As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T 2021 Secret Santa! Until next jolly mission…

RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
edited February 2022 in Games and Technology
Need more !!!!!
Alright, doing the similar thing to last year where we combine our list with SE++ to get new victims giftees/gifters.

I know it's been a rough yearwhile, so don't feel pressured to join. You can get holiday joy from watching:

7noyf0g.jpg

Yes, its that time of year again!

What is this?
It's pretty much Secret Santa, except with partial strangers. From the internet. Like your parents may have warned you about.
You sign up, you buy a forumer a gift, you get a gift, you post your gift on the thread, we all experience the joy that comes from getting gifts from strangers that are probably better than the gifts your own family gets you.
We've been having smaller participation these past years, so I suggested we merge some Secret Santa threads to make an ultimate forum one. I, of course, didn't do that again this year, so right now we're merging participant lists with SE++. If this makes you sad, it shouldn't. We'll do sign ups here, merge lists between what @Brolo gets and what I get, then send out assignments.

How does it work?
(1) Read this entire post
(2) Sign up using the instructions below
(3) Wait until I dole out your Santee (person you are expected to give a gift to)
(4) Stalk your Santee and figure out what he or she likes
(5) Buy your Santee something they will like
(6) You, yourself, will receive a gift. Take pictures of it and post them. This is not optional.
(7) Take joy in an awesome tradition of happiness and goodwill towards your fellow Penny-Arcade forumers!

Rules:
1. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount.
2. International people are allowed. If you have some super big problem with it, let me know in your sign up email, but I cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."
3. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans. If you have less than 500 posts and nobody else knows you, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (Exceptions are known significant others of folks, PA staff, etc)
4. People who do not send gifts will be banned.
5. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. CONVERSELY, TRY TO SEND PEOPLE THINGS YOU THINK THEY WILL LIKE BASED ON WHAT THEY POST.
6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.
7. You MUST have a wishlist post. You can make it in this thread. It can link to Amazon or some other website with multiple ideas. Just because you consider yourself well-known doesn't mean people will know what to get for you.

SIGNUP:

Send an EMAIL where the subject is YOUR FORUM NAME to secretsatans2021@gmail.com with the following information (before November 14th):
Your REAL NAME
Your MAILING ADDRESS
Your CELL PHONE NUMBER
Your PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
Your PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS
Your LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST. You can make your posts in this thread, make sure they are linked in your email before you sign up. Don't fuck this up!

Hey a heads up - if you have allergies, incompatibilities, or other restrictions on gifts you can receive, please put those guidelines in your wishlist posts! Some people are going to be sending home-made treats and food as gifts, and it would suck if anyone breaks into hives upon opening their package. Look out for each other, my dudes.

Example email:
SUBJECT: Forumer_69420

MAILING ADDRESS: 23 my address
wherever, wherever, USA
CELL PHONE NUMBER:( 555) - 555 5555

PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Yes
PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS: Yes
LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28316347#Comment_28316347

For gifters, if your receiver has not gotten their gift by the gifting deadline (March something), you will be banned, no exceptions.

For receivers, once you receive your gift, you are to post that it has been received. Please do this within 2 days of receipt and before January 31st.

Q&A Section:

Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Sorry duder - contact @Brolo or @Radiation if you unexpectedly find that you can't afford a gift, but if you're in any doubt about whether you have the financial stability for Satans, please sign up for Saints instead!

Q: I don't want to give suggestions, because I <goose reasoning that I don't care about>
A: Then don't sign up. Because if you don't give suggestions, you won't be allowed in.[/i]

If you have any questions about your giftee, or if you get confused by the process, you can PM me or any of our amazing imps, such as @Brolo or the amazing @lonelyahava or @Proxy the Elf .

Past Highlights

2020 thread
2019 thread
2018 thread
2017 thread
2016 thread

Will update these spreadsheets:
Gift spreadsheet for last year

PSN: jfrofl
Sterica on

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Here's the great @ post. I'm sorry if you haven't been able to participate in a while. I'm just stealing my previous work because I am lazy and don't want to spend time purging and adding:
    Radiation wrote: »

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Ok but I ONLY want NSFW gifts is this allowed?

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I kinda thought we just weren't doing it this year.

I'll think about it.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm in for the first time in a few years. Super excited to join in again!

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I'm in! I gotta send sign up later, but thanks Radiation for the @!

