As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2021 - PERFECT GIFTING COMPLETED!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited March 2022 in Social Entropy++
aaigj1z6usb5.gif

SIGNUP deadline: November 16th, 11:59PM EDT.
GIFTING deadline: February 28th, 11:59PM EDT. Due to global shipping fuckery, we have added on an additional month to get your gifts out there! Your gift must be received by this time!

RULES:

1. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount.
2. International people are allowed. If you have some super big problem with it, let me know in your sign up email, but I cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."
3. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans. If you have less than 500 posts and nobody else knows you, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (Exceptions are known significant others of folks, PA staff, etc)
4. People who do not send gifts will be banned.
5. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. CONVERSELY, TRY TO SEND PEOPLE THINGS YOU THINK THEY WILL LIKE BASED ON WHAT THEY POST.
6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.
7. You MUST have a wishlist post. You can make it in this thread. It can link to Amazon or some other website with multiple ideas. Just because you consider yourself well-known doesn't mean people will know what to get for you.

SIGNUP:

Send an EMAIL where the subject is YOUR FORUM NAME to secretsatans2021@gmail.com with the following information:
Your REAL NAME
Your MAILING ADDRESS
Your CELL PHONE NUMBER
Your PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
Your PREFERENCE FOR COMBINED LIST PARTICIPATION (see bottom note)
Your PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS

Your LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST. You can make your posts in this thread, make sure they are linked in your email before you sign up. Don't fuck this up!

Example Email:
SUBJECT: Forumer_69XXX

MAILING ADDRESS: 23 my address
wherever, wherever, USA
CELL PHONE NUMBER:( 555) - 555 5555

PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Yes
PREFERENCE FOR COMBINED LIST PARTICIPATION: Yes
PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS: No

LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28316347#Comment_28316347

Hey a heads up - if you have allergies, incompatibilities, or other restrictions on gifts you can receive, please put those guidelines in your wishlist posts! Some people are going to be sending home-made treats and food as gifts, and it would suck if anyone breaks into hives upon opening their package. Look out for each other, my dudes.

For gifters, if your receiver has not gotten their gift by the gifting deadline (January 31st), you will be banned, no exceptions.

For receivers, once you receive your gift, you are to post that it has been received. Please do this within 2 days of receipt.

We've had SIX YEARS OF PERFECT GIFTING! Amazing!

I may also require the services of a helper imp, mostly for sending additional PMs and coordinating some of the gifting chains. Hit me up by PM if you're so interested!

And as always:
Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!
Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Sorry duder - contact @Brolo if you unexpectedly find that you can't afford a gift, but if you're in any doubt about whether you have the financial stability for Satans, please sign up for Saints instead!

Q: I don't want to give suggestions, because I <goose reasoning that I don't care about>
A: Then don't sign up. Because if you don't give suggestions, you won't be allowed in.

If you have any questions about your giftee, or if you get confused by the process, you can PM me ( @Brolo ), or any of our amazing imps, such as G&T organizer @radiation or the amazing @lonelyahava .

Thanks!

EXTRA SPECIAL 2021 EDITION RULE CHANGE:
Last year we combined our gifting list with G&T and it generally went pretty well! This year we are making that participation OPTIONAL, so please add your preference for combined lists in your email - "YES" to be combined with G&T, "NO" for SE++ only.

Whippy on

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    1. Brolo
    2. Radiation
    3. HalfCrazed Ninja
    4. MNC Dover
    5. Stabbity Style
    6. InitiateFailure
    7. Naphtali
    8. Xaquin
    9. Kyougu
    10. Kadith
    11. Skeith
    12. Noggin
    13. Cameron_Talley
    14. Ladybug2332
    15. Tofystedeth
    16. Blackhawk1313
    17. Elvenshae
    18. Zerocow
    19. cello
    20. #pipe
    21. Perrsun
    22. DrZiplock
    23. Romanian My Escutcheon
    24. Lost Salient
    25. lalabox
    26. ArcSyn
    27. see317
    28. Cristoval
    29. Anoffday
    30. KoopahTroopah
    31. Butters
    32. Handkor
    33. Lindsay Lohan
    34. theoriginalz
    35. Straightzi
    36. jclast
    37. shdwcaster
    38. CJ Iwakura
    39. Lwt1973
    40. bucketman
    41. JaysonFour
    42. Antoshka
    43. The Spaniard
    44. Sterica
    45. Quicksnap
    46. Jimbobthemonkey
    47. Tonkka
    48. Psykoma
    49. Pinfeldorf
    50. Lasbrook
    51. MadPoet
    52. AgentFlit

Brolo on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Oh boy oh boy
    Hi Satan. Hope you've been well.

