As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2021 - PERFECT GIFTING COMPLETED!

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."

No! My national identity! *crumbles to the floor*
    I’m out again this year! I think it’s now been 4 years in a row I said something along the lines of, “NEXT YEAR I’LL HAVE THE MONEY!”

Next year though…I’LL HAVE THE MONEY

I'm gonna need a statement from your accountant detailing the plan for accumulating this "money", otherwise come November, you'll receive A Canadian Amount of Money to ensure your participation in Secret Satans 2022.

If I can afford to, of course. Which I should, because I should be graduating next year. And I hear new CompSci grads are in high demand in many industries! And they command a relatively high salary!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Hello, O Darkest of Benefactors! Here is some pertinent information that may be relevant to your dark works.

First, here is a Steam wishlist, for all your wishlist needs!

The vast majority of my game library is on PC at this point, but I also have a Switch! Said Switch currently has Breath of the Wild, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Pokemon Snap!

For non-wishlist information:

-As far as books and music go, my taste is painfully limited and eclectic. So anything that you like and would like to share with me, feel free.

-If you are a crafty person, I am also down for receiving whatever craft(s) you are inclined to send!

-For clothing and similar concerns, I typically wear a Men's XXL shirt size.

-I am a huge Destiny / Bungie nerd, so whatever Space Wizard related nonsense you want to send my way would be very welcome.

-I play a lot of D&D, both as a player and a DM; I am set for hardcover books right now, but practical equipment like dice, playmats, and carrying cases would be extremely welcome. If you have a tabletop system that you enjoy and would like to share, feel free.

-I haven't been able to do a lot of traveling this year, but I do tend to get to a PAX or two during the year, and some new traveling supplies would be welcome. If you've got any Travel Related Products that you would recommend, I am willing to give them a shot.

-As far as hardware goes, my PC is pretty good for no w in terms of up-to-date hardware. I should probably start looking at a new monitor at some point, but that's really all I'm thinking of getting on the tech end right now.

-And because we are living in a... let's say historically dense period, donations to Black Lives Matter, indigenous support funds, LGBTQIA+ support funds, and other similar good causes are always welcome. I also think Child's Play does wonderful work, so donations to them would also be welcome.

Hopefully that's a solid foundation to work from! I'll likely keep tinkering with the list over the next couple days and adding stuff to the Steam wishlist, but this should ideally cover the majority of the bases. I'll also be working on an Amazon wishlist, I just need some time to sort through the storefront and get a list together.

Thank you for taking part in this most Profane of Holiday Rituals, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! <3

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm getting you a post for christmas!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Lalabox wrote: »
    !singup

kx9lyq4p8aoq.jpg

haha fuck you lizzy

• Options
    edited November 2021
    this can be my wishlist post

Sorry I still don't use amazon so i don't have a wishlist on there. I've linked to a bunch of places that I like, but sorry that it might be a little difficult to gift wrap stuff or bundle them.
    Once again thank you so much for being a part of this. After these last two fucking years, it's really lovely of you to be doing this. My gift list is still a little scattered, since I don't really maintain much of an amazon list or anything and because I'm a bit unclear with what i want myself. It's probably hard to get something for folks you don't know, but if you can think of anything to surprise me with, i'd be delighted.

late addition but oh shit I just realised that you should get me a big trans flag that i can mount on my wall/door.

Geographically me
    I'm in Sydney, Australia. Which is annoying for shipping as well as quarantine stuff. Sorry. If you are thinking of sending food (which I would love), you might have to make sure with customs. A couple years back, Perrsun sent me some spice rub and a really nice garlic sauce, so it's definitely possible if a little expensive. I do like a good hot sauce (although i'm more interested in them tasting good rather than being hot enough to kill someone etc).

I have no relevant allergies (I guess don't try to send me a cat or a pollen storm).

Physically me
    I'm a 29 year old trans woman. I'm around 6 foot 2 and around 260 pounds.

Been on HRT for about 7/8 months now. I don't really know clothes measurements all that well just yet, so I'm not too sure if there's anything to get there. Like, I'm an Australia 20/22, and that's just not a measurement that gets used anywhere else.

