As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

For Whom The Drum Tolls…Pa Rum Pa Pum Pum

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'm ignoring this thread exists.
    It's the only way to win.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I love this game because of my job I can't leave the OR for hours at a time and music is constantly playing so it ratchets up the tension.

Also, was this thread responsible for all the sexy Kirby feet pictures years ago?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Getting eliminated by the Pentatonix version counts as a DOUBLE elimination

Can confirm, got double eliminated last year

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    It’s the hap-
    Happiest
    Way to get eliminated
    Of the year.

!signup

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I'm in

Let's see whether working from home for 4 days a week and not going home for Christmas this year is enough to save me

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular
    I'm in.

Hopefully I can be eliminated more honorably this year and forget the shame of my self-elimination last year.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    List should be updated now

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Can I try if I'm not even sure what song it is?

...Does ignorance mean I can't lose?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    !Sign me up

• EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    I will not fall to the drummer this year

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Little Drummer Boy is a song about a boy who had no gift to give Jesus on Christmas, except the music of his drum. The “pa-rum-pa-pum-pum” part is onomatopoeia for the drum.

Enlong wrote: »

Little Drummer Boy is a song about a boy who had no gift to give Jesus on Christmas, except the music of his drum. The “pa-rum-pa-pum-pum” part is onomatopoeia for the drum.

Oh no, I mean I'm sure I've heard it... but even that doesn't bring anything to mind.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Oh no, I mean I'm sure I've heard it... but even that doesn't bring anything to mind.

It's this one. Sort of.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I need to update the op still

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    When you do that, know that I am in as well.

I have won every year I have participated, surely my hubris shall not be my downfall this time.

I'm pretty sure that's how hubris works.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Had to have the LDB talk with the new girlfriend.

I think talking about finances and boundaries and childhood traumas were the easier conversations, frankly...

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Ohhhhh boy! I have decided on the theme this year

We need Raijin to be the featured Trashberg guest where he has to let her go through his Google search history

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I love this game because of my job I can't leave the OR for hours at a time and music is constantly playing so it ratchets up the tension.

Also, was this thread responsible for all the sexy Kirby feet pictures years ago?

Nah, Kirby’s sexy feet were the reason for that

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I am absolutely in, and I will beat my record from last year. Which was getting out at 7 PM on Black Friday because Dad put the Christmas music tv station on.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Just to be clear we have not started and will not until the 26th of November right?

Otherwise I just took myself out absentmindedly.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Anyways, now that I actually know what song it is I'm in. As long as I don't get taken out at the grocery store this should be pretty easy.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Anyways, now that I actually know what song it is I'm in. As long as I don't get taken out at the grocery store this should be pretty easy.

Narrator: it wasn't.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    Just to be clear we have not started and will not until the 26th of November right?

Otherwise I just took myself out absentmindedly.

You’re still safe.

That’s how I eliminated myself last year. Just started whistling it

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Very upset that the name of this thread isn’t “For Whom the Drum Rolls”.

sarukun wrote: »
    Very upset that the name of this thread isn’t “For Whom the Drum Rolls”.

Well, since I titled this thread with every intention of upsetting you I’m going to say it’s a rousing success!

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Just glad I could do my part.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Exclusive live footage:

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I'm in
    Sign me uppppp

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Well, I saw my demise flash before my eyes.

There's a singer songwriter called Paul Kelly who is an institution here in Australia, guy has a billion records out. He's responsible for one for one of my favourite songs of all time, How To Make Gravy, a bittersweet POV of a guy in prison contacting a loved one, it played a big part in helping younger me sympathise with people in the system and is also a beautiful song about family and Christmas in Australia.

And that jerk released a Christmas album and no points for guessing what track 6 is. So it's not a matter of if but when, all I can do is appreciate the time I have once the competition starts.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

There's a singer songwriter called Paul Kelly who is an institution here in Australia, guy has a billion records out. He's responsible for one for one of my favourite songs of all time, How To Make Gravy, a bittersweet POV of a guy in prison contacting a loved one, it played a big part in helping younger me sympathise with people in the system and is also a beautiful song about family and Christmas in Australia.

And that jerk released a Christmas album and no points for guessing what track 6 is. So it's not a matter of if but when, all I can do is appreciate the time I have once the competition starts.

That fucking song makes me cry every fucking time

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hah I went to find the new Christmas album and what was I listening to most recently in Apple Music?
    b39spx6e13x3.png

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

That fucking song makes me cry every fucking time

I'm bad at crying but I definitely get melancholy every time

I will update the list before it starts

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Please add me, Steve!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Sign me up! I think I survived last year but I also didn't have to go anywhere.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Sign me up! I think I survived last year but I also didn't have to go anywhere.

Yeah, last year I was pretty safe staying home. This year, gotta travel and stuff. Going to be tougher.

Just a few days left…Pa rum…Pa pum

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Well I just made plans with the family to fly down for Christmas week. We're taking my nephews to some big Christmas event on the 23rd that'll have a bunch of activities for them.

It's an interesting feeling knowing that you're a dead man walking and knowing which day is the one you'll die.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Getting eliminated by the Pentatonix version counts as a DOUBLE elimination

I'm pretty sure this is the one that's done me in twice in the past two years.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I just realized that one of my students is probably gonna bring this song in to work on for a concert. That's how I lose. Some fuckin 12 year old playing it on a clarinet.