As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread - Adults Welcome

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    On mobile so I can't post pics, but the AT-AT was officially announced. It is in the same weight category as the Millennium Falcon. And it is apparently quite poseable.

I didn't see a total height or length, but they do say it can hold 20 stormtrooper minifigs.

If I remember my canon right, an AT-AT can transport 40 Stormtroopers.

If the UCS gets half that, that's really inpressive.

I was going off Brick Fan, who I think had it wrong.

The above video says it can hold 40 seated.

It also appears to be smaller than my Hasbro AT-AT, but those are obviously in a different scale.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Here's the page. Goes live 11/26 00:00 EST.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/at-at-75313

Distance to bank accounts? One seven decimal two eight.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    wonder if you could motorize it...

• RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    The UCS AT-AT indeed has seating for 40 minifigs in its main interior bays, just like actual vehicle is supposed to have. The rumored Snowtrooper battle pack suddenly makes whole lot of sense.

The AT-AT is also a bit smaller than true minifig scale (smaller by 2-3 inches in height) and its legs are slightly thicker than they actually should be but I chalk it up to stability as model.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    wonder if you could motorize it...

One of the bits included is a screwdriver to turn the internal gearing. So.. if you could run shafts internally without compromising stability, I don't see why not.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Heads up. Reminder that the Bricklink Designer Program Round 2 goes up tomorrow at 12PM PST.

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/introducing.page

I pre-ordered the 'pursuit of flight' from the first round with the hope of it being a christmas present, but still hadn't heard anything about it shipping / etc. Checking the FAQ:
    The tradeoff is that the additional 5,000 sets made for Round 1 will be shipped in June 2022,

So I guess it is very much not going to be here for christmas this year, but at least I found out in time.

I watched the video and find it seriously awesome! Now I want to see some insane Hoth battles or Endor with this thing.

According to the reviewer he says about 40% Technic so if you don't like Technic you won't have fun building it. Plus he says that if you have the money it is absolutely worth the price.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    TBB has their review of the UCS AT-AT up.
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/11/09/lego-star-wars-75313-ultimate-collector-series-at-at-the-empire-truly-strikes-back-review/#more-334862

Lots of pictures of the building process and brief descriptions of the new tricks and pieces included so the thing doesn't collapse under its own weight.
    12h19xi292kq.jpg
    Also pictured: The UCS CAT-AT.

see317 on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    As of a few weeks ago, we've entered the part of the year where if I buy any Lego sets, I hand them over to be used as Christmas presents (for me).

So far, there's the ? Block, the TIE Pilot helmet, and the retro Batman cowl. It makes my wife's tasks easier, at least!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    As of a few weeks ago, we've entered the part of the year where if I buy any Lego sets, I hand them over to be used as Christmas presents (for me).

So far, there's the ? Block, the TIE Pilot helmet, and the retro Batman cowl. It makes my wife's tasks easier, at least!

Yup, I'm doing the same with the Space Shuttle Discovery and the NES set.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    edited November 2021
    Bursar wrote: »

Good idea! I can tell my wife that she can buy this for my Christmas present. Especially since she's always complaining that there isn't anything for her to buy and surprise me with (since I buy everything I want).

Edit: What the heck is with the new Lego.com wishlist??? I went to add one and it said that I already have 30 items in it (there is only 24 in there since I deleted a bunch). I hate this new wishlist system.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    The Crowdfunding Round 2 stuff is live!

I really wish the ruined house were not as expensive, but it's just way too much for my wallet right now with Christmas coming up.

Still, I was able to pick up a couple of the others for eventual gifting (my wife's getting the aquarium when it comes out!).

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    The Crowdfunding Round 2 stuff is live!

I really wish the ruined house were not as expensive, but it's just way too much for my wallet right now with Christmas coming up.

Still, I was able to pick up a couple of the others for eventual gifting (my wife's getting the aquarium when it comes out!).

I went ahead and got the Windmill, since I'll have a year or so before I have to worry about regret.