Psykoma was kind enough to send me a whole lot of makeup products from Sephora last year and while i still haven't been able to take full advantage of the gift card to get a lesson or a foundation yet. I guess i would still really like an eyeliner pencil and i really really love colourful nail polishes, and i should look into getting some lipsticks and glosses. I really like vibrant colours in general, blues and purples. Love a green. If you can get a nice orange nail polish i'd be very happy.

I am always on lookout for colourful, patterned socks. I am a UK size 12/13, US 13/14. A lot of mine currently have holes in them. I also recently made a small order from sock dreams, included some trans and bi flag thigh highs, because yes, I have fallen completely into that trans girl stereotype and i'm having a great time. Next thing you know I'll be getting some cat ears and a choker.

Anyway, when it comes to socks, here are some ones i'm eyeing.

I guess i need to buy tights at some point?

i put down that u can send me nsfw gifts, but tbh i kinda have most of the sex toys i'm looking at so i guess if u really want u can send me something that's either super gay or really really funny

Gaming
    I'm quite into video games. I've just got a pc, but on the plus side, you can see exactly what I've got in my my steam profile. (the steam wishlist should now be in order) Generally, I'm a big fan of shooting games, games that put a lot of emphasis on movement, cool singleplayer games.

Recently gotten into racing games a bit.

i might sort of need a new xbox controller for my computer? My current one has something wrong where it thinks that the left trigger is constantly being held down and while i might try to fix it, it might be better just to get a new controller that i can hook up (I have a blutooth dongle)

Hobbies
    I am into warhammer, but finding time to paint the stuff i actually have is a bit hard, so i don't think i need too much more. Maybe if you wanna send me some nice brushes, as my current ones are getting a bit old? I'm looking for some fine details ones. If u wanna spend waaaaay too much money on me, you could buy me an airbrush kit? Got no idea where i'd even be able to store it and use it in my house but???

I also really, really love artworks. If you would like to make something, I would really, really appreciate it. Other people's creations are amazing. My brother is a ceramicist, and has filled my parents' house with all sorts of lovely bowls and plates and various dishes and vases.

I'm also a big fan of odd gadgets and stuff.

Comics
    I'm into comics in a pretty big way. I only really buy trades, but they are taking over a bigger and bigger section of my shelf. Usually Book Depository can be pretty good for free shipping, although it can take a bit long to arrive which has frustrated some of my satans in past years.

Comics series I've got currently (I'll put most recent trade I've got after the relevant ones): Die (4), Doom Patrol (Way and Derington) (2) Superman Birthright, Top 10, Transformers Last Stand of the Wreckers (I've got all the More than Meets the Eye and Robots in disguise ones that were released as part of that pdf bundle a bit ago, Black Widow (noto run), Hawkeye, Ellis's Moon Knight, Ms Marvel (5), MockingBird, Superior Foes of Spiderman, Bitch Planet (2), East of West (all), (probably one of my favourites), Injection (3) (used to love this one, but warren ellis), Kill Six Billion Demons (4), Lazarus (6), Paper Girls (6), Rat Queens (3), Saga (9), Sex Criminals (6), Trees (2) Velvet (1), The Wicked and the Divine (all), Transmetropolitan (all), plus I've also got the Rice Boy book, and the first book for the webcomic Derelict. I really love just about all of these. I'm generally quite into Image books, but, if you've got something that you love, and would like to share it, I would most certainly be willing. I'm also a huge fan of webcomics. I do already also have The Fix, but I really don't like it all that much at all.

I also really really really need to get my hands on volume 4 of Chainsaw Man, bc i've got 1,2,3 and 5, but 4 seems to be out of print? So if you can somehow get your hands on volume 4, i will love you. edit: very sorry, but vol 4 finally showed up in a local store, so ive now got all the vols up to 7

I'm looking to get into more comics, since a lot of the series i was following have ended, and quite a few of the ones that didn't are warren ellis ones and i don't feel good about reading his stuff anymore. I've been interested in Goddess Mode, Faction adn Aja's Iron Fist, maybe Grayson and Midnighter (which i've read a bit of and heard great things). Also, if you want to get me books, Book Depository.com has free shipping worldwide which ends up making it cheaper for Australia than amazon. I would also really appreciate some more suggestions for series (new or old) to get into.