I included my Amazon wish list in my email to you (its in my sig below as well), but I know Amazon is pretty evil, even for you. It's more of just a dumping ground of ideas for you, and also for my extended friends & family this time of year. If you do get something that's on that list but not from the Dark Bald One's website, please just mark as purchased on there. Thanks!

Other pertinent information:
    • 38 year old dude
    • living in Northeastern US of A
    • 6 feet nothing, Medium size shirts/hoodies

My general guidelines:
    • Don't feel like you have to get something from the wish list. If there's something really cool that you enjoy that you think I'd like too, whether it be a movie, video game, book, board game, elephant, whatever, then please share the love!
    • I don't have any allergies, so baked treats or whatever is welcomed if that's more your forte.
    • I love coffee, it's my daily companion in this dark world. Whole beans is my preferred delivery method.
    • If you're more the artistic type - please let me know! I recently finished up a long D&D-ish campaign with my gaming group that was one of the most memorable ones I've had, and getting some art done of my character and/or the party would be a sweet way to commemorate it.

I'm sure whatever you pick for me, I'll thoroughly enjoy. Feel free to ping ideas off rhylith, they know my likes/dislikes pretty well.

And in the end if you don't want to go with any of the above, that's fine! Just no NSFW stuff is all I ask. Thank you very much in advance, Satan!

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I am IN!

Suggestions not on my amazon list would be ummmmmm

Vintage (meaning pre-plastic) tools or old hand tools (think marking gauges and levels and the like)! They do not have to be in good working order or anything!

Xaquin on
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I sign up!

Here's the post:
    Hello there! Thank you for having been assigned to me this holiday season!

I'll start out how I usually do: If you've got something neat in your city or your life, like a candy, or a food... or ANYTHING that represents YOU or WHERE YOU ARE FROM (like a book that was super important to you or a movie that you feel like everybody needs to own) that would be the most awesome. Secret Satans is a time when I love to get to know 2 other forumers; one on the giving end and one on the receiving end.

In additon to the Amazon/Steam wishlists (which themselves are more of a "here's some idea for stuff" and less a "get this exact thing"...)

I wear a size XL T shirt from most brands. When it comes to pants, I'm too particular to even suggest you try (unless you're going for a pajama pant type thing that has a loose fit, in which case... maybe XL as well?

But really, if you're going for an item of clothing, I am a scarf man. Being in MN it gets cold a lot of the year, and when I go out I like to wear a scarf. That or sunglasses. I'd get a ton of use out of either of those.

Life-wise, I'm married and have 2 boys, aged 4 years and 1 year. If you ended up sending something for the kids, that would be fine with me (kids are wearing size 6/kids XS for the older, 24month-2T for the younger).

I've been working from home since 2020. Super lucky that my job was able to transition easily, though it has made me miss travelling. We spent the vast majority of the pandemic time so far isolating from everybody, because we were pregnant last year, and we've had a young baby this year.

Games-wise I have a Series X/Gaming PC/PS4/Switch, but I have been really playing on PC and Xbox lately. The other systems don't get that much love anymore, just due to where they physcally are in the house and a massive lack of time. I also used to read a bunch of books/listen to audiobooks, but not so much anymore... just out of a lack of time.
    I also have played a bunch of board games, though nowadays I only play a few because it's just my wife and I. We've trended against anything that has a massive setup time or teardown time (e.g. Trekking the World is SUPER FUN, but it takes a long time to set up and tear down. We could play 2 games of Sagrada in the time it takes us to play 1 Trekking.) My board game collection is here, though I just made it. I hope I added everything correctly.

Outside of games, I've gotten back into watching wrestling (AEW) the past few years. It has been good to get back into that. I'm frequently cooking things for family dinner, so anything to help cook, be it a small tool or an ingredient, would be nice. I'm also looking for ways to organize my life.