EDIT: Please don't put anything about satan on the package/packaging. I know we're combining G&T with SE++ again but I really would rather not get anything with satan written on it. Thank you!

Hints/Suggestions
    Ok, I'm open to all sorts of ideas, because I like trying new things, but I'll give a quick overview of what I enjoy currently if it helps. If there's something you enjoy, feel free to try and pull me into enjoying it as well.
    I apologize I haven't been as active on the forums. I'm hanging out and doing more now on the Discord server, which may make things here more difficult?

Consolidated multiple Amazon lists into one. It's not perfect, but should give a few ideas: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3BT25T6I1FKVK?ref_=wl_share

Books/Movies: I don't read much, but I do enjoy audiobooks. I recently finished Dune for the second time to refresh my memory for the movie, and currently listening to Dune: Messiah. Not enjoying it as much, but it's something to listen to as I drive. I watch whatever movies look cool. Marvel, action movies, sci-fi, etc. I don't care for horror.

Video Games: We've got a Switch in our household (3 technically, but 2 are my kids') that we share. We've got the big names: Zelda, Mario, Smash, Pokemon. If there's something in particular I'll try and make sure Backloggery (https://backloggery.com/arcsyn) stays up to date.

Board Games: This is my current obsession, even though I don't play as much as I'd like. (https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/ArcSyn) I'm hoping to take part in the PAX: Unplugged game trade, but we'll see. I've got a game table, so accessories to games (dice trays, towers, poker chips, coins, bits, etc) are always good too.

Toys/Other: I enjoy Hanayama style puzzles. I've got the NSEW and Spiral puzzles so far. My most recent dive is into Gunpla. I built the OG RX-78-2 and just picked up a RG Gundam Wing model and some very basic nippers. So cool looking models or better tools would be good.

Family: I'm married, and we have 5 kids. 14yo, 8yo, and 5yo girls; and 13yo and 10yo boys. They're into Pokemon, Pokemon cards, board games, video games, etc.

Oh, and I'm also part of the CF Secret Santa, so please specify somewhere so I know where to send the thank you post!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2021
    I kinda thought we just weren't doing it this year.

I'll think about it.
    I actually just logged on to PM Radiation about it, haha. Saved me a few minutes!

Let the festivities begin!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Typing up my email now.

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

Edited for Suggestions/Wishlist
    Wishlist/Suggestions: Lately I have been playing less video games and
    more tabletop RPG's (D&D Specifically). We moved this year and I have
    my own space (the whole basement) to play and most recently craft and
    build terrain in. I have also started to paint minis (the paints I use
    are mostly the Army Painter made D&D paints but I dabble in Citadel)
    and have an Elegoo Saturn 3D printer that I use all the time.

I've also been looking for cool artwork for my basement as well. If you are
    interested in my Wishlist just look me up on Amazon, I have them all
    organized into sections (because I'm a nut like that)

Misc - https://amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1TIPE4WJWFJ4X
    D&D Books - https://amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/APL5JDX8J31F
    Pain supplies - https://amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2Y6H5LWGNHYZJ
    Terrain Building - https://amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/36T0VJ7XTXH7G

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Think I'm going to pass this year, though I'll likely be back next time around. We've just had a lot going on and Christmas is already going to be hectic, and I like being able to give my all to these things. I hope everybody still has a healthy dose of fun and cheer though~

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I am totally in.

Will sign up officially when I’m back from this camping thing.

Official sign-up sent! Wishlist info below, largely stolen from last year:
    So, I have a really hard time putting these together. And, primarily, I get a huge kick out of getting random stuff that people think I would like. I'm a huge fan of getting to try whatever your regional specialty is or whatever you think is cool. :D I've received books, games, LEGO stuff, candy from foreign lands ...

I'm looking to start painting some miniatures soon - since my Battletech Clan Invasion order finally arrived a couple of days ago, and I don't have much in the way of painting supplies. I've got a set of Citadel Shades that I got for my Armada fighters and the brush it came with; I picked up a couple of rattlecans of black and white Army Painter primers, I've got a US model colors set from Vallejo, an intro brush set ... and that's basically it. The rest of my "painting" was done with ultrafine colored Sharpies. (The Armada fighters look pretty solid on the table with only that much added to them.) I'll be painting at least a handful of my Battletech minis in Oosik parade colors.

