As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] A Very Aeldari Christmas

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    You can also just straight up teleport all those newly-core units too, right?

• ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »

Yeah, the Veil of Darkness is core, as are Szarekh's reroll auras, Anrakyr's +1 attack aura, Szeras and Zandrekh's buffs, and the technomancer's revive a model ability. My Will Be Done and the Lord reroll buff as well as the +1 movement aura from certain characters are core as well.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Also some stuff with monoliths

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Ardol wrote: »
    It was pointed out to me that Night Scythes have a capacity of 20 core infantry/infantry characters which is a whoooole lot of destroyers on one plane with space for support characters to spare.

I thought the Night Scythe didn't actually transport anything, it was just a teleport node type thing for units that were chilling back in the tomb. That fluff get changed around?

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    It was pointed out to me that Night Scythes have a capacity of 20 core infantry/infantry characters which is a whoooole lot of destroyers on one plane with space for support characters to spare.

I thought the Night Scythe didn't actually transport anything, it was just a teleport node type thing for units that were chilling back in the tomb. That fluff get changed around?

Fluff is still the same. Rules wise is just a normal transport

honovere wrote: »

It does have a stratagem to teleport in a unit from strategic reserve just in case the 20 destroyers :P isn't enough.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

It used to be in 8th edition that a night scythe let you put any unit in deepstrike and then deepstrike them in range of the plane. Except if the plane died it meant that unit was then stuck in deepstrike, so it was somehow even worse than it is now.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that GW have made a mistake with the buffs to Covens units in this dataslate.

Drukhari lists are going to be leaning on Grotesques and Talos hard over the next few months.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »

Yeah, the Veil of Darkness is core, as are Szarekh's reroll auras, Anrakyr's +1 attack aura, Szeras and Zandrekh's buffs, and the technomancer's revive a model ability. My Will Be Done and the Lord reroll buff as well as the +1 movement aura from certain characters are core as well.

Don't forget the Royal Warden's "this unit can retreat and shoot/ charge" which could be useful for several units, especially in Novohk

• see317see317 Registered User regular

Well, Necrons and all that. It seems likely that they have a portal tucked into their plane somewhere to spit out a handful of zombie bots. Maybe not have enough power to use the portals to feed a full on invasion though.

see317 wrote: »

Well, Necrons and all that. It seems likely that they have a portal tucked into their plane somewhere to spit out a handful of zombie bots. Maybe not have enough power to use the portals to feed a full on invasion though.

The codex actually says "Night Scythes also employ invasion beams to generate captive worm holes through which invading infantry can march directly from distant Necron tomb worlds"

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Combat patrol for the Black Templars has been revealed
    1j2n1jnz5g6t.jpg
    It looks disappointing compared to the rest of the combat patrols
    I can see you get the accessory sprue for them in the box but why 15 outside of the marshall and implusor

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Good lord... $40 for an upgrade sprue.

Pass.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    edited November 2021
    That said, this model is freakin rad and I'm totally getting one.

cgw3ljw43nt5.png

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Have you seen the tsons one?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Nothing beats the Death Guard Combat Patrol box that wasn't even a legal detachment when it released.

evilbob wrote: »
    Have you seen the tsons one?

Isn't it the one that came in Hexflame?

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    My Custodes are getting so close to finished. They are going to arrive almost perfectly timed with the new codex.

I decided I do need at least one more box of terminators and one more box of regular Custodian Guard painted up, because I forgot to get a Vexilla of both types. So I'll end up with like 19 guard and 8 Allaris Terminators plus a Vexilla of both types. Should give me nice squad size/points flexibility.

So my first extension to the army will likely be those two boxes, plus a box of 5 Custodian Guard with the Sagetarum kits upgrade kits.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Yay
    I know it's AoS
    lw5xolzugj6b.png
    Holga Clovenhorn is actually the 2021 Warhammer Age of Sigmar event miniature, and was originally going to make her global debut at Adepticon earlier this year. Well, we don’t want anyone to miss out due to the pandemic, so this commemorative model will be available to order through games-workshop.com from next weekend – with no pre-order window.
    And also
    Be sure to join us on Thursday the 18th of November, when we’ll be revealing all of this year’s Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar Battleforces in preparation for the holiday season. Not only do they save you money compared to picking up the constituent units separately, but each Battleforce will provide the perfect start – or significant reinforcements – to any collection.
    I am very curious what they will be since most of the time they are a 60/40 type of force pushing one build but with extras
    I am also curious if they do terrain deals or any bundles with the painting accessories?

What are the odds we're gonna see a bunch of Vanguard Marines and Impulsors in the Christmas Battleforces?

