As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Transcendence are always designed around specific characters though

Basically, hope you have Sephiroth

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Short Stream today. Free pulls coming up on both Raid banners (Vayne/CoD), as well as Zack LD (which releases at a "mystery date" after the next event).

Otherwise everything is mostly to be expected. Cait Sith LD, Shelke, Lann & Reynn BT+/LD, Garnet LD, Auron LD. I think JP had a spring fest event with Vanille LD right before Garnet but looks like that got pushed back.

The next stream is suspiciously a week early, on Sunday 11/21.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Eh, maybe they think their community managers will have other things to worry about on Black Friday? I'm not going to read anything into it.

The new tier of weapons announced in JP will be Force (FR) weapons. Drop rate around LD odds, 400 G tokens to pity. Kain will be the first.

Force weapons will need 12 high powerstones to max out. Which is the equivalent of 240 regular powerstones.

There's a bunch of stuff about what they do but I had a chance to read through the translations yet.

Zack Banner dropped. 40 tickets for the win.

There's no event attached to it, just the draw banner. I tested Zack out for funsies and he is a monster. Fantastic stuff.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Grabbed Zack LD pretty cheap, doubt I'll actually end up really utilizing him until his C90 rework though

Would like to grab Cait Sith for his very unique battery mechanic, but after that I think I'm skipping everything until Auron

Thankfully, I've got units to clear every upcoming Lufenia+ already. Agrias time to shine coming up if you pulled for her.

120 tickets to get Cait Sith LD, and now I'm done pulling until Auron

When is Agrias supposed to shine? She was kinda butt for the flower raid. Fortunately, Porom is still a champ.

edited November 2021
    Fry wrote: »
    When is Agrias supposed to shine? She was kinda butt for the flower raid. Fortunately, Porom is still a champ.

Cait Sith Lufenia+ is horrible bullshit without confuse or paralyze

(She is also good for Shelke Luf+)

Maddoc on
    Cleared Cait Sith Lufenia+ with a party of Y'shtola BT+, Vaan, and Agrias

My biggest issue was actually dealing damage too quickly for Agrias to re-apply Confuse or Paralyze, which led to me restarting a few times

Even my successful run I had to burn some turns having Vaan use BRV attack and Y'shtola use Medica

Ha ha, Wight Priest that warps its turn at HP thresholds. Yeah, I can see why one would want to have Agrias around for that.

Remember back in the day when that guy was fun, because he was actually fairly launchable for any random team?

Took a couple tries to get it all lined up correctly, but cleared Shelke Luf+ with Butts BT+, Vayne, and Agrias with friend CoD

Agrias was basically the key to my 0 boss turn strategy, due to her Confuse preventing the boss from gaining evasion upon summoning adds, also her LD satisfies the orb condition along with Vayne EX

Fuckin hell, that Queen of Charm Lufenia+ took me a bunch of tries

Kept doing it the "right" way, getting to the very end, running out of steam and letting one of the manikins take a turn and then it's all over

Said fuck it, 100% launch damage reduction? Fuck it, Cid you got this

So I cleared it with Cidmau and Butts

I went with a Bartz, Cor, Agrias team, though it took me a few attempts to time everything right. Glad i finally got it down, would not do again.

I'm behind a couple still so I've got to work on the Garnet Luf+ next. Had a couple of close runs that crashed and burned at the finish line because I kept forgetting about the returned orb near the end, blah. Trying either Beatrix/Y'shtola/Exdeath or Lann&Reynn teams right now.

edited November 2021
    I've gotta finish tuning up my Beatrix sometime today to give that one a shot

Not sure who else I'm gonna bring just yet, but she seems extremely good for both that and the boss rush afterward

Maddoc on
    For the Garnet Lufenia+, I blew it apart with Twins and Twins friend. Yshtola (not using burst) and Faris rounded out the team. Faris dispelled, and then I filled up all the slots with framed debuffs.

I think I like that, for the boss rush, there isn't actually a harder difficulty, just a (very) strict timer. Not slamming into a situation where you're dealing 1s for damage is nice.

I think I was overthinking Garnet Luf+; L&R (regular BT), Y'sh (BT+), and Beatrix did it pretty handily, even though I kept screwing up my timing on safeguards and healing.

Special thanks to @Fry for your awesome Lann&Reynn friend unit, they chewed through those antlions really fast!

I have been hoarding BT+ materials for basically a situation where I find myself in need of a specific BT+, but I keep coming around back to "Maybe I should just green Ace"

L&R I pulled their BT really early so I felt like I was forced to get their LD, and I can see where they would come in handy but ultimately I'm not really impressed with them outside of Megaflare

Divine Shiva is up, good luck farming y'all. I've been burning tickets as I'm making them, and managed to snag Jecht LD and finally Auron LD. Garnet still is a big miss. I might end up burning all the Shiva tickets and still not get her, alas.

We've got two free multi draws coming up for Black Friday, as well as some extra goodies and several days of 0.99¢ for 500 gem days. Kadaj banner and an unspecified second banner, which is likely the Vanille LD banner.