With regards to TV shows and films, i really want to get my hands on seasons 2 and 3 of Legion, The Lighthouse, Blood Punch, One Cut of the Dead, Tragedy Girls. Just buy me dvds, I like physical stuff.

Other books
    I'm really into modern queer scifi novels. I love Anne Leckie's stuff (I have all of Ancilliary Justice and Providence). I really enjoyed a Memory called Empire and the sequel and I have absolutely adored Kate Elliot's Unconquerable Sun. I've also got a copy of She Who Became the Sun and Iron Widow and I really need to read those soon. I really enjoyed the Three Body Problem series and I enjoyed the first book of the Ninefox Gambit.

heard great things about Matha Wells' Murderbot series.

I'm also a fan of non-fiction, and my favourite books are In the Blink of an Eye, King Leopold's Ghost, To End All Wars, Dancing in the Glory of Monsters, and the Dictator's handbook.

Music
    I'm hugely into Chvrches, Bec Sandridge, Carly Rae Jepsen's Emotion Side B, Sayonara Wild Hearts Janelle Monae, Hayley Kiyoko, Phoenix, the Protomen, Daft Punk, Fever Ray, Kavinsky, the Knife, Of Montreal, Zhu, Safia, Peking Duk, Run the Jewels and Neil Cicierega. If you know the radio station Triple J. That's generally the sort of music I like. Maybe leaning more towards lesbian pop. Interesting melodies and such. Buy me a CD, i love physical media and i've never gotten into streaming.

I'd love any of the Chrches albulms, maybe some CRJ.

Food
    I'm am super into cooking, and trying things from other places, and I love collecting and reading cookbooks (I should probably post a photo of my housemate and my collection). I've heard great things about Falastin by Sami Tamimi and Tara Wigley. My friends got me a cool book called Parwana which is from an Afghan restaurant here in Sydney.

But, I'm also willing to try a whole bunch of new things. Like with everything else, if you are passionate about it, that's probably good enough to make me passionate about it as well. (Like seriously, Khoo sent me the ramen cookbook, and it sent me down a huge ramen rabbit hole and basically introduced me to what is now one of my favourite foods.) I'm also pretty patient when it comes to cooking, and am willing to spend a lot of time if I think the result is worth it. I've spent about 2 full days of cooking, just to serve some ramen bowls to my family. Couple years back Cello sent me a wonderful book called the Joe Beef Surviving the Apocalypse which is very Canadian and i haven't even managed to cook anything from it but it's just amazing to read. I love cool stuff like that.

If you want to send me food things, be aware of customs, and what is probably a super long travel time, but at the same time, oh hell yes I would absolutely love that.

There's also an australian company that has really good spices called Herbies as well as another one called Gewürzhaus. The house I live in has a really well stocked spice cabinet, but I am always interested in more interesting mixes, and some of the kit gift boxes. But if you see anything that inspires you, then go for it. I'm also looking at some more chipotle powder (that stuff is so good), i'm also looking for some more Herbes de Provence.

Lalabox on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I'm gonna send Steve one boob full of Schnapps.

I will suckle at this alcoholic teat in your honor

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I'm gonna send Steve one boob full of Schnapps.

I will suckle at this alcoholic teat in your honor

SE++ business as usual

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I like stuff and later I will talk about all the stuff I would like people to buy for me, here, in this post.

I would very much like a boat (a Huki V1-X to be specific). If you figure out a way to buy me that boat I'll paddle a Strava route that spells out "Thank you, [Your Name]" and post it on the forums.

But there's lots of other stuff I enjoy that isn't a boat, and later, I will tell you about those things.

EDIT: LATER HAS BECOME NOW.

Okay hi Satan!

It's been a real treat to live through this year so thanks for that.

I still live in Singapore and I have not really picked up any NEW hobbies during the pandemmy. Except for sewing patches on a denim jacket, and embroidering my own Christmas stocking. I guess I did those things. And I also quadrupled the number of plants in my home. It's like. A LOT of plants.

