours! Yours and Mine!

f9h5h3knxx5h.png

I reckon if I swung you over there, I could get both of you to fall into the abyss.

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I was Thrall from Warhammer. I got lucky early on - seered Lucedes/vig on night 1, and then we figured out Austin was a village guard because both night 1 kill attempts on them failed. Then on night 2 I tried to seer premium, which told us who Austin got switched with by the bus driver.

I definitely had fun! Thanks for running, H3Knuckles :biggrin:

A lot of people were saying this was a quiet game. I assume there's usually more in-thread discussion when there's more data to work with early on? My impression as a new player was that there just wasn't much to talk about, and without that all you've got is banter and roleplay, which is fun but not very helpful in game terms. Unless you're intentionally stirring the pot, I guess.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021

@kime We only had the Busdrive ability that during game became a power that could also Busdrive ressurection s if done right and wildcat was a Thrall. I believe that's it.

MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Calica wrote: »
    I was Thrall from Warhammer. I got lucky early on - seered Lucedes/vig on night 1, and then we figured out Austin was a village guard because both night 1 kill attempts on them failed. Then on night 2 I tried to seer premium, which told us who Austin got switched with by the bus driver.

A lot of people were saying this was a quiet game. I assume there's usually more in-thread discussion when there's more data to work with early on? My impression as a new player was that there just wasn't much to talk about, and without that all you've got is banter and roleplay, which is fun but not very helpful in game terms. Unless you're intentionally stirring the pot, I guess.

Yeah, when more people die there's usually more to talk about. Weird coincidences this game lol

Steam profile

Please come back! Was great working with you, and this isn't your typical game in thread. Usually the thread is loaded with conversation and it's the softnetworking behind the scenes that can sometimes be sparse (for example, when people can't be trusted, so less you're willing to share).

It's also the case that the thread gets more quiet the more people get into the village network, as networked people no longer feel the need to justify themselves in thread.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I really appreciate everyone's character assignments

No, I was the thrall!

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2021

No, I was the thrall!

Hah, I was really disappointed there wasn't more of a reaction to there being characters named Miller (Last of Us) and Thrall (Warcraft) after the clarification about millers and thralls. I can't tell you how many times I got a big goofy grin thinking of that in the days leading up to the game. Of course there were the roles as well, but I was kind of hoping people would be thrown off and think it was just a joke, or at least get a couple good groans for it.

Writing up host notes now, sorry for the delay everyone.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular

No, I was the thrall!

Hah, I was really disappointed there wasn't more of a reaction to there being characters named Miller (Last of Us) and Thrall (Warcraft) after the clarification about millers and thralls. I can't tell you how many times I got a big goofy grin thinking of that in the days leading up to the game. Of course there were the roles as well, but I was kind of hoping people would be thrown off and think it was just a joke, or at least get a couple good groans for it.

Hey, I introduced myself to Lucedes as 'Warchief of the Horde, seer, and possible bad pun"!

No, I was the thrall!

uh sorry, dropped the ball there.
    First question was
    - Am I the vig
    Followed by
    - I am a boring gun guy booooo

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    I hadn’t been the vig in like four or five years

Totally forgot to call, then just committed to not calling because of multiple guards and a bus driver.