As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We've been playing [Animal Crossing] for how long now!?!

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Now that Redd's hanging out with Harv's commune, I've got a dilemma on my hands.

Do I keep buying fakes to force Redd to restock every day or do I patiently wait week by week for his restocks? One would certainly help finish my museum a lot quicker but it doesn't feel quite right to buy fakes just to get another shot at another piece of genuine art.

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I've been buying all the fakes from Redd to force the restock, and there has been a lot of them. It's definitely a drain on the bells as the real deals don't seem to show up very often or are ones I already have.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I don’t suppose anybody has the DIY for the ironwood dresser…? I dii oh not seem to be able to find that damn thing, and it’s holding back the rest of my ironwood furniture collection….

I actually just got that off my beach today. Are we friends? I can mail it if we are!

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Those boat rides become less and less charming every time I end up on an island with nothing but fruit and a broken gyroid.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Like in New Leaf, you can cut Kapp'n's song short by mashing the B button. Also like in New Leaf, if you wait until after his little break to do it, he'll get annoyed that you waited until just before he finished to interrupt him. You can also press A, Y, and X to make different expressions during boat ride.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Those boat rides become less and less charming every time I end up on an island with nothing but fruit and a broken gyroid.

Well it's a good thing I can really only do them on my weekend

I suspect the trigger is “spend a lot of poki,” but you eventually get the ability to buy HHP-cataloged items for yourself.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    akjak wrote: »
    I don’t suppose anybody has the DIY for the ironwood dresser…? I dii oh not seem to be able to find that damn thing, and it’s holding back the rest of my ironwood furniture collection….

I actually just got that off my beach today. Are we friends? I can mail it if we are!

I have no idea, it's been like 19 months since I went online, but I'm guessing probably not. For surety's sake, my friend code is SW-3815-5255-3899. Open to everybody else in the thread as well! If we're not friends yet, please do add me. I play at weird hours for most of you, I live in Taiwan, but if you want to play in a different timezone without having to set your system clock for some reason, I'll pop open the gates!

I also generally collect duplicate DIYs and I'm routinely astonished (irritated?) by how many there are, so if, like me, you haven't been playing in months and definitely still have some DIYs to add to your list, let me know. I recently shared a bunch with folks so I'm rebuilding the empire as it were, but I know it bugs me that I don't have every DIY in the game, so if you're a mad completionist, hit me up and we'll see if I have anything you need!

sarukun on
    Ken O wrote: »

I still love Kapp'n. One of the main ways I've been rebuilding my bell stash since I just dumped a whole bunch of money into inventory upgrades and a GotDang luxury car (300 grand!) is by collecting materials on those boring Kapp'n islands to funnel back into hot items. I figure, since I gotta go anyway, I might as well get something done.

I also got to visit the star island yesterday for the first time, it was really exciting and had a couple of flower types I hadn't bothered to get for my island.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Felt like one of my residents, Lily, had a mental health crisis or something. Invited me round her house, asked if I wanted any of her stuff, asked me not to leave when I tried, had some real d a r k v i b e s...

but I saw her this morning and she's fine, toady.

Oh brilliant
  • CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Now that Redd's hanging out with Harv's commune, I've got a dilemma on my hands.

Do I keep buying fakes to force Redd to restock every day or do I patiently wait week by week for his restocks? One would certainly help finish my museum a lot quicker but it doesn't feel quite right to buy fakes just to get another shot at another piece of genuine art.

I've been buying all the fakes. I really want to finish the museum - only got 6 pieces left to get. I also really should post up my spares here - I've had three genuine pieces since the update that I don't need to add to the 10 or so spares I already had.

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Cullen wrote: »

I've been buying all the fakes. I really want to finish the museum - only got 6 pieces left to get. I also really should post up my spares here - I've had three genuine pieces since the update that I don't need to add to the 10 or so spares I already had.

