As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Godly golem takes… a while to beat. It’s very sturdily constructed.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Fortunately, a decent water team just lets you afk auto them. I've been doing that a lot today since it's boosted.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Was looking for good teams to throw NE Ellya in and apparently there's a good team that uses Clarisse and Sha Suzu, which is great since I already have them max mana boarded. I know I have most (if not all) of the other units needed, so I'll see about getting them up to snuff to take on Godly Golem.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, Clarisse as your leader's sub, and Sha Suzu for passing meter and buffs, are a good pair on any skill damage team (Rams makes a nice substitute for Clarisse).

Golem will probably want you to put a tank like Faf or Walter in there somewhere.

edited November 2021
    Yeah, Faf in there. The whole party was:
    NY Ellya/Clarisse (with Whitetail Axe)
    Sha Suzu/Mia
    Faf/Kaiyu

The only unit I'm not sure that I have is Kaiyu, but I'll check later.

Cruor on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I should give that a shot with Rams sub at some point

I'm looking at Mia and I don't know what she's actually bringing to the table - probably gonna sub her with another unit that will buff my leader up more. Maybe Bianca for the buffs + actual fire debuff on the enemy as well to boost up my NY Ellya/Clarisse damage even more.

Mia’s benefit is her extremely low skill cost. Just about anyone you pair her with will have their skill cost reduced by a significant amount, due to the combined skill cost being the average of the two units’.

Yeah, that seems to be about it though. I'll try out both - seems like subbing in Bianca is going well for now, but can always level up Mia if need be. Benefit to using Bianca is that I already have her leveled and mana boarded.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You want Sha Suzu skill to activate as often as possible

Maddoc wrote: »
    You want Sha Suzu skill to activate as often as possible

Yeah, looks like I may throw Mia (or some other low skill gauge unit) in after all. They were synced up pretty well with Bianca initially, but moving up the mana board with NY Ellya has made her skill activation come much quicker and it's put her off sync with Sha Suzu.

This golem grind is definitely a thing, but the progress is fairly measurable, at least. I'm 600 coins in and I've had 2 fist drops so far.

i am 30 coins in and one spear drop

i am not good at grinding, but i AM lucky as hell

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I installed this because of this thread and ... it's fun to play casually!? Like, I'll shoot a few flippers and get a shitton of rewards and there's a lot of cute stories. It's all pretty cookie-cutter anime bullshit, but the graphics and sheer volume of it makes up for that.

Not sure what a good team even is, so far I just have a regular team of all my highest rarity characters for generic content and when a fight indicates a certain element is good I let the game put together a team with 6x that element. I don't think I'd spend money on this, but as long as they allow me to faff about I'll gladly do just that.

Yeah, I find the main mechanics to be fun to mess around with.

I personally find team building to be real interesting, but it's definitely not that much of a worry early on.

Got my water team up to snuff (not all maxed out on mana board yet, but good enough) and can clear co-op Godly Golem decently easy now. Well, so long as there's not someone who has no business being in the fight, anyway.

Faf is such a little boss, just soaking so much damage all the time.

I'm closing in on the end of the golem grind. Under 300 coins to go.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Also I believe the next Godly will be Regitare, so get that fire ready

liEt3nH.png
    Also I believe the next Godly will be Regitare, so get that fire ready

Pretty glad fire was the first team I built then! Should be an easy grind with that team already set up.

And with a spear drop, I am done farming godly golem. Feels good to have that out of the way. Now I can dump stamina into the fire kaleidoscope dungeon and finish off my powerflip team in time for Regitare.

The golem stuff is really all in on multiball/powerflip, huh? Maybe after I get other elements up and going I'll make another fire team to support multiball.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    That's just because a lot of the big builds for fire right now is powerflip and multiball.

Also it feels good to powerflip the golem godly boss for 2.5 million damage at a time.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    I suck at grinding but I’m figuring it out

350 coins, 6 drops so far, so about halfway there.