On a whole, it seems like much less of a shitshow this time around. Everything is still available ~30 min after going live. Maybe the castle was just that much more popular last time, but I suspect the anti-scalper measures are actually working.

edited November 2021
    Yeah, I think the castle plus scalpers (and limit of 5) just added to the burnout. Could also have to do with the timing of that release versus this one (closer to the holidays).

I'm on the fence for the bowling alley. On one hand it brings back a ton of memories and is really cool. The other is that it is probably going to be big and only fits with the lone modular diner set on the shelves.

The size is funny to me since I'm sitting here waiting for Thanksgiving so I can order the UCS AT-AT....

Edit: Weakened and pre-ordered the bowling alley.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Lego Store is already funded, which should not come as a surprise, but I still think that set looked boring.

I backed the Venetian Houses, the new photos they posted last week looked cool and although they had to reduce the brick count on the interiors it still looks great. Especially amused by the modern art gallery :> estimated shipping... Q3-2022... Ooph

I do wonder how they're setting some of these oddball sets up for failure, there only going to produce the first five that get funded and at least 5 of these are just way more appealing to AFOLs than a few others.

Aldo wrote: »
    Lego Store is already funded, which should not come as a surprise, but I still think that set looked boring.

I backed the Venetian Houses, the new photos they posted last week looked cool and although they had to reduce the brick count on the interiors it still looks great. Especially amused by the modern art gallery :> estimated shipping... Q3-2022... Ooph

I do wonder how they're setting some of these oddball sets up for failure, there only going to produce the first five that get funded and at least 5 of these are just way more appealing to AFOLs than a few others.

Yea, the likelihood of some of the smaller sets appealing to the niche audience that is going to go through an online crowdfunding mechanism seems low.

The Lego store seemed like a shoe-in, not necessarily because it's that interesting but just because the modular line is so popular with adult collectors.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    really wanted the Lego quest set but that's currently sitting at 0 orders and in last place, so...

The quest set has a few orders, but yeah bottom of the barrel.

The Clockwork Aquarium builder made a post that annoyed me. "You can order a second one by not being logged in to Lego.com, and checking out as a guest it seems." That is sad to see the builder himself telling people how to order more than 1 and get his build funded.

oosik_betsuni.png
    The quest set has a few orders, but yeah bottom of the barrel.

The Clockwork Aquarium builder made a post that annoyed me. "You can order a second one by not being logged in to Lego.com, and checking out as a guest it seems." That is sad to see the builder himself telling people how to order more than 1 and get his build funded.

On the one hand, it's clearly shady to try and subvert the anti-scalping limits put in place.

On the other hand, it's really got to suck to spend months (years?) developing an idea, get it all the way to this stage, and then have almost no one interested in it.

Yeah, but it isn't fair to the next set in line as well.

Heck I feel sorry for the Quest set builder who is in last. How much does that hurt them?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    The Titanic set is easy to pass up.

UCS Millenium Falcon and Star Destroyer were more difficult to pass up, but made slightly easier by the sheer amount of space they take up in addition to the insane cost.

UCS AT-AT is apparently going to be a true test of willpower for me.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Glad to see the Mountain Windmill set is succeeding, that's the one I really had my eye (and now my preorder) on.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Huh, just noticed watching the Lego Store Modular preview - the connection points are set in one, making them non functional for connecting to another building. I'd assume maybe the final products are gonna deviate a little from these previews, but that seems like kind of a weird detail! Anyone know why that is?

Oh brilliant
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really the sets that I kind of want to get are the A wing UCS, Fett's Vette {if they are going to stop calling it Slave one I am using it's other nickname} the Mandalorian Starfighter, The new Guardians Space ship and the flower bouquet
    The UCS AT AT sadly I do want but like the above will all become accidental investments as I either lack the room or time to build them or lack the ability to display them {my bookshelves hold books! how novel and strange}

LEGO.com already tried to charge me for the crowdfunding action. I called them and they said I need to ask Bricklink... Not sure that's right, but lets see where this goes.