I am also trying to exercise more, which has meant playing Beat Saber because apparently I can't convince myself to work out unless there is a game involved... so I'd gladly take any of the Beat Saber DLC.

Perrsun on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It's the most wonderful time of the year.

steam_sig.png
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Haven't done this is like 8 years but count me in

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Placeholder post for suggestions
    Hello dear sweet satan!

No amazon this Year, because fuck Bezos. But here is a short wishlist option

In my experience the best gifts to me are the ones where someone shared something they liked and thought it might crossover with my likes. I really appreciate stuff with a personal meaning whether it’s something handcrafted, local culture, food, whatever. (there's options at the end for folks who hate thinking up gifts too)

The basics: I am a 31 year old IT/Broadband Manager who wears XL mens/unisex shirts. I have no known food allergies. I enjoy both coffee and tea, although I have a whole bunch of tea that i need to drink already. I have lived in the American southwest my entire life so that's my current climate.

Between my girlfriend and I we have 2 dogs. And an 2.5 year old named Aeric who still loves dinosaurs and things that go

Vibeogames continue to be my main form of escapism, I own every major console, a fairly beefy PC, VR kits, and am subscribed to most games subscription services. I appreciate a good book but I’m terrible at taking the time to read. Same for movies and TV, if someone doesn't really force it in front of my face I haven't been consuming too much newer media.

I’m still behind on all my home reno projects as I’ve been focusing on work all year. Just barely getting into woodworking because I need to finish all my general construction projects to make room to have a permanent workspace. In speaking of DIY home renos, as I've been completing projects I've run out of excuse for not decorating the house, and it's come to my attention that I don't really have anything cool/nice/adult to put up on the walls or on shelves.

Finally here are some charities/non-profits that I'd be perfectly happy if a donation in my name was your gift to me:
    Colibri Center for Human Rights
    RAICES
    Lambda Legal
    National Lawyers Guild
    Southern Poverty Law Center
    I cheated and copy and pasted this from last year to start with so hopefully this helps and is not just a confusing mess!

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Here we go again!
    Hello Satan! I have an Amazon link below but by all means if you have your own ideas I’m excited for whatever!

About me:
    I’m 37 and live in the cesspool that is the Panhandle of Florida.
    XXL for shirts

I’m a Systems Engineer love all things nerdy and tech, some cherry picked favorites are I collect old video games, like Ice Nine Kills and In Flames, and I have every game system practically in existence.

I love dogs, have two Dobermans, a couch seal, a Corgador, two thinks that claim to be chihuahuas, (and four cats)

In general….

•I’m not allergic to anything and require no special diet (chocolate is always a plus)
    •I will accept all baked goodies
    •NSFW is okie dokie
    @Ladybug2332 is my wife and can also help guide you if you need additional help.

Whatever you do will be awesome I’m sure!

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1QDM5TI296T78?ref_=wl_share

Blackhawk1313 on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I really want o participate this year and give back a bit to the community that has really done so much for me the past number of years I'll have to wait a week or so and see how it looks like winter is going to shake out though first.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Hi Satan!
    I'm going to try to mostly use this post this year so you can avoid the Beez if you want.

Also, you are welcome to go off-list if you are inspired by something or have something interesting local to you. My family likes just about any foods and we aren't aware of any allergies yet for the kiddos. For booze, I mainly like whiskey in general, but especially scotch and bourbon and blended whiskeys. My wife doesn't like them as much, but we both love crown royal's seasonal salted caramel.

One thing that might be cool is some new PA merch, especially mugs. I had the Blue PA logo mug from the web series but it broke earlier this year. Looking at the options online, the red fleshreaper one is also pretty cool and fits with the forum Diablo clan name.

We've been really enjoying our PS5, maybe a little too much because we already killed a controller. It'd be nice to have a second one again, any color is fine. I'm interested in Kena and Deathloop, after hearing good things about either of those, and my son might like to watch or maybe even play parts of Kena. A gift card would be fine too, as we have the disk one but mostly buy digital anyway, and both Horizon and Elden Ring are looming.

I'll try to think of some more things!

Hope all is well with you and yours, and thank you in advance!