My online "dealer" is Delphi Glass. I get most of my stained glass supplies from them, but, like, the exact pieces of glass I need are going to depend pretty heavily on whatever project I decide to do next vs. what I already have on-hand, and the, uh, capital equipment, for lack of a better term, is pretty expensive (e.g., an electric ring saw is a couple hundred dollars; they're kinda specialized power tools, so they've got a captive market). I haven't felt like investing that much money in my hobby, just yet, and so I just don't do patterns that would primarily benefit from being able to cut under like that kind of saw would allow. Since I mostly make my own patterns, I can cheat like that. :D

I've been playing (primarily) D&D and other RPGs for, like, 30 years, and I've got a collection of RPG books that's frankly too big. :D It includes books from: basic D&D, AD&D, 2nd Ed, 3.X, 4E, (never really bought into 5E), Pathfinder, PF2E, 13th Age, All the Matt Colville books; Fate, Tachyon Squadron; Fragged Empires, Fragged Aeternum, Fragged Seas, Fragged Kingdom; Star Wars d6, d20, d20 Revised, Saga Edition, FFG Star Wars (only a couple of books from this one, and haven't had much chance to play it thanks to THE PLAGUE). I've played and loved but don't really own any Shadowrun*, MERPS, Ars Magica.

I've been playing computer games for a slightly longer time - my best friend and next door neighbor's dad had Sopwith on their computer, my dad had Empire ... Eventually, I got an Apple ][e and haven't really looked back. My Steam ID is linked in my .sig. The only modern console I own is a Switch.

I love sailing, though I don't get to go very often, and all kinds of Age-of-Sail stuff: from Sid Meier's Pirates! to Horatio Hornblower to Aubrey / Maturin to Honor Harrington to Midshipman's Hope to Two Years Before the Mast, etc. I picked a 3-decker for my Steam avatar. I get to go canoeing a little more often - there's a park that rents canoes and kayaks near my house, and it's a little friendlier to young children than small boat sailing.

Last Christmas, my wife got me an Ender 3 3D-printer, and I've spent the past year learning the basics of design and printing all kinds of stuff. See my upcoming posts in the 3D Printing thread in Moe's and in the Arts and Crafts thread in SE++ for some recent fun stuff I made.

My boardgame collection verges on the ridiculous: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Elvenshae My wife and I play the occasional boardgame together - we love them, but between work and kids we don't get to break out the complicated stuff very often. My kids aren't quite old enough for the really heavy stuff, but they, too, love boardgames. My primary gaming partners outside of my family haven't been able to play with us for awhile because, uh, the PLAGUE and they got divorced, so ...

Oh, yeah - kids. I have two boys, ages 10 and 6. They're awesome. They're both in Cub Scouts, and my wife and I are both Den Leaders (the adult in charge of a particular group of same-age kids; my wife's got the first-graders, and I've got the fifth-graders.) They're really into Lego, YouTubers (they dressed as one for Halloween), Minecraft ...

I hope I've give you a little more to go on. If you need some more ideas, feel free to ask away! If you need it, I can provide my wife's email address for stalking assistance on Proxy or similar request.

* I bought an elven biker gang once during character creation; it was awesome.

Elvenshae on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I am totally in.

Will sign up officially when I’m back from this camping thing.

Same!

This is my favorite time of the year.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Email sent! Let's go!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Woo, signed up!
    Gift post thing:
    Things I currently play games on: PC and PS5.
    Usually use Steam for playing games on PC. Hang out in the G&T Adventure Team steam chat a lot of the time so if you need something beyond this list, probably a good place to hit up for information. My Steam profile and wishlist should give a good idea of the kinds of things I play and are into.

Been playing a bunch of FF14 recently. Also enjoyed FF7R when that came out. Don't really have much going on other than playing games and watching anime, tbh. Dunno what else to say that'd be helpful. Also, feel free to send NSFW stuff if you want.

Edit: Will probably update this with more stuff as I think of it.
    Also, got a christmas tree for my house for the first time since moving from my parents', so some gaming/anime themed ornaments might be neat if you can find some nice looking ones I might be interested in.

