As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T 2021 Secret Santa! Until next jolly mission…

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yeah, now that it comes up I don't actually recall anyone ever getting something truly NSFW and I've done it for 10+ years at this point.

So much like Koopah, booze and M rated games are ok. But please no sex toys.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Stupid question maybe but I know we always seem to have that question about NSFW gifts, but what is it that prompted that? I put I wasn't opposed to them, but it got me thinking about what actually was gifted in the past. I'm guessing an M rated game isn't considered NSFW, so was it booze or art books with nudity or some nipple clamps or what?

Please keep in mind this is a videogame forum where a surprising amount of associated groups or guilds in online games based out of these forums have some connection to "Wang" in their name.
    It's not used as much as it used to be, but having some kind of disclaimer to please not include something you might have trouble explaining to a family member on Christmas morning probably seemed like a good idea back in the day.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Ha wow, I forgot all about the super secret password.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Stupid question maybe but I know we always seem to have that question about NSFW gifts, but what is it that prompted that? I put I wasn't opposed to them, but it got me thinking about what actually was gifted in the past. I'm guessing an M rated game isn't considered NSFW, so was it booze or art books with nudity or some nipple clamps or what?

Please keep in mind this is a videogame forum where a surprising amount of associated groups or guilds in online games based out of these forums have some connection to "Wang" in their name.
    It's not used as much as it used to be, but having some kind of disclaimer to please not include something you might have trouble explaining to a family member on Christmas morning probably seemed like a good idea back in the day.

While also giving people the option to say "Hey, I'm a weirdo who lives alone, if you really want to send me a dildo that you think I'd like, knock yourself out." Having an opt-in/opt-out seems like a win-win for everyone involved.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I think in practice it's been mostly booze but with plenty of threats of the deeper unsafeties

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Suggestions:
    I'm a big Boba Fett fan so I have most of the Boba Fett Lego but not much outside of that. I have a PC and a Switch.
    Steam Wishlist
    I play Hearthstone a lot of the time and I have a lot of tabletop games as well.

And I am a huge NF fan. He’s a rapper if you want to look him up.

If you would want to get me something to put up on a wall I would greatly appreciate it as most of my wall hangings have vanished to another's condo for some strange reason. I do have a dog so any treats for her would be good. Finally, any local food stuffs would be great. I enjoyed last year getting Louisiana local food and still use Slap Ya Mama on things.

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    I've been distracted by moving jobs so lost track of time on this, but getting in as it's always been a fun highlight of this time of year.
    Wishlist / Suggestion Post
    I'm a vegetarian, for any food related ideas.

Books: I read a lot, and really enjoy Fantasy and Sci-Fi books. I'm also not particularly picky, and can find enjoyment in pretty much anything, so if you've liked it, chances are I'll enjoy it. I don't really listen to audiobooks.
    Video Games I have a Switch, an Oculus (which sounds incredibly creepy) and a PC - primarily game on the PC
    Gardening I suck at it, but I've been trying to learn, and Xmas occurs in Summer here, so with luck I'll be harvesting potatoes. Customs here is very strict, so live plants or seeds would be a bad idea, but things to learn about gardening, and how to suck less at it would certainly be an idea. Ornamental Dragons / Gnomes / Wookie's have also been much appreciated in the past.
    Cooking I enjoy cooking, and despite being Vegetarian myself, will also cook non-vegetarian food for others, so cookbooks or other such instructions are highly valued. My range is pretty limited, but I enjoy learning from other areas, so if you have some regional cuisine where you're from, I'd love to learn about it.
    Booze Mostly Whiskey / Gin, but I'll try basically anything.
    Dragons I'm kind of obsessive on dragons, so if you're all out of ideas, this has been used to great effect in prior years.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Get your entries in, folks! Y’all’re almost out of time!

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Uhh uhh... *panic*!

Santa here is my Steam wishlist, I know it's gotten really big and I haven't organized it or pruned it in a while:
    https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/Span_Wolf/
    There is plenty of good stuff on there, though I'm also sure plenty of games I've wishlisted a long time ago have since come out and been total stinkers... Feel free to avoid those.

