As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] A website that still exists

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    As someone who has been playing for 8 years, I can almost guarantee that it won't. Or if it does, nothing will happen.

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What's a grundle?

Ligma on its own isn't a dirty word

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    What's a grundle?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=grundle
    Grundle is another word for chad: the region between the balls and the arse-hole; can be an erogenous zone for some.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    What's a grundle?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=grundle
    Grundle is another word for chad: the region between the balls and the arse-hole; can be an erogenous zone for some.

Also known as the taint or gooch.

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It taint your hee and it taint your haw.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I've never heard it called the chad before, though

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I've never heard it called the chad before, though

Yeah, I've primarily only heard it called the taint and very occasionally a gooch.

Stabbity_Style.png
    I always heard it as taint, but Jackass the Movie popularized Gooch.

steam_sig.png

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

didn't they just spent half a podcast talking about how this new album is good though?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Hardtarget wrote: »

didn't they just spent half a podcast talking about how this new album is good though?

Who's "they?"

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

Who's "they?"

Jeff G, Danny and Ben mostly.

august wrote: »

Who's "they?"

Are they on Albummer?

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

Who's "they?"

Are they on Albummer?

my point was more that the core of GB likes the album and spent a bunch of time discusing it and then a rando show on GB all of a sudden pops up and talks about how it's bad

just kinda weird

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    no one at GB has ever disliked something that someone else at GB liked, it is true

Who's "they?"

Are they on Albummer?

my point was more that the core of GB likes the album and spent a bunch of time discusing it and then a rando show on GB all of a sudden pops up and talks about how it's bad

just kinda weird

Only if you make it wierd. Different people have different opinions on stuff. As Adman mentioned, the core GB staff disagrees on stuff all of the time.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

Who's "they?"

Are they on Albummer?

just kinda weird

I mean if this were a game, and the folks on the podcast liked it but some other folks doing the quickplay didn't, you wouldn't consider that weird, would you?

A new Limp Bizkit album is 100% something Jeff will, and should, have an opinion on, and it's also a "notable" enough event to warrant discussion on their music podcast. I see literally no weirdness about it.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So, I haven't been watching Albummer, but this came up on GB Infinite while I just had it on in the background

Honestly, I could see myself watching these, that wasn't bad, even with the very understandable caveat that they cannot play the actual music

Heh, this reminds me of when Jeff ranked the previous GotY lists at GB and then kind of got deflated when he realized the more people that were at Giant Bomb for a given year, the more he would tend to disagree with the list and that took some of the fun out of the exercise.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Heh, this reminds me of when Jeff ranked the previous GotY lists at GB and then kind of got deflated when he realized the more people that were at Giant Bomb for a given year, the more he would tend to disagree with the list and that took some of the fun out of the exercise.

I feel like you imagine that to be “let’s see how my opinions changed” or “let’s see how context has changed how I feel about old games” but then it just ended up being “let’s see how diverse the voices that weren’t mine got” and that’s not really what you’re looking for.

Guess it's true what they say: kids make you crazy.

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    NNID: Rehab0
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Nextlander is talking over the Xbox event. Not sure if any other Giant Bomb alumni or current team members will be doing so.

Premium sale going on. This just in, the stuff that plays when you buy a year is still great.

Stabbity_Style.png
    https://youtu.be/XiE328n6O20

Even for an FMV game from the 90s this is some dumb garbage and it also needed to be restarted twice. Plenty of low budget and poorly acted hilarity though.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The preview image looks like a German army officer demanding to know who left a condom on the parade ground

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    Having VB star in the new premium sale commercial just reminded me of that clip that plays/played when you signed up, where they all clap and then someone goes "Oh, it's a girl!"

steam_sig.png

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Having VB star in the new premium sale commercial just reminded me of that clip that plays/played when you signed up, where they all clap and then someone goes "Oh, it's a girl!"

Also this classic:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nlUiRexKjk

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The preview image looks like a German army officer demanding to know who left a condom on the parade ground

I'm not watching the video, just so that I can maintain that illusion, because when I saw the preview image that's 100% what I assumed it was and I will accept nothing less from the actual game.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Just announced on the bombcast, a new Premium show:

x8ywn32dd0081.jpg

Metal Gear Scanlon, but Silent HIll. Jan playing for the first time, while Voidburger (Silent Hill superfan) guides him. Live show on Fridays.

Crippl3 wrote: »

x8ywn32dd0081.jpg

Metal Gear Scanlon, but Silent HIll. Jan playing for the first time, while Voidburger (Silent Hill superfan) guides him. Live show on Fridays.

Oh fuck yes, I am 100% about this. Silent Hill let's plays are always great, especially when it's a fan guiding a new person. The SBFP playthrough with Pat and Matt was super good. Also helps that they're not particularly long games, either.

Stabbity_Style.png
    So if that's Fridays, then what is this?
    ????

PREMIUM LIVE SHOW

TOMORROW

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

x8ywn32dd0081.jpg

Now THIS is a show I'm interested in

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    So if that's Fridays, then what is this?
    ????

PREMIUM LIVE SHOW

TOMORROW

First one's tomorrow.

The Extra Life Lang Zone will be in full effect on Friday (No UPF either).

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's like Metal Gear Scanlon if the "expert" actually understood the game, I'm totally down for it

Peen wrote: »

I'm not watching the video, just so that I can maintain that illusion, because when I saw the preview image that's 100% what I assumed it was and I will accept nothing less from the actual game.

Yeah, the actual video does disappoint to that extent.

Twist, it's actually a show where Alex comes back and drums that song from the game

steam_sig.png

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    What was the internet drama stuff Jess was referencing with the Bloober team? I tried to grok what was going on there but it quickly became a weird Twitter hole.

edit: NM, figured it out. They hate Bloober team for making a game that looks a little bit similar to Silent Hill. Seems a bit misguided but I'm not sure I can muster the energy to care.

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited November 2021
    I think she just wasn't a fan of The Medium, and the Bloober CEO got in her mentions and basically tried to shame her for not "getting art, man"

edit: She had been tweeting about the Keighleys and how the nominees for a lot of categories sucked, and one of her comments was something like "Thankfully The Medium didn't get nominated for anything because it sucked".

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    What was the internet drama stuff Jess was referencing with the Bloober team? I tried to grok what was going on there but it quickly became a weird Twitter hole.

edit: NM, figured it out. They hate Bloober team for making a game that looks a little bit similar to Silent Hill. Seems a bit misguided but I'm not sure I can muster the energy to care.

nah, Bloober is bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_uD7gxIF2s

ouxsemmi8rm9.png