As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread - Adults Welcome

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Just finished Bags 4 of the Pirates of Barracuda Bay set tonight
    unknown.png?width=407&height=738

unknown.png

This set just continues to be so delightful to build. Just like in terms of "ok, so these pieces connect this way and then..... AHHH, I see, that's cute!"

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The next 3 Lego Mario sets have been announced!

... Or more specifically, LUIGI sets!

That's right, it is Haunted Mansion time!

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-luigis-mansion-expansion-sets-officially-announced/

LEGO-Luigis-Mansion-Lab-and-Poltergust-Expansion-Set-71397-3.jpg

LEGO-Luigis-Mansion-Entryway-Expansion-Set-71399-3.jpg

LEGO-Luigis-Mansion-Haunt-and-Seek-Expansion-Set-71401-4.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I haven't played any Haunted Mansion games, but those kits look awesome!!! They should have released them in time for Halloween.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I'm building the Stranger Things set for Halloween, which has reminded me how annoying stickers are :?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Oh fuck. Time to get into the Lego Luigi sets. Like I don't really care about Mario sets but Luigi's Mansion? Instantly purchased.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    My 9 year old Lugi fanatic saw those this morning. He likes Luigi better than Mario because of the Mansion game, so he is super excited. And he doesn't even know that he's getting the current Luigi set for Christmas.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I've been saving VIP points for a very long time, and decided to cash them all in for the Home Alone house.

With supply chain issues and stuff, I figured I'd get it right at midnight so it was ready to go for this Christmas. I logged in, added to cart and went to redeem my points.

...and accidentally redeemed them for in store or over phone. Fuck. Why is that even an option!?!

I ended up just buying the set and will call customer service tomorrow. I was afraid if I waited for the whole thing to get sorted it would sell out or go back ordered.

Still though! Ugh!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I've been saving VIP points for a very long time, and decided to cash them all in for the Home Alone house.

With supply chain issues and stuff, I figured I'd get it right at midnight so it was ready to go for this Christmas. I logged in, added to cart and went to redeem my points.

...and accidentally redeemed them for in store or over phone. Fuck. Why is that even an option!?!

I ended up just buying the set and will call customer service tomorrow. I was afraid if I waited for the whole thing to get sorted it would sell out or go back ordered.

Still though! Ugh!

It sucks, but I have used them for in store. I have heard of Lego changing them over for people who accidentally choose the wrong one.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I did the exact same time, the first time I redeemed points. The customer service will help you out.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I too have made that mistake.
    Fortunately for me, I live close enough to a Lego store that it's not a massive inconvenience.
    But, I feel for my fellow Lego fans who've run afoul of the poor web design.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    see317 wrote: »
    Fortunately for me, I live close enough to a Lego store that it's not a massive inconvenience.

Honestly, I think it's intentional. If it were customer-positive, it would just be to redeem points that were usable in-store or online. but they want to encourage in-store visits, so they deliberately treat them differently. Which sucks when the nearest Lego store is 2 hours away.

(Actually the true customer-positive path would be for them to see you have a VIP account and ask if you want to redeem your points.)

Athenor on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Honestly, I think it's intentional. If it were customer-positive, it would just be to redeem points that were usable in-store or online. but they want to encourage in-store visits, so they deliberately treat them differently. Which sucks when the nearest Lego store is 2 hours away.

(Actually the true customer-positive path would be for them to see you have a VIP account and ask if you want to redeem your points.)

Which is what it used to be!

• Options
    Tomanta wrote: »

Which is what it used to be!

I bet that their Customer Service wishes that Lego would change it back.

I'm guessing it is part that people wouldn't use their points as often (aka put one more hurdle to hopefully people will give up and not use them). Sort of like mail-in-rebates.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Huh, in an odd intersection of public events, Lego has decided to pull "Brickwest Studios" and delay it to a later round of crowdfunding through the bricklink program. Given that the set portrays a western film set complete with lights, camera rigs, trailers, etc., they felt it would be inappropriate to launch it immediately after the Baldwin Rust shooting. Looks like "Venetian Houses" will take its place in this round.

• Options
    Just an update if anyone is curious- customer service gave me the points back with no hassle whatsoever and a cheery email saying they can't wait to see what I spend them on, haha.

