As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Interesting Facts] are coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Someone applied brick texture to a rock shape, big deal.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    254685296_4507576052651743_1003514781674709332_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=CKBnn9YDP8UAX8WnSM8&_nc_ht=scontent.fsdv2-1.fna&oh=25b304729413a9d6d2acb8e352980d75&oe=61B1CD77

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    nbpr297rrayj.png

Checks out.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Ah yes, the penguin cylinder

A facebook group I'm in cycles through incomprehensible wildlife meme after meme, and that was trending for a while.
    j0zea0uzq0z0.jpg

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    There's a really good collection of seabricks out by Seaview here, where I think they had a brick wharf/seawall at one time.

Actually, there's probably a decent number of penguins out that way, too. You can literally watch Korora come ashore by the dozen on the harbour islands at night.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    edit: fat fingered trying to scroll and somehow managed to hit quote and post almost simultaneously.

m!ttens on
  • JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    254685296_4507576052651743_1003514781674709332_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=CKBnn9YDP8UAX8WnSM8&_nc_ht=scontent.fsdv2-1.fna&oh=25b304729413a9d6d2acb8e352980d75&oe=61B1CD77

Don’t forget the spherical cows.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Jacoby wrote: »

Frictionless spherical cows, very important

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Jacoby wrote: »

Frictionless spherical cows, very important

Emanating milk in an infinite vacuum, of course.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    is this a trope in physics textbooks, like how the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    more of a trope in theoretical physics models of simplifying complicated objects to some convenient shape that is relatively easy to mathematically describe the topology and properties of

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    is this a trope in physics textbooks, like how the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

There are some very good, very dumb things in textbooks.

Goldmine right there.

uyvfOQy.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Goldmine right there.

I'm partial to this gem

Click the spoiler for the full version.
    ib93x2eg87sg.png

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    It’s a good Twitter

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Those drawings feel like the original cover art for Pratchett novels. Like someone wrote what they wanted on a napkin and the person doing the drawings lost their reading glasses.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    more of a trope in theoretical physics models of simplifying complicated objects to some convenient shape that is relatively easy to mathematically describe the topology and properties of

There's a XKCD for this!

63k9kbvwcjxi.png

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »

Goldmine right there.

I'm partial to this gem

Click the spoiler for the full version.
    ib93x2eg87sg.png

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Shit, Arkansas.

Like, damn.

Cum knife deaths?

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Shit, Arkansas.

Like, damn.

AK is Alaska. AR is Arkansas.

No, fuck you.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    You say diatomaceous earth, I say diatomaceous earth
    Shit, Arkansas.

Like, damn.

OH, IC

edit: not the faintest clue what that draft was in reference to but I think it should stand

Prolegomena on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Looking it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower

A horse can maintain 1 horsepower of output functionally indefinitely. 15 horsepower is only possible in short bursts.

For comparison? A healthy human can manage about 1.2 horsepower in bursts, and a tenth of that long term.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The default state of a horse being 1 horsepower makes complete sense, and them being able to go at higher horsepower for short bursts also makes complete sense.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

A horse can maintain 1 horsepower of output functionally indefinitely. 15 horsepower is only possible in short bursts.

For comparison? A healthy human can manage about 1.2 horsepower in bursts, and a tenth of that long term.

Horsepower is not a measurement, it's a calculated value from torque x RPM. So "15 horsepower in short bursts" just refers to a running horse instead of a walking horse. This is because a horse pulling faster creates higher RPM and higher RPM is higher horsepower. It doesn't mean the horse is "stronger" for short periods.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.

Horsepower is not a measurement, it's a calculated value from torque x RPM. So "15 horsepower in short bursts" just refers to a running horse instead of a walking horse. This is because a horse pulling faster creates higher RPM and higher RPM is higher horsepower. It doesn't mean the horse is "stronger" for short periods.

It's absolutely a measurement. It's a unit of power (work/time). 1 horsepower is approximately 740W (I'm averaging imperial and metric because of course there's a difference)

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    lookit these nerds over here knowing things

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited November 2021

It's absolutely a measurement. It's a unit of power (work/time). 1 horsepower is approximately 740W (I'm averaging imperial and metric because of course there's a difference)

Yes, it is a unit of work. No, it is not something you can measure directly. It is neither the force you can measure from torque nor the speed (or more accurately, angular distance) you can measure from RPM.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.

Yes, it is a unit of work. No, it is not something you can measure directly. It is neither the force you can measure from torque nor the speed you can measure from RPM.

Torque isn't relevant, only force is. Additionally, RPM is also just as much a calculation if you want to be that pedantic about things. (since you're actually measuring the angular distance and time and performing a calculation)

How about unicornpower

Yes, it is a unit of work. No, it is not something you can measure directly. It is neither the force you can measure from torque nor the speed you can measure from RPM.

Torque isn't relevant, only force is. Additionally, RPM is also just as much a calculation if you want to be that pedantic about things. (since you're actually measuring the angular distance and time and performing a calculation)

Sounds like ya'll are just talking about a horsepower of a different color here.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    So 1 horsepower is what a horse can normally do and 15 horsepower is what Amazon expects the horse do 8 hours a day.

So 1 horsepower is what a horse can normally do and 15 horsepower is what Amazon expects the horse do 8 hours a day.

Almost. Amazon would also prefer the horse to do that without food or water, but.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    need some big jars for those horses

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Shit, Arkansas.

Like, damn.

I fled those lands to avoid having to know this type of shit.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Whaddya mean what a horse can do a horse isnt a horse of course of course some horses are large and some are small a small horse is less powerful than a large horse that's just math

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Shit, Arkansas.

Like, damn.

I fled those lands to avoid having to know this type of shit.

Also not fun to live in lands with such high cum death rates

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    If my small horse cannot do 'what a horse can do' is it not a horse do I just have some sort of horselike creature what do I write on this form

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Hobnail wrote: »
    If my small horse cannot do 'what a horse can do' is it not a horse do I just have some sort of horselike creature what do I write on this form

Congrats on the pony