As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Football/Soccer] - Harry Kane - Goals: 267, Trophies: 0

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    De Gea having to defend against shots from both teams, woof

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Burnley!

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/TItHEUOXCeI

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    Liverpool decides to see Chelsea's two dropped points, raise them to three.

Football never should have been invented, I've been consistent on this all my life

Nein
    as it stands, my irish team are 4th with two games and a cup final to go

if we stay 4th, we get europe

if we win the cup final, we get europe

i'm very stressed out by having two different ways of shitting the bed here

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Gerrard confirmed for Villa.

• CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    Hard to know what to make of Gerrard's time at Rangers. That title was a big one, but the way Celtic imploded can't be overlooked and Rangers have been poor in pretty much every other competition. I predict a mid-table finish*.

e *too loose a prediction, I'll say outside the top 10.

CaptainBeyond on
    Nein
    gerrard's villa contract expires at the same time as klopp's liverpool contract and it's going to be very funny in 2025 watching liverpool fans defend a club legend's whose managerial career consisted of a relegation and winning a farmer's league

Rangers fans taking it well, I see.

They loved him. As the rumours were picking up there was a lot of "He's loyal, he's not that kind of man" going around. I don't think there will be the same kind of ructions as when Rodgers left Celtic for Leicester but it should be amusing all the same.

I am unconvinced that Lampard is a good choice for Norwich. Or anywhere in the Premier League, really.

Nein
    i find it utterly impossible to judge how good a manager is for the most part

lampard got derby county to the play-off finals so obviously there's something there but as a bystander i have no idea what's actually different between a mid-table prem manager and a top of the table championship manager

there seems to be a habit amongst football fans for just searching out videos where managers talk about football like absolute wankers (see United fans posting videos of Ten Hag) and talking about vision and philosophy but i really don't know overall what that translates to on the field

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Eye for talent and how to use them, I suppose.

Expectations FC.

If lampard goes to Norwich and keeps them up that's a win

Less so for Chelsea, Tuchel could win the treble this year and be shitcanned mid next season if the team is not performing well enough.

No idea what United is doing with Ole, but then again neither do they so :shrug:

Nein
    We’re playing Portugal tonight and I live over a pub near Ireland’s stadium. There’s people outside siuuuuu’ing in Ireland jerseys and I genuinely think they should be deported

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

lampard got derby county to the play-off finals so obviously there's something there but as a bystander i have no idea what's actually different between a mid-table prem manager and a top of the table championship manager

there seems to be a habit amongst football fans for just searching out videos where managers talk about football like absolute wankers (see United fans posting videos of Ten Hag) and talking about vision and philosophy but i really don't know overall what that translates to on the field

Didn’t Derby spend beyond their means with Lampard (not his fault)? Hence the reason they are now bottom of the league and the pints deduction?

I don’t know; my impression is that Derby took a gamble in spending more than they should to get promoted when Lampard was there (I’m happy to be corrected).

The championship can be a tricky place to get promoted from even with a bit of money

Norwich had an awful schedule at the start of the season; not sure they ever recovered from that.

Farke’s Norwich we’re an entertaining team to watch in the Championship; more entertaining than watching a team that’s happy to get 17th each year in the Premiership.

PSN Fleety2009
    Nein
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

Didn’t Derby spend beyond their means with Lampard (not his fault)? Hence the reason they are now bottom of the league and the pints deduction?

I don’t know; my impression is that Derby took a gamble in spending more than they should to get promoted when Lampard was there (I’m happy to be corrected).

The championship can be a tricky place to get promoted from even with a bit of money

Norwich had an awful schedule at the start of the season; not sure they ever recovered from that.

Farke’s Norwich we’re an entertaining team to watch in the Championship; more entertaining than watching a team that’s happy to get 17th each year in the Premiership.

nah they actually made money the year he was there but they spent above their means for years before he arrived. They had 6 managers in four years before Lamps and broke their transfer record like 4 times in that period

Lampard probably benefited from that spending but i imagine walking into that situation as a manager is a nightmare

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    We’re playing Portugal tonight and I live over a pub near Ireland’s stadium. There’s people outside siuuuuu’ing in Ireland jerseys and I genuinely think they should be deported

Does being thrown into the sea count as deportation? Because I can't think of a country that'd take gobshites of that magnitude.

sig.gif
    Nein
    HerrCron wrote: »

Does being thrown into the sea count as deportation? Because I can't think of a country that'd take gobshites of that magnitude.

there’s enough plastic in there already

Nein
    nj79p8sfuzbo.jpeg

big shane duffy ❤️

nj79p8sfuzbo.jpeg

big shane duffy ❤️

Not the hero we deserve but the hero we need

Love it when both strips in a game are crackers. Happens surprisingly rarely.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Nein
    Dos a Cero

Captain Inertia on
    Nein

we won 3-1 against our biggest rivals last night to bring the European race to the last game of the season

the match started with our rivals, who are league champions, making their substitutes give the starting 11 a guard of honour and then getting subsequently mocked by the entire country for being absolutely fucking tinpot

one of our former players scored against us and shhhh’d the home fans which lead to a brawl with both managers getting sent off and then us scoring 2 goals in 5 minutes

i think my favourite part was that two of the goals were just absolute shite. Pure terrible goals. I’d be raging if we’d lost the match to those.

not a bad finish on this one though

Nein

we won 3-1 against our biggest rivals last night to bring the European race to the last game of the season

the match started with our rivals, who are league champions, making their substitutes give the starting 11 a guard of honour and then getting subsequently mocked by the entire country for being absolutely fucking tinpot

one of our former players scored against us and shhhh’d the home fans which lead to a brawl with both managers getting sent off and then us scoring 2 goals in 5 minutes

i think my favourite part was that two of the goals were just absolute shite. Pure terrible goals. I’d be raging if we’d lost the match to those.

not a bad finish on this one though

Sounds like primo shithousery

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Canada beats Costa Rica and stays undefeated in qualifying.

We host Mexico on Tuesday in Edmonton, where the high temperature is going to be -2 C more like -10 at match time. I’m guessing Mexico will come out pissed off about the US match.

:so_raven:
    Oh, and there were a couple of idiot pitch invaders at the end of the match.

Just the 10 goals then.

I guess Portugal and Italy will both come through the play-offs OK but fair dos to Northern Ireland for getting a draw last night.

edited November 2021
    Scotland beat Denmark 2-0, in the sort of performance that if you'd have predicted two years ago would have had you committed.

It got a bit vicious on the train afterwards

https://www.reddit.com/r/ScottishFootball/comments/quscpr/shove_yer_lego_up_your_ass/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

CaptainBeyond on
    Current conditions outside of Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, where Mexico-Canada is going down tonight:

edited November 2021
    Nein
    After everyone got all excited about the US after they beat Mexico a third time this year, they shit the bed to a draw with Jamaica, who is known for bobsledding, not football

Captain Inertia on
    Holy shit, Canada did it, we beat Mexico.

Nein
    i saw the clip of the two teams squaring off after the match and boy that mexican team sure are a bunch of easily rattled babies huh

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Easily Rattled Babies is a part of Mexico's team motto.

edited November 2021
    Nein
    Are we ready for Canadian excellence in the WC or will they shrivel up once they get on a pitch where the air temp is above 15 degrees

Captain Inertia on
    Air temp is going to be like 95 degrees. They're going to turn into beef jerky.

Are we ready for Canadian excellence in the WC or will they shrivel up once they get on a pitch where the air temp is above 15 degrees

Nah, we have to play in the heat in Central America all the time.