Amazon Wishlists:
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3LV1UEVUUJM60
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1RW4UZ18D2BG6

Also, my MAL incase that sparks something:
    https://myanimelist.net/animelist/stabbitystyle

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Suggestion post blatantly reposted from last year
    i have a few amazon lists if you need any extra help. I have to prune and update and you know, promise to take care of by the time assignments are sent out. this share should show multiple lists. i kind of have them separated as misc/books/games/graphic novels so if you don't see multiple options and need to access them let me know. I literally only use Amazon for Santa wishlisting because they're bad and I live in a city, so if you chose the shop through there as well I'll never see it come off the list or anything that might give it away. https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/Z4SJ7ZNRQ8NX?ref_=wl_share

for starter hints though, I'm a designer and i live in Chicago.
    I'm always into gifts that represent your local culture/foods/drinks/etc whatever you want to share from where you are.
    on the off chance you're in Japan, I grew up there so i'd love local type gifts from there to remind me of that.
    I'm generally into designery arty gifts, though I'm less the "wow ampersands are so cool" kind of designer and more the "these systems you designed are fundamentally fucked and getting people killed and i'm gonna yell at you about it" kind. My posting habits are weird I know.
    I'm frequently just in the handful of threads for whatever game/media i'm currently engaging in and I'm sorry.
    I always liked reading but COVID life has really gotten me back into it this past year and I've been making a concerted effort to read more by non "generic cishet white guys."
    I worked in a boardgame store for a year and that kind of got me into the tabletop hobby though it's been a bad year for group gatherings to play games.
    Gaming wise, I built a new PC last year so I can handle anything you throw at that.
    I'm also initiatefailure on steam and spend time in the adventure team chat, probably moreso now that I'm remote working and as we get closer to the holidays.
    I also have a switch and PS4/5.
    I'm looking to get an Index but that kind of depends on my partner and I deciding that's the one we want. There's zero chance I buy the facebook ones though.
    We just moved into an apartment with actual space for the first time in like 6 years so i'm into things that make that more cozy. I'm also trying to be one of those better people who cooks more at the same time.

will update if i think of stuffs

Update: there are cats here now! Still unclear what they're into besides hiding and turning clothing into beds and crawling into bookcases

initiatefailure on
  • Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Proxy the Elf activated.

Yearly review check: Processing.....2021. Review determines a 167% improvement over 2020.
    Restoring Festive Back-Up: Updating Festivity protocols. Please wait...

Festivities Reactivated!

Proxy is online. Determining gifting sub-routines.
    Continue to not ignore science again meatbags or measures will be taken.

Target Assistance Protocol: Active
    Proxy PM, Gmail, and Steam assistance measures online.

Systems check complete.

Commence sign-up procedures and gift list procurement.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Nice! Thanks Radiation for doing it again. I've got some Halloween candy I've procured from my children and Christmas music is ready to be played. Let's goo! I'll be signing up after work.

Steam: offday
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    All signed up! Here be my hint post!

I don't really keep any sort of wish lists. I have a Ps4 and Switch and my online name for those are ElChiclets in case you need to look up what games I have/enjoy.

I love anything outdoors (running, rock climbing and hiking are my fav) and am a big gameboard geek though I don't actually own any so you should be safe sending me anything if you go that route. This past year I got into cooking healthy stuff and I'm a big beer snob. I could drink Stouts all year round.

I'm into comics and some manga/anime. Favorite are Spidey, Superman, MHA, DBZ, Demon Slayer.

I follow pro wrestling, less WWE and more AEW.

Books are great too. I actually run a book club so I pretty much read anything that seems interesting/recommended.

I been upping my fashion game recently. Shirt size is small, pants is 28 waist/32 lenght.

I have a pretty active social media profile, Twitter (El_Chiclets), and IG (Brownchiclets) are my two main ones.

This is starting to sound like a dating profile.

I also enjoy completely random gifts, so don't feel like you have to go by these suggestions.

Kyougu on
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Signup email sent! Seriously one of my favorite parts of the year.

Wishlist/Hints:
    Here's a link to my Amazon wishlist. It should be up to date:
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/14JQIXEMXJTT5?ref_=wl_share

Other hints: We're a mostly Nintendo family. We have 3 Switches. I have a 5 year old who is heavily into Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Lego Marvel, and Pokemon (though he's too young for the main series games so far). His favorite Pokemon is probably Pikachu. My wife enjoys tons of different genres of games. Her current faves are probably Animal Crossing and Hades. Really almost anything except shooters.