It seems like GW really, really wants people to buy Vanguard Marines and Impulsors for some reason.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    What are the odds we're gonna see a bunch of Vanguard Marines and Impulsors in the Christmas Battleforces?

It seems like GW really, really wants people to buy Vanguard Marines and Impulsors for some reason.

Yeah theyve got a lot of them in a warehouse

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I like my one spectrus kill team and the eliminators I use for 75 points. But never going to need more than 5 infiltrators, 5 incursors, or 3 eliminators.

u7stthr17eud.png
    There are currently 6 Space Marine Combat Patrol boxes (including the Black Templars one that is about the release). Three of them have Vanguard Marines included, three of them have Impulsors included, two of them have Vanguard Marines and Impulsors included, and one of them is 100% Vanguard Marines and an Impulsor.

This sorta thing wouldn't bug me as much if they weren't replacing Start Collecting with Combat Patrol, since the original SC Space Marines box was an excellent cornerstone purchase to start an army (you had a standard Tactical Squad, a tough HQ, and a Venerable Dreadnought for solid fire support and melee to form a core that you could branch out from in a number of different directions). The SC Blood Angels box was even better, you had the same Tactical Squad and Terminator Captain, but they were Blood Angels specific sculpts that were covered in iconography, and instead of a Dreadnought you got a Baal Predator, a BA-exclusive vehicle that was again covered in iconography. With the exception of the Black Templars and generic Marines Combat Patrol boxes (that are just using recycled sprues) the new ones feel like the design decision was "dump some Primaris models and a couple of upgrade sprues in there and call it a day".

I especially liked how the SC Marines and SC Chaos Marines boxes were mirror images of one another, that was pretty fluffy.

The rumour is they aren't even doing Christmas boxes this year, instead opting for zero-discount "bundles" on their store. Whether that's true is something we'll have to find out, I guess.

In unrelated news I can confirm that Covens-heavy Drukhari are as absolutely disgusting as I suspected that they might be. A 35 point model that's T6, 4W, 6++/5+++ and has -1 damage is something that my list needs more of.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    The rumour is they aren't even doing Christmas boxes this year, instead opting for zero-discount "bundles" on their store. Whether that's true is something we'll have to find out, I guess.

They are claiming on the community site that they will be doing Christmas boxes for 40k and AoS with savings, to be made public on 18 Nov.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Whatever they're doing, it's (supposedly) only going to be available through GW itself. FLGs (apparently) never got any sort of ordering options for such things.

(Edit: to be clear, FLGs didn't get ordering options for such things this year, compared to previous years, which is why there were rumours that GW wasn't doing anything.)

//

New SoH Praetor looking damn good:

D67QH61RZHySiHwk.jpg

LordSolarMacharius on
    Whatever they're doing, it's (supposedly) only going to be available through GW itself. FLGs (apparently) never got any sort of ordering options for such things.

Back in 2018 I got the space marine one 2 of the craftworlder {one was a back up just in case I did not get the space marine one} the DoK and then the idoneth one
    All from different local stores as the one I was going to get the space marine and I did buy both of the craftworlder ones from a FLG was closing after that holiday season. I bought the SM and DoK online the Idoneth I got from the GW store as it opened that following March

I am still curious what the armies will be other than the ubiquitous primaris one. I am curious if they will do terrain deals again if they will do any bundles with the painting stuff [like another 5 pack of the handles}

So I got to play a practice game yesterday, first game in a month oof.

I was playing my current list version for LVO.
    ++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Deathwatch) [116 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 
    Chapter Selection: Deathwatch
    Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +
    Strategem: Relics of the Chapter [-2CP]: 2x Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +
    Primaris Captain [5 PL, -1CP, 105pts]:
    Dominus Aegis, Stratagem: A Vigil Unmatched, Warlord. 2. Paragon of their Chapter: Ultramarines: Adept of the Codex. 3. Nowhere to Hide (Aura). Heavy bolt pistol, Master-crafted power sword and Relic shield: Master-crafted power sword, Relic Shield

Primaris Chaplain on Bike [7 PL, -1CP, 140pts]:
    1. Litany of Faith (Aura), 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Chapter Command:  Master of Sanctity, Litany of Hate, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Tome of Ectoclades, Wise Orator

Primaris Techmarine [4 PL, -1CP, 80pts]:
    Rites of War, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Vhorkan-Pattern Auspicator

+ Troops +
    Proteus Kill Team [18 PL, 255pts]:
    Jump Packs. Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Boltgun, Storm shield. Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Shotgun. Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Shotgun. Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Shotgun. Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Veteran Biker: Astartes Chainsword. Veteran Biker: Astartes Chainsword. Veteran Biker: Astartes Chainsword. Watch Sergeant: Deathwatch Shotgun

