As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The most wonderful time for a [BEER]

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    user wrote: »
    Is Heady Topper not full distribution? I can find it on local grocery store shelves a couple times a year, here in San Diego.

Nope. I believe it only has very limited distribution inside New England.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That made me think of Hoptometrist and now I want some hoptometrist

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm drinking Sloop Brewing Co.'s Oktoberfest for the first time and it's very good!

I don't know anything about Sloop brewing, tho. Never seen em around here before but my guess is they're probably outta NC.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

You're telling me. I went to the grocery store and they were temporarily out of it.

What is this bullshit life?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

You're telling me. I went to the grocery store and they were temporarily out of it.

This is the worst news ever! How will you send me my contractually obligated annual Hoptometrist if you can’t find it?!?

• Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

This is the worst news ever! How will you send me my contractually obligated annual Hoptometrist if you can’t find it?!?

I mean, are you organizing Secret Saints this year? Do I already have the mailing labels written out on one of my last remaining sheets of owl stationary? Have I got salsa packing supplies stashed in my guest bedroom closet? Do you need this beer ahead of the holiday season due to professional or personal stresses?

These are the questions that demand answers. Whether or not Roughtail Brewing is still putting Hoptometrist up for sale is, happily, not one of them.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I will be organizing Secret Saints until I die…or this forum closes

• Options
    Well, then.

w5xl4x45fh1b.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Salsa Santa or general purpose Santa?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'd be up for some Salsa Santa this year, yes indeed.

• Options
    Heck yeah

• Options
    I can’t do secret Satan but I think I can do a salsa exchange

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    One of my favorite days if the year, volunteering at Dry Dock's anniversary party.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    I wish somebody would have gotten an outdoor beerfest together around here.

There's a fest that I like happening this Saturday but it's inside the Field Museum in Chicago and is massively crowded under normal circumstances, so that's going to be a big old hard pass from me this year.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, we have several out here in The Region

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ketar wrote: »
    I wish somebody would have gotten an outdoor beerfest together around here.

There's a fest that I like happening this Saturday but it's inside the Field Museum in Chicago and is massively crowded under normal circumstances, so that's going to be a big old hard pass from me this year.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, we have several out here in The Region

Hmm. Tempting, thanks, but long drive and enjoying a beer festival don't feel like they go together well. My wife and I went to Dark Lord Day at Three Floyds once and opted to Uber it, and that made it a much more expensive day. Hopefully something else will come up out this way. That cider and ale festival at the Arboretum would be perfect if my son didn't have a big Scouts event right in the middle of it.

• Options
    ahe1xsb70l4o.jpg

<2 nickels meme.jpg>

But joking aside, must be a terrible time to be trying to name beers.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    viywrtoau5er.jpeg

We adopted an alcoholic kitten apparently

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Dogfish Heads "Utopias" which is their World Wide Stout aged in the barrels that create Sam Adams Utopia is really good and worth the $30 for a four pack.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Hey if anybody was curious Narragansett's Shandy is fucking disgusting.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    But Old Rasputin Imperial Stout is really really good! :)

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

Once I moved out to New England I tried their usual lager and it was like "do I want to pay more for something virtually indistinguishable from Rolling Rock? Have never bothered trying any of their other offerings since.

• Options
    I can't finish it. It's like gross water with Dawn lemon scented dish soap in it.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Gansett is very much the Natty Bo of New England.

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Well that's just goosey nonsense.

probably been 5 years since I've had any, the way that I enjoy it back then.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I had to go get a good beer to cleanse my spirit so now I'm sipping on the Straffe Hendrick Christmas Quad and I feel my energy realigning.

• Options
    I love Christmas beers

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The box with my star San and a few other important bits and bobs for brewing got thrown out.

Bummer.

I was hoping to get to finally brew some more Mead this winter since I might have space for it at my friend's place.

• Options
    I got a case of beer at Costco, Beers of Cheer:
    24 unique beers, 13 delightful styles, 7 different breweries.

They give you an order you can drink them in, and honestly, it makes a bit of sense.

I haven't started it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Options
    This one?
    eunwnsj0se3x.jpg

I was eyeing it when I was at Costco Monday

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hardywood's Rum Barrel Pumpkin is, while not my favorite pumpkin beer, one of the better ones I've had.

• Options
    This one?
    eunwnsj0se3x.jpg

I was eyeing it when I was at Costco Monday

No, but I saw that one too. That little spiel I wrote about the types was on the box (I'm not that clever)

• Options
    Christmas beers? I'm barely transitioning from Oktoberfest to pumpkin beers.

Speaking of which Buffalo Bill's Black Pumpkin Oatmeal Stout is solid.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Prairie skipped Basic Becky this year and jumped straight to Christmas Bomb, which is sad. Pumpkin spice imperial stout is exactly my jam.

Ah, well. Christmas Bomb is great too, and they've already released the gift set where you can get four bottles and a glass for about the price of two bottles.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    The most wonderful time of year

kq8ycvxwycv5.jpeg

• Options
    Fuck. The game is afoot!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I love that beer, but it makes such a mess when I read the label.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Stone, they have closed the Napa location and it's permanent.

Landlord issue from the sounds of it - Stone wanted to defer payments due to the last two years, things went to court, they got ruled against and have folded the spot.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    My kids gets me
    fxpi8955i2kj.jpg

BTW, that is a horrible beer. Way too sweet, but I grabbed it on a whim at Aldi.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    My kids gets me
    fxpi8955i2kj.jpg

BTW, that is a horrible beer. Way too sweet, but I grabbed it on a whim at Aldi.

The nice thing about bad Aldi beers is they're cheap

• Options
    The absolute worst cider I've ever had in my life came from Aldi.

It tasted like worcestershire sauce. Literally undrinkable.