Winter fest also will have 6 first multi draws free, 5 of 6 banners have been announced. 6th is likely the Lenna LD banner.

Got Jecht LD and EX in 10 tickets, so now I'm looking at how much pulling I plan to do on the remainder of his banners, and when I will token his BT if I need to

Jecht's BT is on the next three banners with free first multidraws, hopefully you can luck out there before deciding to token it.

Garnet Lufenia+ was one where I'm not sure it was DIFFICULT, exactly, but I kept fucking up and triggering something right before they took a turn which resulted in them having too much BRV

Took a solid few tries to get it all lined up, but ultimately Y'shtola BT+, Beatrix, and L&R got the job done

Now I've got enough mats for two Green BT+

My first cleared attempt at Shiva Luf+ was Y'shtola, WoL, and Cor. And ended at 71 turns, 1 damn turn too many.

Fast forward to this attempt; WoL, Cor, Auron. I'm down to the last Shiva, at 1% and on turn 70....

Cor is up. So is Reaper's Gale. Massive damage, free turn. Hoooooly cow that's a victory at exactly 70 turns! Cor pulls out the Hail Mary for the win!

This might be what gets me to BT+ Ace, but I'll give it a couple tries when I have a chance without and see how it goes

The fight itself isn't too bad; the orb is not a game ender, but if you end up eating a lot of freezes the turn count is what gets you.

I was definitely goofing at freeze management so that didn't help. I'm just glad I squeaked by.

I don't envy anyone without WoL LD

edited November 2021
    Huh, surprise Balthier rework.

Edit: second banner is Setzer/Balthier/Ashe, guess we aren't getting Vanille today.

Elderlycrawfish on
    Dropped 70 tickets into Maria banner

Got Jecht BT, and nothing else, so that's cool

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Perfect banner for me, I didn't have Setzer or Ashe's LD. Now I just don't have Ashe but lots of Shiva left to go.

I also hit a lucky streak and now I have Jecht and the twins' BTs. Still trying to decide which BT to use my only book on.

Slowly figuring out Lufenia, which is nice.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    Luf+, I cut it close on the score and turn count (61), but Auron/Cor/Porom was a relatively easy way to beat this fight. Auron with Porom's buff just eats the big hp hits at the thresholds and brushes it off.
    Cor and Porom invalidate the orb.

Maria eludes, gonna try to resist burning resources here.

Boo hiss

Clearing VH+ Boss Rush doesn't auto-clear VH

I mean, I cleared VH+, so VH should be basically a cakewalk with the same strategy, but come the fuck on

Still have yet to go back and do Shiva Luf+, but man oh man, Shadow's CPU Raid Lufenia+ is I think the easiest one to date?

The only difficulty was that I was almost killing the two bits too quickly

Granted, I had Shadow, but Galuf or Prompto could have handled the orb just as easily

edited November 2021
    Shiva wasn't too bad with WoL, Cor, and Ace. Top tip if you have WoL on your team: try to summon at 51% and push below 29% during the summon, this will cause up to four diamond dusts to go off at once. Friend Twins helps a lot in making that jump (Megaflare hits for 6% to each target).

The official in-game tips suggests using HP attack disable to block diamond dust, but I didn't notice many suggested teams going that route. A thing to watch out for is that the orb countdown is not at all lethal (for once!) but it does take two turns off every debuff, which can be rough on HP disable. (Can also be problematic for Ace's trap, so be aware of that)

Fry on
    So that made me curious, and I found this extremely clean Shiva clear using Arciela

https://youtu.be/sIs2G754m4U

Ydaroth is quite a combo, albeit a bit boring. But setting Yda up to have infinite turns is hilariously broken (provided you can meet orb requirements and such).

I did the Luf+ run with Ydaroth and friend Exdeath, but finished when maintenance started. Luckily it still counted the win so I didn't have to redo it.

Stream today, TL;DR version:

Free first multi draws on every banner from now to Ursula banner.

New Years special draw banner (every LD and EX up to Dec.28), free draw daily from 12/31-1/11

Daily 1/1-1/3 login bonus, 2000 gems (6k total)
    Additional daily mission (12/31-1/11) for 5 tickets(55 total)

Happy holidays everyone, good luck on your free draws!

I hope you like this multiplayer fight, because you have to do it a couple hundred times to clear out the shop

Have had so little time to invest that I only just now cleared the Lenna Lufenia+

Just decided to not think too hard about it, and brought Cidmau with Butts

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    I hope you like this multiplayer fight, because you have to do it a couple hundred times to clear out the shop

I saw 1500 points for the BT shards and thought "not so bad" and then I realized they're selling like 20 of them!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    Happy New Years, DFFOO players!

So I've been whiffing hard on Fran and Snow.....but I did get Machina's BT out of it! Score! I decided to max him out and give it a whirl.

Good. Grief. Machina just destroys. 1 million+ damage turns is just gross. He melts faces.

Machina is.

It won't last or at least everyone will eventually catch up, but he just plain busts everything up right now. I caught up on the two most recent Luf+ super easy. Just set up the debuffs and buffs and let Machina go Brrrrrr and then claim your rewards.