Proteus Kill Team [18 PL, 255pts]:
    Jump Packs. Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Boltgun, Storm shield. Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Shotgun. Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Shotgun. Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Shotgun. Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Veteran Biker: Astartes Chainsword. Veteran Biker: Astartes Chainsword. Veteran Biker: Astartes Chainsword. Watch Sergeant: Deathwatch Shotgun

Spectrus Kill Team [13 PL, 225pts].
    5x Incursor: 5x Bolt pistol, 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Occulus bolt carbine, 5x Paired Combat Blades. 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine. Infiltrator Sergeant

+ Elites +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [10 PL, 145pts].
    3x Bladeguard Veteran: 3x Frag & Krak grenades, 3x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 3x Master-crafted power sword, 3x Storm Shield. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Neo-volkite pistol

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]:
    2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]:
    2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, -1CP, 150pts]:
    2x Twin volkite culverin

+ Fast Attack +

Suppressor Squad [5 PL, 100pts].
    2x Suppressor: 2x Accelerator autocannon, 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Frag & Krak grenades. Suppressor Sergeant

Suppressor Squad [5 PL, 100pts].
    2x Suppressor: 2x Accelerator autocannon, 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Frag & Krak grenades. Suppressor Sergeant

+ Heavy Support +
    Eliminator Squad [5 PL, 75pts]:
    Bolt sniper rifle. Eliminator Sergeant: Instigator Bolt Carbine. 2x Eliminators: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Camo cloak, 2x Frag & Krak grenades

++ Total: [116 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] ++
    Created with BattleScribe

My opponent was playing Custodes. List from memory:
    ++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [93 PL, -2CP, 1,880pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

Shield Host: Shadowkeepers

+ HQ +

Captain-General Trajann Valoris [10 PL, 190pts]

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, -1CP, 175pts]: Auric Aquilas, Captain-Commander, Hurricane Bolter, Indomitable Constitution, Superior Creation, Warlord

+ Troops +

Sagittarum Custodians [10 PL, 265pts]
    . Sagittarum Custodian: Misericordia

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought [9 PL, 170pts]

Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought [9 PL, 170pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Venatari Custodians [16 PL, 275pts]
    . Venatari Custodian
    . . Kinetic Destroyer and Tarsus Buckler
    . Venatari Custodian
    . Venatari Custodian
    . Venatari Custodian
    . Venatari Custodian

Vertus Praetors [16 PL, 340pts]
    . Vertus Praetor: Salvo Launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Telemon Heavy Dreadnought [14 PL, -1CP, 295pts]: Arachnus Storm Cannon, Eternal Penitent
    . Telemon Caestus

++ Auxiliary Support Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [6 PL, 10CP, 120pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Shield Host: Shadowkeepers

+ Elites +

Vexilus Praetor [6 PL, 120pts]: Guardian Spear, Vexilla Magnifica

++ Total: [99 PL, 8CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I deployed first and went first. Which I am actually meh on these days. I am such a cagey player with my deathwatch and secondaries like Oath work so much better if you go second. Still I new I had much better board control. The mission was Surround and Destroy (6 objectives, hold 1, hold 2, hold more) with 2 in each deployment zone and 2 in the middle.

My secondaries were Oath, Stranglehold, and ROD. His were Engage, the mission one (we talked it over and he should have done banners so we gave him 10 for that instead at the end), and No Prisoners which I warned him is a trap verse my army. You need to table me to get 14 points, and I will make sure you get less than 10.

My army combat squads out so I have 6 obsec units on the board. So I had a lot more units to take terrain. Many of them are fast so I knew it was mostly just avoiding the Telemon (Terry) and making sure I just throw as few models as possible to take objectives each turn. If I held my back 2 I would win on secondaries pretty easily thanks to how rod, oath, and stranglehold work. My opponent went aggressive moving out the saggittarun and venetari so they could shoot, keep the bikes back, and moved out the worlds most annoying captain on bike.

Turn 2 I move out with the dreads. I get the 9 wound captain down to 2. Killed a couple sagittarun. His dreads were out of LOS with their advance and I just ignore the telemon and kept my dreads out of his los. Got 2 wounds off his vexilus praetor with some snipers too! I score stranglehold, get oath, and have 4 of the objectives. His bikes and galatus come to play this turn. Kill a redemptor (failed 4 of 4 5++ on him) and get a charge off on my back end shotguns. His back galatus wiffs. I interrupt and kill the other dread using a metal bomb strat (full rerolls from my chappy was huge here) and attacks from my other vv getting really good rerolls on him. His bikes finish off the unit but I contest with infiltrators/incursors and my chappy. But at this point he was in trouble. My turn I kill 2 bikes with my contemptor though he cancels my tome of the ectoclades with his no rerolls strat. Redemptor kills the othe galatus. And I throw some units onto the objective with the telemon to be annoying. Keep him to 10 points again and get all my secondaries. At this point I am 8 on rod and have a ton of obsec and he really down. Also finished off the bike captain.