I have several Amazon wishlists, but no real order of importance within the individual wishlists.
    This one is for all my games, tech and other general wishes: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/D0VW2PYQAWHL
    This one is for books, movies, TV shows, music: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/EK5W00YDFRIU
    This one is for figures and general collectibles: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2ZJLDO57EADK4 (I'm currently 3 characters shy of having the full main One Piece crew, Usopp, Robin, and Jinbei)

If clothing is a thing, I used to wear a medium shirt, but then I got fat during Covid lockdowns and am now a large. I'm trying to work my way back down to my pre-Covid weight though.

I don't mind NSFW gifts.
    futurama_metaverse_477.png

I own all the modern consoles and handhelds (Also still have my Dreamcast hooked up), a gaming PC, and have a few VR headsets (Index, Quest 2, and PSVR just for Sony exclusives).

My various game account usernames are in my forum signature.

My birthday is December 4th.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Not sure if I made it or not, but sent

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    We just brought home two cats Santa! Buy them elaborate tree forts!

• Options

The Santa thread demands pictures! Pictures of the new cats.
    Feed our insatiable hunger for cute and fuzzy things.

• Options
    And once you post the pics, somebody promptly photoshop santa hats on them.

• Options
    I have discovered that the forum thinks images from my phone are too large... But I will do this

• Options
    laojuntasa wrote: »
    I did not know that Secret Santas exist online. How does this actually work? How do send or receive the gifts? Are the gifts also virtual or can be your choice. It is a nice idea to take pictures of the gifts you received. It just to show your appreciation.

It's pretty straight forward. The people running the exchange send out messages with the name and signup information of your Santee, you buy a gift and get it to them however you can.
    Sometimes you get a Santee that is close enough for an in person delivery, normally you have to ship it to them. If you shop online, you can normally ship directly to you Santee.
    Online gifts are acceptable, like Steam games or Humble Bundles or gift cards to them. Given the current state of global shipping, I'm guessing that may be a popular option this year.

I see that you joined the forum today, so here's hoping you stay around long enough to join in the seasonal merriment next year (and aren't just a bot that is doing a thing I don't understand).

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Shit I forgot to join :(

e: even more embarrassing, thought this was CF!

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Shit I forgot to join :(

Try anyway! The SE++ side still has a couple of days left, and we’re mingled this year.

• Options
    • Options
      RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
      Yeah, updated this thread to reflect closing on the SE++ deadline.

PSN: jfrofl
    • Options
      MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
      edited November 2021
      Signup posting -
      45, live in house with wife and 9+ cats (we have a room to foster kittens). Have Xbone, PS4, Switch, and gaming PC. Trying to get a PS5. Only console game I've picked up in a long while is Metroid Dread. Recently I've started baking as a hobby, mostly cakes. I don't know what I'm doing, I just follow recipes. I'm also trying to relearn how to play bass, and learn guitar and voice. And maybe keyboard. I spend a lot of time in the garden, putting plants in the ground and watching them die. Less so than before, however. I built a koi pond, and I think they're still alive.

I used to be huge into League of Legends, but anxiety issues made me a shitty teammate, so I phased that out. I'm on meds now and Arcane looks good... I may be back to it soon. Recently I've been playing a lot of Outriders, and a bit of Destiny on gamepass. My little gaming circle has been loving Wildermyth and Gloomhaven, and we try out survival/building games like Valheim and Grounded but they don't stick for long. My favorites are Dark Souls and Monster Hunter, but anything in those lines are day one purchases.

One of the pills I was taking made it hard to focus long enough to read a book, so I have a huge backlog I'm trying to work through now. But I'm huge into the MCU and never actually read a lot of comics. So I really enjoy graphic novels - I have all of Injustice, some Hawkeye, and anything Kevin Smith came near back in the 90's.

Madpoet on
    • Options
      KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
      edited November 2021
      You know, I completely disregarded my baby doggy in my info. Here's some info for her if my elf comes around again.
      hs37ievd956v.png
      Her name is Skye, she's a pitbull and almost three and a half years old. We got her last June, and she loves treats and squishy/squeaky toys. She also loves benebones.

I'll edit this into my wishlist post too.

KoopahTroopah on
    • Options
      see317 wrote: »

The Santa thread demands pictures! Pictures of the new cats.
      Feed our insatiable hunger for cute and fuzzy things.

I'm all of our elegance
      103vqnoakhbv.jpg

then of course in our natural element
      t6ezzu3u23n1.jpgmvvnyz7d6ykr.jpg

• Options
      KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
      That last one is pure cat photo. <3 Enjoy your new friends!