Important to know about Singapore: the language of government and business is English here, AND we have a LOT of international brands and branches of shops from other countries. IKEA? We got that. Crate & Barrel? Yep. Isetan! Uhh Uniqlo! Marks & Spencer! You get the idea. Point is, if you want to avoid international shipping fees, you can use the internet to see if there's a local source. You can look at Honeycombers SG for local "best of" ideas too.

I am passionate about steel framed bicycles and the riding thereof. I have two bikes, a "grandpa's thermos" blue Surly Disc Trucker for gravel touring and a purple-pink fade All-City Zig-Zag for road riding. I love working on these and upgrading them and coordinating my accessories and shit to match them. I also really like supporting small RAR CIP pledge businesses related to bike stuff.

I am also an outrigger canoe enthusiast (I'm on my club management committee) and am planning to buy my first single craft this month now that I have a place to put it at our boathouse. There are always accoutrements around open water sports to be found. Rashguards, leashes, multitools, gloves, safety stuff and the like. (I do own a high quality PFD so I don't need that.)

I also do yoga! Because of Singapore's current restrictions all of my yoga happens at home and it kinda sucks shit but it's better than no yoga at all.

Outside of physical activities, I read a lot, and have a Switch and a PS4. I was going to buy myself a PS5 but I think they're fake actually? The last game I bought was Hades but I'm still playing Spiritfarer so I haven't gotten to it yet. When it comes to games, I enjoy sandboxy stuff, humour, puzzle-solving, and action-adventure. I do not like JRPGs or strategy games, or anything where the combat is turn-based, with an exception for Transistor. While I'm reading I listen to music! I listen to music a lot really. My record player seems to be thinking of dying but I have a medium-sized vinyl collection that's a hodgepodge of new wave classics, jazz and oddities (the last two albums I bought were Plantasia and Island Sounds from Japan 2009-2016). Everything else I listen to digitally.

I cook regularly - I take most of my meals at home. I put a couple of kitchen items on my wishlist (cutting boards, nice 1-quart saucepan) but I don't really need anything that isn't listed on there unless you've got a great sight-unseen solution for an overflowing spice cabinet.

Here's a tricky bit for this year - I'm trying to Marie Kondo a bit so there are some specific things I don't particularly want any more of right now:

Vintage cookbooks that aren't on my book wishlist (I'm out of space for them)
    Cookbooks generally (see above)
    Indoor decor stuff

I would love, if you do choose to deal with international shipping, to receive some things that are local to you! And because of the Marie Kondoing mentioned above, you could also consider things that are consumable (not literally necessarily) or digital (no NFTs please, haha) or have a functional element. But really whatever speaks to you will be a delight - if you think you know THE PERFECT Lost Salient thing and I didn't mention it here, go wild, live that dangerous lifestyle, etc etc.

I have no idea how well this Dropbox Paper idea for my wishlist will work but HERE IT IS.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I will buy you a boat only if you promise to get it stuck in a canal and disrupt worldwide shipping

• Options
    I will buy you a boat only if you promise to get it stuck in a canal and disrupt worldwide shipping

It's not that I'm not willing

It's just that they're typically made of vaccuumed carbon so they're hella breakable

That is to say the boat snaps in half, which is unlikely to disrupt worldwide shipping unless everything is being shipped on the boat and ends up at the bottom of the sea

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Look you can't make an omelet without breaking a few boats.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    That boat has to go back at some point! It can only dare fate for so long.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    First time signing up for Satans, though I've been in the CF and G&T Secret Santas for years.
    Figured since the G&T and SE++ gifting events are merging kind of, I'd sign up down here this year.

With that said, the requisite post information ahead:
    So, Amazon wish list:
    Mostly this is a dumping ground where I put stuff that I think I might buy, then forget about altogether.
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/27W72X67MCBGU?ref_=wl_share
    You might find some inspiration there. I've cleaned out some stuff, added some other stuff. It's mostly up to date so that anything I've bought myself is off the list.

Here's the signup I sent in for the G&T/SE++ signup last year:
    Hints (what you want me to pass on immediately, examples: Gamertags, systems owned, etc.):
    Mostly PC gaming, older school stuff. RPGs are good.
    I've got lots of backlog on the Steam Account (See317) and on GOG (also See317, because I'm real creative with names), but can always use more backlog.
    System wise, I've got a 3DS, a Playstation 2, an original Xbox and a 360.