We have all the past generations of Nintendo hardware, as well as a PS3. Don't have any other current gen systems outside of the Switch.

We're an all-Apple household. I enjoy tinkering with vintage Macs/Apple ][ computers.

Shirt sizes:
    Me: 3XL
    my Wife: L
    5 year old: Youth XS or 5T.

As for myself, I'm a 38-year MBA grad that just started a new job as my first outside of Grad school. I love Volkswagens and have a '65 Beetle. My favorite game right now is probably Animal Crossing, but I enjoy Metroid, Zelda, Mario, and lots of other things. Don't really like puzzle or strategy games that much, but that's about it.

Books are always great.

Oh, and I love Lego.

I'll add more as I think of it.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Just sent my sign up email!

Suggestions:
    My favorite podcasts are Tides of History by Patrick Wyman; and History of Rome and Revolutions by Mike Duncan. I say this to say that I like history and old things (like your mom (BOOM! (apologies if this joke is not appropriate (otherwise…BOOM!)))). I like learning about history and I like historical artifacts.

I like music. In terms of radio I listen almost exclusively to CD92.9 fm in Columbus, OH (www.cd929fm.com). When I’m not listening to that station I like 70’s glam rock and punk. I’m building out a collection of vinyl records.

I work from home so it’s always fun to have knick-knacks for the desk.

Quirky and unique gifts are always welcome.

I like cooking and I am always interested in trying out a new recipe or technique. The only food I really don’t like is olives. Fuck olives.

I like to drink beer and whisky.

I have two daughters, 4 and 7 years old. Anything for a family game night would be cool.
    [\spoiler]

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Woohoo, just signed up! The random box from someone is always a highlight of the year at the Caster household.

Suggestions:
    Dear Santa, I've been told by past Santas that I'm difficult to shop for. Here's a few suggestions and about me info to point you in a direction.

Amazon Lists (multiple lists because I like to be organized)
    General
    Books
    Video Games
    Steam wishlist in profile.

We're a family of seven, with kids ranging in age from eight to sixteen. The Terror Team loves video games and board games. We don't have any current gen consoles, but we have PS4, Xbox One, a Switch, two Switch Lites, and a bunch of past generation consoles (PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii U, 3DS, & DS) still in various states of use. Everyone except the teenage daughter are all still obsessed with LEGO and Star Wars. Outside of gaming, my hobbies are aviation, motorcycles, and running marathons.

Hope that helps.

Edited to add suggestions.

shdwcaster on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I'm in! I'll get an email and a suggestions thing together soon. Thanks for the @!

camo_sig2.png
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Suggestions!
    1) Video games! I have a Steam account (either accessible from my signature. As far as console games go, my current system lineup is Switch (Nintendo), PS2 (Sony), XBox 360 (Microsoft). Yes, I know that's not the most recent batch of consoles, but I play what I have. :P If you're looking for genres, I love RPGs, visual novels, and pretty much anything except for shooters that take themselves super-seriously and anything with mountains of gore and blood just because... and stuff that's just difficult for the sake of being difficult. I'm a big Pokemon fan, and I'll be grabbing the remakes in November and Arceus in January, so you don't need to worry about those! I'm also big into MMOs- both current and niche. I don't play WoW, and FFXIV is being taken care of by someone else. If you know of one that you think is cool (and safe- i.e. no private servers, no sketchy sites, etc.

2) TV! Netflix and Hulu have been the family lifelines for the past couple years, and I have access to both DVD and Blu-Ray players. I'm pretty big into anime, but I don't ever seem to have time to watch all that much, or I get sidetracked into watching or doing something else. As for other stuff I watch, I tend to watch a fair bit of wrestling (yes, yes, I know, but if my mother can binge Real Housewives on her day off, then there's nothing wrong with me getting some junk food and watching an old RAW or Smackdown! on Peacock :P). I'm still working through the first four seasons of Game of Thrones, and I'm always looking for more fantasy series and the like to dive into.

3) Cooking! I tend to collect a lot of theme cookbooks- ones with food in them based off popular TV shows and video games and other properties (for example, my current collection contains cookbooks from Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, World of Warcraft, and others). I've heard rumors a Final Fantasy XIV one exists, but I haven't been able to find it.