• Options
      edited November 2021
      Apparently it's rare for these babies to be female and orange tabbies. I never knew that - like 80/20. This is some Pokemon level gender ratio

initiatefailure on
    • Options
      You know, I completely disregarded my baby doggy in my info. Here's some info for her if my elf comes around again.
      hs37ievd956v.png
      Her name is Skye, she's a pitbull and almost three and a half years old. We got her last June, and she loves treats and squishy/squeaky toys. She also loves benebones.

I'll edit this into my wishlist post too.

I don't know your dog, but I love her.

Also was slightly concerned because I thought she was a huge monster dog, but realized she has her own little couch.

• Options
      AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
      edited November 2021
      Huh, it's been awhile. Commence suggestions:
      I mainly PC game, lots of singleplayer quake 1 maps lately. I do a lot of audio work. I have a pet pug. My amazon list is hopefully useful, try sort by priority!

Also, I love you. Yes, you! :)

Edit: also, if it's useful, I wear a men's medium shirt.

Agentflit on
    • Options
      cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
      Why is proxy demanding my address when I've not yet decided

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
      Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    • Options
      Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Because the answer is obvious, secret some santa.

Stabbity_Style.png
    • Options
      BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
      edited November 2021

Please have any placeholder wishlist posts filled in, I will be contacting those of you who did not fill yours in.

Brolo on
    • Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

I mean, I'd do what @Proxy the Elf asks since the alternative includes up to the loss of life. :biggrin:

Seriously though, Proxy usually is just asking for info to pass to someone else anonymously. Did they explain why they needed the address? I'd assume it's ok, but totally understandable if you'd want more details before handing your address over.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      Agentflit wrote: »
      Huh, it's been awhile. Commence suggestions:
      I mainly PC game, lots of singleplayer quake 1 maps lately. I do a lot of audio work. I have a pet pug. My amazon list is hopefully useful, try sort by priority!

Also, I love you. Yes, you! :)

Quake maps? NICE. I've been meaning to check out some of the past quake christmas jam packs and now is probably the best time.

• Options
      MNC Dover wrote: »

I mean, I'd do what @Proxy the Elf asks since the alternative includes up to the loss of life. :biggrin:

Seriously though, Proxy usually is just asking for info to pass to someone else anonymously. Did they explain why they needed the address? I'd assume it's ok, but totally understandable if you'd want more details before handing your address over.

But that's the thing. I'm not doing Secret Santa this year.

I freely give my address away every year when I'm actually entered.

steam_sig.png

• Options
      Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
      Dear Magic Forum Santa, my wishlist will be here at some point in the next few days with spoilers and whatnots.
      MNC Dover wrote: »

But that's the thing. I'm not doing Secret Santa this year.

I freely give my address away every year when I'm actually entered.

I don't see the problem. I like to randomly post my name and address on the forums in various places to see if people will send me toys and pizza.

• Options
      I got a followup message that cleared everything up. Mostly. Maybe.

steam_sig.png

• Options
      DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
      Radiation wrote: »
      Here's the great @ post. I'm sorry if you haven't been able to participate in a while. I'm just stealing my previous work because I am lazy and don't want to spend time purging and adding:
      Shamelessly stolen from last year:
      Making the great call out. If you know someone is interested please @ them.
      lots of @ 's i did not want to at again.
      Please don't quote this

Wow, thank you for the call out. I sadly will not be able to participate but hope everyone who can enjoys themselves.

----

On another note; the steam deck, what are people's opinions here. I am supper interested in another hand held not related to this thread. portable gaming is what i am looking at.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    • Options
      AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
      anoffday wrote: »
      Quake maps? NICE. I've been meaning to check out some of the past quake christmas jam packs and now is probably the best time.

Yeah!!

I recommend using the Quake Injector to browse & launch maps if you aren't already, and either quakespasm or quakespasm spiked engine. I love trawling through the quaddicted archives. The xmas 2018 jam is one of my favorites!

• Options
      Reactor ONLINE.
      Sensors ONLINE.
      Weapons … warming up. Gimme just a moment here.

• Options
    • Options
      Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
      Target acquired!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
      3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
    • Options
      ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      Christmas cannons prepping!

4dm3dwuxq302.png