It's too late to apply them to Home Alone so I GUESSSSS they sit in the account until the Sonic the Hedgehog set eventually gets released.

Home Alone should be here tomorrow and I'm now debating the cool advent calendar style build vs. Doing it all at once so it's ready for Christmas.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Huh, in an odd intersection of public events, Lego has decided to pull "Brickwest Studios" and delay it to a later round of crowdfunding through the bricklink program. Given that the set portrays a western film set complete with lights, camera rigs, trailers, etc., they felt it would be inappropriate to launch it immediately after the Baldwin Rust shooting. Looks like "Venetian Houses" will take its place in this round.

Oh shit, I was considering getting the Venetian houses set D: It looked amazing, but I'm still a bit leery about how nice the final product will look.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I missed the part about the hidden stars in the Super Mario 64 block and just now stumbled across them by accident. Holy shit. I thought it just did the castle music.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    So I missed the part about the hidden stars in the Super Mario 64 block and just now stumbled across them by accident. Holy shit. I thought it just did the castle music.

Oh what??? Ok, now I have to get my wife to update the Mario so we can try this out.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    It's happening! Supposedly the UCS AT-AT will be officially revealed by Lego around November 9th with a release date of Black Friday, and rumored to include an Anakin/Luke Skywalker lightsaber hilt build as an accompanying GWP.

Photos of the AT-AT got leaked:

https://youtu.be/dswcMeuksFI

https://youtu.be/KsCJskYqZe8

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I can only hope the LEGO group's new Imperial High Inquisitor and Leak Investigator has many Bothans executed, we cannot allow more of these plans to reach the rebellion.

Brolo on
  • Options
    Now, hopefully Lego will not have a repeat of the Yoda Lightsaber GWP.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Oh what??? Ok, now I have to get my wife to update the Mario so we can try this out.

So once you scan the castle barcode, while the music is going, you can scan other stuff on the set.

It is very cool.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

5glwl8nzvxcc.jpg

• Options
    Full box image of the UCS AT-AT.

8cnggmbmyfcs.jpeg

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

5glwl8nzvxcc.jpg

goddammit, where is this from, VG Cats?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    The Star Wars stuff is so cool but I cant help but always be like...

nearly 7000 pieces...and the vast majority of them GREY haha.

• Options

they're at least getting better at making the internals colorful to help the building process

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

they're at least getting better at making the internals colorful to help the building process

Yeah, I'm betting that it's a lot more colorful under the hood.
    Looking forward to seeing TBB's build review.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

5glwl8nzvxcc.jpg

I haven't thought of that comic in 10 years

I went to the site to see if there was still posting they are... But they're also posting um. Adult comics as well. It's a good thing I was never into this because this would definitely be a traumatizing moment

• Options

5glwl8nzvxcc.jpg

oud2qma9pky5.jpg

nah that's from hejibits

https://hejibits.com/post/173307968674/150

• Options
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    That first one is super creative, I hope they do more of that kind of thing.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I most definitely do not.

• Options
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-titanic-10294
    Here's the direct link. Titanic... Yeah I actually want one, just not now so I have room for the AT-AT.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Heads up. Reminder that the Bricklink Designer Program Round 2 goes up tomorrow at 12PM PST.

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/introducing.page

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    On mobile so I can't post pics, but the AT-AT was officially announced. It is in the same weight category as the Millennium Falcon. And it is apparently quite poseable.

I didn't see a total height or length, but they do say it can hold 20 stormtrooper minifigs.

Athenor on
  • Options
    They're happening. Folks in the Lego Ambassador Network who get stuff early are starting to post up their unboxing and full review videos of the UCS AT-AT:

https://youtu.be/L4DkMQc8aek

My favorite Easter egg has to be Lego slipping in Octan colored (green, red, and white) gas canisters in the rear engine compartment, lol.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i love that the scale works between the walker and the air speeder.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    On mobile so I can't post pics, but the AT-AT was officially announced. It is in the same weight category as the Millennium Falcon. And it is apparently quite poseable.

I didn't see a total height or length, but they do say it can hold 20 stormtrooper minifigs.

If I remember my canon right, an AT-AT can transport 40 Stormtroopers.

If the UCS gets half that, that's really inpressive.

This discussion has been closed.