I should do the same with mine. I have 3 sinking paintings that I know of and a few more dupes as well

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    So I donno is any of yall would be up for it, but I have an idea!

My partner got animal crossing on his switch for the sole purpose of attending a birthday party in 2020 with his brother (What a time we've been through), but since then he never got into it and in fact, never even really got through the tutorial.

I just finished his villager houses, and once I get construction I plan to flatten out his entire island and make it a blank slate for exchanging, that I can open a few times a week. So you'll be able to swing by dump off duplicate DIYs/items clogging up your storage, and hopefully pick up something your missing. Also wanted to get back to monitoring turnips and will now have two chances at ok prices.

My hope is to open it up to some discords Im in with good people and new players, so I can also help out some new folks with fossils and materials. I forgot about the early game being a bit of a slog till I was playing through it again.

I would be down for that, I have been collecting a spare of every Dino bone and hang on to every duplicate DIY and also buy every color variant of most clothing items because I make poor decisions with my time and bells! Sounds like I could offload or help people catalogue a lot of stuff.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    If you have your turnips im at 566. But its my morning price so just a bit longer. Edit: and now down to 166 heh. Have a good day all.

Jubal77 on
    edited November 2021
    Art swap time! Turns out I have over 20 spare artworks that need a good home. I need six to complete my museum. Here are the lists:

Art needs
    Robust statue
    Gallant statue
    Rock-head statue
    Wild painting right half
    Detailed painting

For trade
    Basic painting
    Common painting x2
    Famous painting
    Flowery painting
    Glowing painting
    Jolly painting x2
    Moody painting
    Motherly statue
    Perfect painting x 2
    Serene painting
    Sinking painting x2
    Solemn painting
    Twinkling painting x2
    Tremendous statue
    Worthy painting

Cullen on
    @sarukun I added you (ign is Thera).

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Candi came over to my house, after I was away for ~8 months:

Time to collect some more mushrooms and plant extracts, for science...

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Candi came over to my house, after I was away for ~8 months:

Time to collect some more mushrooms and plant extracts, for science...

w5nf3yuh2n6p.png
    A gyroid looks like something up for the job....

That is a bong.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Just put together a medieval throne room for Knox in the Happy Home Paradise.

But now I kind of want a medieval throne room for my own house, except I don't have any of the furniture I need for it.

Also, there are sword backpacks now? Neat. Gonna need one of those as well.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Cullen wrote: »
    Art swap time! Turns out I have over 20 spare artworks that need a good home. I need six to complete my museum. Here are the lists:

Art needs
    Robust statue
    Gallant statue
    Rock-head statue
    Calm painting
    Wild painting right half
    Detailed painting

For trade
    Basic painting
    Common painting x2
    Famous painting
    Flowery painting
    Glowing painting
    Jolly painting x2
    Moody painting
    Motherly statue
    Perfect painting x 3
    Serene painting
    Sinking painting x2
    Solemn painting
    Twinkling painting x2
    Tremendous statue
    Worthy painting

I'll trade you a calm painting for one of your surplus perfects.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    Deal! Sending it now

Just put together a medieval throne room for Knox in the Happy Home Paradise.

But now I kind of want a medieval throne room for my own house, except I don't have any of the furniture I need for it.

Also, there are sword backpacks now? Neat. Gonna need one of those as well.

You will eventually get the ability to order stuff from Paradise to your home mailbox.

I think my Saharah is broken. Her stock has not changed since she moved it at Harv’s.

• amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    Did she move in just this week? I think it switches over to new stock on Mondays.

Coming up will be her second Monday with me.

I'm actually kind of mad it took them this long to have Isabelle's announcements be useful.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    A question about friendship.

Katrina can comment on your relationship with a resident, she told me "Reneigh thinks about you often" which is fine & dandy. But I want to know what it means

Is there a flavour text to numerical friendship value guide out there? My googling has not turned up anything.