As per the Crowdfunding FAQ:
    When will I be charged for my order?

The LEGO Shop will pre-authorize your card when you place your order, but only charge your credit card, debit card or PayPal account when your order is shipped. If you pay for any portion of your order using a gift card, the card will be charged when your order is shipped. If you used a LEGO® VIP voucher on this order, it'll be subtracted from the amount charged when your order is shipped.

Yeah, they charge you the amount to the card. It'll fall off since it is only a pre-authorization. They'll charge you when the order finally ships.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to pass on the AT-AT. It is just so expensive.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Yeah, there's no way I can justify spending that amount, no matter how totally badass the set is.

Yeah, they charge you the amount to the card. It'll fall off since it is only a pre-authorization. They'll charge you when the order finally ships.

I was not planning on using a creditcard, but I guess I can do that if it is the only option :(

I was not planning on using a creditcard, but I guess I can do that if it is the only option :(

Ouch, so you used a debit card or PayPal and it pinged your account? :(

I did notice that it seems that this is normal for Lego to charge your CC then it falls off (pre-auth) since I ordered a set this morning to get the free coffee stand.

Sucks for people who are at their limit, or near their limit, or are trying to budget for other things. I really wished companies would pre-auth for only $1 or something small rather than the full amount since it can trigger limits (when they are just checking if the payment method is legitimate).

oosik_betsuni.png

I did notice that it seems that this is normal for Lego to charge your CC then it falls off (pre-auth) since I ordered a set this morning to get the free coffee stand.

Sucks for people who are at their limit, or near their limit, or are trying to budget for other things. I really wished companies would pre-auth for only $1 or something small rather than the full amount since it can trigger limits (when they are just checking if the payment method is legitimate).

Wanted to just use the option for them to send a bill along with the set, like Lego usually does. E-banking is incredibly easy here in The Netherlands, so I could have just scanned the bill with my bank app and Bob's your uncle.

Now they just asked me to already wire the full amount over to them, but seems a bit silly. If they can change it to CC then that should be fine for this one time.

I guess they could sort this process out better

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I like to use PayPal for Lego in particular because nothing is pulled from my bank account until it ships AND if you're trying to snag a timed exclusive it doesn't take days for the false charges that didn't go through to drop off.

I am in the business of saving lives.

Wanted to just use the option for them to send a bill along with the set, like Lego usually does. E-banking is incredibly easy here in The Netherlands, so I could have just scanned the bill with my bank app and Bob's your uncle.

Now they just asked me to already wire the full amount over to them, but seems a bit silly. If they can change it to CC then that should be fine for this one time.

RIGHT, I keep on forgetting you are not in the US. Hopefully you can get it all figured out. Going to guess you will probably want to call Lego to get it all worked out since it seems to be much easier process that way. Especially if you will have to cancel the order and reorder it with a CC.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

There's also the matter of where to put the thing. It's a tall set and decently long. It won't work on most coffee tables or display shelves.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772

RIGHT, I keep on forgetting you are not in the US. Hopefully you can get it all figured out. Going to guess you will probably want to call Lego to get it all worked out since it seems to be much easier process that way. Especially if you will have to cancel the order and reorder it with a CC.

No worries. I had Lego tell me to contact Bricklink. If nothing else works out I guess I'll just fork over the money anyway. i really want some Venetian Houses...

There's also the matter of where to put the thing. It's a tall set and decently long. It won't work on most coffee tables or display shelves.

Get two and they can become a coffee table.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Get two and they can become a coffee table.

"There's a lot going on with this Star Wars display."
    "Well I wanted to put the Star Destroyer on a coffee table so I took two AT-ATs and put a Millennium Falcon on top to create a coffee table."

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    If you get four and put them on an Armored Attack Turtle, then build a Star Wars Discworld ontop.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited November 2021
    Sadly, of all of my reasons not to get the AT-AT, Space is not one of the constraints.

hSrSoGVh.jpg

Athenor on
This discussion has been closed.