As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th, where the end of the world is on the way!

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if that's Cid's dad we see from behind in the trailer.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    I'm wondering if that's Cid's dad we see from behind in the trailer.

Looking at the Garlean banner? Looked like Nero's hair.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Clearly they delayed on purpose because of Legion Timewalking

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

My hype levels are off the charts, even with me having to change my pto days
    Emet-Selch voiceover??? More Emet-Selch? Yes, more of the evil rat man, plz and thank you

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    how late do you think THIS live letter is going to go, considering it was "primarily about DoL/DoH changes and PVP" and we haven't even started that

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    new maps, same as the old maps

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Wishing all
    LYON NOTE 2 FARMERS
    a very
    COOL HOVERBIKE

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Dang. This lined up with US Thanksgiving so well, too. Now it lines up with nothing. Oh well. Guess I’ll be ignoring Legion Timewalking completely now.

• Options

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    You have no idea how happy it makes me that we're getting Tower Control from Splatoon as a mode.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I wish I enjoyed how WoW/FF14 PvP actually played

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I like filling out bars.

Thank you for this new bar, Yoshi-P.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I wish I enjoyed how WoW/FF14 PvP actually played

I need to see what the mechanical changes will actually look like in the end, but I'm definitely curious to where they're going with this. Especially when they mentioned that role restrictions are going out, and there's more actions designed specifically for PvP content.

EDIT: Oh wow, the new mode getting all the ranked stuff makes more sense now that The Feast is going away in 6.1.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    ding dong
    coffee biscuits are dead
    ding dong

there was wailing and lamenting in the streets

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    THE FEAST IS DEAD! IT'S DEAD AND BURIED AND I'M DANCING ON ITS GRAVE

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    100% understand the disappointment and especially those who already requested and had time off approved at work, but if Yoshi-P's note didn't make me feel sad enough, the Twitter replies are just brutal. People are just so mean, and the amount of "we pay your salary" entitled whining is just a bummer. I want to give the man a big hug.

He's the complete opposite of "just shit this thing out and we'll patch it later." So much pride in his team's work.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Most of the live comments were super positive so I think Yoshi is good
    edit-
    okay
    now they arent..but for a very dumb reason

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    So it looks like if you're between two levels when the downscaling happens, your gained experience towards the next level will be reset to zero.

So make sure to get that last ding before expansion maintenance

• Options
    most important news: viera gonna get some of the generic shared hairstyles unlocked at launch, more over time as they work through them, and they have some sort of plan to make hairstyles work for hrothgar that they'll start working on post 6.1

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    It also sounds like they did with male viera what they should have done with females 2.5 years ago, because the translator said that there 'would be no limitations' on male viera hairstyles.

• Options
    and they called me crazy for always keeping my GC seals near maxed.
    WHO IS MOCKING WHO NOW

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    now we just need viera and hrothgar hats, tell me if they say/have said anything about that I have to sleep

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HROTHGAR MAKE GACHAPON

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    ding dong
    coffee biscuits are dead
    ding dong

there was wailing and lamenting in the streets

Man, it was a good day until now :(

• Options
    The people of the Crystarium are in for a big caffeine headache.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    now we just need viera and hrothgar hats, tell me if they say/have said anything about that I have to sleep

Viera F have 9S, 2B, Controlled Chaos, and Lightning's Hair (forgot the name of it) available now.
    Hrothgar will have more style around 6.1 most likely.

Hairs for both will continue to be added.
    No hats though

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Most of the live comments were super positive so I think Yoshi is good
    edit-
    okay
    now they arent..but for a very dumb reason

Gods, gamers are fucking stupid sometimes.

Would they rather he pull a Blizzard and shit-out the expansion as-is and then have to pull the game down over and over to fix the problem?

Oh, wait, they'd just bitch about that, too. Yoshi-P doesn't deserve anything but praise for this- it's obvious how much he cares for the game, and you can tell it's killing him to have to postpone the launch.

But you know what? He's one of the developers I will always, always give the benefit of the doubt to. If he doesn't think Endwalker is ready for prime-time, than it's not ready. He's more than earned that just for his behavior when 1.0 came out and sucked chocobo eggs, and he had the backbone to apologize to gamers and everyone for it.

So let the haters bitch and piss and moan. It's still just a game, not the end of the world. It sucks, but to throw a fit about it, well...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    no context will be given

ffxiv: pls send ear pics

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    I wish that they would have clarified on the pricing a bit more

Currently to use the whole Immerse thing, the ear profile thing and the license are two different things. A year of the service costs 15-20/year, which isn’t bad, but the method to get your ear profiled costs 200.

The trade from a subscription to a flat fee makes sense and is good, but I’m less sure that 20 one-time charge includes the cost of the ear profile. That could take a lot of people by surprise when the roll it out.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I did the Ivalice alliance raids

I need to go to bed

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I wish that they would have clarified on the pricing a bit more

Currently to use the whole Immerse thing, the ear profile thing and the license are two different things. A year of the service costs 15-20/year, which isn’t bad, but the method to get your ear profiled costs 200.

The trade from a subscription to a flat fee makes sense and is good, but I’m less sure that 20 one-time charge includes the cost of the ear profile. That could take a lot of people by surprise when the roll it out.

what in the fuck

• Options
    It might all be included! I honestly don’t know.

• Options
    audiophiles have no rights

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Dang. This lined up with US Thanksgiving so well, too. Now it lines up with nothing. Oh well. Guess I’ll be ignoring Legion Timewalking completely now.

It lines up perfectly with Sinterklaas, though.

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    I can't change my two weeks of vacation I had scheduled for the Endwalker launch.

I'll get two days of Early Access before I have to go back to work, and it'll be at least a month and a half before I can really sit down with the game for more than a day per week.

I get why this had to happen, but damn does it really suck that I won't enjoy a week or two off of work for an expansion for the first time. I just wish they had either announced the delay earlier or delayed for more than two weeks.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Yeah was looking forward to my week off and now have to rebook this holiday. Fingers crossed I can.

I’m lucky my boss will totally understand because he booked and then rebooked for BF2042 launch.

Main thing is it’s not too much longer to wait.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    This seems like a decent tl;dr of the event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRxRoq4n0vI

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Well then. Time to end Shadowbringers. *puts on cutscene-watching pants*

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    He said they are super keen for this expansion to be good, as it's the culmination of the story they have been working on for over 10 years. It's Yoshi's legacy in a way, he wants it to be great.

So he's........walking..........to the...........end.....of the story? :cool:

Yes I'm a dad

This discussion has been closed.