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Aw shit, here we go again.

edit- As usual, use smile.amazon.com to have a share of your stuff's costs routed to the charity of your choice. We might all be under Bezos' thumb but at least we can claw a bit of it back!
    Hello Satan, hope this year has been treating you well. My living situation has changed pretty drastically for the better, in that I now have more space to myself and I'm back on the US mainland. I've been taking advantage of this by ordering a couple of wall decorations from this shop (specifically the Morrowind and Cyrodiil maps, held off on the Thedas map, Normandy print, and Atronach prints). I also have more space for books now, which is always nice. I've got a few cookbooks on my wishlist, along with a few novels. A lot of the stuff on there has been there for a while now that I think about it, but I'll be going through it regularly until early December or so. If there are any cookbooks you're particularly fond of, those would be something to consider, as I only have a few.

I frequent the webcomic, anime, FGO and FFXIV (here and the MMO category) threads mainly, but I can also be found in the job, science, and history threads. The only webcomic I have in print is Octopus Pie, which is something I keep meaning to fix: Kill Six Billion Demons and Stand Still, Stay Silent are at the top of my list. The former is carried by Image Comics, and SSSS by Hiveworks. I've also got a Steam wishlist, but I mostly use it to keep track of sales. Something I've been trying to track down without much luck are prints of the FFXIV vinyl edition covers for the Stormblood and Shadowbringers albums. I've got a pile of board games on my Amazon list, but I've also been picking up jigsaw puzzles when I see one I like (1000 pieces generally, I don't have space for anything bigger than that). I haven't really been indulging in hobbies lately, but I've been wanting to get the necessary tools to start matting my pictures for a while (space constraints for the last eight years meant I couldn't). I know I can be a pain in the ass to shop for, so if you have questions then by all means reach out through an imp.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Are you there, Satan? It's me, Cello!

Thanks for signing up to send me stuff! Big fan of that, good work!

I'm hopefully an easy person to buy for as I have a wide variety of interests and am extremely excited by the prospect of opening boxes and/or envelopes. I'm a 32-year-old (...christ...) woman in Canada who has pretty broad tastes in video games, comic books, fantasy novels, Making Stuff, board games, hockey, martial arts, dogs, ... I'll try to fill out a Gift Hero list with suggestions - I'd prefer not-Amazon if possible, though if you're ordering from across the world and struggling to find local delivery options I understand.

I'm currently living at home, but there is a chance we move in January as we're struggling with buying into the housing market, and if that happens past your gift-delivery time I'll let Brolo know. So while home decor options are nice, if you pick any of that try to keep it small if possible (no full-scale statues, please).

In terms of actual hints about my interests:
    • I love vintage-style fashion and makeup, though I've also been throwing some alt/goth/cowboy?? stuff in there lately due to pandemic fugue state buying. Brands I'm really into for inspiration include La Femme En Noir, Vixen by Micheline Pitt, Trashy Diva, Ains & Elke Stylehaus, and Katakomb.
    • Makeup brands I'm into include Urban Decay eyeshadow, KVD lipsticks, IT Cosmetics foundation, and a few fun Colorpop crossovers (I got the gel sparkles from their Animal Crossing and Sailor Moon lines and they're pretty cute, wouldn't mind more of their stuff!) I've also got a regular skin care regimen that is mostly stuff from Kiehl's and a single Drunk Elephant retinol thing, so I'd be open to trying new stuff there.
    • Nerdy jewelry is fun, or just jewelry in general; if you lean further towards the nerdy end, I like when I have something particularly subtle Only Geeks Will Get (a heart piece pendant Lasbrook got me remains one of my favourites). Note: I don't have pierced ears.
    • I love wrestling! Specifically AEW as my main league I follow these days, and a little NJPW here and there. If you want to buy wrestling shirts (or clothes as related to the fashion section above) I can provide sizes to an imp.
    • I'm trying to reconnect with my love of making stuff by pursuing about a million and one projects. I'm interested in anything from sewing patterns/kits to embroidery to cross-stitch to baking to playing with robotics and electronics to cosplay to tackling the several AdaBOX and MakerCrates I've got on standby that I... also ordered in a pandemic fugue state. Cookbooks (especially healthy ones or country/style-specific ones), kits of any kind (brewing, art, whatever???), or any other books or lessons that could teach me new creative skills would be a blast.
    • On a similar note, handmade things from your area, from local farmers/artisans/craft markets, or from you, the reader would be amazing. I love it when folks put their heart into making gifts, I love supporting small businesses, and it's fun to get things from places I probably haven't ever been. So if you have any local favourite hot sauces or chocolates or food/drinks/alcohol (I have no dietary restrictions), I'd love to try 'em! And if you particularly like, I dunno, knitting things to help me survive the winter, or painting haunted objects or whatever that'd be really fun, too.
    • Video game-wise, I have a Switch, PS5, and PC, which are currently being played in that order. I have a 3DS but the shoulder button is busted and so it's basically unplayable. If you need more tips in this direction, I can give you an imp reference. I'm into.... a lot of games and that might be faster.
    • Comics - I prefer trades, and have got a bunch of X-Men lately but haven't added a ton to my collection this year. I'd usually refer you to Blankzoe but she's not posting much these days, so have an imp check in and I'll see if they can connect off-site.
    • I'm currently on leave from my real job, but I spend a lot of time upkeeping my family's dog training company. Stuff that could be relevant to that is welcome, but even moreso gifts for my incredibly precious 2.75 year old dog, Ivy. (She loves every toy ever but especially loves stuffed toys.)
    • If you want to buy a board game, I actually have a convenient list of my current games (a collection I share with my sister, the gigantic Marvel nerd, if you're wondering why there's so many Marvel adaptations in there):
    Co-op:
    - Burgle Bros
    - 5 Minute Dungeon
    - 5 Minute Marvel
    - Avengers Infinity War Thanos Rising
    - Eldritch Horror
    - Mysterium
    - Pandemic Legacy Season 1
    - Pandemic Legacy Season 2
    - Gloomhaven