I read a fair amount, mostly sci-fi and fantasy, but I'm open to pretty much anything if you've got a favorite book you want to share. Comics are also cool if you want to go that way.
    Random geeky knickknacks are always cool for the desk at work.
    If you want to go the geeky T-shirt route, I wear 3xl, generally prefer darker colors.
    LEGO is always fun.

I'm into tabletop RPGs, and would like some more of the FFG StarWars source books, I have Edge of the Empire currently.
    I'm pretty well set for D&D books, but miniatures are always appreciated, prepainted, unpainted, hand painted, it's all good. I DM for my friends, and am looking forward to actually being able to do so in person eventually, so dungeon tiles would be cool towards that end.
    That's all applicable still.

I post in the GunPla thread on occasion, so that may be a direction to go in. Also assorted D&D and tabletop game threads across the forums.

What I'm looking forward to though, is stuff that I don't know that I want. Weird stuff (though not weird in an NSFW way, please). Fun games that you enjoy, a good book that you want to share, some snack food that I've likely never heard of or a favorite movie that you'd like to share. Weird kitchen utensils you never thought you'd use but have become necessities when you cook. That kind of thing.
    Well, Future Satan (or Santa), hope that gives you some direction to go on.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Nobody got their gifts yet??

Bunch of slackers up in here

• Options
    I could send you a pizza I guess

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

I’m trying to lower my carbs!

• Options
    lower em into your belly!

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021

Got it, cauliflower crust pizza it is!

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Oh neat yeah I'll sign up.

WISHLIST, Edited from last year jeez what was I even into:

Dear Satan, I'm a Canadian Graphic Designer (CGD) and 34... 35? years old?? and am 5'9"-ish, with a bigger build on top than bottom, like an Ox if Ox walked upright and looked nothing at all like an Ox. Most medium size things fit me, but I'm getting comfortable being in L because Covid depression eating and losing control of my life in general. I have an Aussie wife and 2-year old girl. I game on Xbox, PC and Switch. Just recently upgraded my computer to handle ray-tracing and high fidelity whatever, and also game in VR now and then. Currently I'm into MS Flight Simulator, shooters and racing games. I can't actually think of much I'm currently wanting to play, but I'm sure they will make their way onto my Amazon list as I think of 'em. I'm also into birding and birding adjacent stuff. I used to be pretty plain in my personal style, but am trying new bold things (brighter colours, cool ass prints and stuff). I also collect Back to the Future DeLorean toys/models and build Ghostbusters props! You may think this means I'm super into 80's stuff but I'm actually only into those two specific things so miss me with your Goonies references!

My Amazon wishlist can be viewed HERE (feel free to not purchase me stuff off Amazon if you hate Bezos and aren't yet completely enslaved by his machine as I am)

I also like the following things in no particular order:

-i like Whiskey, it's GOOD. Also Peanut M&M's.
    Also KoRn coffee is a thing I dig.

-Stylish shirts and sweaters with birds and or foxes.

-Internet underwear. Always need more undies! I'll think of you every time I put them on. I'm between a size M or L and like boxer briefs! If there is an underwear you are currently wearing and it does your fellas good hook a brother up! NO ONE YET HAS BOUGHT ME UNDERWEAR AND I HAVE NOT BOUGHT MY OWN PLEASE SAVE ME FROM THIS FATE.

-EDIBLES. If you can legally send me drugs do that. I like stuff that gives nice groovy chills where it seems like you never actually listened to a song before, man, you know?

-Local art or tchotchkes if you live in an interesting place (or a boring one I guess).

-I don't read a lot of comics but I want to read that TMNT Last Ronin run that's going on right now. I also want to read that recent Flintstones collection where everyone is depressed. Yabba dabba doo! Also like Achewood and hear he maybe has a book coming out in the next decade.

-If you have deep pockets I could use the expandable storage for my Xbone Series X.

-Ignore all this and donate to a cool charity. I HATE not getting cool stuff but charities LOVE it.

Also, it is imperative that if my Satan lives in Australia please send the following
    -Tin(s) of Milo
    -Cadbury black forest chocolate bar(s)
    -Please convince everyone to get vaccinated so I can fly back.