Turn 3 and 4 was clean up. By the end of 4 he had 2 backfield guys, 4 venetari stuck on a point for points, Trajan, and Terry. We talked through the end and I pulled some extra bodies to what he would kill.

End of the game it was 94-65 (giving him 10 for banners instead of the mission secondary which was really 94-55).

Feeling good on this list. Patience again is my key. I feel like my list is built around late speed so I can wait till I get a good turn to shoot up everyone and then take objectives with bikes/vv teams and even suppressors advancing.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Looks like GSC and Custodes codexes are being delayed until early 2022. Battle box is still looking like xmas.

Such disappoint

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Khraul wrote: »
    Looks like GSC and Custodes codexes are being delayed until early 2022. Battle box is still looking like xmas.

Such disappoint

Link?

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Such disappoint

Link?

k17qaco2u9v8.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/16/is-a-genestealer-cult-on-terra-the-death-knell-of-the-imperium/

Such disappoint

Link?

k17qaco2u9v8.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/16/is-a-genestealer-cult-on-terra-the-death-knell-of-the-imperium/

Oh that is normal just like Orks and BT. The box will be the only way to get new gsc/custodes till later. But good to know.

u7stthr17eud.png

Such disappoint

Link?

k17qaco2u9v8.png

Oh that is normal just like Orks and BT. The box will be the only way to get new gsc/custodes till later. But good to know.

No, this is a delay to the Codex release, the Community blurb confirms it;
    While we previously expected the Adeptus Custodes and Genestealer Cults codexes to arrive alongside Shadow Throne, it’s fair to say that the process of shipping things around the world is still not without its challenges.

Despite the Herculean efforts of the teams that work to get new Warhammer into stores and homes every week, these codexes are now expected to land early next year. In the meantime, though, we’re going to reveal a bunch of cool stuff from both books while we wait, so stay tuned to Warhammer Community for regular updates.

I wouldn't expect the box to contain either Codex, the dual army releases usually don't. GW only slaps a Codex in for a specific army set.

• JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    Early 2022 doesnt exactly fill me with confidence its anytime soon. Guess you got the new year and shit to contend with now.

Bah, my GSC are barely playable! :(

One of my club members had a great idea, just unlock the new codex info on the app till the codex comes out and then lock it like normal so people can play with the new rules.

Also not going to lie I am worried about GSC. They are an army that can go DE/Ad Mech/Ork like real fast. They were a horror to play against in 8th before the nerfs/SM codex 2.0 came out.

Though the two loyal GSC players got a 50% win rate this week at major tourneys. Kudos to them.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    At some level I kinda wonder if they’re doing the balance issues on purpose, like all these Xenos that are normally kinda trash ar whipping the shit out of imperial units, and the imperial players are seemingly on the back for more than they usually are. Kinda like what’s seemingly happening in all this fluff.

Sleep wrote: »
    At some level I kinda wonder if they’re doing the balance issues on purpose, like all these Xenos that are normally kinda trash ar whipping the shit out of imperial units, and the imperial players are seemingly on the back for more than they usually are. Kinda like what’s seemingly happening in all this fluff.

They are doing the balance fixes on purpose, the issues are probably due to the fact they have different teams working on different things so it does help explain the codexes and the warzone books difference
    The Fluff and how the armies play are a different problem.

Part of me wants to get shadowthrone for the talons of the emperor since outsides of the SoS it's all we lack for that army [it's a house army so it's not been high on the list} But how we have ended up with a GSC force I am tempted as well but this is the argument about the lack of digital codexes

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

Such disappoint

They don't seem to be doing well on getting books atm. They don't even have a tie in book for Aeronautica Imperialis Wrath of Angels yet, which is usually required for the non-core box stuff that comes out with the two fleets.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Aegeri wrote: »

Such disappoint

They don't seem to be doing well on getting books atm. They don't even have a tie in book for Aeronautica Imperialis Wrath of Angels yet, which is usually required for the non-core box stuff that comes out with the two fleets.

I feel they don't have a follow up book because of the pandemic stuff and AI being a specialist game

Speaking of specialist games, Armigers are headed to Adeptus Titanicus.
    qd5ywg8q9h5o.jpg

I didn't think they would ever add models that small, especially in resin. Painting Knights is already tough, I have no idea what it'll be like trying to paint Armigers.