Competitive Co-op:
    - Last Night on Earth
    - Die Hard
    - Codenames: Marvel
    - Betrayal at House on the Hill (and expansion)
    - Betrayal Legacy
    - Hail Hydra
    - Secret Hitler
    - Dead of Winter

Competitive:
    - Inhuman Conditions
    - Marvel Villainous
    - Scythe
    - Spartacus (I would LOVE the Serpent and the Wolf expansion to this but it basically does not exist)
    - Sheriff of Nottingham
    - Coup
    - Love Letter
    - A bunch of types of Flux

Hopefully that's enough to start! If you need more details in any direction, please let me know via an imp! Thanks again!

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    And so it begins….
    Hello Satan! I can’t believe it’s that time of year again already!
    I am super excited to get this year over with, it has been another dumpster fire and I’m hoping for better luck in 2022.
    Included below is an Elfster list for me. My Amazon is also on there (kind of) but last year Amazon fucked me over hardcore and deleted everything so I haven’t been able to really accrue a list yet, I’m still tying to fix last years mistakes. BUT don’t feel like you must pick from the list! If you have something you love, something you’re into and want to share, something cool then send it on! I invite all options and awesomeness you wish to impart on me.

A little about me….
    I’m 36, female (she/her) and live in Florida. It doesn’t get cold here but for like two weeks out of the year so….yeah
    5’0 and XXL in shirts

I’m a nurse and recently became an NP. I teach nursing students full time at our local college.

I love all things girly, sparkly, rainbow-y….I’m pretty typical.

My collections include Hello Kitty, Pusheen, cool medical/anatomical art and items, unicorns.

I have a switch but own pretty much all the games I like except for anything not released. I play Final Fantasy XIV online and my main is a Dancer :)

I LOVE murder mystery, serial killer, true crime

I’m a dog mom and have 2 Dobermans, 2 chihuahuas, and 2 mix breed

I also have 4 cats

In general….

•I’m not allergic to anything and require no special diet (chocolate is always a plus)
    •I will accept all baked goodies
    •NSFW is okie dokie
    •I’m not a huge reader, but if you like something and feel I need to read it, send it on
    @Blackhawk1313 is my husband and can also help guide you if you need additional help.

Whatever you have planned, I’m sure is amazing and I can’t wait to see it!