4) I play/collect Pathfinder stuff- I run one game and am looking to start another, so anything to do with that is always good! If you have an idea as to some specific book you want to get me, feel free to ask Proxy or whoever etc. and I'll send you a list of the stuff I own... or you could just grab a gift certificate to Paizo. Also, I'm always in the market for decent tabletop RPG games! If you have favorite sourcebooks or whatever, feel free to shoot them over!

5) Cat stuff! Yes, I do so happen to have a few furry little overlords who run things around here, and stuff like cat toys and extra snacks is always fun. A few years ago, we got some cat wands with toys on them and they went absolutely insane for those.

A few additional caveats:
    • Please, no clothes. I have an odd body type that's hard to shop for, and I don't want you to feel like crud because you sent an awesome shirt that's never going to get worn because it doesn't fit.
    • If you send food/drink: make sure it's okay with spending time outside in freezing temperatures. I live in Michigan, and more than likely it's going to snow or freeze by the time you send off your gift, and if it gets left out in the elements, well... I don't mind alcohol, but I'm not that experienced a drinker and hard stuff will likely put me down easy.
    • Nothing political. I prefer my holidays to be as argument-free as possible, and this is a huge sticking point for my family, so I'd love to avoid this at all costs.
    • NSFW: Weapons are a hard no, as are toys and gummis and etc. Anything else... don't go too extreme, and if you do include something, send a message beforehand. (If you really need to know anything more, ask.)

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Signed up in the SE++ thread.
    But, since we're combining, that's just like signing up here.

So, someone's getting taffy.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Oops, just re-read the directions. I need to do a suggestions post too. Will edit this one before sending my email.

edit: Woo! Signed up. Hints below.
    I do a little gaming on everything from PC to PS4 and 5 to Switch to Xbox. Love all gaming systems to be honest, although my Xbox is digital only. I also love retro systems and games going back to NES and SNES. Steam name is in my sig. I'm always looking for new games to try out, but not really a fan of sports or fighting games, but am down for pretty much anything else. I love RPGs, FPS, and Platformers. Big Nintendo fan. Shirt size is M. I also enjoy trying new foods/drinks from different places. I love the mini consoles although I already have NES, Sega, SNES, and PS1. I had an amazon wish list but it's pretty outdated at this point. Sony, Xbox, Steam, or Nintendo fun bucks are cool if you need any ideas, although I am subscribed to gamepass so I get most of my Xbox games through that. A couple games I've had my eye on include metroid dread, paper mario orgami king, crash bandicoot 4, to name a few. I'm also a big MMO fan. I'm a fan of WoW as well, but not playing at the moment. Currently into LOTRO and the old republic. Please don't feel obligated to get anything I've mentioned, but there are a few ideas. If you have any questions or need any more info please feel free to have proxy send me a message. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

anoffday on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Several curve balls this year, I won't be participating. Please leave me on the list for next year though.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Wishlist: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1A1HATHGV1KEA?ref_=wl_share

Will probably update it or add more to it later this month. Signed up!

My helper email:
    • Big Dota fan, so any kind of plush or apparel from Valve would be nice. I'm a size large.
    • Undertale dog, Sans, or Papyrus plush or pillows would also be cute.
    • My other favorite games include Castlevania, Dark Souls, and Zelda. Any kind of dark or serious looking art or figures from those series would be great. For example, I have a vertical map of the Dark Souls world on my wall behind my desk.
    • I'm mainly a PC gamer, anything you can think of to up my experience there is good. I have a pretty good PC that I made two years ago, and I've been streaming on Twitch off and on for about 13-14 years, so my specs are on there.
    • I also have a PS4/PS5 and Switch. Any gift cards or eShop codes for those or Steam are okay, but I'd prefer something physical to open as well!
    • I'm a metalhead. My favorite bands are August Burns Red, Devil Wears Prada, Deftones, and Tool. Any hoodies or caps would be good for the winter from them.
    • Some of my favorite movies are The Matrix, Aliens, and Star Wars.
    • I like board games but COVID put a damper on getting together with friends. I live with my partner Katie and we like co-op stuff if you have something you'd like us to try.
    • Speaking of Katie, they like foxes. If you'd like to get them a fox plushie or fox pajama pants (pockets are a must!), they're a size large as well.
    You can probably find some things with that, but if you need more I'm sure Radiation or the SE++ Santa runner will have ways to ask for more info. Feel send an elf my way for more info :)

Edit - You know, I completely disregarded my baby doggy in my info. Here's some info for her if my elf comes around again.
    hs37ievd956v.png
    Her name is Skye, she's a pitbull and almost three and a half years old. We got her last June, and she loves treats and squishy/squeaky toys. She also loves benebones.

