As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    @Corsini dropped a code on me for Maize!
    Maize is a first-person adventure game about what happens when two scientists misinterpret a memo from the U.S. Government and create sentient corn. And that last sentence is pretty much the least ridiculous thing about the game.

That sounds pretty amazing. Thank you very much! :heartbeat:

Jazz on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I beat COD1:UO with the red nub mouse.

Dark days

Plowed through Doom 2, and wow, courtyard and citadel were interesting. But Gotcha....dude...seriously. Fuck you, John Carmack, but in a good way

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I beat COD1:UO with the red nub mouse.

Dark days

Plowed through Doom 2, and wow, courtyard and citadel were interesting. But Gotcha....dude...seriously. Fuck you, John Carmack, but in a good way

Gotcha was designed by John Romero, so you've got something else to thank him for besides Daikatana

(incidentally, Sandy Peterson designed The Courtyard and Citadel)

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Okay, so we're finally on the 12th page, where we're not afraid of any gift-related threats from unscrupulous individuals. So I should go into more details about my plans for the charity drive.

I'm currently having some real-life problems, so this is the plan, but absolutely not 100% guaranteed yet. We will be having another charity drive this December, starting on the 15th (Which is 1 week before the steam sale starts) and stopping on the 5th the final day of the steam winter sale. For those of you who werent around for our previous sale drives i'll go over the plan real quick. We celebrate our sales and saving money by giving what we can spare to help others who are not as fortunate. We donate to Child's Play charity during the steam sale to help children who are in hospitals or otherwise sick experience something that can distract them from their own bad times. How do you contribute? You simply donate at https://childsplaycharity.org/ and then send me a screenshot of the receipt. You do NOT send any money to myself or any other forumer, you simply provide PROOF that you donated and we'll add you to the charity drive list. Once we reach certain goal amounts we'll have rewards, usually other forumers doing streams or other actions to entertain people.

For instance, if we reach $500 in donations i'll host another Backlog challenge this January, helping people find an excuse to clear out some of the games they've just purchased. :p If you would like to help out in the planning, or suggest goals feel free to message me on the boards.

Reminder: THIS DRIVE IS NOT ACTIVE YET, if you donate now its super nice but will not count. We're still planning everything to make this as good as we can. Also theres not 100% guarantee the drive will happen yet, should something unforeseen happen and pop up.

If you have ANY questions or concerns please message me. I promise I'll respond ASAP. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is RE4 HD out the box(so to speak) comparable to the fan HD patch?

https://www.re4hd.com/

I've always wanted to try that out.
    No. The textures for RE4HD are still pretty low resolution. the HD patch is on top of the HD version and brings the textures waaay up in resolution. most of them being remade from scratch using source photos.

Guess I'll find out! It was only $5, not a bad experiment.
    (Wondering how much it'll destroy my laptop...)

wVEsyIc.png
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Now that it is November, we can say that the Steam Deck (allegedly) starts shipping next month. I'm waiting impatiently for mine.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Some of us couldn't get the sign-ups to load at first and are stuck with Q2 2022.

Maybe lots of people will cancel and we'll get shifted up.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular

No. The textures for RE4HD are still pretty low resolution. the HD patch is on top of the HD version and brings the textures waaay up in resolution. most of them being remade from scratch using source photos.

I just installed the HD pack and tried it out but didn't notice a difference.

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Some of us couldn't get the sign-ups to load at first and are stuck with Q2 2022.

Hope not, I still need to pony up the cash. :lol:

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

That's a shame, I was following it for a while and it looked like a world of difference...

It's a pretty huge download, too. Guess I'll see...

wVEsyIc.png
    edited November 2021

If people get shifted up they should still get the option to retain their original date, to allow for getting the money together. No reason anyone should get bumped further down the line for not having the cash earlier than they anticipated they needed to.

Jazz on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

That's a shame, I was following it for a while and it looked like a world of difference...

It's a pretty huge download, too. Guess I'll see...

Yeah I've seen the before/after photos and they always look great but I just couldn't tell you if it looked any better than the HD textures to be honest. I didn't play very far though as I just finished my first ever Pro run late August.

@MNC Dover remains as cryptic as ever.

4munubahlpmq.jpg

I'm still not sure how this was worked out, but thank you either way for the absolute classic Ikaruga! :heartbeat:

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Oh @CorriganX, you came so close to shooting yourself. :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Jazz wrote: »
    @MNC Dover remains as cryptic as ever.

4munubahlpmq.jpg

I'm still not sure how this was worked out, but thank you either way for the absolute classic Ikaruga! :heartbeat:

Me neither...

28bm2n42zeiz.png

But thanks @MNC Dover !