Thank you again Satan!

https://www.elfster.com/profile/3b1c45f5-cb1d-43ab-b20a-2b0a61e24a24/wish-lists/ce3a5b83-0c88-4ad1-bda6-0484e5c4ff38/

Ladybug2332 on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah I'm definitely in. I'm gonna send one of you motherfuckers a weird handmade Mexican junk metal sculpture again and you're gonna goddamn like it.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Wish List Post
    I am a dang ol' nerd.
    Interests are:
    Video games (Steam account link in signature image), notably RPGs, tactics and strategy games, roguelikes/roguelites, card games, and puzzle games. My only working console this days is a Switch.
    Books: Usually I read Sci-Fi and Fantasy stuff. Have read stuff like Discworld, Wheel of Time, GoT, Stormlight Archives, Dresden Files, Dune, Laundry Files, Wayfarers, Broken Earth, etc.
    TV/Movies: Like the MCU, anime (shounen stuff like MHA or Jujutsu Kaisen, oddball comedies/slice of life like Kaguya-Sama, Saiki K, or Eizouken mostly), animation (Steven Universe, AtLA, Gravity Falls, The Owl House, Adventure Time, Futurama, The Simpsons), uh good...television and movie stuff in general I guess.
    Music: Video game soundtracks, classic music, jazz (including places where those combine) make up the bulk of my listening but other stuff like Hades Town, musical soundtracks, singer/songwriter stuff is also in there . Piano and choral stuff. I play piano and sing. I own the Piano Collections books for FF7, 8, 9, 10, 13, and 15.
    Food: I'm an adequate cook and love eating food of most types (don't like seafood in general and can't even with shellfish. No allergy, just hate them.) I love baked goods, but am just a single person and have a family history of diabetes so keep that in mind if volume of sweets is something to consider.
    I wear a medium in shirts.

I have 2 cats that are basically my children.

I generally don't need decorative items that take up my limited table/counter space, but have plenty of walls to hang things on
    A lot of times the things I know I like I already have, so things that other people think are cool are neat

Specific wishlist things ranging from easily attainable to wild fantasy

More Ben Folds' sheet music books (I only have Rockin' the Suburbs)
    Xbox Series X controller + USBc cable
    Maybe a yoga mat so I stop minorly injuring myself when using my Ring Fit.
    Books: Lean UX: Designing Great Products With Agile Teams
    About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design
    Universal Principles of Design
    (I'm thinking about transitioning in UX is why)

Whisks of various sizes. I only have 1 regular sized whisk.
    New fingerless gloves. My apartment is always cold in the winter so they're nice for piano and video games. My cheapo 4 dollar amazon jobbos from a few years ago are starting to unravel.
    The latest Expanse book.
    My classical piano library is actually pretty thin. I have a few copies of pieces I worked on in high school and college, and a sort of smorgasbord book that was included with my piano. All the other classical music books we had were technically my sister's and she took them when she moved. I like Chopin, Beethoven, and Brahms especially. I don't really have any from folks like Satie, Scriabin, or Debussy either and they're all great. Actually anything newer than Mozart, and not something bonkers hard like Liszt or Rachmaninoff is great. If the book is spiral/ring bound, or one of those thinner ones with just a few pieces staple bound, those are ideal because they actually stay open. Normal bound books, especially bigger ones are a pain to fight with on a stand. Gotta keep smooshing and folding and cracking the spine.
    The Final Fantasy Piano Opera books (these are out of print i think)
    The FF 12, 10-2, and 14 piano collection books
    I'm thinking of maybe getting into streaming, so possibly a dedicated mic or camera
    true love

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Last year we combined our gifting list with G&T and it generally went pretty well! This year we are making that participation OPTIONAL, so please add your preference for combined lists in your email - "YES" to be combined with G&T, "NO" for SE++ only.

Regarding the combining with G&T thing, if I sign up here with the request to not be included in the G&T crowd, would we be allowed to sign up for the G&T Santa as well in an attempt to maximize gifting?
    Or is that going to be making things more complicated than a gift exchange should be?

see317 wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

Regarding the combining with G&T thing, if I sign up here with the request to not be included in the G&T crowd, would we be allowed to sign up for the G&T Santa as well in an attempt to maximize gifting?
    Or is that going to be making things more complicated than a gift exchange should be?

More complicated - please only sign up once.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    IMP-TIME!!!!!!

HIIIIIIYAAAAAAA

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Oh yeah I'm definitely in. I'm gonna send one of you motherfuckers a weird handmade Mexican junk metal sculpture again and you're gonna goddamn like it.

as long as it's also ticking the NSFW checkbox...

I'm not sure anything at the shop is NSFW, but if I get you, I will weld a dick onto it somewhere.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

I'm not sure anything at the shop is NSFW, but if I get you, I will weld a dick onto it somewhere.