In the pokemon games I recall there were NPCs whose comments on your pokemon in indicated a vague IV range of their strengths, there were guides for that online. Where are the ACNH friendship Katrina comment guides?

2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
    All’s I know is everyone in my town is rocking “the strongest of bonds” so far.
    Kaimaka wrote: »
    A question about friendship.

Katrina can comment on your relationship with a resident, she told me "Reneigh thinks about you often" which is fine & dandy. But I want to know what it means

Is there a flavour text to numerical friendship value guide out there? My googling has not turned up anything.

In the pokemon games I recall there were NPCs whose comments on your pokemon in indicated a vague IV range of their strengths, there were guides for that online. Where are the ACNH friendship Katrina comment guides?

IGN wiki says “ If you choose to learn about friendship, Katrina will ask you to select one of your neighbors. This will give you an insight into your friendship rating with that villager. If you don’t interact much with a certain villager, she will likely tell you that your bond with them is low (or fine). If this is the case, she will offer a prayer (for 10,000 Bells) to help strengthen your bond with that villager—but it can’t hurt, so why not try it? If Katrina says your bond with that villager is strong, then she won’t offer the prayer.”

Sounds like it’s a simple, “low, med, high”.

I just found out this morning that the "wallpapers and more" section on Nook Shopping now lists tools (hand held items), among other new things like gyroids. Now we can order balloons and maracas and the like without needing to wait until they show up in the Daily Selects/at Nook's Cranny, and check what seasonal tools we've cataloged.

Got a recipe for turnip salad. That's an expensive dish.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited November 2021
    If I get that I'm going to display it with polish, something like that isn't for eating.

Also continuing with new Nook Shopping discoveries, it's not just seasonal tools that show up your catalog, all seasonal items you've obtained before are now shown, where before they didn't, even if they were currently being sold. Still only can buy them when they're in season though, otherwise they're marked with a greyed "Seasonal" tag instead of a price.

homogenized on
    edited November 2021
    I just went thru my art and this is what I have:

Academic painting
    Ancient statue
    Common painting
    Dynamic painting x 2
    Moving painting
    Mysterious painting
    Perfect painting
    Scary painting
    Serene painting x 2
    Sinking painting x 3
    Wistful painting.

I'm missing the Gallant statue, Great statue, Nice painting, Proper painting, Rock-head statue, Scenic painting, Tremendous statue, and Wild painting right half.

I'm going to have to go thru the new items I've been getting to make a list and find a spot to set to let you all catalogue it.

Toxic Toys on
    It's always nice to go visit new places and meet new people
    jidr0fhff0jg.jpg
    0dlfb32hwsf7.jpg

It's even nicer when you pillage those new places, come home with the spoils of war, then dress up for a dance party.
    zranaggicsaa.jpg
    qjnbw4po7v9p.jpg

• amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    @Toxic Toys - sent you the tremendous statue and scenic painting. ^_^

@Toxic Toys - sent you the tremendous statue and scenic painting. ^_^

Thank you so very much.

edited November 2021
    sarukun I added you (ign is Thera).

@akjak I forgot to mention that I added you back a bit ago, but now I can’t really remember if anything else needs to happen before you’re able to send the DIY, do I need to do anything on my end?

sarukun on
    sarukun I added you (ign is Thera).

@akjak I forgot to mention that I added you back a bit ago, but now I can’t really remember if anything else needs to happen before you’re able to send the DIY, do I need to do anything on my end?

We need to visit once. Either I can come to yours or vice versa. Then you’ll be in a list of friends I can mail stuff to. (Also I’ll just bring the recipe)

Has anyone been able to find a list of what items unlock for each villager in HHP?

I can find lists of what their required items are in the vacation home, but they usually unlock half a dozen other items too. Notably the wallpaper and flooring.

For now every home I design has an upstairs with the wall and floor I’m seeking. After you design a home, you can talk to them on the beach and one time they’ll give you something you used. Gruff gave me the Graveyard wall <3