6 drops at that number of coins is super lucky. I farmed about 1500 coins with the same number of drops.

Artereis wrote: »
    6 drops at that number of coins is super lucky. I farmed about 1500 coins with the same number of drops.
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i am not good at grinding, but i AM lucky as hell

edited November 2021
    In case you were wondering about the Star Heroes banner... no, don't do it. It's a scam.
    The odds of getting a 5* on any particular roll are 5%. 10 x 5% is an average 50% chance for a 5* on a regular ten-pull.
    It's not weighted for new units, either.

Consider it versus 30 daily pulls.
    You will get an average 150% 5* chance on 30 daily pulls, for the same price, with more 4* and 3* units for dupes.
    Weighted toward the new hotness, whatever it is.

It basically only beats raw pulls for paid currency, which you should not do either unless you're spending a ton of cash on this.
    I hope you are not spending a ton of cash on this.

ed: As for the new character banner, JP reviews say... it's alright. Pretty decent. Not bad.

Lucedes on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the big problem with current banners is that they pale in comparison the Rolf and Baretta banners, which are approx a month and 1 1/2 months away

liEt3nH.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I… uh, had a moment of weakness and went for the one-time Portal banner.

I think the game had seen my crap drops so far and took pity. A dupe Inaho, but Vyron and Metis AND Philia?

Praise be the gacha gods

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Decided to do 2 pulls and got Kikuno, who is apparently pretty great right now. My fire team might be my strongest roster right now.

I've been waiting for this character because multiball is the most fun part of any pinball cabinet, so I don't care so much that power flip is way better once Rolf drops

I agree. I really wish I had Marina, as I'm like, one character off from being able to properly make a Fire Multiball team. I have Hanabi's fire bombs, and Marnie's flippers-only fireballs. But I would need a third one with a Fire-element multiball to make it work. Marina's pirates, or Kikuno's onis, would fit the bill.

This banner really makes me sad that I failed to get the 1500 bonus stones from the new year's event story.

...The Valentine's event has begun, apropos of nothing. Check your mail for some Limited Edition stamina chocolate.

The writing on this event is actually good? I'm kind of loving it.

I'm running the big fire team of Hanabi/Murakumo, Marina/Bianca, and Kikuno/Noenne. It's pretty obscene and I can't wait to do Regitare godly with it.

I don’t have murakumo yet, and I’m not rolling for kikuno, so I’m rocking Hanabi/Vyron, Marina/Bianca, and Noenne/Marnie as an alternative multiball/power flip comp.

Currently working on leveling them via grinding Cocoa Bird and other bosses. Tonight / tomorrow is Regitare release and also golem 1.5x drops, so that’ll be hectic.

Valentine event was very funny. I want to use Parfait on a team somewhere.

Getting off to a good start with Regitare. 275 coins so far and already 2 axe drops.

edited November 2021
    I misread the schedule... for some reason 1.5x crab is two days long.

Golem tomorrow.

Lucedes on
    edited November 2021
    Attempting to knock out Golem grind while it's at 1.5x, which is basically doubled since all the 1-coin drops turn into 2.

so far at 750 coins and 8 drops, 2 drops or 300 coins away from completion.
    then nothing will stop my fire team!

edit: finished with 900 coins, 9 drops.

Lucedes on
    Got a massive 8 Regitare drops, so I'm done with his weapons now. Just need to farm a bit more to clean out his wind jewels and the mana.

New event is live, new banner is live!
    New event is Fire Dragon, 25 staminade flasks in the event shop, get them!
    IDK if the equipment is good? No clue. But I do hunger for T2-3 fire gems for my fire team, and I bought out the golem shop.
    Seems like they're powering us through the schedule with extra stamina. Three simultaneous events... but I like it.

Shiue (Shywe in global) is quite good, but there are two upcoming banners with even better characters.
    Gamble a stamp if you like wind float, save everything else for the next two New Faces banners with Rolf and Baretta.