... what have i done

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

... what have i done

Potentially gotten a dick-cactus sculpture.

PSN: jfrofl
    Oh they're not cactus sculptures. Some pics of my personal stuff from this place. So if you want to see the kind of shit I will get you, this is the kind of shit I will get you.
    7vw5rzf2acpr.jpg
    qj2pfg7pdgwu.jpg
    70dgq3lfrkhq.jpg
    cs37f26gppru.jpg
    ees7ghfe4a48.jpg

I can probably weld a dick onto anything, if that's your preference, just know it will look terrible.

lets see a dick on that mushroom speak n say!

Well that one already is a dick, if you loosen your definition of dick and get really creative and squint.

edited November 2021
    you uh

may want to see a doctor .... for your sake, hopefully an optometrist

edit: the Christmas season is upon us!

Xaquin on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Greetings Satan!
    Congratulations. You did it again, you waded through another year and came out in the giving spirit, I'm proud of you.
    I am an adult man, from Australia but now living in Canada. I have a lovely wife who is deep in the woods of a sourdough baking adventure (she would like a Banneton), and a handful of a son who is almost 4 and on the waitlist to be tested for Autism and/or general anxiety disorder (he would like fidget toys). I have recently reentered the workforce after a 3 year stint as a stay at home dad. I am a graphic designer/product developer at a place that makes activity kits.

Spurred on by a surprisingly supportive creative director at my new job, I've been focusing for the first time in my life on learning to illustrate. I can use adobe illustrator very efficiently, but I can't use it to create original illustrations - I can't draw. So I'm hoping to change that! I've been drawing with pens and pencils every day and following a couple of lesson plans (mostly Draw a Box), but I am very much enjoying experimenting with new drawing tools and media! I have a few things on my wishlist, but right now it's all fun and exciting so have at it!

I like to cook and bake, but my current kitchen is small and getting filled up with too many gadgets. I recently got into pour over coffee and basically don't have anything so if that's a thing you're also into you're welcome to hook me up with your favorite goodies. I like to play D&D, build model kits, listen to podcasts and audiobooks and watch movies. Please don't buy me clothes unless explicitly on my wishlist. I am into embroidered patches! Weird ones, funny ones, local ones, overtly leftist political ones - go nuts.

I play and DM 5e D&D at least once or twice a week and I'm in the middle of writing a self-contained one-shot adventure based on Tarot cards that I hope to polish enough to sell.

I have a PlayStation 5 and a Nintendo Switch and also a PC that will play video games but not like... well. if you want my PSN or Steam account deets please ask through an imp.

Usually I encourage my Satan to send gifts to my US postbox, but this year I'm wary of border travel wrt covid, so I'm only including my amazon.ca wishlist which can be found here. I will be updating that list and probably also this post over the following weeks. And hey if you find an item on there you'd like to get me but you wanna order it from a local supplier instead then do that because don't put money in Bezos' pocket on my behalf.

I love you and Happy hunting!

#pipe on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    !singup

Lalabox wrote: »
    !singup

kx9lyq4p8aoq.jpg

@Whippy can we get this and the Saints thread stickied?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m out again this year! I think it’s now been 4 years in a row I said something along the lines of, “NEXT YEAR I’LL HAVE THE MONEY!”

Next year though…I’LL HAVE THE MONEY

I’m out again this year! I think it’s now been 4 years in a row I said something along the lines of, “NEXT YEAR I’LL HAVE THE MONEY!”

Yeah I'm probably in the same boat actually

Even groceries have gotten really bad lately

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Yeah I'm probably in the same boat actually

Even groceries have gotten really bad lately

SAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNTS

for BOTH of you, we're hooking you up with some XXXmas cheer!

porn or booze?

aww heck, it's christmas, we can give both!

Xaquin wrote: »
    porn or booze?

aww heck, it's christmas, we can give both!

Boozy porn!

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    In and I'll get a wishlist post up soon enough.

HAIL SATAN!

I'm gonna send Steve one boob full of Schnapps.

Fireballs

Is this anything?

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Fireballs

Is this anything?

It's a sign you may want to visit your doctor.
    Or an anonymous clinic somewhere on the far side of town.

This discussion has been closed.