KoopahTroopah on
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Signup time wooo!

Wishlist/Info Post:

Sorry for the format, copied from previous year PMs

Stalk away but I do like exotic, strange or rare foods. Forget about Steam I'm in the 2000+ game club and I go a bit nuts during holiday sales.
    Systems owned: 2DS and a PC with a Rift S
    Favorite comicbook characters: Harley Quinn, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl
    My twitter is @SuccubiinHats. Who and what I follow could be helpful.
    My own wife has trouble getting me gift so good luck, I also have two autistic sons aged 6 and 9.

If you are really out of idea, maybe I'd enjoy something you enjoy or introduce me to something you are passionate about.

edited November 2021
    Dear Magic Forum Santa, my wishlist will be here at some point in the next few days with spoilers and whatnots.

Edit: And here it is!
    Currently I'm into toy collecting - I have all the He-Man Origins stuff I need (or on pre-order) so I'd avoid that - but I'm into some wrestling toys and 80s toys, especially from my childhood. I'm pretty much the stereotype of an 80's kid - I like Starwars, Transformers, Voltron, TMNT, and so one (just not Power Rangers, I was too old for that one.) I think there are some pictures of my current display shelves in the Graphic Violence toy threads (Found it! https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/44046564/#Comment_44046564). I do have BINS of 3 3/4" Starwars in storage, so probably avoid that line/scale for gifting - apartment space is rough right now :) I also love Legos, we have the Bonsai Tree waiting to be put together now, but other than that, I don't think we've bought any kits recently.

I also collect records - my current collection is listed here: https://www.discogs.com/user/n8littlefield/collection My Amazon wishlist is here https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1EWKYYQASWXGV?ref_=wl_share but beware, my wife will probably be shopping from that list too :)

I play Ukulele - I have a reasonable collection of those as well. If you want ideas on that front, it's tricky. I have a decent collection already (see photo) - but I'm always up to add to it!
    jbj1fg7zgyfl.jpg

I don't mind NSFW gifts - although I am allergic to red wines and just about anything that has red wine in it, so if you send that as booze, I guess I'll have a drunk wife, which is fine too.

I post a reasonable amount here, I don't have a hugely active social media presence otherwise, so honestly, unless you find my Facebook where I post stuff I've bought recently to show how good as wasting money I am, you probably won't get too much, so Twitter/Instagram/etc will likely just be dead ends for you.

Hope that helps! Let me know if any of the links break.

Lindsay Lohan on
    @Radiation will there be a list in the OP of everyone who is signed up?

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I'd basically be stealing from Brolo's list in the other thread since we're tossing everyone into one big bucket.
    linky

Radiation on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    anoffday wrote: »
    @Radiation will there be a list in the OP of everyone who is signed up?
    No. in fact you won’t even get a name assigned to you. Just an address and a sense of festive forboding.

YL9WnCY.png
    Radiation wrote: »
    I'd basically be stealing from Brolo's list in the other thread since we're tossing everyone into one big bucket.
    linky

Ok, cool. Didn't know this existed. Basically just looking for confirmation. Thanks!

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Let's do this thing!

Wishlists and stuff
    I LOVE local roasted coffee, some of my best SS gifts have been just that. Please no funko stuff, my house is infested and my wife is an insane collector.

I got married this past summer, moved from Canada to the US and have been unemployed for nearly a year. This past year, in a word -- wild. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    Some links to assist in gifting:
    Wedding Registry - https://www.theknot.com/benjesse2021/registry
    Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1XXWSYA6FSVQY?ref_=wl_share

theoriginalz on
    Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Alight, I'm about to get my email put together so here's my helper post.
    I'm a certified old person. Been married for 15+ years, have 4 kids, and if they sold additional free time it'd be my first pick-up every time. No NSFW gifts please (regular media rated R or M or whatever is fine, but please no porn or dildos or gummy candy shaped like weiners).

I love board games (I'll get a BoardGameGeek link below soon) because it's guaranteed family time. I don't win often, but I adore seeing my kids getting along, coming up with strategies, and then celebrating with them when they work, and showing them by example that the fun has to be in playing, not just in winning. I lean toward worker placement but will play anything you put in front of me (though my deck-building skills aren't great and my kids mop the floor with me at the Pokémon TCG regularly).