My daughter is super into Bluey, also construction stuff and rainbows and things. Loves owls and spiders.

-

NSFW is okie dokie.

I'll update more as I think of stuff.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

Hey, that's what a meat crust pizza is for!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    i love

updating my wishlist post

chance to reflect on the past year

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I appreciate all of the "here's my Amazon wishlist I'll see bezos in hell" comments.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    So like...

it's really easy to create and share wishlists on amazon and I fully encourage people to do it

but also you can usually buy and ship an item direct from its manufacturer for the same price if not less.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    So like...

it's really easy to create and share wishlists on amazon and I fully encourage people to do it

but also you can usually buy and ship an item direct from its manufacturer for the same price if not less.

Granted, half the time their fulfillment will be by Amazon, but at least we tried.
    At the very least we can use Smile.amazon.com to send some bucks to a charity.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's handy as single list of actual items to look at though, since you can basically browse all of existence to add things to it. And then find that thing elsewhere to purchase.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm converting mine into a Dropbox Paper doc. Screw Amazon.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    GiftHero is pretty good for a non-Bezos alternative. It works pretty well pulling out the price and item from the product page and it's easy enough to drag around and re-order into priority order

You just have to know the recipients address as it's not tied in to an account like with the Amazon wishlist

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I have left the choice in my Satan's hands as there is no ethical consumption in capitalism so do what works best for you

Cristoval on
  • Options
    i can't really claim any moral standing bc i just never got into amazon bc they've been crap in australia

• Options
    also @Psykoma

yesterday, after nearly a year, i was finally able to go into a sephora and get a foundation for myself. it's pretty good

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    <3 hope it was a good experience

• Options
    Annd my wishlist post is updated as is my signature. Merrrrry Satansmas!

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Dear Secret Satan Participant,
    I am a recently married 38-year-old boring white dude in middle America. I have a small house with a small yard that I share with my wife and small doggie. My interests are video games, cooking, biking, camping, hiking, boating, fishing, and sports. My sports interests are mostly NBA basketball and NFL football for spectating and volleyball for playing.

This year, with the crazy supply chain, I am trying to give gifts of locally made products from nearby markets and vendors. I don't demand you do the same but I am encouraging the idea to support local businesses and artisans in these interesting times. I understand that might not work for everyone though so I'll do my best to keep my Amazon list current which is listed in my signature.

I have a PS5, a PC, and Nintendo Switch that are all fairly evenly utilized. I picked up Warhammer 40k as a hobby during covid and love the lore and stuff but I already have too many figures to paint. If you're a fellow 40k nerd and want to give something from that I would prefer other items than unpainted figures.

I travel a decent amount in my profession and used to personally pre-COVID, so I appreciate products designed to make travel and packing more convenient. I love socks: warm socks, stylish socks, funny socks, etc. They are all appreciated on my feets. You can get something for the doggie* if you wish but no stuffed toys. She ruins them in minutes and it's a waste.

*UPDATE: Also, no hard stuff. She's kind of a goofus and would gnaw so hard on antlers and the like that it damaged a tooth. Any chew or toy needs to be soft enough that you can indent it with a fingernail.

Shirt size: MED
    Pants: 33W/32L
    Feets: US Men Sizes 10-11

That's all I have for now. I may update this later as I get ideas.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    What's up nerds

I'm technically unemployed, which may sound like a bad thing but also means that I have unlimited puppet making time, so let's fucking go

Anyways wishlist stuff is here

For your direct wishlist needs, I have a fairly well maintained list available on Gift Hero. It's like an Amazon wishlist but I don't have Amazon so it just bounces you around to assorted other places. Don't feel beholden to the specific stores I've linked there or anything like that - I have stuff like my local board game store listed more for mine own purposes than as part of a desire to only get things from there. It's mostly going to be books and board games because those are the concrete things that I know I'm going to want (I think there's also an Etsy wishlist linked through there - be more cautious with that one as that tends to be less maintained).