My MP3 collection will put this game to the test. Hope the devs like eclectic mixes.

wVEsyIc.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I guess page 12 is as good as ever. I'll be doing my Extra-Life 2021 marathon on Saturday, November 27th. It's later than usual and it'll only be ~12 hours, but I imagine I'll start around 10am EST and go until I get tired which will probably be around midnight. My goal will be $2k as always, and I'll be raffling the usual steam prizes (One steam game of your choice, and a $100USD digital Steam Card) from the previous runs, but nothing physical this time around. All you need to do to enter the raffle is donate at least $5 by the following Monday morning. I'll pull winners then and post them here :). Try to include your PA name in the donation message so I can message you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Koopah is the dono link! I'll have a Twitch extension up on my channel as well thanks to Extra-Life making streamer's lives easy.

Thanks friends! <3

KoopahTroopah on
    One day I should do another FMV game marathon for Child's Play, assuming they don't have me blacklisted. I have a lot more now than last time.

wVEsyIc.png
    @MNC Dover wasn't done.

n8xt5hwsu5jg.jpg

I got hit with @Corsini 's avatar Ittle Dew! Thankies! :heartbeat:

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh so it was factors of 12 on page 12

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Before I forget (I was kind of tired last night, sorry for not saying anything then), @Spoit was his usual twitchy self and hit me with a code for Star Wars Galaxies! I'm looking forward to giving this a try- mostly because I think it's going to be the closest to my dream Star Wars game as I'm going to get, unfortunately...

But many thanks for the gift!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    So, my joke post backfired me:
    vpxhr8iz1wi8.jpg
    Thank you @MNC Dover. <3
    I totally blame Jazz who posted right before my post could make #440 of the thread and thus safely make it BotP 11 as I intended to (I just found it out since, for some reason, my post still showed in page 11 when I made it this morning).

JaysonFour wrote: »
    Before I forget (I was kind of tired last night, sorry for not saying anything then), @Spoit was his usual twitchy self and hit me with a code for Star Wars Galaxies! I'm looking forward to giving this a try- mostly because I think it's going to be the closest to my dream Star Wars game as I'm going to get, unfortunately...

But many thanks for the gift!

That game still exists? Awesome!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So is it safe to post now then?

steam_sig.png
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    So, my joke post backfired me:
    vpxhr8iz1wi8.jpg
    Thank you MNC Dover. <3
    I totally blame Jazz who posted right before my post could make #440 of the thread and thus safely make it BotP 11 as I intended to (I just found it out since, for some reason, my post still showed in page 11 when I made it this morning).

Happy to help :twisted:

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    /gloatmode_on

Ha! I was right!

I called @MNC Dover's game like a week ago. Posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 on page 12.

/gloatmode_off

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Depends on if everything is a well thought out ruse

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    It depends on wherever someone feeds MNC Dover after midnight before the current thread gets closed.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

It's as safe to post now as it's ever been

@MNC Dover , yesterday:
    uf5wptjw7nfq.jpg

Jazz wrote: »
    @MNC Dover , yesterday:
    uf5wptjw7nfq.jpg

More like
    0kcgoakhv1y1.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Fun fact: I was actually going to just gift the 12th post of the thread, but by the time I got finished writing up my post, the thread had moved past the 12th spot. So I had to improvise on the fly. Costly, but certainly more fun!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Fun fact: I was actually going to just gift the 12th post of the thread, but by the time I got finished writing up my post, the thread had moved past the 12th spot. So I had to improvise on the fly. Costly, but certainly more fun!

Yeah. That would have to factor into your considerations.

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Okay, so we're finally on the 12th page, where we're not afraid of any gift-related threats from unscrupulous individuals.

I almost accidentally whammied myself by responding to this bit right after Corrigan posted it. I only realized at the last minute that would make mine post #6. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    1vrCNjN.png
    @MNC Dover cluster bomb has continued with Shantae:Risky's Revenge

Please try recording this line
    Your human comrades have greatly exaggerated the threat of sexual assault by waterfowl. Please holster your weapons.

MNC Dover wrote: »

Fun, but in no sense civilized!

wVEsyIc.png
    This is quite impressive: There is a mod that lets you fight the battles of Crusader King 3 in real time with Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord:
    https://youtu.be/iW0MpZJgcvo

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I am so ready for the freaking Steam Deck now. I got my money, now it just needs to be December.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    1vrCNjN.png
    MNC Dover cluster bomb has continued with Shantae:Risky's Revenge

Please try recording this line
    Your human comrades have greatly exaggerated the threat of sexual assault by waterfowl. Please holster your weapons.

I'm slightly bugged that number 3 got the second Shantae game.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to edit out the batsignal, sorry.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I am so ready for the freaking Steam Deck now. I got my money, now it just needs to be December.

How many people here managed to snag a December reservation?

Mine's Q1, and I hope that's January (or bumped to December), and not, like, the end of March.