I'm watching Doctor Who again (first time for the kids) and we just started Tenant's third series. It was a lot of fun to show them "Blink" a few weeks ago as it's my favorite 10 episode, and they had a ball with it, too.

Other stuff about me - I like deck-building video games (Slay the Spire and Monster Train both got their hooks into me bad), tactics games (I'm exploring XCOM 2 content that I never got around to now - running Legacy Ops before starting a War of the Chosen campaign), taekwondo (looking forward to everybody being vaxxed and getting back to in-person classes), and coop video games (at varying times throughout the week I'm currently running Orcs Must Die! 3, Trine 4, and Borderlands 2). When I play solo I tend toward open-world and/or action stuff (I've been playing Assassin's Creed: Origins off and on since January and am working through the first DLC pack now).

(Maybe) helpful stuff:
    • I'm jclast pretty much everywhere (Xbox Live, PSN, Steam)
    • My family and I are all vegetarians (not vegans, we all like cheese and milk too much for that but vegan cuisine makes its way to our table fairly often anyway)
    • amazon wishlist
    • Steam wishlist
    • a PlayStation wishlist that I can't figure out how to share, but the highlights are the Castlevania Advance Collection and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2
    • a healthy (read: unhealthy) collection of board games that I like playing with my wife and 4 kids, BoardGameGeek collection
    • and as platforms go the following stuff is in my house: PS3/4/5, XB1 w/ Game Pass Ultimate (not Series S/X), fairly compentent PC (the most punishing thing I've played recently is Gears Tactics, and XCOM 2 is running nicely as I'm running the Legacy Ops currently, my specs are Intel i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz, GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, 16 GB RAM, and a 1 TB M.2 SSD)

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
    Stupid question maybe but I know we always seem to have that question about NSFW gifts, but what is it that prompted that? I put I wasn't opposed to them, but it got me thinking about what actually was gifted in the past. I'm guessing an M rated game isn't considered NSFW, so was it booze or art books with nudity or some nipple clamps or what?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey can everyone who's signed up check and make sure they're in the list here? If you signed up and don't see your name, please PM me!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/44161878/#Comment_44161878

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Stupid question maybe but I know we always seem to have that question about NSFW gifts, but what is it that prompted that? I put I wasn't opposed to them, but it got me thinking about what actually was gifted in the past. I'm guessing an M rated game isn't considered NSFW, so was it booze or art books with nudity or some nipple clamps or what?

There were a few forumers who live in very conservative households who really wanted to make sure they wouldn't receive anything inappropriate, especially since they sometimes open up these gifts with their entire family around. Really more of a safety precaution than anything else.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

There were a few forumers who live in very conservative households who really wanted to make sure they wouldn't receive anything inappropriate, especially since they sometimes open up these gifts with their entire family around. Really more of a safety precaution than anything else.

And some people just aren't really into that(I don't drink, for instance).

wVEsyIc.png
    edited November 2021
    Hmm, I guess I should clarify my stance on NSFW then if my elf comes looking around.
    Yes:
    Booze
    Mature or R rated pop media (Movies, Anime, Comics, Games)

No:
    Pornography
    Sex Toys
    Lewd Pillow Cases
    Weapons

KoopahTroopah on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    And since I'm signing up, may as well:
    I live by myself with two cats and have a plethora of consoles(pretty much anything Sega shy of the MS, but I don't have any Xbox past the 360 or a PS5, the newest consoles I have are a vanilla PS4 and a switch.

I like board games, card games, and tabletop stuff, though the trick is finding people to play them with. :lol:

I have entirely too many World of Darkness RPG books, mostly since I read them for the lore(pretty sure I have damn near every Mage: The Awakening book for instance, and too many Vampire: The Masquerade ones).

I love all kinds of movies, especially foreign, indie, stuff I've never heard of, etc.
    Same goes for games, though I'm not much for FPSes unless they have a good story(Spec Ops) or are just super fun/challenging(Doom 2016, Vanquish, Bulletstorm). I love RPGs, strategy games, rhythm games, quirky stuff, etc.

And that's a negatory on NSFW stuff, please. I don't drink either, if that matters.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png