The thing is though, I'm also quite interested in the things that I don't know that I want. I love all sorts of oddities and weird shit and if you think that you want to send me any thing of that sort, I'll be elated. I've got shelves full of complicated wooden puzzles and antique veterinary needles and weird knives already, I'm sure I'll be able to find a place for whatever you want to send me. Also and especially art, if you make art (or crafts, I'm a big fan of crafts), send me art!

I like both tabletop RPGs and board games quite a bit, and you'll find some of those represented on that wishlist from earlier. With RPGs, I tend to prefer small indie things, rather than the big names, as I end up reading more than actually playing these days. With board games, I'm fond of things that play well with two players but can accommodate more. If you want to know what sorts of things I already have, there's this sporadically updated list to cover board games, but I don't have anything of the sort set up for RPGs. If you want to know more, I can make a list for you, of course.

I enjoy food and cooking, and would always appreciate some sort of local delicacy, if you have one. Ideally not seafood, as I won't eat it, but it will get eaten I'm sure. I drink coffee and tea and alcohol, and would enjoy any of those that you sent me as well.

Hopefully that's enough information, but let me know if you need or want more. Mostly know that I'll be delighted by whatever you send me because if you've read this far, you officially count as a friend (I'm sorry), and I'm always delighted to get fun gifts from friends.

Finally, just as a note for the anxious Satan, I might not post the very second I receive something - I tend to need eight to ten hours of time taking and editing pictures before I can post about my gifts. It's cool, don't worry about it.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey can everyone who's signed up check and make sure they're in the list here? If you signed up and don't see your name, please PM me!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/44161878/#Comment_44161878

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I decided to sing up as well, so:
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/44190117/#Comment_44190117

This is my first SE++ one, I think(via combination, but still counts!).
    I live by myself with two cats and have a plethora of consoles(pretty much anything Sega shy of the MS, but I don't have any Xbox past the 360 or a PS5, the newest consoles I have are a vanilla PS4 and a switch.

I like board games, card games, and tabletop stuff, though the trick is finding people to play them with. :lol:

I have entirely too many World of Darkness RPG books, mostly since I read them for the lore(pretty sure I have damn near every Mage: The Awakening book for instance, and too many Vampire: The Masquerade ones).

I love all kinds of movies, especially foreign, indie, stuff I've never heard of, etc.
    Same goes for games, though I'm not much for FPSes unless they have a good story(Spec Ops) or are just super fun/challenging(Doom 2016, Vanquish, Bulletstorm). I love RPGs, strategy games, rhythm games, quirky stuff, etc.

And that's a negatory on NSFW stuff, please.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    So like...

I've been looking up shit on Amazon and buying from the manufacturer for my past couple purchases but these fuckers always send by fed-ex which adds like 2 weeks onto the shipping because these fuckers don't want to pay their employees.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Wishlist Post:
    Hello friend!

So I'm a big guy, 6 foot 1, wear a size 11.5 extra wide shoe, and I own a Switch and a PC and also do a little mobile gaming.

I recently got back into reading actual books. Like physical books! I also read lots of comics.

I like D&D, really any tabletop RP games, I also like board games, and do both resin and filament 3D printing as a hobby. I also do mini-painting. I like to cook, love hot sauce and am have recently gotten back into reading. My wishlist is probably not nearly updated enough, but it has some examples of stuff? https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/19FGWFJR7NKR5?ref_=wl_share

I also really like local gifts. Which is to say, stuff from where you are. You got a cool coffee spot? I'd love to try some! Have a favorite local craft store? Make me something!

Bucketman on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I reckon I'd like to sign up for this year, been pretty...haggard

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Satan!!

My oh my, and goodness gracious me, what a year it has been. I can't hardly believe it's time for the great Sataning already. I'm ever so excited and grateful for anything your benevolent vileness might bestow upon me.  

Things I enjoy:

-Jazz, Heavy Metal, and Vinyl Records
    -Beer and Whisky
    -Home made baked goods
    -Leather Goods
    -Viking/Pagan Idolatry and Iconography
    -Books about interesting subjects/Anything I've heard about on NPR's Fresh Air

If you're looking for things in specific, Attached you'll find some wish lists for material goods that I might fancy to fill the gaping hole in my life made my a year plus without genuine human contact.

Happy Sataning!

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
This discussion has been closed.